Options

Russia's Influence On The American Election

Comments

• Options
    JC29856 said:

if russia hacked clinton's emails, who fucking cares. as someone else said, if it's hackable, that's unfortunately fair game on the international stage. the US does this shit all the time. as someone else also mentioned, the US hacked the german chancellor.

if they hacked the voting machines, which there is zero evidence of, that would be a problem.

but simply "influencing" an election means nothing.

As I said before, it's wave after wave of failed attempts to delegitimize trumps presidency. It's the only option the democrats have left after losing pres, house and Senate. They gambled and lost and now have zero control.

FBI
    wikileaks
    Popular vote
    Contesting the election
    Ignorant unintelligent voters
    Hacking
    And everybodys favorite Russia Russia Russia
    So are John McCain & Lindsey Graham also trying to delegitimize Trump's presidency, or could they genuinely be concerned about a foreign government that the GOP has been warning us about for years?

I think the transition team's response to the CIA in and of itself is a pretty significant red flag, but that's just me.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Jason P said:

Republicans would do the same thing though as the Dems if roles reversed.

unfortunately, you are correct. trump would scream louder than anyone.
    It would have been an absolute shit-storm of crying and name calling.
    So it's just been a shit drizzle of crying and name calling? Lol
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

if russia hacked clinton's emails, who fucking cares. as someone else said, if it's hackable, that's unfortunately fair game on the international stage. the US does this shit all the time. as someone else also mentioned, the US hacked the german chancellor.

if they hacked the voting machines, which there is zero evidence of, that would be a problem.

As I said before, it's wave after wave of failed attempts to delegitimize trumps presidency. It's the only option the democrats have left after losing pres, house and Senate. They gambled and lost and now have zero control.

FBI
    wikileaks
    Popular vote
    Contesting the election
    Hacking
    So are John McCain & Lindsey Graham also trying to delegitimize Trump's presidency, or could they genuinely be concerned about a foreign government that the GOP has been warning us about for years?

I think the transition team's response to the CIA in and of itself is a pretty significant red flag, but that's just me.
    Everyone should be genuinely concerned especially if evidence exists. I haven't seen nor heard of evidence. Do the American public have a right to know if other governments have a hand in elections?

Graham says Iraq was not a mistake.
    McCain predicted Iraq boondoggle still voted for.
  • Options
    The Russian hacker as a wee wittle conrad

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, cause the US has never influenced another country's leadership.
  • Options
    unsung said:

https://youtu.be/5disU0zuCN4
  • Options
    Forgot fake news.

FBI
    wikileaks
    Popular vote
    Contesting the election
    Hacking
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Did Russia hack Donna Brazille to force her to give Clinton the debate questions ahead of time?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

FBI
    wikileaks
    Popular vote
    Contesting the election
    Hacking

Everyone should be genuinely concerned especially if evidence exists. I haven't seen nor heard of evidence. Do the American public have a right to know if other governments have a hand in elections?

Off course we the American citizens should know if a foreign country had any meddling in our election process, again this is not about taking Bafoon presidency away from him man can't believe how much you are willing to bend backwards and not see how wrong this is !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Putin doing his best Hilliary Clinton impersonation voice!

https://youtu.be/Rr4Z0CCp40Y
  • Options
    unsung said:

Ok so let's just let this keep happening USA keeps influencing other elections and we just let Russia & China do the same to us , like saying goes two wrongs don't make a right !
  • Options
    I'm thinking there is something of a power struggle or in fighting among the "Intel agencies"? Anyone else?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN14204E?il=0
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

FBI
    wikileaks
    Popular vote
    Contesting the election
    Hacking

Do you think McCain & Graham are actively trying to undermine Trump's presidency?

Their comments about this situation undermine your argument that this is all just liberal crying.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

FBI
    wikileaks
    Popular vote
    Contesting the election
    Hacking

Do you think McCain & Graham are actively trying to undermine Trump's presidency?

Their comments about this situation undermine your argument that this is all just liberal crying.
    I don't know their intentions, I hope they can push for an speedy investigation and we can get a decisive answer. With our vast intel resources it shouldn't take long to investigate and report the findings.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited December 2016
    unsung said:

I guess it's all okay then. Move along people, nothing to worry about. In fact, there is no point in thinking at all. Just let if all wash over you, because if the US has done it, there is nothing do worry about. Ahhhh.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

unsung said:

Ok so let's just let this keep happening USA keeps influencing other elections and we just let Russia & China do the same to us , like saying goes two wrongs don't make a right !
    No, it is calling out the hypocritical left, again.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    unsung said:

unsung said:

The hypocritical left? US interference isn't actually a partisan issue. I should think that anyone with any sense of right or wrong would be disturbed about Russian interference in the election no matter who had won. If anyone is hypocritical here it's the right. We all know that they are approving of things right now that they would be having shit fits about if the election had gone the other way.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    JC, I am confused as to what message your are trying to convey. To me it seems like you are saying that Russia is actually a non-issue for the US altogether, whatever the context, and that I guess the Democrats are generally using Russia the way the GOP used the emails...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Even if the intent isn't pure, I hope the action can lead to proper non-partisan cooperation on saying no to foreign intervention, which should not be tolerated by winners or losers (independent of the level of convenience/inconvenience). Sometimes it's necessary to appeal to people's inherent greed by showing that an action serves their self-interests, even if the true motivating factor is something different.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

JC, I am confused as to what message your are trying to convey. To me it seems like you are saying that Russia is actually a non-issue for the US altogether, whatever the context....

I'll clarify, we know that Russia Russia Russia influence gets thrown in the mix with Snowden, Assange, wikileaks, Syria, Assad, Brexit, Trump, US election, now the German elections. That doesn't mean it's a non issue it just means to me proceed with caution.
    Now if Russia wasn't revealed to be attacks against Trump or if Hilliary back in Oct didn't bring up Russia Russia Russia hostile attacks to help elect Trump, it may not reach bullshit detection yet.
    Furthermore, the word influence raises concern also because it is vague enough to encompass anything, influence how? By hacking Podesta, by breaching and editing the voting machines or by simply preferring a certain candidate?
  • Options
    benjs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Even if the intent isn't pure, I hope the action can lead to proper non-partisan cooperation on saying no to foreign intervention, which should not be tolerated by winners or losers (independent of the level of convenience/inconvenience). Sometimes it's necessary to appeal to people's inherent greed by showing that an action serves their self-interests, even if the true motivating factor is something different.
    I would like to see anyone on either side at any level that is shown evidence of foreign intervention in our elections come out against investigation punishment/sanction.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

The hypocritical left? US interference isn't actually a partisan issue. I should think that anyone with any sense of right or wrong would be disturbed about Russian interference in the election no matter who had won. If anyone is hypocritical here it's the right. We all know that they are approving of things right now that they would be having shit fits about if the election had gone the other way.
    Everything has become a partisan issue here. Fewer and fewer Americans on both sides have any interest in seeing the world any other way. It's incredibly frustrating.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    unsung said:

unsung said:

put your left-hating nonsense away for a moment.

Trump had been whining the entire election about rigging from the left. now he won, and now rigging never existed.

and the left is somehow hypocritical. sure.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Everything has become a partisan issue here. Fewer and fewer Americans on both sides have any interest in seeing the world any other way. It's incredibly frustrating.
    This thread is a prime example.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited December 2016
    JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

If Russia Russia Russia wasn't used as a partisan scapegoat pre-election (it certainly was), it wouldn't still remain a partisan issue.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Free said:

JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

If Russia Russia Russia wasn't used as a partisan scapegoat (it certainly was), it wouldn't still remain a partisan issue.
    You mean if it wasn't Russia Russia Russia potentially working to undermine Hillary Hillary Hillary. Some of us can look past that. Some of us can't.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

If Russia Russia Russia wasn't used as a partisan scapegoat (it certainly was), it wouldn't still remain a partisan issue.
    You mean if it wasn't Russia Russia Russia potentially working to undermine Hillary Hillary Hillary. Some of us can look past that. Some of us can't.
    It affects Trump too and has been since pre-election. A very partisan issue, and yeah Hillary pressed it hard too. Each used Russia Russia Russia to their advantage.
  • Options
    So now the CIA is not a trustworthy intel dept , let's disband it