Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• RS151862 said:
    His first post rehab/divorce album will be the defining album of the next decade. 
    That it will. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited December 2017
    [Quote deleted by Admin] Unless you're looking for the mods to scold you, I'd pull the altered tweets.
    Post edited by Sea on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    edited December 2017
    [Quote deleted by Admin] i've always felt like the Donald and I have some deep connection.  
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Ed's wife going all in on Josh on Instagram.  Yikes

for clarity......she commented on the photographer's post
    You actually follow her?

Hell no.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    RS151862 said:
    His first post rehab/divorce album will be the defining album of the next decade. 
    already have like clockwork......
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I was at the show this past Saturday.  It was clear that Josh didn't want to be there.  It was a radio station holiday concert.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2017
    I hope he pulls his shit together before I see them in January. :confounded:

I am glad to come here and see the level-headed responses to this incident btw. Facebook is mostly a cesspool, and it was no different when it came to this news. I don't know about the rest of you, but IMO the video shows that Josh was acting like a fucking idiot and meant to kick the camera, but it also shows me that he had no intent to actually hurt the woman (why would he??). It seems like it didn't occur to him that kicking at the camera might cause it to hurt the woman's face (I don't think he was even aware that it did at the time - he wasn't even looking at the results as far as I can tell). Obviously that the woman's face got hurt was 100% his fault, but that and having malicious intent to hurt her are two very different things. It appears that most people are refusing to acknowledge this difference. I even saw some calling him a woman beater. And god forbid I try to say that it was really stupid and his behaviour was unacceptable, but he didn't seem to actually set out to hurt the woman, and I think his apology is sincere .... Me saying that apparently equates to me saying that all of the men who have been accused of sexual assault lately also didn't have intent. :lol: I kind of feel like everyone has gone insane online lately, with all this mob mentality masquerading as moral self-righteousness. It's nice to be able to at least come here and find some common sense.

As for Josh Homme.... He seems to be struggling with some issues right now (and in other news, water is wet). Perhaps he needs to go to rehab immediately. Kicking at cameras is stupid a-hole shit, and then cutting his own face?! What the fuck?? His fans don't want to see that shit. His band mates must be very concerned.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The opening show of the tour in Portchester he was sober.  Seeing them again at MSG a few months later he was inebriated and said as much.

I've read other reviews of shows on here that stated he was lit playing the show too.
    PJ_Soul said:

I am glad to come here and see the level-headed responses to this incident btw. Facebook is mostly a cesspool, and it was no different when it came to this news. I don't know about the rest of you, but IMO the video shows that Josh was acting like a fucking idiot and meant to kick the camera, but it also shows me that he had no intent to actually hurt the woman (why would he??). It seems like it didn't occur to him that kicking at the camera might cause it to hurt the woman's face (I don't think he was even aware that it did at the time - he wasn't even looking at the results as far as I can tell). Obviously that the woman's face got hurt was 100% his fault, but that and having malicious intent to hurt her are two very different things. It appears that most people are refusing to acknowledge this difference. I even saw some calling him a woman beater. And god forbid I try to say that it was really stupid and his behaviour was unacceptable, but he didn't seem to actually set out to hurt the woman, and I think his apology is sincere .... Me saying that apparently equates to me saying that all of the men who have been accused of sexual assault lately also didn't have intent. :lol: I kind of feel like everyone has gone insane online lately, with all this mob mentality masquerading as moral self-righteousness. It's nice to be able to at least come here and find some common sense.

As for Josh Homme.... He seems to be struggling with some issues right now (and in other news, water is wet). Perhaps he needs to go to rehab immediately. Kicking at cameras is stupid a-hole shit, and then cutting his own face?! What the fuck?? His fans don't want to see that shit. His band mates must be very concerned.
    he needs to appreciate what he has.  i don't think this is the first incident of this type
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Ed's wife going all in on Josh on Instagram.  Yikes

Appears to have been deleted.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    ROCK N ROLL PEOPLE
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    ROCK N ROLL PEOPLE
    I don't think the rock artists of today can get away with what the rock artists of yesterday could....
    dankind said:
    Ed's wife going all in on Josh on Instagram.  Yikes

Appears to have been deleted.
    That's good. I knew that was a mistake the second I saw it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

he needs to appreciate what he has.  i don't think this is the first incident of this type
    Yeah, that or he needs to stop drinking. I'm not sure if he ever acts like that when he's sober.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    well at least this time the apology seemed more sincere
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPVP3wy-egI

Is he being sincere? No one knows.
    Image result for i see what you did there meme
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    edited December 2017
    Please do not create fake tweets. See the Posting Guidelines and TOS.
    Thank you

Post edited by Sea on
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    well at least this time the apology seemed more sincere
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPVP3wy-egI

Is he being sincere? No one knows.
    Image result for i see what you did there meme
    hehehe
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I'd hate to have been that photographer. 
    Nothing worse than copping a leg of lamb.
    I hope her tension head disappears soon and she realises that she lost her headache. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Yeah, that video doesn't make it look like had any malice or intention to hurt anyone.  Just a stupid thing kicking a camera.  Should know better.
    Yeah, that video doesn't make it look like had any malice or intention to hurt anyone.  Just a stupid thing kicking a camera.  Should know better.
    there was no reason to kick the camera to begin with.  at the very least, JH shows no respect for personal property.  i couldn't imagine Eddie in his most drunken state doing something like that.  
    edited December 2017
    vaggar99 said:
    there was no reason to kick the camera to begin with.  at the very least, JH shows no respect for personal property.  i couldn't imagine Eddie in his most drunken state doing something like that.  
    Yep, a dumb thing to do.   Ed got so drunk at the Singles party people started to leave.  We've all done stupid stuff we regret.    If JH was kicking peoples' cameras every show then I would say he has no respect for personal property, but all I know of is this instance so I just chalk it up to a really stupid decision. 
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    Hopefully Josh will think about cleaning himself up.  Josh; pay Chelsea her medical bills, buy her a new camera, and meet her in person to apologize.  Chelsea will still sue, but that will go further than the apology on Instagram.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

edited December 2017
    vaggar99 said:
    Yep, a dumb thing to do.   Ed got so drunk at the Singles party people started to leave.  We've all done stupid stuff we regret.    If JH was kicking peoples' cameras every show then I would say he has no respect for personal property, but all I know of is this instance so I just chalk it up to a really stupid decision. 
    Wow, the Singles party. That had to be like 27 years ago?  Sounds like you might have been there? If so, I am envious.  But, did Ed kick a photographer or anyone that night?  

Look, I understand the whole bad decision thing.  But this guy is been a jerk since day one and he's continued that behavior to this day.  not smart for someone who's got a great gig in a horrible business environment for rock musicians.

At least JH never put Future Days or Sleeping By Myself on a QOTSA record.  Bazinga!!  (Obviously a joke).

edited December 2017
    vaggar99 said:
    Same here. Nobody in their right mind would say his behaviour was okay - not too sure why a lot of people seem to have a problem saying both that and that Josh didn't intend to do harm to someone. Seems pretty simple to me.
    I must say I'm a little shocked by the extreme HATE people are showing over this incident. Many are acting like Josh grabbed the woman by the hair, dragged her up on stage, and curb stomped her against a speaker. Me, I feel disappointed in Josh, and bad for the photographer. I am not driven to foam at the mouth over his terrible behaviour. I just feel like he's lost control of himself, and needs help. I hope he gets it fast and that he's learned an important lesson - from his apology, I think perhaps he has. And sure, of course, he owes the photographer something - a nice financial settlement should do it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on

At least JH never put Future Days or Sleeping By Myself on a QOTSA record.  Bazinga!!  (Obviously a joke).

:lol:
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    What a dick...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"

hey, i like those songs.
    edited December 2017
    vaggar99 said:

hey, i like those songs.

I am giving up on us becoming best friends. 

• vaggar99 said:

hey, i like those songs.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"