Russia's Influence On The American Election

Post everything related to the influence Russia may have had on the American election here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/09/us/obama-russia-election-hack.html

Comments

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Let's eat it right up. It's all their fault!!!!
  • Zero
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Free said:

Maybe you missed the "may have had" part. If you have any evidence to the contrary of their possible involvement, feel free to post it here.

Whether you like it or not, this is a huge story.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016
    Now we're talking in "may have hads"?
    Some people just can't accept the loss and are still in mourning.

Now we're talking in "may have hads"?
    Some people just can't accept the loss and are still in mourning.

Yeah, that's what we do here....we talk about current events.

Go troll somewhere else.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dignin said:

Free said:

Maybe you missed the "may have had" part. If you have any evidence to the contrary of their possible involvement, feel free to post it here.

Whether you like it or not, this is a huge story.
    While the unnamed CIA source details a "consensus view" the washington post article itself actually shows the absence of evidence.

“do not have specific intelligence showing officials in the Kremlin ‘directing’ the identified individuals to pass the Democratic emails to WikiLeaks"

So while assumptions are made there is actually very little "there there".

I'm sure you have read the whole thing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-orders-review-of-russian-hacking-during-presidential-campaign/2016/12/09/31d6b300-be2a-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html?utm_term=.3b5068182693
    dignin said:
    He should mock it because the concept that Hillary lost "because of" hacking is mockable. That doesn't mean hacking didn't occur but the idea that there is a straight line from that hack to Clinton's loss is silly. The rust belt didn't flip because of the Russians.
    edited December 2016
    dignin said:

From the article “These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction,” Mr. Trump’s team said, adding that the election was over and that it was time to “move on.”

This latest current event will pass like grease on Teflon.

dignin said:

From the article “These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction,” Mr. Trump’s team said, adding that the election was over and that it was time to “move on.”

The AMT is all over the place with it's faith in the CIA.
    edited December 2016
    ^^^
    This election has scattered all the libs/radlibs. (and a lot on AMT)
    They have no refuge and don't know how to function anymore.
    They are becoming delusional.
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:
    He should mock it because the concept that Hillary lost "because of" hacking is mockable. That doesn't mean hacking didn't occur but the idea that there is a straight line from that hack to Clinton's loss is silly. The rust belt didn't flip because of the Russians.
    You are missing the point. This is about an outside force influencing the American election (according to the CIA). Not about who won or lost.

You are on the wrong side if you think this shouldn't be investigated. Go where the evidence leads you. If they find nothing, great, we can move on. Trump outright dismissing it is, not surprisingly, bad judgment.
    Where is the advocacy to see Obama get tough and/or respond to Russia? I have been calling for more resolve on the Putin thread way before this hacking event ever took place. It makes me wonder if anybody really cares about Russian aggression. The truth is that on the AMT it is the American right that is enemy number one and Russia is only of interest in how it may have helped in it's ascendence.
    edited December 2016
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

The AMT is all over the place with it's faith in the CIA.
    So your argument is that the CIA has been wrong before, therefore they are always wrong? Got ya, that sounds like the smart path.

Guess Trump should just eliminate the CIA altogether.
    Post edited by dignin on
    edited December 2016
    ^^^
    You are pushing an investigation on what?
    Unless you have something why investigate?
    How about you start by saying how you think (not what the news says) Russia was involved.

questioning is not trolling
    The CIA has concluded in a secret assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump win the presidency, rather than just to undermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system, according to officials briefed on the matter.

The CIA shared its latest assessment with key senators in a closed-door briefing on Capitol Hill last week, in which agency officials cited a growing body of intelligence from multiple sources. Agency briefers told the senators it was now “quite clear” that electing Trump was Russia’s goal, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-orders-review-of-russian-hacking-during-presidential-campaign/2016/12/09/31d6b300-be2a-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_russiahack-745p:homepage/story&utm_term=.12269174754f
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    This is an issue that should cut beyond partisanship, particularly if you are an American citizen. If there is even a chance that a foreign government involved itself and influenced our election OF COURSE that possibility should be investigated. It shouldn't matter who won or who lost. Instead we quickly retreat to our safe, happy corners and hide behind our irrational hatred of Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton or the GOP, etc etc.

Let's find out what happened. There will be time enough and plenty of other venues to continue the same old partisan battles.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited December 2016
    JimmyV said:

This is an issue that should cut beyond partisanship, particularly if you are an American citizen. If there is even a chance that a foreign government involved itself and influenced our election OF COURSE that possibility should be investigated. It shouldn't matter who won or who lost. Instead we quickly retreat to our safe, happy corners and hide behind our irrational hatred of Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton or the GOP, etc etc.

Let's find out what happened. There will be time enough and plenty of other venues to continue the same old partisan battles.

America liberals/radlibs are so divided now since President-elect Trump has won they can't stop yelling at the top of their lungs that it is Russias' fault.
    It's exhausting listening to faux news on this non-issue.
    Report: Russia hacked RNC, but did not leak info
    Intelligence agencies conclude that Republicans were also targeted ahead of election, The New York Times says, though motivation remains unclear

http://www.timesofisrael.com/report-russia-hacked-rnc-but-did-not-leak-info/

So Putin probably has leverage on the GOP. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.
    JimmyV said:

Exactly.
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:
    You are missing the point. This is about an outside force influencing the American election (according to the CIA). Not about who won or lost.

You are on the wrong side if you think this shouldn't be investigated. Go where the evidence leads you. If they find nothing, great, we can move on. Trump outright dismissing it is, not surprisingly, bad judgment.
    Ahh...ok...I'm all for an investigation but glad you concede that they might find nothing. On the flip side though...what if they find something? There is no doubt that russia is hacking everybody...the DNC, the RNC, Trump, the Clinton server etc. Once that is proven what do you propose the US government do about it? I am all for a muscular response but my guess is the bulk of progressives will have zero interest in pushing back. Pushing back against Trump sure but not against Russia.
    edited December 2016
    We can't be bothered to look at ourselves.

Let's do what mainstream media wants us to: distract Americans from real American problems. Like normalizing a Trump presidency. Like Dems continuing to wallow in denial and refusing to do ANYTHING at this point but continue to point blame elsewhere.
    Post edited by Free on
    edited December 2016
    OP
    In your opine why do you think Russia was involved?
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    i'm happy cuz someone finally stood up to Obama. thank you Putin
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    CIA Concludes Russian Interference Aimed To Elect Trump
    http://n.pr/2h91bNV
    Such a conspiracy!!!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Free said:

Such a conspiracy!!!

I could be wrong, but you, and others on here, seem to be okay with the possibility that an outside entity (russia) may have interfered with the U.S. election.

No matter who you supported, or didn't support, there should NEVER be any outside influence on U.S. elections.

If there was an outside influence and anyone in the RNC or the Trump campaign was aware then, if possible, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I would say the same for any nominee.

And, if necessary, the election voided and done over.

Namaste'
  • CIA Concludes Russian Interference Aimed To Elect Trump
    http://n.pr/2h91bNV

Well that settles it then.
    No need to discuss further the libs/radlibs were right.
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    I don't understand why Russia would want to tilt the election to Trump. Are they looking to be equal partners in the killing of brown people around the globe? Do they think Trump is an idiot and can easily be dupped into helping them reestablish the Soviet Empire? I know Micheal Flynn likes Putin. He got a nice check and sat with him at dinner once. It seems like a few people during the campaign had Russian connections. Manafort or something like that. Is it the sanctions? Maybe Trump likes Putin because he's white and Christian? Maybe the Trump team can help clarify what their position on Russia is? Their is no clarity. It's like they have something to hide. I don't get it. please help me understand. Thanks. Also I don't give a fuck that Hillary lost. Sure, I,wish she would of won but a foreign country interfering with our election is fucked up. Although im sure the U.S interferes with elections all the time. Probably doing it right now.
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Is this about hacking, propaganda, or actually vote tallies? unless Russia actually hacked and changed vote totals in real time, I say shame on us. All the propaganda and Russian hacking in the world couldn't get me to vote for the man with a golden toilet.