Nine Inch Nails

Comments

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,887
    Went to their "Early Access Performance" last night. It was great to see NIN back in action and hear some of the new material live. "Less Than" was really good. They also did a really nice tribute to David Bowie and covered "I Can't Give Everything Away." Excited to see them again this weekend!
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,924
    kasedoug said:
    Went to their "Early Access Performance" last night. It was great to see NIN back in action and hear some of the new material live. "Less Than" was really good. They also did a really nice tribute to David Bowie and covered "I Can't Give Everything Away." Excited to see them again this weekend!
    Oh man, that's incredible. All of Blackstar is absolutely brilliant.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306

Question - Am I right that the NIN store has only released Deviations so far?  I have 3 other items that I ordered along with Deviations back in December that I have yet to receive.

Thanks.

If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    pearljim said:

Question - Am I right that the NIN store has only released Deviations so far?  I have 3 other items that I ordered along with Deviations back in December that I have yet to receive.

Thanks.

Correct, the others are due to ship some time this month.
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    pearljim said:

Thanks.

Correct, the others are due to ship some time this month.

Thank you.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,063
    I got my email that my Broken EP with the bonus 45 will ship in August.can't wait!
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Still nothing on the LPs and it is August.  Really disappointed with NIN store
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I purchased Deviations at Panorama festival last weekend and just listened to it for the first time today. It's likely not for everyone but it sounds amazing!!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    I ordered not the actual events, broken, and the fragile not long after they changed who handled their store.   No email updates or vinyl have arrived yet :(
    Zod said:
    I ordered not the actual events, broken, and the fragile not long after they changed who handled their store.   No email updates or vinyl have arrived yet :(
    Only Deviations has shipped.  Here's the email Trent sent out beginning of June.  The rest are due to ship soon, unless there's another hang-up.

DEAR NIN.COM VINYL CUSTOMER,

TWO APOLOGIES, A STATEMENT, AND A QUESTION.

APOLOGY 1:
    FIRST, AS SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW WE ARE CHANGING OUR FULFILLMENT PARTNER.  I HAVE NOT BEEN HAPPY WITH FIREBRAND FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS AND WE ARE NOW PARTNERING WITH SANDBAG.   I’M SORRY IT’S TAKEN AS LONG AS IT HAS TO MAKE THIS CHANGE, AND I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY AGGRAVATION YOU MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED ON THIS FRONT. YOUR SUPPORT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED AND I ASSURE YOU THERE’S BEEN AN EXTRAORDINARY AMOUNT OF SCREAMING DONE ON MY END.  YOU DESERVE BETTER.

APOLOGY 2:
    THE VINYL RELEASES FOR DEVIATIONS, NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS AND THE REISSUES HAVE BEEN DELAYED AS MANY OF YOU ARE AWARE.  THE BLAME FOR THIS LIES WITH ME AND MY TEAM.  WE RAN INTO A VARIETY OF QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES WITH THE AUDIO AND VARIOUS ASPECTS OF THE ARTWORK, THEN WE GOT OBSESSIVE ABOUT GETTING IT RIGHT.  AT SOME POINT THESE FUCKUPS STARTED TO ADD UP TO A SUBSTANTIAL DELAY THAT I WASN’T FULLY AWARE OF UNTIL RECENTLY.

AGAIN, I’M SORRY FOR THE DELAY HERE BUT THE INTENTION HAS BEEN TO GET THIS UNCOMPROMISINGLY RIGHT.

HERE’S THE UPDATED, ACCURATE (BARRING AN ACT OF GOD) TIMELINE FOR SHIPPING:

*   DEVIATIONS WILL SHIP AT THE END OF JUNE
    *   ALL OTHER TITLES WILL SHIP AT THE BEGINNING OF AUGUST

IF YOU HAVE ORDERED ANY OF THESE TITLES, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER HAS SHIPPED.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COMPLETE REFUND (KEEPING THE DIGITAL FILES), WE GET IT - CLICK HERE

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ORDER, OR WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT SANDBAG CUSTOMER SERVICE – CLICK HERE

ADDITIONALLY, EVERYONE WITH AN OUTSTANDING VINYL ORDER WILL RECEIVE A DISCOUNT CODE FOR 20% OFF YOUR NEXT PURCHASE.  THIS CODE IS GOOD FOR ONE USE AND UNIQUE TO YOU. YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR CODE VIA EMAIL IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

STATEMENT:
    WE ARE TAKING ALL MEASURES AVAILABLE TO MAKE SURE ANY PREORDERS FROM NIN.COM ARRIVE IN YOUR HANDS BEFORE THEY ARE AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE.  I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS WHEN THIS ISN’T THE CASE (LIKE WHAT JUST HAPPENED WITH BEFORE THE FLOOD).  I ASSUMED WE ALREADY HAD THIS PRACTICE IN PLACE, I WAS INCORRECT.

QUESTION:
    FINALLY, DID YOU KNOW THERE’S A NEW TOP-SECRET NINE INCH NAILS EP THAT WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE THE FIRST SHOWS WE DO THIS SUMMER?  DID YOU KNOW NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS WAS THE FIRST PART OF A TRILOGY OF RELATED EPS THAT WILL BE RELEASED ABOUT 6-8 MONTHS APART?  NOW YOU DO.
    MORE INFORMATION ON THIS SHORTLY…

THANK YOU.
    TRENT
  • We are moving at the end of the month.

Of course, not having my records in hand are a slightly bothersome and nagging concern.

The apology was nice, but this has been poor. It doesn't make me appreciate the music any less, but it sure has been a test of patience.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,026
    I'm still waiting on my refund.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • I'm still waiting on my refund.
    I deliberated going that route once given the option, but persisted given the flaws in my character.

They have even buggered that up, eh?
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I deliberated going that route once given the option, but persisted given the flaws in my character.

I just had them change my address since I moved in the middle of July.
    No worries there but the wait continues.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    I find pre-ordering to be a little too stressful when it comes to vinyl.  Unless there is a chance it could sell out I would just wait until you know they have their act together.
  • I find pre-ordering to be a little too stressful when it comes to vinyl.  Unless there is a chance it could sell out I would just wait until you know they have their act together.
    NIN has been about as bad as they could have been short of simply packing up shop and not issuing refunds.

They were quick to mail out that black powder crap that stood as some form of joke though.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,026

I asked for a refund on July 14th, I have two different orders.  So far, I've received a refund for one of the orders, last week.  I'm still waiting for a refund on the second.  And that's after multiple emails.  Very disappointed in this process.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,823
    I want these records so I'm willing to wait. I have other shit to listen to in the meantime. 
    But yeah, they probably should have waited until Test Pressings were approved or they had the final records in hand (which I guess is tough because they were trying to gauge demand). 
    I'm curious as to how these will sound. There was so much shit talked about the DR of the new "definitive" mixes, it's possible Trent walked back the brickwalling for the vinyl and that meant new cuts. We'll see I guess. 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    got shipping for my vinyl orders
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • got shipping for my vinyl orders
    Wow.

Okay. Kind of excited.
    Got shipping conf for my Add Violence physical component, but nothing on the vinyl yet.
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,063
    I got my deviations 1 4LP vinyl and it was horribly packaged in a used record mailer with no padding or anything and the corners and everything got all bent up I emailed them to ask for a replacement sleeve or replacement good luck with that
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,395
    Anyone going to see them at Riot Fest next month in Chicago?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Anyone going to see them at Riot Fest next month in Chicago?
    I am thinking about it.  I would prefer not to see them at a festival but haven't seen them before, and timing isn't great. 

Anyone know  if they are planning a tour for next year?   
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 897
    Is anyone still waiting for shipment of ntae ep on vinyl?
    rw160510 said:
    Is anyone still waiting for shipment of ntae ep on vinyl?
    Yep, waiting on everything that went up in December except for Deviations.
    They have been shipping for the past week. So be on the lookout. 

• rw160510rw160510 Posts: 897
    Cool. Thanks, I had seen a few people say that they had shipped and was wondering if they had missed me. Given the mess this has been I was getting a bit twitchy :)