Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    My strategy is to make my choices at the last minute so when they start picking numbers my ping pong ball will be at the top. 
    You doing both Fenway’s again?  Same hotel abs in 2016?
    Just going for night 1... kids start school on Thursday so we want to be back by Tuesday. I got a two room suite at the same hotel in Cambridge for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.  Good breakfast there too =)

You doing Chicago again?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    My strategy is to make my choices at the last minute so when they start picking numbers my ping pong ball will be at the top. 
    Just going for night 1... kids start school on Thursday so we want to be back by Tuesday. I got a two room suite at the same hotel in Cambridge for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.  Good breakfast there too =)

You doing Chicago again?
    Yeah trying for wrigley 2. I have never seen them in Chicago so I am extra pumped!  I just tried selling Fenway to my wife and I got shot down bad! Lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Still following this thread and waiting anxiously for the lottery this week. I am learning alot so thankful for all the posts. One question I now have as this is my first lottery...i am only able to make it to wrigley 1 IF I were to get tickets that is.  This would be my first pj concert ever so would love to be in GA but don't want to mess up and get nothing  by making wrong choices. Looks like there are 4 choices? Since I can only attend the 1 show i had planned on doing ga 1 and reserved 2 for wrigley 1. But what about the other 2 choices? Should I do 1 and 2 ga and 3 and 4 reserved? Sorry if it's stupid just still trying to understand. Thank you!
    There are 4 choices for 2 shows at Wrigley. You only have 2 options since you are going to 1 show. GA and reserved. Put GA as pick 1 and reserved as pick 2 and you should be guaranteed your reserved unless the odds do some incredible drops.

Unless they do as they did in 2013 which I doubt they will do. They had more than 1 reserved option for further back seats. 
    Perfect..that makes sense. I wish I could have an option for both but no way with travel for work the very next day..:(
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:

You doing Chicago again?
    Yeah trying for wrigley 2. I have never seen them in Chicago so I am extra pumped!  I just tried selling Fenway to my wife and I got shot down bad! Lol

Never seen a show in Chicago, eh?  Very exciting to see a show in a new town.  I'm just doing Missoula this go around.  Will be weird to skip Chicago (only shows I've missed in Chicago since my first show in 1998 there was Lolla 2007 and night 2 of 2016).   

I think my days of traveling just for PJ shows in the USA are over.   The city will have to be a place I want to visit and spend time in as well.  Even if Chicago is 2 hours away and have family there. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:

You doing Chicago again?

Never seen a show in Chicago, eh?  Very exciting to see a show in a new town.  I'm just doing Missoula this go around.  Will be weird to skip Chicago (only shows I've missed in Chicago since my first show in 1998 there was Lolla 2007 and night 2 of 2016).   

I think my days of traveling just for PJ shows in the USA are over.   The city will have to be a place I want to visit and spend time in as well.  Even if Chicago is 2 hours away and have family there. 

Yeah I ve never seen them in Chicago so I  extra excited. My wife has never been to Illinois so we are heading there for two nights. 
    Looking forward to good food and pizza!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521
    edited February 2018
    Looking forward to finally meeting the legend @mcgruff10
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    Wanted to throw my scenario in the mix and get feedback if possible. I plan on going to Safeco 2 and Wrigley 2. For Safeco, I just want to be in the building. For Wrigley 2, would love GA but, again, still want to be in attendance. So, with that, I plan on the following:

1) Wrigley 2 - GA
    2) Safeco 1 - Reserved
    3) Wrigley 2 - Reserved

I think I'm set with this order...but would hate to miss out on Wrigley 2 altogether since reserved is my 3rd choice. Just trying to cover all of my bases, so to speak.
    You will end up with no tickets 
    We'll have to wait on the odds, but the 10C said they thought they could accommodate almost all requests so I think the reserved seating will last a little longer.

I’m interested to see how true this is and where the extra tickets are being allocated (more lower or the first few rows of every upper section). I think especially for Fenway, there’s going to be a lot more ticket requests than 2016 because these are their first and only east coast shows since 2016.  So between new members since those dates and all the people who passed on Fenway back then because they hit Philly or NYC or another east coast date, it’ll be interesting IMO.

Very true. Also fans wanting Fenway may have only one category for each Boston show since likely there is no ga. For the other shows with ga, first selections each will be split into multiple categories rez + ga.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:

You doing Chicago again?
    Scruffy...

Come on, man. It's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    100 Pacer said:
    You hitting up both  wrigley shows?
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:

You doing Chicago again?
    Scruffy...

Del I have already been divorced once. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:

You doing Chicago again?
    Scruffy...

Okay. Noted lol.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:

You doing Chicago again?
    Scruffy...

Wise man right there.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:

You doing Chicago again?
    No brainer then... you gotta cross seeing them at Wrigley off the bucket list!

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521
    mcgruff10 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    You hitting up both  wrigley shows?
    Just Wrigley #1
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    I'm still torn on my Seattle options.   Both myself and my wife have memberships.  Mine is way older than hers, and it sounds like reserves will be aplenty.

I'm thinking of having her go GA1

Then I go Ga2,Reserved 2, Reserved 1

If she doesn't get GA from night 1, then my reserveds would be way better than hers, but if we end up with a spare pair of tickets.. ugh
  • Options
    I was thinking I would just do reserved for Wrigley 1 because my friend is like 5'2 and I don't know how well that would work in GA. I talked to her and she said she's ok with GA. I may put in for GA as my first choice and reserved as my second. I don't mind hanging out toward the back of GA as long as she can see the screens at the least
    Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    edited February 2018
    My buddy and I are doing both Wrigley shows.  I'm gonna apply for Night 1 GA and Reserved.  He's doing the same thing for Night 2.  Hopefully we both score GA.  If not, reserved will be just fine. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    I understand the odds will help (a lot), but for folks who are planning on doing Wrigley (both shows) and Fenway (both shows), what are you thinking in terms of strategy?
    Severed Hand
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    edited February 2018
    I understand the odds will help (a lot), but for folks who are planning on doing Wrigley (both shows) and Fenway (both shows), what are you thinking in terms of strategy?
    I'm going for Fenway 1 as my Primary, my partner has a high number so I'm thinking he will put in for Wrigley 1 GA and Wrigley 2 GA.  I'm also trying for Seattle and they will be my 2nd and 3rd pick.  I can't do Fenway 2 and it seems a lot of people can't b/c of school starting. My hubby is a seasonal worker and he starts work that day.  If I were you I would pick Fenway 2 last! Of course this all depends on the odds so it's just a work in progress to figure out what show gets placed where!!!
    I have to look at dates again but I'm guessing week nights will have better odds?  :lol:
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    I would like to see Pearl Jam in Seattle, just seems kinda fitting. However with travel, I will try for Chicago, either date, since I can drive to Chicago. My plan is just get me in the door, along with the wife. This is my first post and just recently joined the fan club.
    Wrigley 8/18/18
    Wrigley 8/20/18
    Fenway 9/2/2018
    Fenway 9/4/2018

• Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    Going for both Fenway and maybe one Chicago GA.  I'm thinking Fenway 1, Chicago GA, Fenway 2. I don't know
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    jdopj said:
    varty yo said:
    So whats the odds of getting reserved for both seattle shows? I have a decent # 197XXX and am planning on goin to both shows. I have no interest in GA for either. Can you put reserved for all choices?
    Yes absolutely. Odds are usually better. Just order them this way:
    1. Sea 2 Reserved
    2. Sea 1 Reserved

Same. I'm going all reserved but I want to add Missoula into the mix.

Would I put it as first priority - then Seattle 2, Seattle 1...?

• Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    Jbarker said:
    jdopj said:
    varty yo said:
    So whats the odds of getting reserved for both seattle shows? I have a decent # 197XXX and am planning on goin to both shows. I have no interest in GA for either. Can you put reserved for all choices?
    Yes absolutely. Odds are usually better. Just order them this way:
    1. Sea 2 Reserved
    2. Sea 1 Reserved

Same. I'm going all reserved but I want to add Missoula into the mix.

Would I put it as first priority - then Seattle 2, Seattle 1...?

I think I would put Missoula 3rd.

• Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    I'm going to do both Chicago shows (reserved) as my #1 and #2.  May as well try for Boston #1 or Missoula (reserved) as #3
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Olds44272 said:
    I would like to see Pearl Jam in Seattle, just seems kinda fitting. However with travel, I will try for Chicago, either date, since I can drive to Chicago. My plan is just get me in the door, along with the wife. This is my first post and just recently joined the fan club.
    Welcome to the club!
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Can’t wait to see those odds tomorrow all start at 99% and then slowly trickle south as we all begin to increase our anxiety levels! Going to be a long few days. 
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    At which of the two Seattle shows do you think they're more likely to play Release? The answer will be my number 1 choice.
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    This has been a very helpful thread! Thanks everyone for your input!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Good luck everybody! I hope everyone goes for what they want, and has a great time in August and September.

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Going to go to Fenway this year for both. What you guys think if I put my picks 1st choice - Nightb1 and was going to Night2 as my 2nd choice....both reserved. I know it's a lottery, but think chances of getting reserved both nights good?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2