PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Most likely going to Ireland this summer. Otherwise, I think we may do Seattle 2 and Montana.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Nice.....just saw Matt Gelb joined The Athletic. Couldn't be happier with their content so far. Getting even better too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Nice.....just saw Matt Gelb joined The Athletic. Couldn't be happier with their content so far. Getting even better too.
    Yeah, I heard about this - that's pretty awesome. Love The Athletic so far; huge fan of the 'Birds with Friends' podcast with Sheil Kapadia and Bo Wulf.
    Yeah, I heard about this - that's pretty awesome. Love The Athletic so far; huge fan of the 'Birds with Friends' podcast with Sheil Kapadia and Bo Wulf.
    Kapadia is the best...would be cool if they pried McManus away from espn to form a Birds 24/7 reunion.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Good afternoon,

Hey where did this Jeannette Reyes girl come from? I don't watch a whole lot of local news but she's done a nice job of filling the hot news chick void we've had here since Sheena left town. Hopefully she sticks around.

chinese-happy.jpg

Good afternoon,

Hey where did this Jeannette Reyes girl come from? I don't watch a whole lot of local news but she's done a nice job of filling the hot news chick void we've had here since Sheena left town. Hopefully she sticks around.

Not familiar with her work. Though Meisha Johnson is a looker, and a big fan of that Alex Holley.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711

Good afternoon,

Not familiar with her work. Though Meisha Johnson is a looker, and a big fan of that Alex Holley.
    what channel is she on?  I hardly watch the news i anymore.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited February 2018

Good afternoon,

Channel 6. Here she is.  I like Meisha too

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

Good afternoon,

Which one? Meisha is on Channel 3. I'm assuming everyone knows Alex on Good Day. Semi-related: huge fan of Mike Jerrick.

Good afternoon,

Which one? Meisha is on Channel 3. I'm assuming everyone knows Alex on Good Day. Semi-related: huge fan of Mike Jerrick.
    You're kidding regarding Jerrick, right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Good afternoon,

Ha, love Jerrick. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Good afternoon,

Ha, love Jerrick. 
    Same here. Big fan, HUGE fan.
    Meisha is pretty. She has a lot of positive attributes but there's just something about her face that's off to me.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Meisha is pretty. She has a lot of positive attributes but there's just something about her face that's off to me.
    What are you talking about? The fake nose, the fake cheeks, the fake lips? To each their own, but I'm cool with it.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Jerrick is a treasure
    JK_Livin said:
    What are you talking about? The fake nose, the fake cheeks, the fake lips? To each their own, but I'm cool with it.
    I said she was pretty just not my style.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I dont watch the news since Gump took office but looked up Meisha is on Channel 3....she is one hot robot.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    JK_Livin said:

Good afternoon,

Ha, love Jerrick. 
    Same here. Big fan, HUGE fan.
    is that the guy taht's on fox in the morning with Shenelle (sp?)? if it is i'm not a fan of him either Juggler
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited February 2018
    I dont watch the news since Gump took office but looked up Meisha is on Channel 3....she is one hot robot.

Man I wish I had your will power regarding the news (talking national not local). Can't ever remember consuming more of it. Our democracy is crumbling before our eyes. I can't look away.

GO BIRDS.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I don't miss the news.  I still follow sports and entertainment.  Pissed me off when the political shit invaded sports.  Just too much with that fucking goober Trump being our President.

She is super fake hot though
    WHAT UP

In the lotto for Missoula; looking forward to Glacier National Park this August (barring some bullshit wildfires).
    Powder blues to be worn on Thursday day games this year. I like it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Phillies tickets go on sale Thursday.  Gonna pick up tickets for all three Yanks games off the bat.
    But they're away jerseys, doesn't make sense. I always thought the idea of replacing the gray in their regular away unis with  powder blue for away day games would look pretty sweet.
    But they're away jerseys, doesn't make sense. I always thought the idea of replacing the gray in their regular away unis with  powder blue for away day games would look pretty sweet.

Tell that to the Sixers who wear blue almost every game. I can't stand that stuff. Home should be white.

On a related note---the one negative about the Eagles winning the super bowl is that the kelly green dream, might be over? I know other teams have switched after they won (Broncos and Rams come to mind)--but the midnight green thing is a color the Eagles basically invented after Lurie bought the team. I think it's an ego thing with him to not go back. Hope I'm wrong.

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2018

Tell that to the Sixers who wear blue almost every game. I can't stand that stuff. Home should be white.

On a related note---the one negative about the Eagles winning the super bowl is that the kelly green dream, might be over? I know other teams have switched after they won (Broncos and Rams come to mind)--but the midnight green thing is a color the Eagles basically invented after Lurie bought the team. I think it's an ego thing with him to not go back. Hope I'm wrong.

You're probably right. If there are two uniforms that SCREAM mid-to-late 90's uniforms it's New England's and the Birds (and Carolina's). If the Pats can switch up for the sometimes-used hiking Patriot throwbacks, then hopefully the Kelly Green can come back.

Also, I believe the color scheme and logo were a creation of Lurie's ex-wife and rumor has it it's the only thing(other than the millions and millions of dollars) that Christine Lurie still has somewhat control over. 

But I saw a shit ton of Kelly Green at the parade, plus there were all the he players wearing throwbacks.

But, yeah, I think we're stuck with this garbage.

Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    edited February 2018

You're probably right. If there are two uniforms that SCREAM mid-to-late 90's uniforms it's New England's and the Birds (and Carolina's). If the Pats can switch up for the sometimes-used hiking Patriot throwbacks, then hopefully the Kelly Green can come back.

Also, I believe the color scheme and logo were a creation of Lurie's ex-wife and rumor has it it's the only thing(other than the millions and millions of dollars) that Christine Lurie still has somewhat control over. 

But I saw a shit ton of Kelly Green at the parade, plus there were all the he players wearing throwbacks.

But, yeah, I think we're stuck with this garbage.

Yup. I just hate seeing all the official SB Champs gear in black. Franchise has been around for 80 some years and only the last 20+ have featured black.....plus nobody seems to get midnight green correct. It either looks teal or some really dark version.

chinese-happy.jpg

Yup. I just hate seeing all the official SB Champs gear in black. Franchise has been around for 80 some years and only the last 20+ have featured black.....plus nobody seems to get midnight green correct. It either looks teal or some really dark version.

You're telling me. I dropped $150 on shit on the Eagles website and I'm pretty sure none of it is in kelly or midnight green.

Semi-related - got my notice of getting GA tix for the Montana show. Super pumped.
    Sweet.  Doing Seattle shows, Missoula, and Fenway 1.
    F Chicago.  :0

Sweet.  Doing Seattle shows, Missoula, and Fenway 1.
    F Chicago.  :0

Wowwww. Good for you. Was thinking about Seattle as well, but that much traveling with an 11 month old doesn't sound too appealing, and I think the wife would divorce me once we were home.

Looking forward to getting to Montana for more than just the show as well, looks absolutely beautiful.