Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• stu gee wrote:
    I think they have got progressively worse to be honest, and if nick isnt playing then i cant see them improving really. Still a really great band though, on the basis of their first 3 albums.

Absoultely agree...their three first albums are essencial for them and for us. Anyway, I don´t think they went worse lately, they are doing new things...different things...

Greetings from Argentina
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    intodeep wrote:
    Nick was asked to leave the band before the making of the latest album. I like lullabyes quite a bit but I agree after Rated R each album has been a little of a let down, but i love all 4 of their albums.

Why did he get asked to leave do you know?
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Punching women, beating up a sound guy during a show. Cocaine is a hell of drug.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    cc10106 wrote:
    with nick, they were probably the best rock group around. yeah, that's right.

FUCK YA.

Why do people not like SFTD???
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    I still nearly cry every time I listen to Like Clockwork...it's that good! I'm confident they won't disappoint.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    FrankY59 said:

I still nearly cry every time I listen to Like Clockwork...it's that good! I'm confident they won't disappoint.

Me too! By far the best album of 2015 IMO (that was the year, right?), and I have really high expectation for the upcoming one. I hope they're met! I suspect they will be. Can't wait!!!!!!!!! This is my most anticipated album right now, by far.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited March 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

FrankY59 said:

Me too! By far the best album of 2015 IMO (that was the year, right?), and I have really high expectation for the upcoming one. I hope they're met! I suspect they will be. Can't wait!!!!!!!!! This is my most anticipated album right now, by far.
    2013 and yes, it was the best. Everything about it was done right. Great 45 vinyl release and packaging. I had always been a somewhat fan of them until that album. Completely blew me away. Instant rock classic.
    edited March 2017
    tbergs said:

PJ_Soul said:

FrankY59 said:

2013 and yes, it was the best. Everything about it was done right. Great 45 vinyl release and packaging. I had always been a somewhat fan of them until that album. Completely blew me away. Instant rock classic.
    2013?! :confounded: I'm disturbed by how much more recent it seems to me, lol. I remember the first time I put it on my turntable... because I didn't know it was a 45 LP and thought there was something seriously wrong with my turntable for at least a few minutes before it clicked in my brain. :lol:

Remember this super cool promo film for the album? So awesome - everything about the album is this truly a work of art. They never took their eyes off the ball for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f49yRhJ0NjI
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I sat by the ocean
    And drank a potion, baby to erase you
    Face down in the boulevard yet I couldn't face you
    There ain't no use in cryin'
    It doesn't change anything, so baby what good does it do?
    Your friends they'll sympathize, maybe I don't need them to
    Imagine I'd be your one and only
    Instead I'm the lonely one
    You, me, and a lie
    Silence is closer
    We're passing ships in the night
    There's nowhere to run away
    Said, 'Boy if you want love, you'll have to go and find it with someone new'
    'Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it's really you'?
    Lies are a funny thing
    They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you
    Time wounds…
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    PJ_Soul said:

tbergs said:

PJ_Soul said:

FrankY59 said:

2013?! :confounded: I'm disturbed by how much more recent it seems to me, lol. I remember the first time I put it on my turntable... because I didn't know it was a 45 LP and thought there was something seriously wrong with my turntable for at least a few minutes before it clicked in my brain. :lol:

Remember this super cool promo film for the album? So awesome - everything about the album is this truly a work of art. They never took their eyes off the ball for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f49yRhJ0NjI
    I completely forgot about this! So awesome. Something about the sound of this album that resonates and is unique. Truly should go down as one of the best rock albums ever.
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    They are playing a festival in Australia late July...Hopefully new music out before then.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    Awesome, I can't wait for this album. How anyone couldn't like Era Vulgaris & .......Like Clockwork is beyond me, those albums are masterpieces IMO (as are SFTD, R & the self titled)

Does anyone else get chills from "I appear missing"? It's creepy enough on its own, but after hearing the story of how he flatlined during surgery makes it infinitely creepier IMO.
    https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/josh_homme_i_didnt_want_to_play_music_anymore_because_i_died_on_an_operating_table.html

JH has become my favorite individual songwriter from the last 15 years, hands down. He has an awesome unique style no one else can touch.

Long live QOTSA!!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362

Does anyone else get chills from "I appear missing"? It's creepy enough on its own, but after hearing the story of how he flatlined during surgery makes it infinitely creepier IMO.
    https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/josh_homme_i_didnt_want_to_play_music_anymore_because_i_died_on_an_operating_table.html

Long live QOTSA!!!
    "I Appear Missing" may be one of my all time favorite songs....the truth in the lyrics, the groove, how the song keeps building & the harmonies are beyond amazing.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

Long live QOTSA!!!
    "I Appear Missing" may be one of my all time favorite songs....the truth in the lyrics, the groove, how the song keeps building & the harmonies are beyond amazing.
    There's so much to it, and behind it, it's such an amazing song........ I agree.
    Easily one of my all time favorite tunes.
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    The record they recently did with Iggy Pop a great treat for QOTSA fans. Them Crooked Vultures record was awesome too. Love the guitars on this song and Josh's great backing vocals.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtVFAO1PQ3Q

The record they recently did with Iggy Pop a great treat for QOTSA fans. Them Crooked Vultures record was awesome too. Love the guitars on this song and Josh's great backing vocals.

Ha, I was listening to both in the last few days.

Gardenia: I love his variations on the harmonies for "what to do tonight" - it's different every time! His guitar work / songwriting on PPD is awesome as usual.

TCV....... man how I wish that band was able to do more. Reptiles, Scumbag Blues, Elephants & more, that album was so f'ing good.

I caught one show for each (PPD & TCV) and I'm at the point where I'll pretty much buy a ticket for any show JH is playing in my area. He's never let me down in 7 shows w/ 3 different acts.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,887
    mfc2006 said:

Long live QOTSA!!!
    "I Appear Missing" was instantly my favorite song from ....Like Clockwork upon first listen and seeing it played live during the show they played for NPR. Only wish they would play it more often as I only saw it live once out of 5 gigs I saw in support of the album.

Can't wait for new QOTSA music.
    edited April 2017

Yes, Post Pop Depression is especially awesome.
    Imo, everything that JH touches is incredible. That is why when people make that suggestiin of him producing the next PJ album, I can't help but get excited about the idea, even though there is basically no chance that will happen.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:

...when people make thatnsuggestiin of him pr9ducing the next PJ album, I can't help but get excited about the idea, even though there is basically no chance that will happen.

OMG, that would be the shit!

PJ_Soul said:

...when people make thatnsuggestiin of him pr9ducing the next PJ album, I can't help but get excited about the idea, even though there is basically no chance that will happen.

OMG, that would be the shit!
    I think it would be great if they'd switch producers on the next album. Could be a great change for everyone.

And Yes, love that Them Crooked Cultures album too.
    kasedoug said:

mfc2006 said:

Long live QOTSA!!!
    "I Appear Missing" was instantly my favorite song from ....Like Clockwork upon first listen and seeing it played live during the show they played for NPR. Only wish they would play it more often as I only saw it live once out of 5 gigs I saw in support of the album.

I love that song, but I would have an impossible time picking my favorite of that album. So many awesome songs.
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    kasedoug said:

mfc2006 said:

Long live QOTSA!!!

I can put that song on repeat and never press stop.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,887
    Confirmed for Outside Lands in August. Looking forward to new music and more shows, hopefully.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    Hope they have a decent follow up to Clockwork.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    You guys heard any Kyuss? Homme's band before QOTSA. So good, quite a lot different than QOTSA, but just as good I'd say..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
    reesdog said:

You guys heard any Kyuss? Homme's band before QOTSA. So good, quite a lot different than QOTSA, but just as good I'd say..

It's a good band. But honestly, they never quite worked for me. I tired several times to get into them but I guess for me, QOTSA is that much better.