A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Ok i will ask my dr next week. Worth a try
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited November 2017
    If the SSRI you are on is causing you side effects, can you try another drug in the SSRI class of drugs? 
    I am on Escitalopram (Lexapro) and have not had any side effects. But then again, what works for me might not work for you.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    edited November 2017
    Its kind of personal but all ssri can cause sexual dysfunction.
    This wasn't a problem 5 years ago because i was in a relationship where that was dead anyhow.
    Now im with my new partner just had a baby and its the part of life and closeness and togetherness i always missed and I can't loose that bond.
    Also some ive been on i put weight on like rapid. I have other physical issues that stop me doing vigorous excersise so couldn't shift it.
    I am considering prozac again. 
    Ive had zoloft many years mirtazapine that had weight gain and sleeping. I seem to react to all. 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Its kind of personal but all ssri can cause sexual disfunction.
    This wasn't a problem 5 years ago because i was in a relationship where that was dead anyhow.
    Now im with my new partner just had a baby and its the part of life and closeness and togetherness i always missed and I can't loose that bond.
    Also some ive been on i put weight on like rapid. I have other physical issues that stop me doing vigorous excersise so couldn't shift it.
    I am considering prozac again. 
    Ive had zoloft many years mirtazapine that had weight gain and sleeping. I seem to react to all. 
    Have you tried Lexapro? It's the most well tolerated SSRI. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • No but i will ask about it now thank you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    It seems to me that people like me for instance who don't seem to be well liked get the brush off for instance a hotline number or a see a doctor type comment. 

I am honest to say that I'm going down my own way and sometimes i want help from someone but it never seems to be the help i need. 

Sometimes I'm all there but not now i wish i had so that i could wisdomize for ones who suffer as i do from unbearable anxiety. 

Although in my case i couldn't say it i will say to others. " you are not alone"  

• Keep walking the long road and never stop reaching out .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

No but i will ask about it now thank you
    No problem. Let me know how you go on that.
    edited November 2017
    I totally despair with some keyboard warriors on these forum boards.
    Whats the deal with just trolling my threads to derail them. I thought all pj fans were of a decent ilk.
    My anxiety of course starts to blame myself and assume i am wrong again it always points inwards and attacks me instead of being able to give back the poison to where it came.
    I know be strong,rise above,take no notice.
    But recently in this journey of life living we fear and anxiety anger is finding a home in such a peaceful and generous soul. 
    Do you know yesterday i spent my day doing for others as i often do. We have a friend who is house bound due to a stroke at a youngish age. We go help clean do shopping ,postage. Well her dear cat went missing only to be found dead. 
    I went to collect his body from the vets mortuary and i respectfully dug him a grave in her garden amd buried him for her. She was distraught ,her cats are her company and her family. It made me sad but warm knowing i was making it a little easier for her. She can't afford a cremation or anything. Whilst i was digging ahe told me her dad is terminal. With health anxiety its like im a magnet for terrible illness "news". Then i come on here in the middle of the night and get morons comment on my legitimate posts in lost dogs to try and cause me pain and trouble. Questioning my integrity. I was upset then angry that someone can get to me so easily. Ive given away more than most have ever collected. Sad people . Upset me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• I totally despair with some keyboard warriors on these forum boards.
    Whats the deal with just trolling my threads to derail them. I thought all pj fans were of a decent ilk.
    My anxiety of course starts to blame myself and assume i am wrong again it always points inwards and attacks me instead of being able to give back the poison to where it came.
    I know be strong,rise above,take no notice.
    But recently in this journey of life living we fear and anxiety anger is finding a home in such a peaceful and generous soul. 
    Do you know yesterday i spent my day doing for others as i often do. We have a friend who is house bound due to a stroke at a youngish age. We go help clean do shopping ,postage. Well her dear cat went missing only to be found dead. 
    I went to collect his body from the vets mortuary and i respectfully dug him a grave in her garden amd buried him for her. She was distraught ,her cats are her company and her family. It made me sad but warm knowing i was making it a little easier for her. She can't afford a cremation or anything. Whilst i was digging ahe told me her dad is terminal. With health anxiety its like im a magnet for terrible illness "news". Then i come on here in the middle of the night and get morons comment on my legitimate posts in lost dogs to try and cause me pain and trouble. Questioning my integrity. I was upset then angry that someone can get to me so easily. Ive given away more than most have ever collected. Sad people . Upset me.
    Sorry to hear about what you are going through. It WILL work itself out in time. Maybe you are an intuitive empath? Look into it. It means you are extremely tuned in to what others are feeling. You can feel a person's pain just from their energy. If you are not aware of how to manage it, it could lead to anxiety, feeling drained, and even feeling that your body is not functioning properly.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• That does sound  like me
     I will investigate that thanks
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Wow i just looked that up. That is me described 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Firstly, lastexitlondon, I want to give you kudos for courage to speak about you anxiety.  Anxiety and depression are really tough to deal with and they are both more prevalent than ever in this high stress world.  I'm tempted to say, "You're not alone," but I know better.  Each one of us who have anxiety (I do in spades) can only feel what we feel, not what someone else does.  But what we can do is reach out, share our experiences, lend each other support and empathy, and offer suggestions.

I've had "clinical" anxiety for the better part of the last 25 years and probably have had anxiety to some degree much of my 66 years.  I went through a long period of time taking meds, changing meds and finally letting go of prescription meds all together.  During the late 90's I was hospitalized twice involuntarily and once voluntarily.  But somehow I kept working to get better and learned some decent coping methods.

I'm not against meds, especially when they are needed in critical times but my own experience has been that learning ways of coping have been, for me, the most useful. I never found a really good counselor so I enrolled in a counseling training program and made an effort to learn as much as I could.  The program was based on the work of Carl Rogers and what he termed "client centered therapy".  It's really great and makes a lot of sense.  A lot of the focus is on taking action (DOING!) which is what you did by speaking out here. That was smart thinking.  Rogers' work avoids delving too much in the past but instead focuses on learning good coping skills.

I find getting out and walking, keeping a good diet going, and keeping my alcohol consumption low has helped a lot.  I try to find things that break my "spin cycle" when anxiety hits be it (what Henry Rollins refers to as) "medicating with music", playing card games on my computer, watching a good movie and things like that to get through the most difficult periods.

I don't know if this is available where you are but I'm currently doing some exploration into using cannabis with high percentage CBD and low percentage THC.  Many strains of cannabis are prone to making my anxiety worse but the high CBD/ low THC do the opposite for me.  So far, I'm very pleased with the results.  I can only speak for myself on this because like almost all meds, pharmaceutical or natural, we all react a bit different.  I can only suggest to proceed with caution.

Most of all, I just want to say hang in there and definitely, best wishes.  These forums and the good people here have been a great help to each other.  You mentioned keyboard warriors and trolls (I've also heard the term "thread crapping") and on a public forum, that's somewhat inevitable.  But I find most folks here are really good souls who sincerely care.

Keep us posted and beat wishes!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited November 2017
    Thank you bri.
    I like nature and walking. Im in a tight spot at the moment where i see no future even though i have my 4th child a lovely little girl i look at her and cry. 
    I won't be here .
    My brain seems to sabotage happiness with physical symptoms. 
    Im damaged somehow. Be it life events or a sad soul. I feel love and i feel loved. But there must be a poison in me. 
    With the cannabis i had some years as a young man smoking all sorts and i did love it but sadly it didn't love me. Much the same as alcohol. I have an addictive personality.
    Drink/pot/sex/gambling/food anything you can imagine i can't just dabble. 
    There is this need in me to get"out of" my head. Which i resist mostly.
    Im 42 now. Ive believed i will die soon for the last 20 years approx. "Im still here" moaning and whining to people who love me fuck knows how.
    My only reason to stay alive is my children who are becoming adults and damn fine ones at that.....see now as i type the tears roll down my face at 5a.m ive been awake aince 2 am . I can't keep doing this. I have a new symptom that i believe is the end for me and i can't escape the intrusive thoughts. I kept busy yesterday helping others as that pleases me most. But i need to help myself. I go to a group and get homework. Which i have to keep reading but its like Chinese to me at these lonely a.m times. Im not suicidal . Just resided to my fate thats very hard to unthink. Sorry to go on and on. Its all very negative.small steps people say. But whilst im striding backwards at breakneck speed i can't find a step forwards no matter how i try.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• You are good people
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Thank you bri.
    I like nature and walking. Im in a tight spot at the moment where i see no future even though i have my 4th child a lovely little girl i look at her and cry. 
    I won't be here .
    My brain seems to sabotage happiness with physical symptoms. 
    Im damaged somehow. Be it life events or a sad soul. I feel love and i feel loved. But there must be a poison in me. 
    With the cannabis i had some years as a young man smoking all sorts and i did love it but sadly it didn't love me. Much the same as alcohol. I have an addictive personality.
    Drink/pot/sex/gambling/food anything you can imagine i can't just dabble. 
    There is this need in me to get"out of" my head. Which i resist mostly.
    Im 42 now. Ive believed i will die soon for the last 20 years approx. "Im still here" moaning and whining to people who love me fuck knows how.
    My only reason to stay alive is my children who are becoming adults and damn fine ones at that.....see now as i type the tears roll down my face at 5a.m ive been awake aince 2 am . I can't keep doing this. I have a new symptom that i believe is the end for me and i can't escape the intrusive thoughts. I kept busy yesterday helping others as that pleases me most. But i need to help myself. I go to a group and get homework. Which i have to keep reading but its like Chinese to me at these lonely a.m times. Im not suicidal . Just resided to my fate thats very hard to unthink. Sorry to go on and on. Its all very negative.small steps people say. But whilst im striding backwards at breakneck speed i can't find a step forwards no matter how i try.
    "Drink/pot/sex/gambling/food anything you can imagine i can't just dabble." 

You seem to know your limits well- a good thing to know.  Many of us (I do anyway) know what it's like when we get to far out of our limits/ tolerance levels.  That's always bites us in the butt.   And only you know your limits because I think they're different for everyone.  That seems like a good thing to focus on, the fact that you know your yourself that way.  Maybe let that self awareness be power over the things that bring you down.  Find your strengths and feed them.  And give yourself a break too.  You're a good guy.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    I suffer from extreme anxiety from time to time, which currently is almost every day. Today was a good day. I'd even dare to call it great. I'm so grateful for these rarities. I'd like to share what started my good day, and hopefully the laugh that followed. 

My 9 y.o.'s latest assessment of her 6 y.o. brother, Avery....

Lacey: Mom, I think Avery needs a therapist. 
    Me: Sweetie, I think we ALL need a therapist. 
    Lacey: Yeah, I guess you're right. But he goes first!

What a bright and insightful child! :lol:
  • Kids do say some wonderful things
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Its true brian i know my limits now and its out of fear i stay sober or drug free and eat well all these things i hoped would help. But leave me hollow and wanting an out
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Hugs to you dude.
    Sad to hear there are idiots on here.
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for caring. This forum has been a place to come at night when nobody is awake here in England.yeah idiots is an understatement.
    I should rise above. But i think i will reply with love. Maybe give some free  stuff to them see how the mind of a troll works then! Kindness??? What is this phenomenon
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I'm a parent of a daughter who suffers from anxiety I feel helpless at times I can only be there for her to talk , she's on meds and sees a Dr for counsel I'll see if I can get her to come here and read this thread ,thanks for starting it OP ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • As a parent my daughters have and do suffer in fact one has come out the other sidw and i a strength to me. My other im actually on my way to take her to a charity called youth talk here in england. Started councilling 3 weeks ago and its going well so there is hope
     How old is she? 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• @guacamolejoe you are welcome to express yourself here.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I suffer from extreme anxiety from time to time, which currently is almost every day. Today was a good day. I'd even dare to call it great. I'm so grateful for these rarities. I'd like to share what started my good day, and hopefully the laugh that followed. 

My 9 y.o.'s latest assessment of her 6 y.o. brother, Avery....

Lacey: Mom, I think Avery needs a therapist. 
    Me: Sweetie, I think we ALL need a therapist. 
    Lacey: Yeah, I guess you're right. But he goes first!

What a bright and insightful child! :lol:
    I laughed out loud!  Great story RS!

Wishing us all an anxiety free day. 

Good thread here, lastexitlondon, thanks for doing it!

As a parent my daughters have and do suffer in fact one has come out the other sidw and i a strength to me. My other im actually on my way to take her to a charity called youth talk here in england. Started councilling 3 weeks ago and its going well so there is hope
     How old is she? 
    She's 20 will turn 21 this coming february there was a time i really thought i was gonna lose her for good she's doing beter but still needs therapy and meds i'm really afraid of meds and side effect & mood swings but at least she's still fighting thru it ....
    i guess i'm anxiuos too specially away from her at work everytime she calls me my mind goes to the worst case scenarios she lives with me & my wife ..
  • Being a parent is the hardesr job we all will face.
    I would rather suffer 10 times over rather than see my child in turmoil..
    My daughter as i type is sending me messages in a complete panic. Heart breaking i agree
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Being a parent is the hardesr job we all will face.
    My daughter as i type is sending me messages in a complete panic. Heart breaking i agree
    Being a parent is the hardesr job we all will face.
    sorry to hear i know the feeling wish you both nothing but good vibes >>>>>>