Tom Petty - Wildflowers - All The Rest

Comments

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I have a sealed original Highway Companion.
    PM if interested.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

PJ_Soul said:

Praying they are released individually too.

I'd prefer that too but would prob buy one of these boxsets if that was the only alternative.
    Agreed. I have all of the other LP's in that set except She's The One & would buy the whole thing just to spin that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    mfc2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'd prefer that too but would prob buy one of these boxsets if that was the only alternative.
    Agreed. I have all of the other LP's in that set except She's The One & would buy the whole thing just to spin that.
    Sound Stage Direct has a pre-order link available for She's The One individually :open_mouth: Not sure it it's really happening but here's to hoping!
    http://www.soundstagedirect.com/tom-petty-and-the-heartbreakers-shes-the-one-soundtrack-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    jjflash said:

mfc2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Sound Stage Direct has a pre-order link available for She's The One individually :open_mouth: Not sure it it's really happening but here's to hoping!
    http://www.soundstagedirect.com/tom-petty-and-the-heartbreakers-shes-the-one-soundtrack-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml
    That's been up for two years now- with no concrete release date in sight.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

jjflash said:

mfc2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

That's been up for two years now- with no concrete release date in sight.
    10-4, thanks. Two years+ .....that brings a whole new meaning to pre order, ha!
  • NormanNorman Posts: 109
    Bullmoose no longer has it up and soundstage direct has it discontinued.
    edited October 2016
    I pre-ordered the reissue of She's The One in June of 2014 from Acoustic Sounds. I emailed them asking for an update 6 months later. This was their response:
    "Hi Matt,
    Unfortunately, Warner hasn't given us a release date at this time.
    Thanks and have a great day!
    Karen "

So, I just emailed them again asking for an update. We'll see what they say. In case they don't have any new info, I asked for a refund. Bummer.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Norman said:

Bullmoose no longer has it up and soundstage direct has it discontinued.

Sigh.....
    From Hoffman forums:
    Not good. Listings for this on Bullmoose and Soundstage have been removed and labeled "Discontinued"
    Still up on Amazon but that's not saying much.

Warners asked them to remove until they can make the BIG announcment themselves. The Moose orders will still be filled.

VOLUME 1:
    http://store.tompetty.com/the-complete-studio-albums-volume-1-1976-1991.html
    VOLUME 2:
    http://store.tompetty.com/the-complete-studio-albums-volume-2-1994-2014.html

$260 each. I really hope that he releases them individually, because there are only 4 that I need to finish my collection. (Into The Great Wide Open, Echo, Last DJ & She's The One)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I may have to pick up that Volume 2.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited October 2016
    Here's some really good news: While the original releases of Wildflowers, Echo and Last DJ were mastered for vinyl from digital sources, for the 2016 box set release, they assembled the original analog masters for the first time, and mastered vinyl from that. According to Bellman, "the sound quality is especially better on these albums."

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/more-news-about-tom-petty-box-sets#5PfkH2B31kXywtzY.97
    Post edited by MedozK on
    MedozK said:

Here's some really good news: While the original releases of Wildflowers, Echo and Last DJ were mastered for vinyl from digital sources, for the 2016 box set release, they assembled the original analog masters for the first time, and mastered vinyl from that. According to Bellman, "the sound quality is especially better on these albums."

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/more-news-about-tom-petty-box-sets#5PfkH2B31kXywtzY.97

That's awesome!! By the way, I emailed their customer service asking if the albums would be released individually. This is their response:

"Hello Matt,

Thank you for contacting us! We do not have current plans for these reissues, but thank you for your email and your input. We will forward your message to our suggestion box.

Thank You!
    Brie "
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

That's awesome!! By the way, I emailed their customer service asking if the albums would be released individually. This is their response:

"Hello Matt,

Thank you for contacting us! We do not have current plans for these reissues, but thank you for your email and your input. We will forward your message to our suggestion box.

Thank You!
    Brie "
    :cry: That sucks. It really really sucks. I can't afford, nor do I even want, the full boxsets. But I really really really want two of the albums.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    PJ_Soul said:

mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

"Hello Matt,

Thank You!
    Brie "
    :cry: That sucks. It really really sucks. I can't afford, nor do I even want, the full boxsets. But I really really really want two of the albums.
    I guarantee these will be released individually.
    MedozK said:

PJ_Soul said:

mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

"Hello Matt,

Thank You!
    Brie "
    Okay! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    MedozK said:

PJ_Soul said:

mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

"Hello Matt,

Thank You!
    Brie "
    I hope so! I'm sure they have to say they won't release individual albums right now, or they would compromise their box set sales. But they're also running a business and it would ultimately be bad business to leave money on the table.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Vol 2 would complete my Petty/Heartbreakers discography, so I am definitely thinking about going that route in one easy shot.

Vol 2 would complete my Petty/Heartbreakers discography, so I am definitely thinking about going that route in one easy shot.

Same here. Well, almost. Still need Into The Great Wide Open
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    So are we going to get this expanded version of Wildflowers?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465

So are we going to get this expanded version of Wildflowers?

That's what I keep waiting on. I want to hear stuff I haven't heard before. That's more exciting than these reissues.
    Anyone have the Geffen Records 2016 version of the Greatest Hits LP? Wondering how the sound is, because it's on sale for $35 CAD on Amazon right now.
  • WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
    PJ_Soul said:

Anyone have the Geffen Records 2016 version of the Greatest Hits LP? Wondering how the sound is, because it's on sale for $35 CAD on Amazon right now.

It sounds fantastic! Every song is a hit, love it! Awesome for the vinyl person that has nothing in the collection already.
    WildFly said:

PJ_Soul said:

It sounds fantastic! Every song is a hit, love it! Awesome for the vinyl person that has nothing in the collection already.
    Thanks! Grabbed it. :) Now I just need Wildflowers, and I'll be satisfied.
    Can't wait for Volume 2 to arrive on 12/9!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Good podcast/interview posted on Rolling Stone where Andy Greene interviews Tom. Tom addresses interesting nuggets such as the Wildflowers boxset and possible theater!! tour (maybe later this year :prayer:; future solo records (perhaps no more); and what his 2017 looks like.

Listen here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rolling-stone-music-now-podcast-tom-petty-on-new-tour-w458620
    ^^^nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Tom Petty individual albums are up for pre-order. Note that Wildflowers is not yet available as a single album pre-order...hopefully this means the double album of it will see the light of day (sooner than later?!?) :grin:
    jjflash said:

Tom Petty individual albums are up for pre-order. Note that Wildflowers is not yet available as a single album pre-order...hopefully this means the double album of it will see the light of day (sooner than later?!?) :grin:

Very nice! I can honestly tell you all that these reissued sound AMAZING.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    From tour, etc update email sent out today from tompetty.com: "The classic Warner Bros Records album Wildflowers will be reissued at a later date."