The Golf Thread

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Young Jordan coming alive at an Augusta like course. Good god 
    Yep. Solid round today. Peaking at the right time. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489

Awesome birdie on 18 for Poulter on his way to a playoff victory.  Should Hossler have intentional hit a bad putt to avoid giving Poulter the read?  Obviously not but a thought. 

THis thread should stay at the top this week I would suspect.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Poulter is the worst, but that is pretty fucking awesome that he came out and won this week to get into the Masters.  Especially after they told him last week that he was qualified but he was really ranked 51st.  
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    Poulter is the absolute example of english grit. Love him. I wouldn't want to play match play against him whoever i was.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I obviously can't stand Poulter, but that was a pretty bad ass win.  Might have punched a ticket to Paris too.  Screw him.
    MASTERS WEEK
    MASTERS WEEK
    :)
    I obviously can't stand Poulter, but that was a pretty bad ass win.  Might have punched a ticket to Paris too.  Screw him.

Yeah, that was pretty crazy.  Literally the only way he can get in the masters and he goes out and wins a tournament with a pretty strong field.  Impressive stuff.

Yeah, that was pretty crazy.  Literally the only way he can get in the masters and he goes out and wins a tournament with a pretty strong field.  Impressive stuff.
    Dude had never won a stroke play event in the US at that.
    I have no idea who to take in my one and done pool.  So wide open this year.  Debating between DJ and Spieth, but so many people could win.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I have no idea who to take in my one and done pool.  So wide open this year.  Debating between DJ and Spieth, but so many people could win.
    Bubba. Do it Cliff. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    can't wait till this weekend. I'm going to Saturday's round, my first time there since the Monday and Tuesday practice rounds in 04. Now if I can just make it through 4 days of work
    ponytd said:
    can't wait till this weekend. I'm going to Saturday's round, my first time there since the Monday and Tuesday practice rounds in 04. Now if I can just make it through 4 days of work
    That's awesome. This is my bucket list sporting event.  I'll get there someday. 
    Bubba. Do it Cliff. 
    No can do.  Can't pull for that guy this weekend, though it would be fun to have Bubba/Poulter in the mix.  Gotta have some villans
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    Justin rose is playing well and has a great birdie record there!
    A good each way bet
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Justin rose is playing well and has a great birdie record there!
    A good each way bet
    I like Justin Rose a lot this weekend.  Already used him in my pool.
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    ponytd said:
    That's awesome. This is my bucket list sporting event.  I'll get there someday. 
    I got extremely lucky and won them in the lottery. Hopefully you'll get to go. Every golf fan should go if you ever get the chance. television doesn't do that course justice.

Rose is playing pretty well right now. So are Rory and Phil. Would love to see Phil get another green jacket
    Some good golf on the golf channel right now.  8th playoff hole.
    I read an article this morning where Hank Haney was saying that Tiger doesn’t have a shot this week and that the other touring pros think it’s a joke that he’s the favorite. The reason? His inconsistencies with the driver. Haney said he can’t hit irons off every tee at Augusta (obviously), so he’s basically screwed. I agree that he’s going to need to find a way to control his drives to contend, but what wasn’t mentioned was how wide the fairways are at Augusta. It’s a bombers paradise. I agree it’s unlikely and I’d definitely bet against him, but I hope Tiger uses this as fuel and somehow finds a way to prove them wrong. 
    bbiggs said:
    I read an article this morning where Hank Haney was saying that Tiger doesn’t have a shot this week and that the other touring pros think it’s a joke that he’s the favorite. The reason? His inconsistencies with the driver. Haney said he can’t hit irons off every tee at Augusta (obviously), so he’s basically screwed. I agree that he’s going to need to find a way to control his drives to contend, but what wasn’t mentioned was how wide the fairways are at Augusta. It’s a bombers paradise. I agree it’s unlikely and I’d definitely bet against him, but I hope Tiger uses this as fuel and somehow finds a way to prove them wrong. 

The fact that he's the favorite is all due to the betting market.  Everyone loves betting on Tiger so the oddsmakers have adjusted the odds accordingly.  As annoying as Haney is, he's obviously right on that Tiger has no chance if he can't straighten out his drives.
    ^ 100% agreed. 
    bbiggs said:

The fact that he's the favorite is all due to the betting market.  Everyone loves betting on Tiger so the oddsmakers have adjusted the odds accordingly.  As annoying as Haney is, he's obviously right on that Tiger has no chance if he can't straighten out his drives.
    Yeah, Vegas is just covering their ass.  If they had him at what he should probably be at (20 to 30'ish-1?) and he ended up winning, they'd go broke.  Tiger's not winning this week, but I would love to be pleasantly surprised.  I expect him to be in the mix though.
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    No way TW wins..should survive the cut though
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

Dude chipped in for eagle on 2.  Hype is gonna be crazy come Thursday
    Tiger is playing a practice round with Phil tomorrow. Who is this guy?
    Gonna regret this one, but rolling with Jordan in my big pool.  Can't believe I'm moving off DJ, but taking the momentum and history.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Gonna regret this one, but rolling with Jordan in my big pool.  Can't believe I'm moving off DJ, but taking the momentum and history.

Not a bad pick at all. He certainly knows how to make his way around that course and if he can get hot with the putter he could win it.
    bflynn1 said:

Not a bad pick at all. He certainly knows how to make his way around that course and if he can get hot with the putter he could win it.
    Horses for courses. Never worse than 11 there. Getting better at the right time.

Have been saying DJ for a while, but rolling with my gut.
    This is why the Master's is the greatest tournament in the world.

https://deadspin.com/report-dumb-beer-ad-phrase-banned-from-the-masters-1824283395