America's Gun Violence

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    KC138045 said:
    Meme floating around with a girl taking her senior pictures with a sidearm tucked in the waist of her jeans. Just another responsible gun owner with a weapon pointed at her femoral artery for fun.  This is what happens when Tomi Lahren is your role model.
    I saw the story.  She's not dong any thing illegal so I really don't see the big deal.
    No one said that it's a big deal. She's just fucking stupid is all.

I don't know. Maybe she's book smart. But she sure as shit ain't got no common sense.

And before I get accused of being overly harsh, I learned how to shoot a gun before I learned my multiplication tables. And it's not a fucking toy or an accessory. It's an instrument of death, and it should be carefully handled as such.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    KC138045 said:
    Meme floating around with a girl taking her senior pictures with a sidearm tucked in the waist of her jeans. Just another responsible gun owner with a weapon pointed at her femoral artery for fun.  This is what happens when Tomi Lahren is your role model.
    I saw the story.  She's not dong any thing illegal so I really don't see the big deal.
    Maybe not illegal, but if her senior pictures are meant to be in the yearbook, that is probably against every school's policy in the country.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Should all level out.  I’m sure the teachers boycotting Wells Fargo will be counteracted by the gun owners boycotting BOA and vise versa...This is all pretty non-significant at the end of the day.  There are plenty of banks that would love the business, especially the smaller ones.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited April 2018
    KC138045 said:
    She’s being careless, irresponsible, and endangering her life. Doesn’t really bode well for the responsible gun owner argument. If I’m sitting on the edge of a bridge with a 300 foot chasm below, I’m not doing anything illegal either. Do you see the big deal there?
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    KC138045 said:
    She’s being careless, irresponsible, and endangering her life. Doesn’t really bode well for the responsible gun owner argument. If I’m sitting on the edge of a bridge with a 300 foot chasm below, I’m not doing anything illegal either. Do you see the big deal there?
    She lives in a state where concealed carry is legal and I think open carry is too.  Its just a picture of her with a gun tucked in her pants.  I just don't get all the fuss about it.  Bold part is a bit of an exaggeration IMO.

I fall in the middle of this debate.  I support the 2nd but at the same time think there needs to be stricter laws and regulations.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    edited April 2018
    KC138045 said:
    Meh, looks like an excellent display of feminism in my opinion.  Good for her in exercising her 1st and 2nd Amendment rights :)
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    PJPOWER said:
    Should all level out.  I’m sure the teachers boycotting Wells Fargo will be counteracted by the gun owners boycotting BOA and vise versa...This is all pretty non-significant at the end of the day.  There are plenty of banks that would love the business, especially the smaller ones.
    You'd be a fool to go to Wells.  The issue with the fraudulent card openings is real and pervasive.  I think I posted here, after the Citi announcement, that the Bank was next.  Don't you worry, Cap One will be coming soon.  They have a far more progressive employee base than BAC.  They were celebrating LBGT month starting in 1997.  
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    You'd be a fool to go to Wells.  The issue with the fraudulent card openings is real and pervasive.  I think I posted here, after the Citi announcement, that the Bank was next.  Don't you worry, Cap One will be coming soon.  They have a far more progressive employee base than BAC.  They were celebrating LBGT month starting in 1997.  
    Yeah, I don’t really know.  I have always banked with local banks and tried to avoid the big ones you mentioned do to what you mentioned.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Meh, looks like an excellent display of feminism in my opinion.  Good for her in exercising her 1st and 2nd Amendment rights :)
    It is not a display of feminism at all. Please stop attempting to define what feminism is, it's embarrassing and kind of insulting to women.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Yeah, I don’t really know.  I have always banked with local banks and tried to avoid the big ones you mentioned do to what you mentioned.

I find the large banks much more reputationally focused than smaller, regional ones.  It's easy to get them to go against "policy" when you leverage the right regulatory bodies on them.  The $'s for an individual consumer are less than a rounding error vs dealing with a regulator on a situation.  Very quickly the time you are sucking up of theirs exceeds whatever it is your're arguing. They bend very quickly.  Just food for thought.  
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    It is not a display of feminism at all. Please stop attempting to define what feminism is, it's embarrassing and kind of insulting to women.
    I guess it doesn’t meet “your” definition of feminism...
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    I'm 100% sure you don't understand the definition of feminism.
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    I’ll be the tie breaker. Can someone link the photo? I tried to google it but got 100 different senior photos with guns, now it makes me curious why this one got so much attention
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    I’ll be the tie breaker. Can someone link the photo? I tried to google it but got 100 different senior photos with guns, now it makes me curious why this one got so much attention
    Here you go @mace1229

The issue with it is, how reckless and dumb it is to carry a gun that way. Someone mentioned how open carry and conceal carry are legal so no big deal. This is completely normal.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • The deal is she's wearing the gun as a fashion accessory. She's an idiot, but she doesn't realize it because she's surrounded by idiots that thinks that is cool.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

The issue with it is, how reckless and dumb it is to carry a gun that way. Someone mentioned how open carry and conceal carry are legal so no big deal. This is completely normal.

Her statement sounds a lot like feminism...
    “Spencer replied: 'Because I'm proud of my second amendment right and I want to empower other women!”
    And appendix carry is not my preferred method, it does have benefits and drawbacks.  If she knows what she is doing, it is perfectly fine and not illegal in the slightest.  Here’s a good article that draws out the benefits and hazards.
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/appendix-carry-concealed-carry-methods/

PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

To someone who doesn't understand what feminism is.
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

What is femenism then, if not promoting female empowerment?  Was she not wearing the appropriateness pussy hat attire?
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

What is femenism then, if not promoting female empowerment?  Was she not wearing the appropriateness pussy hat attire?
    I will help you out.

fem·i·nism

T
    he advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes.

What does carrying a gun in your pants irresponsibly have anything to do with that?

Not to mention doing so while advocating for a person who is an admitted sexual assaulter.
    edited April 2018
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

I will help you out.

fem·i·nism

The advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes.

What does carrying a gun in your pants irresponsibly have anything to do with that?

Not to mention doing so while advocating for a person who is an admitted sexual assaulter.
    So a woman advocating equal 1st and 2nd Amendment rights by outwardly exercising and openly stating that she is promoting female empowerment does not fit the definition of feminism...and wearing a pussy hat does...got it.
    It is a woman’s right to advocate and vote for whoever she feels fit, whether or not it is someone you agree with.  It is also a woman’s right to be pro-life, pro-gun, etc, etc, etc.
    “Spencer replied: 'Because I'm proud of my second amendment right and I want to empower other women!”
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Unsafely using, storing or handling a firearm does not empower anyone. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

I will help you out.

fem·i·nism

The advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes.

So a woman advocating equal 1st and 2nd Amendment rights by outwardly exercising and openly stating that she is promoting female empowerment does not fit the definition of feminism...and wearing a pussy hat does...got it.
    It is a woman’s right to advocate and vote for whoever she feels fit, whether or not it is someone you agree with.  It is also a woman’s right to be pro-life, pro-gun, etc, etc, etc.
    How is unsafely handling a weapon empowering anyone?

And why do you keep bringing up "pussy hats"? Are you still upset by actual feminists marching against your saviour Trump? Is that what this is all about?

And is Karen Mallard in jail yet? ;)
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.
    I think the picture is dumb, but I don't get the hype around it. At first I thought it was said this was a high school yearbook photo, I can get why high schools would be upset.
    Its college, and sounds like it got more coverage because she posted it on social media than from a yearbook.
    Again, I think it's dumb, but who cares? That's really the worst thing posted on social media that deserves so much attention? I would also ignore all the safety comments. Its a photo shoot, First I would assume someone advocating for gun rights knows how to handle a gun, and second, a photo prop I doubt its loaded with the safety off. That goes against basic safety rules to assume its not loaded, but in this case I think it is okay to not slamm her for ignore safety when we have no idea what was really happening. This picture should have just got ignored and would have been forgotten in an hour.
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.
    I think the picture is dumb, but I don't get the hype around it. At first I thought it was said this was a high school yearbook photo, I can get why high schools would be upset.
    Its college, and sounds like it got more coverage because she posted it on social media than from a yearbook.
    Again, I think it's dumb, but who cares? That's really the worst thing posted on social media that deserves so much attention? I would also ignore all the safety comments. Its a photo shoot, First I would assume someone advocating for gun rights knows how to handle a gun, and second, a photo prop I doubt its loaded with the safety off. That goes against basic safety rules to assume its not loaded, but in this case I think it is okay to not slamm her for ignore safety when we have no idea what was really happening. This picture should have just got ignored and would have been forgotten in an hour.

So now we should assume that the firearm she's carrying isn't loaded, despite the fact that she says she is carrying it "to protect myself and my family"? I guess she'll whack people over the head with it. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

And appendix carry is not my preferred method, it does have benefits and drawbacks.  If she knows what she is doing, it is perfectly fine and not illegal in the slightest.  Here’s a good article that draws out the benefits and hazards.
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/appendix-carry-concealed-carry-methods/

Feminists don't support men who are sexual predators and have a long, long history of having no respect for women, except for the daughter he wants to fuck.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.
    Wait. Just awhile ago people were ripping on a woman for taking apart a gun in the wrong order because it was setting a bad example. But this person gets a pass?

I agree she should be ignored. She is obviously just trying to stir the pot and get a job on Fox News. I'm sure she will get a job soon too, she doesn't seem particularly smart but she is attractive.....all the qualifications you need to be a right wing spokesperson.
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.
    Wait. Just awhile ago people were ripping on a woman for taking apart a gun in the wrong order because it was setting a bad example. But this person gets a pass?

I agree she should be ignored. She is obviously just trying to stir the pot and get a job on Fox News. I'm sure she will get a job soon too, she doesn't seem particularly smart but she is attractive.....all the qualifications you need to be a right wing spokesperson.

I'll definitely agree on the ignore. These days, the right has mostly devolved into just attempting to provoke the left, since they have few good arguments left. 
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.

So now we should assume that the firearm she's carrying isn't loaded, despite the fact that she says she is carrying it "to protect myself and my family"? I guess she'll whack people over the head with it. 
    No, thats not what I am saying.
    I'm saying take this for what it is. A photo shoot. I have no reason to believe she carries a gun in that manner.  Its a photo shoot to support her beliefs. 
    I have no reason to believe she carries her gun like that, probably uses a pocket holsted or in her purse like almost every other person who legally carried Only people who carry like that are gang bangers.
    I said I think it was a dumb way to express yourself, but I think people are reading too much into it. Its a photo shoot, not her guide on how to carry a concealed weapon. I mean, do you think she walks around with her shirt lifted up too?
    edited April 2018
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.

No one is asking for a free pass. Again, take it for what it is. She's not advocating for carrying a gun like that. its a photo shoot and a photo prop. I just said I dont think this picture deserves all the attention (positive or negative) and to be called reckless and unsafe. Its a photo shoot with a photo prop. It looks extremely uncomfortable, I highly doubt she walks around town like that. And it doesnt seem like she is promoting for people to just shove a gun down their pants. Its a statement and a photo shoot. I have seen thousands of photoshoots with unreal poses, this can;t be the time time anti-gun people have seen an unreal photo shoot. So I don't know why they are acting like it is.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
This discussion has been closed.