Las Vegas massacre.

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Does Chuck Todd really want to know what we actually did after these two events? Does he need a refresher?

"When planes flew into the World Trade Center did we say now is not the time to talk about terrorism? When our banking system nearly collapsed in 2008 did we say now is not the time to talk about financial regulation?"

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chuck-todd-gun-control-critics_us_59d48f4ae4b04b9f92060df7

Didn't we invade the wrong country and kill about 2 million brown "folks"?
    Didn't we, the US treasury and the Fed, assume the banking systems bad debts and fix their balance sheets with the press of a button?

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,807
    brianlux said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    Guns are good for business, so are hamburgers and fries.

Ive seen some of the graphic footage of the aftermath, unspeakable!

Then theres this guy... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2017/10/03/what-a-macho-gun-packing-instagram-star-did-when-he-was-caught-in-the-las-vegas-shooting/

Talked about in the American Gun problem thread too. 
    I didnt know it was previously discussed, I try to avoid the 3 Gs topics.
    Understandable.  Guns- what are the other two "g"s ?
    Guns, God, and Gays.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I assumed one of them would have been Giraffes. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am taking the family to a fall festival at an Amish farm with Giraffes this Saturday!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    rgambs said:
    I am taking the family to a fall festival at an Amish farm with Giraffes this Saturday!
    Watch out, those fuckers can bite! I was bitten by a giraffe AND a camel at a zoo when I was a kid.... I have since boycotted zoos, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I'll punch a Giraffe right in her face, no hesitation.
    That goes for the deer and the Emu too!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    rgambs said:
    I'll punch a Giraffe right in her face, no hesitation.
    That goes for the deer and the Emu too!
    lol damn lol poor PJ_SOUL 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    ^^^ Wow! That's crazy. Fucking love the boxer's stance the dude took before throwing the punch. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    rgambs said:
    :rofl:

I don't know why, but that strikes me as hilarious- an Amish farm with giraffes.  Now I've heard it all! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    rgambs said:

I don't know why, but that strikes me as hilarious- an Amish farm with giraffes.  Now I've heard it all! 

bull fighting to punching kangaroos to laughing all in a Las Vegas Massacre thread.  Interesting.  People are numb.
    brianlux said:
    rgambs said:

Walnut Creek
    You can buy their products all over Ohio.
    They have a 100+ acre farm area where they keep free roam exotic animals, mostly ungulates, and they do draft horse drawn carriage tours.
  • rgambs said:

hahahahahaha

The headlock on the dog.

The dog realizing he's f**ked.

The square off- guy thought he was Sugar Ray Leonard.

The look on the kangaroo's face is hilarious. He was definitely 'Glass Joe'.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    rgambs said:
    brianlux said:
    rgambs said:

Walnut Creek
    You can buy their products all over Ohio.
    They have a 100+ acre farm area where they keep free roam exotic animals, mostly ungulates, and they do draft horse drawn carriage tours.
    I always had a sneaking suspicion those Amish people are crazy. (Hey don't look at me, I'm only half crazy. :wink: )

But seriously, that's both interesting a a pleasant side track from the ugly business at hand on this thread.  :smile:

brianlux said:
    rgambs said:

bull fighting to punching kangaroos to laughing all in a Las Vegas Massacre thread.  Interesting.  People are numb.

Understandable so.  It's wearing to constantly think about nothing but violence and the horrors of this world.

Here, a present for you:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• ^^^
    I would rather get a gold star for figuring out how to multiquote and multirespond in one post.
    ^^^
    I would rather get a gold star for figuring out how to multiquote and multirespond in one post.
    Doesn't smell as nice but here ya go:

• ^^^
    Silly rabbit, I only get it after I figure it out not before.  I don't want a participation sticker.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,292
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    ^^^
    Silly rabbit, I only get it after I figure it out not before.  I don't want a participation sticker.

Do'h nuts!

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    life comes at you "fast and furious"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politics/kellyanne-conway-white-house-las-vegas/index.html
    "I did note ... it was President Obama's ATF, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, in 2010 that decided not to regulate this device," she told CNN's Chris Cuomo on "New Day." "That should be part of the conversation and part of the facts that you put before your viewers."

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,925
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    Watch out, those fuckers can bite! I was bitten by a giraffe AND a camel at a zoo when I was a kid.... I have since boycotted zoos, lol.
    We have passes to our zoo and they let the kids walk up and feed/pet the giraffes. The wall is about shoulder high to them with a 3-bar type fence for them to poke their heads through or reach into and pet. Never pictured anyone of them biting. But does explain why you hate zoos so much.
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    We have passes to our zoo and they let the kids walk up and feed/pet the giraffes. The wall is about shoulder high to them with a 3-bar type fence for them to poke their heads through or reach into and pet. Never pictured anyone of them biting. But does explain why you hate zoos so much.
    I'm against zoos also.  Wild life in pens? Terrible idea.  There are animal sanctuaries like The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee that make lots more sense.  Even better- wild animal habitat and migration corridors.

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    So he scouted locations in Chicago and Boston before settling on Vegas. Chicago was Lollapallooza. Assuming here it was Boston Calling, which actually moved this year from Government Center downtown (surrounded by dozens of tall buildings) out to Harvard Stadium where there really aren't many around. That move might have inadvertently prevented a shooting here.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited October 2017
    Duplicate post
    Post edited by JimmyV on

JC29856 said:
    life comes at you "fast and furious"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politics/kellyanne-conway-white-house-las-vegas/index.html
    "I did note ... it was President Obama's ATF, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, in 2010 that decided not to regulate this device," she told CNN's Chris Cuomo on "New Day." "That should be part of the conversation and part of the facts that you put before your viewers."

Haha only you, JC!

• JimmyV said:
    So he scouted locations in Chicago and Boston before settling on Vegas. Chicago was Lollapallooza. Assuming here it was Boston Calling, which actually moved this year from Government Center downtown (surrounded by dozens of tall buildings) out to Harvard Stadium where there really aren't many around. That move might have inadvertently prevented a shooting here.
    Sources?
    JimmyV said:
    Sources?
    https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/las-vegas-shooting/las-vegas-gunman-scouted-locations-boston-chicago-officials-say-n808011

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Right now at work, we have a threat of a disgruntled employee and our building is on lockdown.

Stop fucking enabling this shit!!
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,924
    Right now at work, we have a threat of a disgruntled employee and our building is on lockdown.

Stop fucking enabling this shit!!
    Stay safe, HesCalledDyer. Really hoping that situation works itself out with no injury or loss of life.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1