*** Milwaukee Fanviews Here 10/20/14 ***

12346»

Comments

• JayneegirrlJayneegirrl Milwaukee Posts: 112
    Bump
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Just listened to this boot yesterday.....what a great fucking show this was! Still can't believe I heard both No Code and Yield front to back in a 4 day period. What a weekend.
  • odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206

A fan requested It by writing Rats on a cheesehead. Eddie got booed when he said I can't wear this I'm from Chicago. Stone ended up wearing it later on

He got an equal amount of cheers... it was a, shall we say, heavily mixed audience that night. :D
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    edited May 2015

Does anyone have a good quality pic of Stone wearing the cheesehead?

High quality, no, but it did indeed happen. :)

"So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    listened to the entire boot on a road trip to Dogfish Head yesterday and it brought back some great memories of an unreal show
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    I went to the last 4 shows on this tour and although I get crap for it Milwaukee was my absolute favorite. :heart:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • I am partial to the Milwaukee show because I was there, but after listening to other boots of the tour...Milwaukee was the best by far. While I get the novelty of the Moline show with No Code, I think YIELD came off much better in terms of a live show. Plus the rest of the show was equally amazing, where at Moline, EV literally says they are making it up as they go along.
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Is it weird to still be on a post-show high nearly a year after...? This show was amazing for me because a) it was my first PJ show ever, b) it was my 21st birthday (when we sang Happy Bday for Tom Petty I pretended it was for me...) and c) Yield is my fav. album. Unreal.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    These " Better than Nothing" videos are awesome..what a great show..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Boo!! And Happy Halloween everybody!

Listening to this show again, slowly celebrating its one-year anniversary, and it's just freaking incredible! Yield is in my top 5, but not my favorite album, but shucks it is magic live! Even the songs I would normally skip - mainly Pilate and Push Me, Pull Me - were fun to hear and the crowd was eating it up. The whole setlist just flows so well and nothing can be skipped on the bootleg. Red Dot and Pendulum were an exceptional teaser combo and everyone was rearing and ready to go. Then BOOM - MYM -> Brain of J was bonkers, and highlighted by one of the best Corduroys I've heard and Rick Nielsen on Baba with lights on early in the show, followed by the Yield run. Nice changes of pace with Evenflow, Sirens, Rats. Setting Forth actually is a great set-up for RVM, which featured some ear-splitting crowd-screaming at the end, and some of Matt Cameron's finest work bringing set 1 to a close.

Encore 1 - Nice break and slow build with Tom Petty HB and tribute moment before the Got Some, Jeremy (another exceptional version), Lukin, Porch run gives you a second wind.

Encore 2 - Again, nothing you would change or skip. Still LOVE the Stone solo on Fuckin' Up, and then Cready closing a show as only he can!

Only regret is that there's no Red Dot crowd-singing on the boot.

I just don't think it gets any better than this.
    Quick question for those who have the Ben Frost poster, just noticed my poster DOES NOT have a holographic sticker on the back. Did they all exclude the holographic sticker? Thanks
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mschostok said:

Quick question for those who have the Ben Frost poster, just noticed my poster DOES NOT have a holographic sticker on the back. Did they all exclude the holographic sticker? Thanks

I could be wrong...
    but I don't think they started putting the stickers on the posters until Global Citizen Festival!!
    Maybe some of the posters from the 2015 South America tour had these as well,
    but sure don't remember seeing them in 2014!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

derbydave said:

mschostok said:

I could be wrong...
    but I don't think they started putting the stickers on the posters until Global Citizen Festival!!
    Maybe some of the posters from the 2015 South America tour had these as well,
    but sure don't remember seeing them in 2014!!
    I think I read that somewhere, too. Thanks, Dave.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
    Birthday bump to a legendary show. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2