Tom Petty - Wildflowers - All The Rest

Comments

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    jjflash said:

From tour, etc update email sent out today from tompetty.com: "The classic Warner Bros Records album Wildflowers will be reissued at a later date."

welcomed news
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815

jjflash said:

From tour, etc update email sent out today from tompetty.com: "The classic Warner Bros Records album Wildflowers will be reissued at a later date."

welcomed news
    Yup, even tho we don't have a date I'm glad to know it'll be released at some point!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    edited April 2017
    I saw the setlist for the first show of the tour and he played the song Wildflowers. How cool would that be? Kind of regretting not buying tickets to this tour.

I've been thinking of buying the Vol. 2 box but I already have copies of wildflowers and she's the one... so it'd be for the other ones. I guess i'm can buy them individually now.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited July 2017
    Saw him play a handful off this last night, the re-issue can't come soon enough....
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Zod said:
    I saw the setlist for the first show of the tour and he played the song Wildflowers. How cool would that be? Kind of regretting not buying tickets to this tour. I've been thinking of buying the Vol. 2 box but I already have copies of wildflowers and she's the one... so it'd be for the other ones. I guess i'm can buy them individually now.
    Yeah, I think it's fun collecting them one at a time.  I tend to look for used originals, but I'll take whatever I can get.

I just picked up Full Moon Fever the other day (resissue - new)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • dpduke69dpduke69 Raleigh, NC Posts: 187
    edited July 2017
    Hoping we get this sooner than later. Looking forward to the Baltimore show on Sunday! Have somewhat crappy side/behind stage seats so going to try for the social media contest to win an upgrade. Would love to get a Live Anthology Volume 2 in the near future as well. I wear out Volume 1!
    2013: Charlotte
    2016: Greenville Columbia
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    dpduke69 said:
    Hoping we get this sooner than later. Looking forward to the Baltimore show on Sunday! Have somewhat crappy side/behind stage seats so going to try for the social media contest to win an upgrade. Would love to get a Live Anthology Volume 2 in the near future as well. I wear out Volume 1!
    Saw them last night in Boston. Killer show!!!
    Baltimore show was great. My side stage seats ended up being fantastic with our own screen as well. Loved getting You Got Lucky live for the first time. Looked like they did an audible to play Swingin (another first for me) which was a pleasant surprise. The boys sounded great as always. Thought the addition of the 2 lady background singers worked well for tunes like Don't come around here no more and Learning to Fly. The wildflowers run was fantastic and made me want a theater show where he plays it in full. Hope we get the Wildflowers reissue soon. Hope this wasn't my last time seeing Tom and The Heartbreakers.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    dpduke69 said:
    Looked like they did an audible to play Swingin.
    ^^ Nice!! ^^ One of my favo Petty tunes.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    On Tuesday night in Berkeley, on the 40th anniversary tour, Tom Petty said they were treating the show like one giant record and dropping the needle wherever. The needle dropped on Wildflowers 5 times. 40th anniversary tour? More like the Wildflowers tour.
  • On Tuesday night in Berkeley, on the 40th anniversary tour, Tom Petty said they were treating the show like one giant record and dropping the needle wherever. The needle dropped on Wildflowers 5 times. 40th anniversary tour? More like the Wildflowers tour.

He said the same thing in Vancouver a week or so ago.

To be honest... I didn't really dig the Wildflowers stuff as much as the other stuff. He played nothing off Long After Dark which is one of my favourite albums.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2017
    I really enjoyed the Wildflowers stuff at the show myself......... Now where the fuck is that Wildflowers reissue? :angry::look_at_the_time:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    I really enjoyed the Wildflowers stuff at the show myself......... Now where the fuck is that Wildflowers reissue? :angry::look_at_the_time:
    I enjoyed it, too. Never thought I'd hear Crawling Back To You live. It's Good To Be King is a monster!

I don't think chances are good for that small theater Wildflowers tour with the way they've been playing these tracks. Who knows what that will do to the potential release of All The Rest.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    PJ_Soul said:
    Saw him on that tour back in 95? One of many for me anyway. You ever see him live?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I enjoyed it, too. Never thought I'd hear Crawling Back To You live. It's Good To Be King is a monster!

I don't think chances are good for that small theater Wildflowers tour with the way they've been playing these tracks. Who knows what that will do to the potential release of All The Rest.
    Come on guys. Just agree with me okay?
    edited August 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    Saw him on that tour back in 95? One of many for me anyway. You ever see him live?
    I just saw him the week before last for the first time! It was great!
    Thirty, what did you think of that show overall, the Wildflowers hate aside? ;) I thought it was really fun - the crowd was really into it, which always makes a show way more fun (we should have met up for a beer).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I just saw him the week before last for the first time! It was great!
    Thirty, what did you think of that show overall, the Wildflowers hate aside? ;) I thought it was really fun - the crowd was really into it, which always makes a show way more fun (we should have met up for a beer).
    I loved it!

I saw him back in the late 80s (early 90s) so it wasn't my first time, but it may as well have been.
    I really need to hear All The Rest right now.
    edited October 2017
    ....... When it is not too soon to wonder about that Wildflowers reissue again? :confounded: Seriously not trying to be distasteful or insensitive, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who really REALLY wants to spin that masterpiece even more than before Tom passed away. And while we're on the subject, I wonder how the Heartbreakers are holding up? :frowning: I don't want to make a heartbroken comment, but.... This must be really tough for them, especially since they still have a full blown business to keep running, presumably.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    PJ_Soul said:
    ....... When it is not too soon to wonder about that Wildflowers reissue again? :confounded: Seriously not trying to be distasteful or insensitive, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who really REALLY wants to spin that masterpiece even more than before Tom passed away. And while we're on the subject, I wonder how the Heartbreakers are holding up? :frowning: I don't want to make a heartbroken comment, but.... This must be really tough for them, especially since they still have a full blown business to keep running, presumably.
    Yeah.  I think the expectation was that things would be slowing down after the 40th anniversary tour but I'm sure that is a lot different than stopping completely. 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I want it even more.... :bawling:
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    In time good people, in good time.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Well this will be bittersweet when it finally sees the light of day. Such a hard loss for RN'R fans. One of my favorite live bands.
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah.  I think the expectation was that things would be slowing down after the 40th anniversary tour but I'm sure that is a lot different than stopping completely. 
    Benmont Tench posted this quick note yesterday, this was nice to see in this rough time.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    I'm just getting into Tom Petty, what's the best album to begin with? Thanks :)
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Wildflowers, Full Moon Fever or even the greatest hits album is a great start.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Greatest Hits...There are  some really great lesser known tunes, but TP&HB are are really well represented by the singles. There should be a Vol 2.
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Wildflowers, Full Moon Fever or even the greatest hits album is a great start.
    DewieCox said:
    Greatest Hits...There are  some really great lesser known tunes, but TP&HB are are really well represented by the singles. There should be a Vol 2.
    Thanks, I'll look into those mentioned. 
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,955
    Gave this a play last night, such a good show. 

Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Ed covered Wildflowers last night