• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    tbergs said:
    Toothless idiots.

BS, care to explain this away?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Asylum-seeking Syrian family crosses into Quebec from U.S. early Saturday
    Number of refugees crossing through the woods to Quebec surged in January, Canada Border Services says

The young Syrian family dragged luggage and pushed a stroller with their daughter inside through the snow in about -15C weather. Their girl is about three years old.

According to the Canada Border Service Agency, the number of asylum seekers recently has surged, from 46 claims filed in January 2014 in Quebec to 452 this January.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/asylum-seeking-syrian-family-crosses-into-quebec-from-u-s-early-saturday-1.3978598
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2017

unsung said:

Right is feeding me? Sorry bud, I don't watch TV.

I fully support a ban, based on home country. It is long overdue and hasn't gone far enough.

But I am also the guy that would eliminate all foreign aid and bring our troops home. All of them.

I see you didn't address any of the other content that proved you were incorrect.
    HFD, why bother?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I never thought I would see the day families would risk their health to flee from the US to Canada.

After all these people have been through. It's shameful.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Hopefully they just scrap this policy and rewrite it to include many more countries. We don't need to be importing our demise.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    unsung said:

Hopefully they just scrap this policy and rewrite it to include many more countries. We don't need to be importing our demise.

Importing our demise???

LOL

The right wing is full of snowflakes scared of their own shadow. Bunch of wussies scared of anybody that isn't a white male holding a bible
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    my2hands said:

unsung said:

Importing our demise???

LOL

The right wing is full of snowflakes scared of their own shadow. Bunch of wussies scared of anybody that isn't a white male holding a bible
    No doubt about it!

The demise of the white race is imminent! :dizzy:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    rgambs said:

my2hands said:

unsung said:

Importing our demise???

LOL

No doubt about it!

The demise of the white race is imminent! :dizzy:
    Maybe the fear stems from the understanding that we basically annihilated and then isolated the Native American population in our quest to establish the great U.S.A. Of course now, there's a realization that what's to stop something like that from happening again if you don't hold the majority population. It's all about survival and there's is a deep seeded hate for the excess of our country so many are fearful the great American dream could be destroyed.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Islam is a political system and they have the intent on invading the country and bankrupting it through the billions we give them for subsidies. Go read the FBI report on the subject.

You want them here? No subsidies.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    unsung said:

Islam is a political system and they have the intent on invading the country and bankrupting it through the billions we give them for subsidies. Go read the FBI report on the subject.

as a matter of fact, I don't want them here at all.

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929

unsung said:

I had no idea.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:

unsung said:

I had no idea.
    LOL ! yeah I usually keep that sort thing to myself.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    unsung said:

You think subsidies to Islamic refugees is going to bankrupt the country? You think they are coming to this country as part of a diabolical plan to welfare us to death?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    benjs said:

unsung said:

I had no idea.
    :rofl:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

You think subsidies to Islamic refugees is going to bankrupt the country? You think they are coming to this country as part of a diabolical plan to welfare us to death?
    Well the FBI did, so I am inclined to believe it could be a credible threat.
    unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

Well the FBI did, so I am inclined to believe it could be a credible threat.
    I don't know about this FBI report, but surely (shirley) you see the absurdity of that as a plan.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

He saw it on the internet.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

That and they plan to make us all fat with their hummus and couscous and pita bread.

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

you folks only see what you want to see, why don't you take in a few refugees and show them your kindness then get back to us and let us know how it worked out..... I'm sure they'll respect your beliefs and treat you like family.... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

you folks only see what you want to see, why don't you take in a few refugees and show them your kindness then get back to us and let us know how it worked out..... I'm sure they'll respect your beliefs and treat you like family.... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!

Hahaha...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/man-who-hated-muslims-refugees-omaha_us_589ca5d0e4b04061313c13f0

“I hated Muslims.”

That’s what John Dutcher, a 61-year-old house cleaner in Omaha, Nebraska, recently admitted in interviews with both The Washington Post and KETV.

He told the Post that he had been “one of those guys who would want to put a pig’s head on a mosque.” (Pork-based hate crimes targeting Muslims are common in the U.S., including in Omaha.) And he’d “sneer at” women wearing headscarfs or hijabs, he said to KETV ― even though he had never actually met a Muslim person before.

Then six families of refugees, including from Syria and Afghanistan, moved into his apartment building. They were Muslim.

His previous neighbors had been loud, messy drug addicts, and Dutcher found living next to the refugee families a surprising relief.

They took the hatred out of me. I never knew how badly somebody could hate someone they don’t even know.
    John Dutcher
    He learned about their harrowing stories escaping war-torn countries, and slowly but surely, his feelings about Islam and Muslims warmed.

“The Muslims here were all about family and they just loved everyone,” Dutcher told the Post. “I remember the people who lived here before; they took for granted everything this country gave them. These people, they really changed my heart.”

“After three months of being here, they all have jobs, they all have cars, their kids are going to school,” he told KETV.

The KETV segment features a refugee aid worker describing how helpful Dutcher has been to the families and shows footage of him playing with smiling refugee children.

And in an especially powerful moment, Dutcher describes how his new neighbors have changed him.

“They took the hatred out of me,” he says, tears welling up in his eyes. “I never knew how badly somebody could hate someone they don’t even know.”

KETV
    A University of Maryland poll found that nearly 40 percent of Americans don’t have a favorable view of Muslims; the Public Research Religion Institute determined that 56 percent think Islam isn’t compatible with American values.

And 26 percent of Americans think Islam should be illegal in the U.S., according to a 2015 survey from Public Policy Polling. Another 21 percent said they weren’t sure if the religion, which is the second largest in the world, should be illegal here.

Americans also tend to overestimate how many Muslims are in the U.S. ― a misperception, experts contend, that is driven largely by Islamophobia. A survey released in December revealed that people think there are 54 million Muslims in America, when in fact there are about 3 million.

There are likely a lot of reasons for Americans’ dim view of Muslims: the deliberate spread of misinformation and conspiracy theories by a multimillion-dollar Islamophobia industry; Hollywood’s negative portrayal of Muslims; politicians turning Muslims into scapegoats; and the disproportionate news coverage of terrorism, which the media often defines exclusively as a problem of Islam.

But there’s also evidence that Americans’ hatred of Muslims is derived from the simple fact that, like Dutcher, most Americans don’t know their Muslim neighbors.

A Pew Research Center survey from 2014 found that 62 percent of Americans don’t personally know someone who is Muslim. That same survey found that people who did were more likely to have a favorable view of Muslims generally.

As Dutcher’s story highlights, it’s a lot easier to hate a people you don’t know. And it’s a lot easier to support a president who thinks “Islam hates us.” Dutcher voted for Donald Trump, but is now rethinking things.

“I like him, but I don’t like the way he’s carried out this ban,” he told the Post about the president’s executive order barring certain refugees and immigrants from entering the U.S. “I didn’t think he’d make a blunder so fast.”

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

your fear runs so deep you don't even know what the fuck you are saying anymore.

yep, he's doing a great job. he's MAGA (Making America German Again).
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

your fear runs so deep you don't even know what the fuck you are saying anymore.

sure thing Canadian, actually I have very little fear..kind of weird really but not much can make me run.

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

sure thing Canadian, actually I have very little fear..kind of weird really but not much can make me run.

But the moose-lambs make you squirm, eh? How many have you met? Have you ever invited a family over to get to know them a little? Have you ever interacted with any at work? If you did, you would have discovered that they are humans, exactly like you. Exactly as that old man in the article discovered.

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

*he says directly after posting his fear about refugees*
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

The fact that Hugh is Canadian is completely irrelevant. Trump's actions will affect everyone in the world.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mfc2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

The fact that Hugh is Canadian is completely irrelevant. Trump's actions will affect everyone in the world.
    No, we live in a walled off bubble and can survive on our own, even though one of the world's biggest agriculture providers is being cut off in an act of vengeance.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    mfc2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

many americans don't understand this. they are perfectly fine with the US fucking over the world, but when someone comes back and is concerned with that policy, it's none of our fucking business. and it goes beyond that, I have friends and family in the US. anyone who only gives a shit about people within their own borders are selfish shitheads.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD