Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    JojoRice said:
    My friend and I are splitting up our picks for Wrigley......
    Ive got:  Wrigley 1 GA, Wrigley 1 Reserved, Wrigley 2 GA
    He's got: Wrigley 2 GA, Wrigley 2 Reserved, Wrigley 1 GA

Same
  • Options
    wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    jdopj said:
    PJNB said:
    For those wondering 2016 had these odds as final numbers. GA is going to be lower this time by the looks of it. 
    Fenway
    Night #1 at 44% 
    Night #2 at 47% 

Wrigley
    Night 1:
    Reserved: 53%
    GA Standing: 24%

Night 2:
    Reserved: 69%
    GA Standing: 30%
    Keep in mind they are saying they have a lot of tickets this time around which should increase the reserved odds
    There wont bee as many people putting in for shows that they are not attending because it will be harder to sell/trade tickets and they will have to eat the price.  Get stuck with one extra set and you might as well buy on stub hub.
    If past changes or rules are any indication. A lot of people are going to mis or ignore this and come on here or Facebook on the 12th crying or asking for a work around. Hope you are right but with reserved staying as strong as it is I expect a lot of people are going to be eating tickets if they win GA. 
    If you win GA you won't have the reserve tickets to eat.  Its the extra accounts and tickets to shows that you don't go to but used to trade or sell that will get sketchy.  At Fenway, at least, My tickets were checked every time I left and returned to my seats. Better have access to both tickets. 
    I am saying if you and your ticket buddy wins a combo of GA and reserved. Also if I go with my wife my ticket will be tied to her phone as a pair. If I get up to go the merch or the bathroom I will not have my ticket on me. There is no way they can enforce this imo.
    100% agreed. Once you’re in, you’re in. 
    Actually, yes, they can enforce it. 

They have to check tix for seat locations at each section. Otherwise you’d have hundreds of people trying to seat hop around the place and telling the ushers that ‘no I swear, this is my seat, I just don’t have my ticket on me.’ They’ll tell you that you’re shit out of luck. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    jdopj said:
    PJNB said:
    For those wondering 2016 had these odds as final numbers. GA is going to be lower this time by the looks of it. 
    Fenway
    Night #1 at 44% 
    Night #2 at 47% 

Wrigley
    Night 1:

Night 2:
    Keep in mind they are saying they have a lot of tickets this time around which should increase the reserved odds
    There wont bee as many people putting in for shows that they are not attending because it will be harder to sell/trade tickets and they will have to eat the price.  Get stuck with one extra set and you might as well buy on stub hub.
    If past changes or rules are any indication. A lot of people are going to mis or ignore this and come on here or Facebook on the 12th crying or asking for a work around. Hope you are right but with reserved staying as strong as it is I expect a lot of people are going to be eating tickets if they win GA. 
    If you win GA you won't have the reserve tickets to eat.  Its the extra accounts and tickets to shows that you don't go to but used to trade or sell that will get sketchy.  At Fenway, at least, My tickets were checked every time I left and returned to my seats. Better have access to both tickets. 
    I am saying if you and your ticket buddy wins a combo of GA and reserved. Also if I go with my wife my ticket will be tied to her phone as a pair. If I get up to go the merch or the bathroom I will not have my ticket on me. There is no way they can enforce this imo.

They have to check tix for seat locations at each section. Otherwise you’d have hundreds of people trying to seat hop around the place and telling the ushers that ‘no I swear, this is my seat, I just don’t have my ticket on me.’ They’ll tell you that you’re shit out of luck. 
    I know they can. They typically don’t, at least after the first check. I had prime seats at Wrigley in 16 and didn’t pull out my ticket once. 
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    My pics are Wrigley Night 1 GA, Night 2 GA, Night 2 Res, Night 1 Res. This will be my first time to see them live, I have a real high number would y'all recommend me start thinking about changing my first 2 pics to reserved? I want to make sure I'm in the building but would really be on the field.
    You won’t win GA with your second pick so you’re really hurting your third pick. 
    So then I may need to change to Night 1 GA, Night 2 Res, Night 1 Res, Night 2 GA?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    jdopj said:
    PJNB said:
    Fenway
    Night #1 at 44% 
    Night #2 at 47% 

Wrigley
    Night 1:

Night 2:

I know they can. They typically don’t, at least after the first check. I had prime seats at Wrigley in 16 and didn’t pull out my ticket once. 
    Most venues that I’ve been to are pretty strict about ticket seat location checks. At least in the last 15-20 years anyway. Used to be able to seat hop almost anywhere back in the good ol’ days. 

I can say with 100% certainty that Fenway will DEFINITELY be checking tix at every entrance for every section and in intervals along the main aisles of the field.
    Post edited by wobbler_kitty on
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    jdopj said:
    PJNB said:
    Fenway
    Night #1 at 44% 
    Night #2 at 47% 

Wrigley
    Night 1:

Night 2:
    Seems to me it’s even easier to sell than before since you can transfer your tickets to someone else months before. Before you at least had to pick up tickets day of event. I guarantee people will be selling their extras for over face to fund their trips. I even think for scalpers it’s ok eating the price of the one ticket they can’t sell if they know they can sell Ga for 800. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    wobbler_kitty said:
    Most venues that I’ve been to are pretty strict about ticket seat location checks. At least in the last 15-20 years anyway. Used to be able to seat hop almost anywhere back in the good ol’ days. 

I can say with 100% certainty that Fenway will DEFINITELY be checking tix at every entrance for every section and in intervals along the main aisles of the field.
    I don’t disagree with this for the most part. I do feel that after the show, game, etc. starts it can get more lax.  The real issue here goes back to the situation where my wife has both of our tix on her phone. I run to grab a beer. I don’t take her phone with me. What are they going to do? Deny me entry to my seat? If so, there was a serious miss when they thought up the new ticket system. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Tickets.com here though. That site sucks so bad. Waiting room plus even when you get through you glitch out putting your info in. I am happy verified fan is an option and better then before but Tickets.com is brutal! People getting in through the back door too and not waiting in line. Fuck that! 10 club shitty balcony seats for me if it is a guarantee. 
    For 2016, I had one laptop at work in a waiting room for about 30 minutes before sale time. I logged into another right at time and it skipped the waiting room straight to the purchase page. Those waiting rooms were a joke.

I know for Fall Out Boy, tickets.com didn't even do them. They just waited until about 5 minutes before sale time and posted the link. It just told you nothing was available until 10AM. 
    Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2018
    PJNB said:
    jmug23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Fenway
    Night #1 at 44% 
    Night #2 at 47% 

Wrigley
    Night 1:

Night 2:
    I must be remembering the 2013 east coast swing where Ga odds were under 20% in some of the northeast cities. I think even single digits for a couple shows. Those are definitely tough tickets to get. I feel for you north eastern folk:)
    2016 I would imagine. 2013 did not show the odds yet

Good info, thanks for posting.

This shows NYers are SOL. Even with 2 shows, odds way lower for msg than anywhere else

This also confirms my memory, Despite popular belief, PJ did not do a 2016 arena tour in the NE. Philly, NY. That was it .

NYC really needs a residency. Year after year, no city matches the amount of fans in the NY Metro
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    wobbler_kitty said:

I don’t disagree with this for the most part. I do feel that after the show, game, etc. starts it can get more lax.  The real issue here goes back to the situation where my wife has both of our tix on her phone. I run to grab a beer. I don’t take her phone with me. What are they going to do? Deny me entry to my seat? If so, there was a serious miss when they thought up the new ticket system. 
    Why wouldn’t you just transfer the plus 1 ticket to your phone?
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    bbiggs said:
    wobbler_kitty said:

At that point your in the stadium. They dont scan your tickets at the aisle. A texted screenshot would work at that point
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2018
    bbiggs said:
    wobbler_kitty said:

At that point your in the stadium. They dont scan your tickets at the aisle. A texted screenshot would work at that point
    If it's an empty seat, sure it will work. If many people are crowding the same seat, the one with the fake risks getting tossed from the park. Real tickets will likely be animated.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    ComeToTX said:
    My pics are Wrigley Night 1 GA, Night 2 GA, Night 2 Res, Night 1 Res. This will be my first time to see them live, I have a real high number would y'all recommend me start thinking about changing my first 2 pics to reserved? I want to make sure I'm in the building but would really be on the field.
    You won’t win GA with your second pick so you’re really hurting your third pick. 
    If the odds for seats stay high why would it hurt the third pick?  Isn't it pretty much "almost the same" and at least your throwing your hat in for GA? I thought a 99% shot was pretty good even for pick 6. I'm not thinking it will stay that high, I'm just using it as an example :-)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    There are alot of posts in this thread so sorry if this is a repeat. If what I am seeing is correct there seems to be mixed reviews on the reserved seats thru 10 club high numbers vs trying verified fan. I am only trying for wrigley 1 ga first pick and wrigley 1 reserved second. With the odds looking iffy for ga what are thoughts on the reserved second vs trying to get seats thru verified fan. In anyone's opinion which would be better seats?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    There are alot of posts in this thread so sorry if this is a repeat. If what I am seeing is correct there seems to be mixed reviews on the reserved seats thru 10 club high numbers vs trying verified fan. I am only trying for wrigley 1 ga first pick and wrigley 1 reserved second. With the odds looking iffy for ga what are thoughts on the reserved second vs trying to get seats thru verified fan. In anyone's opinion which would be better seats?
    I would rather have a Ten Club seat than no seat!  
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    If the odds for seats stay high why would it hurt the third pick?  Isn't it pretty much "almost the same" and at least your throwing your hat in for GA? I thought a 99% shot was pretty good even for pick 6. I'm not thinking it will stay that high, I'm just using it as an example :-)
    this was my thinking
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    ComeToTX said:
    So then I may need to change to Night 1 GA, Night 2 Res, Night 1 Res, Night 2 GA?

Reserved seating odds have not budged for any one show. I say why not try for GA with your first 2 picks? Some people won GA with both of their first 2 picks in 2016. If that doesn't happen, you should still get reserved at picks 3 and 4.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    edited February 2018
    So I'm wondering, Wrigley 1 Reserved is the most important one for me to get because my dad is coming along for that one. I'm going solo night 2 and am trying for GA, because of the odds for both should I make the GA my #1 choice? It appears that as it is now, if I make night 1 reserved as my second choice I would still easily get it.

Also, I really want GA for night 2, I've never been in GA for PJ but I loved it for other bands. So should I just not put in for night 2 reserved? Because if I win that instead, I have to be reserved no matter if I get anything in the verified fan presale or not. I feel like getting just 1 GA ticket in the verified fan presale wouldn't be too difficult. But then again, I have no idea how many tickets are going in the lottery, there might only be a few GA tickets for the other sales.

Idk

Edit: also, if anyone else going solo to night 2 wants to buddy up for GA to increase our chances of getting tickets, that would be awesome as well
    Post edited by ehbacon on
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Roswellite14Roswellite14 Roswell, New Mexico Posts: 30
    So, my friend and I want to go to both Wrigley shows. We would prefer GA both nights however, if we have to sit in the stands we'll deal with it. I'm thinking our selections would be best like this. Any pointers to increase our chances?
    Me:
    Wrigley 1 GA
    Wrigley 2 GA
    Wrigley 1 Reserved
    Wrigley 2 Reserved.

Her:
    Wrigley 2 GA
    Wrigley 1 GA
    Wrigley 2 Reserved
    Wrigley 1 Reserved.

Of course, if we both get chosen for the same show, that would suck.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    jdopj said:
    PJNB said:
    Fenway
    Night #1 at 44% 
    Night #2 at 47% 

Wrigley
    Night 1:

Night 2:
    You can transfer the extra ticket to the other phone.  You are taking a chance because it is some power hungry dude with a flashlight deciding if you can get in without showing your ticket.  Not 10 Club
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    ehbacon said:
    So I'm wondering, Wrigley 1 Reserved is the most important one for me to get because my dad is coming along for that one. I'm going solo night 2 and am trying for GA, because of the odds for both should I make the GA my #1 choice? It appears that as it is now, if I make night 1 reserved as my second choice I would still easily get it.

Also, I really want GA for night 2, I've never been in GA for PJ but I loved it for other bands. So should I just not put in for night 2 reserved? Because if I win that instead, I have to be reserved no matter if I get anything in the verified fan presale or not. I feel like getting just 1 GA ticket in the verified fan presale wouldn't be too difficult. But then again, I have no idea how many tickets are going in the lottery, there might only be a few GA tickets for the other sales.

Idk

Edit: also, if anyone else going solo to night 2 wants to buddy up for GA to increase our chances of getting tickets, that would be awesome as well
    I don't think GA tickets will be available in the Ticketmaster Verified Fan presale.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    ehbacon said:

Idk

GA tickets will not be available in the verified fan sale. 10C hold all GA tickets
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

Idk

I wouldn't screw around with Night 1.  I tried similar strategy in '16 went GA night 2 1st choice, night 1 Res 2nd choice. Got Night 2, struck out on night 1.  Odds should be better this year with the additional stadium shows, but would hate to rely on TM fan sale or 3rd party for Night 1, especially with your dad coming and all.  I may be a solo night 2, can stay in touch.
  • Options
    Since odds of GA Chicago 2 with my 3rd choice are nil, but I REALLY want to ensure I make it to Night one....  I switched to N1 GA / N1 RES / N2 RES / N2 GA.

Logic: I know N2 GA with 4th choice will never ever ever happen, so I'm all in on N1 GA, while hoping for at least N1 RES as fallback and maybe get lucky with N2 RES with 3rd choice. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    3days said:
    ComeToTX said:

Reserved seating odds have not budged for any one show. I say why not try for GA with your first 2 picks? Some people won GA with both of their first 2 picks in 2016. If that doesn't happen, you should still get reserved at picks 3 and 4.
    That's what I am wondering...if Reserve Seating just so happens to stay at 99% wouldn't that virtually guarantee that you get some kind of tickets no matter what? In other words, put in picks #1 and #2 for GA and then #3 and #4 for Reserved?
  • Options
    What do you think will be (financially) worse: Eating the second ticket of my pair of tickets (good chance I'm going solo) or buying a single ticket from Stub Hub?
  • Options
    pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    edited February 2018
    rummy said:
    What do you think will be (financially) worse: Eating the second ticket of my pair of tickets (good chance I'm going solo) or buying a single ticket from Stub Hub?
    well if the FV is about $100, at least stubhub will charge $200
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    rummy said:
    It does get pretty bad on there (Stub Hub), doesn't it? I suppose that there's a decent chance, also, that someone might take my extra ticket off my hands. Hey, maybe I'll make a new friend!
  • Options
    rummy said:
    And you'll easily be able to sell your second ticket.
  • Options
    JV275432JV275432 Posts: 137
    The 2013 NYC shows were Barclays (not MSG). I haven't signed up (yet), but was thinking of doing 1: SEA 2 GA, 2: SEA 1 GA, 3: BOS 1, 4: BOS 2. My number is high so I'll get crappy seats. (I did managed to get those seats that were in the first 1-2 rows of the B field sections for the 8/5/16 show at Fenway).

With Fenway @ 99%, I think it's pretty much guaranteed most will get those.