The Food Thread

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Goddammit that sandwich sounds and looks delicious and I don't even care for caraway seeds.  Love me some Jewish rye though.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I prefer yellow mustard to the others. 
    Sounds like a good lunch!

Yellow mustard never gets any respect. Nice to hear your position on this important matter.

Also, Boars Head deli meats---I don't think it gets any better.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I like all sorts of deli meats. 
    Boars Head is very good.
    Riehl Deli outta Philly is damn good as well.
    I have been ordering them through Local Market/Amazon Fresh...but the bastards are stopping the delivery to many ZIP Codes in NJ and PA at the end of the month, and mine is one of them.  SO bummed -- been using them almost exclusively for over a year and am a bag fan.

Anyway....going back to Shop Rite means back to Boar's Head at the Deli, and that is never a bad thing.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yellow mustard is for children (and Cubans).
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    For:
    Hot dogs (and related wurst type deals)
    Sandwiches
    Soft pretzela

For:
    Sandwiches
    Soft pretzela

Right. If you're a child.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    For:
    Sandwiches
    Soft pretzela

And deviled eggs and egg, pasta, potato salads
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    dankind said:
    For:
    Sandwiches
    Soft pretzela

Right. If you're a child.
    I have been called childish before.  I can accept that if it means that I can continue to eat those items....plus the ones that Neil Gamby wisely shares above.  I love all of those things.

(I don't dislike spicy/dijon/brown mustard.  I even like the Grey Poupon commercials.  Just never grew out of loving the French's Yellow Mustard.)
    edited November 2017
    Yellow mustard isn't even an option at Fenway Park.

I don't think it is/was at the toilet bowl in the Bronx (old and new) either. Or Citi Field/Shea. Or MSG.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Yellow on turkey, ham, bologna, salami, burgers, dogs, pretzels.  Spicy brown on roast beef, pastrami, & sausages.  Whole grain (aka old style) in red potato salad and other dressings.  Dry mustard in deviled eggs.
    Eh, when not available I use the dirty shit.  Still like that -- just prefer Yellow.
    Does the pope shit in the woods?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    :lol:
    So, it was good? 
    Need to check that out. 

rgambs said:
    For:
    Sandwiches
    Soft pretzela

You put yellow mustard on pasta? I am a yellow mustard enthusiast but.....please explain yourself.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    dankind said:
    Yellow mustard isn't even an option at Fenway Park.

I don't think it is/was at the toilet bowl in the Bronx (old and new) either. Or Citi Field/Shea. Or MSG.

New England Today Living disagrees with your assertion
    https://newengland.com/today/living/new-england-nostalgia/fenway-franks/

The final step for the Frank is to be lovingly placed into a classic, New England-style, split-top hot dog roll. After that, it’s left up to you to customize your frank. Deck it out with a heap of relish, keep it simple with a squiggle of yellow or brown mustard, or just enjoy the bold flavors of a naked frank

chinese-happy.jpg
    I dont think you pointing that out helps make your case with Dankind.  :lol:  He does not share many opinions with his fellow NE-ers.
    edited November 2017
    I have never, in all my years of going to games at Fenway, seen yellow mustard at the condiment stations. They switched over from Gulden's (spicy brown) to Gold's (deli) a few years back. That reporter is a mustard novice. 

You can tell by color alone that what's on that dog pictured is not yellow (kid) mustard.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    I have never, in all my years of going to games at Fenway, seen yellow mustard at the condiment stations. They switched over from Gulden's (spicy brown) to Gold's (deli) a few years back. That reporter is a mustard novice. 

You can tell by color alone that what's on that dog pictured is not yellow (kid) mustard.
    You're a mustard fraud.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    dankind said:

You're a mustard fraud.
    :lol: lol:
    edited November 2017
    dankind said:

You're a mustard fraud.
    YOU'RE a mustard fraud!

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread#latest
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I prefer yellow mustard to the others. 
    Sounds like a good lunch!

Yellow mustard never gets any respect. Nice to hear your position on this important matter.

Also, Boars Head deli meats---I don't think it gets any better.

THUMANN'S
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    For:
    Sandwiches
    Soft pretzela

You put yellow mustard on pasta? I am a yellow mustard enthusiast but.....please explain yourself.
    Oops, I didn't mean pasta salad, I meant macaroni salad.
    Mustard, mayo, eggs, celery, onion, dill seed, enjoy.
    For me, it's not a summer celebration without baked beans and macaroni salad getting cosy on the plate and in my mouth.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Have some very simple crock pot chicken tacos going today.  It's just chicken breast, taco seasoning and salsa.  8 hours on low.  Nice and juicy.  Topped with Chihuahua cheese and onion/cilantro.  Very good stuff.
    Save me a few.
    What sort of tortillas? 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Save me a few.
    What sort of tortillas? 

I go corn.  Wife and the little guy go flour. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    What in the Sam hell is Chihuahua cheese?

As to cilantro, have given it a go several times, but nope.

(Well, I tried, didn't I? Goddammit, at least I did that)

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    hedonist said:
    What in the Sam hell is Chihuahua cheese?

As to cilantro, have given it a go several times, but nope.

(Well, I tried, didn't I? Goddammit, at least I did that)

Does it taste like soap? I've hear that from some people - I know cilantro is one of those foods some people just can't eat/like due to their taste buds being different.
    Love cilantro....does not taste like soap, to me.

Corn Tortillas are the way to go!  Wife and kids here also prefer Flour. 
    Must be like @dankind and his theory on Yellow Mustard - for kids!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Love cilantro too.

I said it before, I want to like corn tortillas, but I just can't.  Too dry, break too often.  Gimme flour.