Las Vegas massacre.

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Right now at work, we have a threat of a disgruntled employee and our building is on lockdown.

Stop fucking enabling this shit!!
    post office?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited October 2017
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    I assumed one of them would have been Giraffes. 
    I am taking the family to a fall festival at an Amish farm with Giraffes this Saturday!
    Watch out, those fuckers can bite! I was bitten by a giraffe AND a camel at a zoo when I was a kid.... I have since boycotted zoos, lol.
    We have passes to our zoo and they let the kids walk up and feed/pet the giraffes. The wall is about shoulder high to them with a 3-bar type fence for them to poke their heads through or reach into and pet. Never pictured anyone of them biting. But does explain why you hate zoos so much.
    Actually it doesn't. I hate zoos so much because I don't believe in keeping wild animals in captivity. There is an alternate solution for every single justification that people use for zoos. The biting incident simply made me aware of the fact that zoo animals sometimes bite .... not that I blame them! I'd probably be biting people too, if I was stuck in there with people gawking at me all day long!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2017
    Right now at work, we have a threat of a disgruntled employee and our building is on lockdown.

Whoa dude!! :fearful: Hope everything stays in control! Keep us updated.
    (I am not too sure what you mean about enabling TBH)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Right now at work, we have a threat of a disgruntled employee and our building is on lockdown.

Hoping he is just disgruntled and not crazy...

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

JESUS. stay safe dude!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790

Jesus. Hope that ends quickly and safely for all involved.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    So he scouted locations in Chicago and Boston before settling on Vegas. Chicago was Lollapallooza. Assuming here it was Boston Calling, which actually moved this year from Government Center downtown (surrounded by dozens of tall buildings) out to Harvard Stadium where there really aren't many around. That move might have inadvertently prevented a shooting here.
    Or Fenway:

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    I'm supposed to leave at 2:30 as I have a dentist appt this afternoon.  Hopefully by then we'll be in the clear.
    JC29856 said:

post office?
    No. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    Damn stay safe bro my sister texted me this morning about another gun nut being arrested in Pennsylvania near my neices college with an arsenal , Ok Houston we have a major problem there's too many guns and not enough laws !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,925
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    I assumed one of them would have been Giraffes. 
    I am taking the family to a fall festival at an Amish farm with Giraffes this Saturday!
    Watch out, those fuckers can bite! I was bitten by a giraffe AND a camel at a zoo when I was a kid.... I have since boycotted zoos, lol.
    We have passes to our zoo and they let the kids walk up and feed/pet the giraffes. The wall is about shoulder high to them with a 3-bar type fence for them to poke their heads through or reach into and pet. Never pictured anyone of them biting. But does explain why you hate zoos so much.
    Actually it doesn't. I hate zoos so much because I don't believe in keeping wild animals in captivity. There is an alternate solution for every single justification that people use for zoos. The biting incident simply made me aware of the fact that zoo animals sometimes bite .... not that I blame them! I'd probably be biting people too, if I was stuck in there with people gawking at me all day long!
    I have no issues with zoos. Wild animal parks are better, but at least here the animals are treated very well (for the most part), don't have to worry about their young being eaten alive, and like our local zoo is also a place to keep injured animals that would not otherwise survive in the wild. They are also a place to help keep and breed endangered species. 
    Pretty much every zoo I am aware of has an educational purpose too that ranges from field trips with kids, classes during the day for visitors and even higher held classes are held at some zoos. This information helps educate what damage we do to the environment by talking about about natural habitats, how a species became endangered to begin with. Many zoos even raise money or have donation centers to help endangered species. 
    You can find lots of bad examples of animal treatment, but they have improved a lot, and there is good that comes from them.
    Situation diffused.  Supposedly we'll have police on site from 2-4pm at every entrance just in case.
    edited October 2017
    Sorry to break it to you, but 1) there are many zoos in North America that in fact do not treat their animals very well or don't provide them with adequate habitats (well, obviously no zoo can provide a truly adequate habitat). But even in the very best of zoos animals are often depressed and can become mentally ill. How they socialize gets all fucked up too. As for this theory about the just being able to relax, lol.... Yes, well, being in prison could also be called relaxing because you don't have to pay your bills, cook your own food, or deal with the normal hardships of life, but I'm sure that doesn't mean you'd be okay with going to prison. Not even a white collar one. You are definitely throwing out all of the usual excuses used by zoos to stay in business (never forget that they are indeed businesses and don't want to go out of business), but again, there is an alternative option for every single point you made that benefit the animals more, and all the energy put into zoos could be redirected to other, better options, such as sanctuaries and preserves. That includes all the research and education factors.
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited October 2017
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    So he scouted locations in Chicago and Boston before settling on Vegas. Chicago was Lollapallooza. Assuming here it was Boston Calling, which actually moved this year from Government Center downtown (surrounded by dozens of tall buildings) out to Harvard Stadium where there really aren't many around. That move might have inadvertently prevented a shooting here.
    Or Fenway:

I heard it that he also had rooms in Chicago near Grant Park back in August for Lollapalooza with clear views of the concert stages.
    F****** insane.
    Sorry I posted this before reading what was above it. Essentially stating the same thing.
    Post edited by RYME on
    Situation diffused.  Supposedly we'll have police on site from 2-4pm at every entrance just in case.
    That's good! Wow, that's crazy. Do you know any details about the situation?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    This woman is incredibly credible and smart when it comes to ISIS.  A lot of interesting things on her timeline.

https://twitter.com/rcallimachi

This woman is incredibly credible and smart when it comes to ISIS.  A lot of interesting things on her timeline.

Until we know his motive it can't be discounted. But...at least 3 false claims out of the fifty she recorded? This could easily be #4.

fucking Alex Jones says this is a false flag event perpetrated by the democrats. weasel. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

fucking Alex Jones says this is a false flag event perpetrated by the democrats. weasel. 
    I am actually pissed just to share the same last name with him. :angry:
    PJ_Soul said:
    and your first name is damn close too, isn't it?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    and your first name is damn close too, isn't it?
    You know, I never even thought of that - I must have been in denial, lol. Shit!
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,565

If he had any connection to isis, it would already be out. 

And even if they are somehow involved and the shooter converted to Islam six months ago as they claim (which I doubt) he did so with this attack in mind. This was a crime he wanted to commit. If ISIS somehow provided him with some crazed justification for it in his mind, he was still already radicalized six months ago. He wanted to murder people and he went looking for a reason to do so.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    JimmyV said:

And even if they are somehow involved and the shooter converted to Islam six months ago as they claim (which I doubt) he did so with this attack in mind. This was a crime he wanted to commit. If ISIS somehow provided him with some crazed justification for it in his mind, he was still already radicalized six months ago. He wanted to murder people and he went looking for a reason to do so.

Interesting. 

I didn't read through the tweets and I'm unlikely to, as I'm not on twitter and find it a ridiculous medium in which to convey larger chunks of information.

The shooter appears to have planned this for years. If ISIS had anything to do with this, it was not in the motive or even the means. Was he just looking for information? Logistical support? Kindred disaffected spirits??
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    JimmyV said:

Interesting. 

I didn't read through the tweets and I'm unlikely to, as I'm not on twitter and find it a ridiculous medium in which to convey larger chunks of information.

The shooter appears to have planned this for years. If ISIS had anything to do with this, it was not in the motive or even the means. Was he just looking for information? Logistical support? Kindred disaffected spirits??
    I suppose if he needed money (and it does sound like this probably cost him a lot), then ISIS would be good people to tap, and his belief system would probably be irrelevant to ISIS. How one goes about contacting ISIS to get money out of them is beyond me, but obviously there are ways. Er, maybe they simply have websites with contact email addresses, I dunno.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:

Interesting. 

I suppose if he needed money (and it does sound like this probably cost him a lot), then ISIS would be good people to tap, and his belief system would probably be irrelevant to ISIS. How one goes about contacting ISIS to get money out of them is beyond me, but obviously there are ways. Er, maybe they simply have websites with contact email addresses, I dunno.

I don't even want to try googling that ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:

Interesting. 

The shooter was a millionaire.  He didn't need the money.
    he was reportedly not hurting for money. he owned several properties, wired his GF in the Philippines $100K after she went there.....he was apparently very good with real estate.

Surprised Trump hasn't complimented him yet. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:

Interesting. 

I don't even want to try googling that ;)
    yeah I would think the FBI would be knocking on your door after that google search
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:

Interesting. 

The shooter was a millionaire.  He didn't need the money.
    Were his current financials released? Just because he was also a high stakes gambler, so it's not hard for someone like that to get cash poor real fast. And if he started just selling everything off maybe that would raise red flags, not least of all with his girlfriend. Plus he clearly had to keep the $100K he sent to the Philippines.

I'm having a little trouble believing that his girlfriend was completely oblivious to a single shred of anything that would suggest his motives btw. I call bullshit, and even if it is true, jesus, what a miserable, weird fucking relationship that must have been.