Nine Inch Nails

PearlrevolverPearlrevolver Posts: 56
edited November 2007 in Other Music
It just keeps getting better!!!!

NINE INCH NAILS: 'Survivalism' Single To Go For Radio Adds In Early March - Feb. 13, 2007

According to FMQB, NINE INCH NAILS' new single, "Survivalism", will arrive at radio on February 27, with an add date of March 6. The group's new album, "Year Zero", which is due on April 17, will reportedly be the first of two concept albums, with the second CD expected sometime in 2008.

"Year Zero" track listing:

01. Hyperpower!
02. The Beginning of the End
03. Survivalism
04. The Good Soldier
05. Vessel
06. Me, I'm Not
07. Capital G
08. My Violent Heart
09. The Warning
10. God Given
11. Meet Your Master
12. The Greater Good
13. The Great Destroyer
14. Another Version of the Truth
15. In This Twilight
16. Zero-Sum

NINE INCH NAILS filmed a video in the Los Angeles area last week for "Survivalism". Mainman Trent Reznor described the new album in a recent interview with England's Kerrang! magazine as "a collage of sound type of thing, not heavy in a metal guitar kind of way." He added, "With this record I feel a lot less concerned about what people think about it — especially the dying record industry. I couldn't care less about that right now." Reznor also revealed that the new effort is a concept album and "part of a bigger picture of a number of things I'm working on. Essentially I wrote the soundtrack to a movie that doesn't exist."

NINE INCH NAILS will release a DVD called "Beside You In Time" on February 27. The disc documents the band's tour in support of 2005's "With Teeth".
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    That sounds interesting. Was "With Teeth"any good? Never got around to getting that one.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    from hiphopsite.com -

Insiders have revealed that hip-hop inspired poet, Saul Williams, has involvement in the forthcoming Nine Inch Nails LP, Year Zero, dropping this April. Joining Trent Reznor and company on tour last year, Saul has become extended family to the group, lending background vocals on the album's first single, "Survivalism". In turn, Trent is producing tracks with Saul Williams for Saul's next project... In other news, Reznor appears on the upcoming single "Flyentology" from El-P's I'll Sleep When Your Dead, due this March on Definitive Jux. Jux is collaborating with Adult Swim, who will animate the video for the song
    NERDS!
  • Y34RZ3R0R3MIX3D (Year Zero Remixed) comes out tomorrow. I listened to the 30 sec previews on Amazon and the tracks sound great, I can't wait for this release!

Anybody else excited? What are your thoughts?
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Jammin909 wrote:
    Y34RZ3R0R3MIX3D (Year Zero Remixed) comes out tomorrow. I listened to the 30 sec previews on Amazon and the tracks sound great, I can't wait for this release!

Anybody else excited? What are your thoughts?
    I haven't heard them but I'm not very excited about. I love NIN, but I wish Trent spent more time on making new music than on remixing previously released material. Just my preference.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    oktacoma wrote:
    I haven't heard them but I'm not very excited about. I love NIN, but I wish Trent spent more time on making new music than on remixing previously released material. Just my preference.

Oh I think he is - the remix album (I have it and like it) is in part to satisfy his last album requirement with Interscope. He's independent now, and has stated that he's working on new material. Also some of the remixing is done by others. There's some good tracks on it, definitely worth hearing and nice to compare to the originals.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Hi,

I'am GREAT fan of NIN, trent wants to change the industry, they have a little same felling that Pearl Jam, they concerned by the their fans and the art of music.. So, in the remix of Year Zero, there is some material remixed by the fans them self. Ihave two hero : Eddie and Trent...if the industry and the art will be aviable for all.... it is because of them. Thank's guy!!!

ART IS RESISTENCE...
  • I was just thinking about this album today. Feels like we are approaching a real Year Zero. All the subjects covered in this album are becoming reality. Nut job presidential candidate, corruption, gun violence, climate driven disasters etc. I remember Trent was considering a mini series or movie based on this album. Why bother when you can just turn on the nightly news and watch it play out daily. Hope I'm wrong but I fear Year Zero is almost unavoidable in our near future. I might break this album out tomorrow just for kicks.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    Listening to Pretty Hate Machine for the first time in a long time today. This album is killer. Still holds up.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732

Listening to Pretty Hate Machine for the first time in a long time today. This album is killer. Still holds up.

Really? I've had this discussion with others and I find it sounding very dated. It screams 80's with the synth drum beats.

Now the next two albums on the other hand are GREAT!

I will say that PHM songs live are better than the album. A band does bring the songs more depth.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,830

Really? I've had this discussion with others and I find it sounding very dated. It screams 80's with the synth drum beats.

Now the next two albums on the other hand are GREAT!

I will say that PHM songs live are better than the album. A band does bring the songs more depth.
    Totally agree, PHM is still a solid record, but very dated sound-wise. The leap he took when he made TDS is pretty incredible, it's hard to believe that record is 23 years old!

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • UnthoughtNameUnthoughtName Posts: 192
    edited June 2017
    Does anyone have any info on the orders that were placed in November (?) for the reissues? I haven't heard a single thing about it. 

Post edited by UnthoughtName on
    Settings > Signature Settings > Hide Signatures Always
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Does anyone have any info on the orders that were placed in November (?) for the reissues? I haven't heard a single thing about it. 

Looks like emails are going out regarding the situation. :wink:
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795
    edited June 2017
    From the latest twin peaks episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QczxCxFRUf0
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Looks like Trent is cheesing it up for the camera with his George Michael-look and acting. But great :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,823
    Got my shipping notification for Deviations. Excited. 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    just got shipping notification for Deviations 1
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,577
    Anyone from Europe ordered Deviations? Has anybody from EU got their shipping confirmation? Do they ship them from US or UK as well? 
    https://store-uk.nin.com/collections/music
    New music within the hour.
    "If the people pushing the buttons push the right buttons, you should be able to hear something brand new within the hour."
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    Really like the new song.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Really like the new song.
    X2
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,887
    Looking forward to seeing how the new stuff comes across live in 10 days.
  • Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    Just announced a warm up show for next Wednesday in Bakersfield, CA. Looks like all tickets are $35 - 2 per person. Tix on sale tomorrow morning.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,395
    Chris1401 said:
    Just announced a warm up show for next Wednesday in Bakersfield, CA. Looks like all tickets are $35 - 2 per person. Tix on sale tomorrow morning.
    Wish it was closer to Los Angeles....difficult to get there on a Wednesday.   Looking forward to seeing them at FYF next weekend!
  • Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Chris1401 said:
    Wish it was closer to Los Angeles....difficult to get there on a Wednesday.   Looking forward to seeing them at FYF next weekend!
    2 hour drive each way on a Wednesday night is the best. I drove down to the forum for TOTD on a Monday I think and it was brutal. Wife wasn't happy!
    I miss the days (2007) when NIN came and toured sweden two times in one summer. The first show, in the spring, when they didn't have the screens and just the warm lightbulbs was so raw and great. The second time the (bigger) arena was half empty and even though they the setlist was amazing (Dead Souls!) the screens and stuff made it less intimate.
    Early download of the new EP to those that pre-ordered.  Check your email.