Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    CopperTom said:
    Can you be in Group 1 and Group 2 just in case you get shut out during Group 1?
    No, and I highly doubt you would get shut out. They are about 4 other pre-sales before public on sale.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    FrankY59 said:
    Ok I ordered Deluxe AND Indie...deluxe is on 180g and produced at Palla FYI.  

Where does it confirm that I am in Group 1 and not 2?  They are coming to the Fox...awesome!!!
    If you have the deluxe of Like Clockwork this deluxe is the same quality and pressing plant. And Like Clockwork is about the best sounding pressing I've heard the last several years. It was also a 45.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,887
    I pre-ordered this morning and also registered separately, where it put me in Group 2. After a few hours, it looks like they verified my order and moved me up to group 1.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    kasedoug said:
    I pre-ordered this morning and also registered separately, where it put me in Group 2. After a few hours, it looks like they verified my order and moved me up to group 1.
    That's good to hear. Hoping they bump me up as well. The site was crazy glitchy while trying to pre-order. I grabbed the indie lp & will be going to the KC show.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,924
    mfc2006 said:
    kasedoug said:
    That's good to hear. Hoping they bump me up as well. The site was crazy glitchy while trying to pre-order. I grabbed the indie lp & will be going to the KC show.
    Did you use the link from the Verified Fan link posted here? The terms specified you need to access it from there. I purchased that way, and refreshed and it's showing me in Group One!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,621
    benjs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    kasedoug said:
    Did you use the link from the Verified Fan link posted here? The terms specified you need to access it from there. I purchased that way, and refreshed and it's showing me in Group One!
    Same here, it took a few hours but the confirmation email came and I got bumped up. The feel good tour of the summer!
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• I just bought an album in hopes of getting tix through the presale. Havent yet received my new group email.  I just hope the password still works for the Port Chester NY show b/c its a ticketfly venue, and not ticketmaster. Anyone have experience with this?
    I just bought an album in hopes of getting tix through the presale. Havent yet received my new group email.  I just hope the password still works for the Port Chester NY show b/c its a ticketfly venue, and not ticketmaster. Anyone have experience with this?
    My venue is Ticketfly as well. I guess we'll find out as it gets closer.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    kasedoug said:
    I just bought an album in hopes of getting tix through the presale. Havent yet received my new group email.  I just hope the password still works for the Port Chester NY show b/c its a ticketfly venue, and not ticketmaster. Anyone have experience with this?
    I think you'll be transferred to the TicketFly website thru TicketMaster...I just bought tickets for The Magpie Salute show in Indy and had that happen to me!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    edited June 2017
    benjs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    kasedoug said:
    Sweet! Just refreshed & I'm in group 1!

thanks for the heads up, @benjs
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

Mine just switched over to Group 1 for the Columbus show!
    Had issues in checkout earlier, but finally got thru & ordered the vinyl about an hour ago.
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    RS151862 said:
    benjs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    kasedoug said:
    Same here, it took a few hours but the confirmation email came and I got bumped up. The feel good tour of the summer!
    Same..... I'm now in group 1. I'm really excited for this

This is the best opener / headliner combo that I've seen since Tomahawk opened for Tool 15 years ago. 
    derbydave said:

Had issues in checkout earlier, but finally got thru & ordered the vinyl about an hour ago.
    Site was definitely having issues. It took me about an hour to finally finish my order.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,199
    Really liking the new tune.  Bummed that their only Chicago date is at Riot Fest.  I keep missing out on all these bands because they all play Riot Fest and Lollapalooza...brutal.
    Yes. This shit is getting real old, real fast.
    tbergs said:
    derbydave said:

Site was definitely having issues. It took me about an hour to finally finish my order.
    I saved about $10 in shipping charges by waiting too...
    for some reason, I only had the $15 Priority Mail & $36 Overnight delivery options when I tried to purchase the record earlier today.
    The $4 Media Mail option was available when I finally placed my order!!

derbydave said:
    The $4 Media Mail option was available when I finally placed my order!!

Ugh. I got hit with the $15 UPS shipping. Wonder if they'll let me change it to Media Mail.
  • derbydave said:
    kasedoug said:
    I think you'll be transferred to the TicketFly website thru TicketMaster...I just bought tickets for The Magpie Salute show in Indy and had that happen to me!!
    Thanks Dave and kase 

We should be fine. Got the below response from qotsa site

Hi

I bought the cd in hopes of getting tix through the presale for the Port Chester NY show.

Even though its not a ticketmaster venue, will my password still work on ticketfly?

thanks!

Yes, all shows listed under this presale will be a part of this system. If you are in Group 1 for Port Chester, you'll get access to the same timeslot for tickets as everyone else in Group 1 for that specific show, don't worry.

Thanks,
    Strobe Labs

--
    Strobe Labs
    [email protected]

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Where does it tell you what group you're in, the email confirmation?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    RS151862 said:
    I ordered from Matador by clicking on the top left link on the main QOTSA page. 

I then went to check my group & I'm in group 2. 

The f? 
    Did you get a confirmation email yet? I ordered the same way, no email and still group 2.. 
    I have an email confirmation from purchasing a bundle but it doesn't mention any type of group.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,621
    JK_Livin said:
    RS151862 said:

The f? 
    Did you get a confirmation email yet? I ordered the same way, no email and still group 2.. 
    I have an email confirmation from purchasing a bundle but it doesn't mention any type of group.
    Go to this link...

https://qotsa.me/2t6EPA4

Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

RS151862 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    RS151862 said:

The f? 
    Go to this link...

Ok. I just did it but I ordered the album from the their site yesterday not through that link. Do they connect the dots?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    RS151862 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    RS151862 said:

The f? 
    Go to this link...

Ok. I just did it but I ordered the album from the their site yesterday not through that link. Do they connect the dots?
    Looks like that Is the case based on an answer in their FAQ'S.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,613
    In Group 1 for the Boston show... hoping to score Portland, ME and Cleveland tickets as well
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    In Group 1 for the Boston show... hoping to score Portland, ME and Cleveland tickets as well
    Argh..... I want to do Portland too, IDK if I can handle the b2b nights anymore. 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,889
    I love that they are playing the little State theater here in Portland in between 2 arenas.  Tickets will be tough to get.  Fired up for October!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    I followed all the prompts on the QOTSA website and was pretty easy to get into the first group.   I only bought a CD.  Red Rocks would be cool.  
    If anyone ends up with an extra ticket for Red Rocks, please let me know. Have always wanted to see one of my favorite bands at that venue, and this double bill with QOTSA & Royal Blood has me wanting to make the trip.
    Good luck to everyone with the shows that you're going after!
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,133
    There's tons of links floating around for the deluxe version for fairly cheap- I just found it less than $40 shipped.  FYI up until a few days ago you could still get the Like Clockwork deluxe edition for $16, so this will most lkely be very similar and we'll see them all over the place ace for cheap as hell in a little while.

@PJ_Soul the deluxe is on 180 gram and pressed at Pallas.  It also has 14 special art prints or something with it ( not a big + for me) but in my research I've found that Like Clockwork's deluxe edition had to most people better sound than the standard version.   The difference in price actually won't be that much, many are guessing $5-$10 when all is said and done, so you probably chose wisely in getting the deluxe although your price does seem pretty high compared to links and discussions I've read.

vinylcollective and vinylmeplease forums both have lots of chatter about this FYI.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Aren't the only differences between the different Clockworks the color of the gatefold? Pretty sure they're all the same 45rpm pressing.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,133
    DewieCox said:
    Aren't the only differences between the different Clockworks the color of the gatefold? Pretty sure they're all the same 45rpm pressing.
    Deluxe was pressed at Pallas regular was pressed at MPO
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.