• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    BLACK35 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Posted this in the food thread: pizza I had in Brooklyn last night.  Easily one of the best pies I have ever had.  

Burnt. Poor disbursement of ingredients. That box of scrap wood looks like it might feature tastier items.

Aaaaand... it looks like you have plenty of forks underneath it to couple with your knife and go at it.

Poser.
    burnt?  you are crazy lol.
    You know you are jealous.
    Lol when something turns black, it's safe to say it's burnt!
    You can like burnt pizza, that's fine with me (although the NYPSD might attack you).

I don't mind a little char, but that's too much for me, the bitterness would only be acceptable to my pallette of the sauce is too sweet.
    I agree, it's a little much. I enjoy a touch of char as well, but those are some huge hunks of charcoal there. Also, the crust is too thick. Did they just put topping on a loaf of bread? =)

Yes.

It's tough to tell from photos sometimes, but if I was forced to choose between Scruffy's charred remnants and, say, a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli... I might choose the ravioli (even uncooked- straight from the can).

You gotta remember... Scruffy gets hammered sometimes. He'll slop back anything and think it's delicious. Maybe that's what happened here? I dunno.
    I actually rather like Chef-Boyardee ravioli. :blush: I mean, I'm not picking it over good real pasta or anything, but still, I'll get a nasty craving for that shit on occasion. I am ashamed of this.
    I love Chef-Boyardee Ravioli (well not as much now as I get older) I still get a craving for the stuff although it has changed in flavor over the years and not for the good. My question do you is how do cook it/ eat it? I eat my cold right from the can and always have. 
    Actually I do that for all Chef-Boyardee products. 
    Well that's probably how I'll eat it in the event of a volcanic or nuclear winter and I don't have time for a fire as I flee from the cannibal hoards. Until then I'll put in a saucepan and heat it on the stove. :lol:;)
    No way, that's an extra dish to wash!
    Microwave for the win!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Tonight s pizza, no burn marks!!! Good as hell. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:

Cue Meatloaf: now don't be sad... cuz 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

Not too shabby at all for you, Scruffy!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Sent the 3 year old off to Montessori today, where they are making pizzas.  We had to tell him about 25 times that he does not get to make his own pizza, as he does at home.  Hopefully he will understand and not spaz out and try to control the whole process to make sure "his" pizza is done correctly. 

We are showing him the way.  Told him we would make pizzas this weekend so that he could try and 'play nice' with his classmates.

That pizza above looks great.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I had some good leftover pizza from a local Italian restaurant, but I didn't take a picture because it wasn't round and I figured rectangular pizza is taboo around here.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    rgambs said:
    I had some good leftover pizza from a local Italian restaurant, but I didn't take a picture because it wasn't round and I figured rectangular pizza is taboo around here.
    Grandma pie?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    Grandma pie?
    Hahaha I suppose so!  It was delicious, round or not!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    Grandma pie?
    Sounds like it.
    I love a 'Grandma' or 'Sicilian' pie.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    rgambs said:
    Sicilian style definitely counts.  This is my thread.  If there is flat dough base topped with sauce and cheese, it counts.
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    Grandma pie?
    Sounds like it.
    I love a 'Grandma' or 'Sicilian' pie.
    Detroit-style pizza is a good non-round pie, too. A better deep dish than Chicago. There's just something about the way the crust caramelizes a bit that makes it a winner.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Phew...I'd never heard of Grandma pie and thought it was some sick euphemism (considering the source =) ).
    hedonist said:
    Phew...I'd never heard of Grandma pie and thought it was some sick euphemism (considering the source =) ).
    grandma pie is amazing.  in-between a regular slice and sicilian.  dan, detroit style pizza?
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:
    grandma pie is amazing.  in-between a regular slice and sicilian.  dan, detroit style pizza?
    Barring a trip to Detroit, check out Emmy Squared next time you're in Brooklyn.

See what happens to that crust. It's like candy.

https://youtu.be/sn8KYD1Vco0

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:

that looks good as hell!  love the basil on it.  what neighborhood in brooklyn?
    Holy shit that looks amazing.  Almost worth a trip to Detroit.  Wait, it is in Brooklyn?  Way better than Detroit!

mcgruff10 said:

Cue Meatloaf: now don't be sad... cuz 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

Not too shabby at all for you, Scruffy!
    lol.  I think we are back on speaking terms.  ;)
    edited November 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:

that looks good as hell!  love the basil on it.  what neighborhood in brooklyn?
    North Brooklyn. WilliamsGreenBush. I don’t know those neighborhoods well. I’m a South Brooklyn fella.

F Me, it's close to Luger's.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Dankind's pizza looks awesome.

I can almost taste that crust with the baked cheese by looking at the picture.
    That is indeed a beauty! 
    Cheese to the edges is never a bad idea doesn't matter what food lol
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:

Never have I wanted a fresh baked pizza at 7am like right now!!
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:

Never have I wanted a fresh baked pizza at 7am like right now!!
    Wake and bake?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mcgruff10 said:

You're setting a torrid pace.
    mcgruff10 said:

YOU’RE setting a torrid pace!

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread#latest
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Nice pizzas!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:

YOU’RE setting a torrid pace!

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread#latest
    good job!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I put Cheddar on a pizza last night!
    :naughty:
    rgambs said:
    I put Cheddar on a pizza last night!
    :naughty:
    Was it overly greasy?
    Best cheese in my book....but it doesn't seem to be a pizza cheese.  How did it work out?
    It was pretty good!
    It was Cabot Seriously Sharp, so, I think that speaks for itself.

It wasn't too greasy, as the Cabot SS is not a greasy cheddar.
    We were out of mozzarella and it was just a throw together homemade from crap ingredients.  My Pa left a Boboli pizza crust and a can of pizza sauce and we made one earlier this week with mozzarella and Asiago and the crap crust plus crap sauce left us disappointed.

The cheddar was able to overcome the lack of proper Italian flavor.
    It actually complemented the pepperoni pretty well.