So if you don't own a smart phone.......

you can't get in the door with 10 club tickets? Am I reading that right?  I may be the only one out there, but I don't have a smart phone.  Also, no physical ticket is just lame!! I collect those!

Comments

• Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Time to get one!
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    You are not alone.  @Sea can you answer this one?
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    It sure seems that way. When Bruce used this for the River tour I believe the credit card you purchased with was used as your ticket.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Looks like you have six months to get one.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    Man, I have to believe there is going to be some plan for these cases. If I didn't have a smart phone, I might be a little nervous too. But I bet they'll do whatever they can to minimize the number of folks requesting hard tickets "just because". It's a smart move, but I can't say I'm in favor of it. Might've been good to roll out an e-ticket option before going fully digital. Hope it all goes well, I will enjoy not having one more thing in my pocket to lose. For those souvenir hounds, not all shows have had pretty tickets, so take a screenshot of your e-ticket and get some nice cardstock and have it printed anyway ;)

Good luck to all, smartphone holders and tech dissidents alike!
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492
    i'm hoping they have hard tickets to grab as you leave the show (i think i did this with TOTD, not sure). just because i like having the actual ticket to a show i've been to. either way, psyched for my first euro and seattle shows!
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • mckaymckay Posts: 156
    i'm hoping they have hard tickets to grab as you leave the show (i think i did this with TOTD, not sure). just because i like having the actual ticket to a show i've been to. either way, psyched for my first euro and seattle shows!
    I agree...I hope there's a hard copy 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Representing BlackBerry here!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I'd like that as well.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Get a Tracphone plan. Pre-paid minutes/data/texts. They even have a free phone or two to choose from. If you get it now and just use it for tickets, it won't really cost you much.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,808
    you can't get in the door with 10 club tickets? Am I reading that right?  I may be the only one out there, but I don't have a smart phone.  Also, no physical ticket is just lame!! I collect those!
    You cant get in with 10c tickets without iphone or android 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2018
    This is inconvenient. But 10 years after the iPhone was released, this must be a minuscule problem.

Borrow someones smartphone on that day? Or buy a cheap one? Or take the leap and start using one instead of an old phone?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    I dont like that I cannot put the ticket in the collection.  Guess I can print a screen shot of it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Atleast We can still collect the wristbands for GA though
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    I don't have a smartphone but sporadic, spaced out, nowhere near me stadium shows suck anyway, so I don't care. However, if this is the policy going forward...
  • i don't have a smart phone. this new policy is bad. they should have gone paperless(credit card entry)
  • jaboodeyjaboodey Rochester, NH Posts: 90
    Same Non-Smart phone user/owner. Will have to look into Tracphone to see if they have iphones, etc....I wonder if when we register for ticket draw, if we have to have a smartphone number ready to go?
    Rochester NY '94, E Rutherford NJ '98, MSG '98
    Jones Beach 2000, Mansfield 03, Camden 03, Hershey 03
    Boston VFC 04, Halifax 05
    Hartford 06, Boston 06, E Rutherford 06
    Mansfield I & II 08, Philly Spectrum -Halloween 09! Hartford '10
    Eddie -Boston 6/16/11, Worcester 2013, Amsterdam 6/16/14,
    Quebec City '16, Ottowa '16, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2016
    London 1 2018, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2018
    Got Id?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2018
    This may be one of many signs that people are just going to have to get smartphones if they want to participate in things and get shit done easily. I seriously doubt this will be the last time non-smartphone users are going to be confronted with this issue moving forward. A lot of companies seem to finally be moving forward with services that require smartphones. I notice that the first cashier-free grocery stores are opening now, where you just scan your smartphone on your way into the store, and then simply take everything you need and walk out, with the charges going straight out of your account - it's all monitored electronically. I suspect all major grocery stores will eventually go this route, and the change will probably be somewhat faster than most expect. I also think that most or all major music venues will require smartphone scanning long before we've all lost interest in attending shows.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Will you have to somehow be "online" for it to work?

If Im going from Sweden I'm having my phone on "flightmode" unless I'm on the Hotel/McD Wi-fi...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Here's the response I received.  

No problem. If you end up getting tickets through the pre-sale just shoot us an email explaining you don't have a smart phone and we'll get you sorted.
  • Here's the response I received.  

No problem. If you end up getting tickets through the pre-sale just shoot us an email explaining you don't have a smart phone and we'll get you sorted.
    Nice, I emailed as well but haven't heard anything yet.  I wonder what that means exactly but sounds like there will be ways to get by.  
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Here's the response I received.  

Nice, I emailed as well but haven't heard anything yet.  I wonder what that means exactly but sounds like there will be ways to get by.  
    I predict it will be a huge headache for them and all of sudden thousands of people will not have a cell phone...
    edited January 2018
    Will you have to somehow be "online" for it to work?

If Im going from Sweden I'm having my phone on "flightmode" unless I'm on the Hotel/McD Wi-fi...
    Well there is free wifi at Mariners games, so I'm thinking that they will provide it for this, since it does sound like people will need connectivity to enter. Worse comes to worse, you'll just need to pay for a roaming package.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJNB said:

I predict it will be a huge headache for them and all of sudden thousands of people will not have a cell phone...
    Maybe. There are a lot of people who want a hardcopy ticket, and maybe this is the way to get one, lol.
  • Count me as another who does not have a smart phone and while I recognize I may eventually be forced to I am not going to be pushed into it for concert tickets. 
  • What's the reasoning for the no hard ticket stance? Environmental? You force say even a handful of fans to buy phones and right there you have harmed the environment way more 50,000 pieces of paper being printed. The amount of fossil fuels and other damaging environmental ingredients like the precious metals that go into making a phone surpass anything that printing out some tickets would. Not to mention we don't even know what the effects of the radiation are and probably won't for a generation.

Hey I own one, and sorry for the rant but it's just obnoxious that the expectation is we all need one. There are a lot of times I wish I didn't have one and I'm honestly envious of those who live happily without them.

06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    I have season tickets for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This season they instituted the mobile ticket only policy. Anyone I transferred tickets to who did not have a smartphone were able to contact the box office and pick up hard tickets at will call day of the game. I assume a similar option would be available for these shows.

The reason against the hard tickets and mobile only were explained to me as 1) It lets them track if you are using the tickets yourself or possibly reselling them and 2) it cuts down on the copies of the print at home tickets people were getting from StubHub, where someone would make multiple ticket copies and rip people off.
  • What's the reasoning for the no hard ticket stance? Environmental? You force say even a handful of fans to buy phones and right there you have harmed the environment way more 50,000 pieces of paper being printed. The amount of fossil fuels and other damaging environmental ingredients like the precious metals that go into making a phone surpass anything that printing out some tickets would. Not to mention we don't even know what the effects of the radiation are and probably won't for a generation.

Hey I own one, and sorry for the rant but it's just obnoxious that the expectation is we all need one. There are a lot of times I wish I didn't have one and I'm honestly envious of those who live happily without them.

A good post right there.  I won't get into my own personal rant about them, but  it is along the lines you mentioned, plus the cost of the actual phone that is designed to crap out or go obsolete within a couple years and end up in a landfill is absurd.  

What's the reasoning for the no hard ticket stance? Environmental? You force say even a handful of fans to buy phones and right there you have harmed the environment way more 50,000 pieces of paper being printed. The amount of fossil fuels and other damaging environmental ingredients like the precious metals that go into making a phone surpass anything that printing out some tickets would. Not to mention we don't even know what the effects of the radiation are and probably won't for a generation.

It's to stop scalpers, not for the environment.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:

Just get a smart phone you cheap ass!  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......