Options

*** Milwaukee Fanviews Here 10/20/14 ***

Comments

• Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    edited October 2014
    GA, maybe 12 rows or so between Stone and Ed. A big bucket of wow. I heard people here the past couple days and just before the show speculate what album they would cover. I was convinced there was no chance it would happen again so close to Moline, I'm sure I would have given crazy odds to anyone willing to wager. With the fast open and Baba (with lights up) in the 5 slot, you simply had to believe Eddie when he said they were doing something special. Love Brain of JFK, about halfway through I remember thinking hmmm. Became pretty obvious once Faithfull started what was happening, they never took their foot off the gas. I've been around overserved crowds, and crowds more interested in their phones than the show, but this bunch really seemed pumped and engaged the entire night.

DVD Conspiracy Theory alert - Ed noticed someone with a shirt of the Flemion brothers (The Frogs) that said Old Milwaukee on the top and gently laid it over his monitor facing the crowd. He took his time giving instructions to the cameraman to get in position for a good shot of him with his hand over the shirt paying respects to his friends, and it just seemed like more than someone would typically do just for the video screen at the show. Here's to hoping for a video compilation of this unforgettable tour.

Would have loved the show specific shirt, they only had S by the time I got there (definitely interested if there was an extra L somewhere out there for trade). I didn't leave Wisconsin empty handed though

Post edited by The Stugots on
  • Options
    Dobber1Dobber1 Wisconsin, USA Posts: 11
    Good choice to leave with a case of that...it was my beverage of choice at Major Goolsby's before the show and I live 10 min from the brewery.
    Milwaukee 7-9-1995 East Troy 6-27-98 East Troy 10-8-2000 East Troy 9-4-2011 Milwaukee 10-20-2014 Chicago 8-20-16 Chicago 8-22-16
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    The last show on this tour for me. I will miss the good time meeting with fellow fans and listening to great music. Great show in Milwaukee (Yield, WI). Attended the No Code show in Moline and now the Yield show in Milwaukee.

One of my buddies is a huge Packers fan and is a bit jealous of not being at this show.

New Glarus Brewing is good beer, especially spotted cow, not too far away from me either.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107
    well, that was a great night! met some nice people, nice city. Thanks Milwaukee for hosting us!
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    Sitting at work being totally unproductive trying to figure out what I just saw over the past 4 nights. Absolutely incredible. Can't believe I was lucky enough to be at both Moline and Milwaukee. I've never seen the guys having as much fun as they appear to be having now. Best fucking band in the land. Thank you PJ!!
  • Options
    Yield is probably my favorite album to listen to front to back. Doesn't mean it has my favorite songs, but probably my favorite album in totality. Very fortunate to be there for that moment last night. All I wanted from Moline/Milwaukee was to hear Brain of J. I got it twice. You just never know what may happen.

I always love to hear Rats live too. That was a treat. I'll echo the sentiments of some folks on here. The "big" songs were really well done. The jam sessions were plentiful and skillfully executed. Not only were they well done by the band, but the crowd backed it up for sure. RVM was really exceptional, and the jam session on Crazy Mary was surprisingly impressive as I'm not usually a big fan of that one.

On the flip side, the sound was noticeably worse than Moline in the building. We were in Section 208, so maybe it was just a back of the building issue. The lead guitar was turned up too high from the start of the show. Pendulum was a rough listen due to the audio issues. The softer songs sounded smooth, and it seemed to improve through most of the show. I was also surprised by the number of repeats from the Moline show. Now it's not like it was the day before, but they went back to the Ten well pretty hard. Even Daughter or Better Man would have been a nice changeup between the two shows. I'd always love to hear more PJ originals too instead of 5 covers (you could really say 6 although they did do a full band Sleeping By Myself on LB).

All in all, I love seeing the band any chance I get. This show will always be known as the Yield show for me, and it will be special in its own way for that and the crowd participation. I hope the boot sounds better than the audio in the venue did at parts of the show.

Side note: never ever take Ten Club for granted. This was the first show since 2006 that I didn't have Ten Club tickets. It's a different world out there surrounded by drunks. Folks in our aisle went for beer at least 3 times each during the show. Multiple people fell on the stairs as well due to drunkenness. Nothing like hanging with the Faithful on Friday night. Much love to all the fellow Ten Clubbers and the Ten Club themselves for being great concert-goers. I've been spoiled.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    zepcowboy23zepcowboy23 Chicago Posts: 13
    edited October 2014
    Phenomenal show. Yield was released during my junior year of high school and became a big favorite of my Pearl Jam fan friends. I was slower to catch on, but really enjoy the album these days. Still jealous of Moline getting No Code, but this went 98% of the way toward making up for that.
    Everything I recorded last night -
    Baba O'Riley/MFC/Low Light/Push Me, Pull Me/All Those Yesterdays/Happy Birthday to Tom Petty/I Won't Back Down/Jeremy
    my photos
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 301
    Aaron rodgers on his radio show today said he actually requested Society. You probably aren't going exactly what you want when you're a bear killer. :D
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 301
    I really hope the bootleg starts with "red dot" and ends with humus.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    wiscojam said:

Aaron rodgers on his radio show today said he actually requested Society. You probably aren't going exactly what you want when you're a bear killer. :D

That's funny. I'm glad for all of those there, that they didn't play society!
  • Options
    tottototto Posts: 291

Same question I asked for the no code show: did Ed reference the yield thing at all? Other than'flip the side'.

He said at the end of the Yield part, they were going to play another album called Lost Dogs.
    Milwaukee, 7/8/95
    Milwaukee, 6/30/06
    East Troy, 9/3/11
    East Troy, 9/4/11
    San Jose, Costa Rica 11/20/11
    Manchester, England 6/20/12
    London, Canada 7/16/13
    Chicago, 7/19/13
    Charlottesville, 10/29/13 *** Favorite Show****
    Milwaukee, 10/20/14
    Chicago, 8/20/18
    Boston, 9/4/18
    St. Louis, 9/18/22
    St Paul, 8/31/23
    St Pau,l 9/2/23
    Austin, 9/18/23
    Austin, 9/19/23
    Chicago, 8/29/24
    Chicago, 8/31/24
  • Options
    Yield98Yield98 Posts: 151
    Was at show with daughter on the rail by Stone. I got some wine and she got a tambourine...Yield...and so much more..... My daughter needed an experience to help her understand the experiences that make life worth living. I have no words that matched the look on her face at the end of the show last night.

Thank you Pearl Jam!
    Peace, Love, Pearl Jam

Alpine 98,00,03 TFC 99, Chicago 00,03,09(2X) St. Louis 03, Champagne 03, St. Paul 03, 06(2X), 14, Noblesville 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04,06, Thunder Bay 05, Cleveland 06, Lolla 07, Roo 08, PJ20 X2, Wrigley 13 & 16, Portland/Spokane/Seattle 13, Milwaukee 14, Fenway 18X2, Quebec City/Ottawa 22
  • Options
    Wow. I was upset when I missed my 2nd favorite album but now I missed Yield and I'm speechless. I would probably have finished if I was in the building
  • Options
    bbisonbbison Posts: 219
    edited October 2014
    (deleted)
    Is this where the show list goes?

11-26-91 / 8-2-92 / 3-15-94 / 7-9-95 / 7-11-95 / 8-29-98 / 9-1-00 / 10-25-03 
    10-23-04 / 10-22-06 / 10-9-09 / 10-23-10 / 10-3-12 / 7-9-13 / 10-21-13
    11-24-13 / 11-26-13 / 10-17-14 / 10-20-14 / 10-25-14 / 4-8-16 / 4-9-16
     4-28-16 / 4-29-16 / 8-20-16 / 8-22-16 / 8-10-18 / 8-18-18 / 8-20-18
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    eddie blew me a kiss at the end, in the back when they were congratulating each other.

wow, what a stellar show!! this band knows how to connect with their fans and maintain it.

they are always real people!!
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Definitely a truly incredible weekend that I will never forget with my boys from Dallas, Portland, Chicago, Columbus, and Des Moines. We had been planning the Moline/St. Paul/Milwaukee run since the tour began, and they absolutely blew it out to end an incredible weekend last night.

I have to slightly give the nod to Moline over Milwaukee as my favorite show, but just by a hair. Those two shows definitely rival PJ20 for me.

Back to reality tomorrow. What a weekend.

This band is the best ever, and they always deliver.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    34th show for me. I hit Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee and now sitting in a bar in Denver in just amazement of what I have experienced the last 6 days. Milwaukee was fabulous last night - at red dot I thought something crazy was going to happen and then when baba hit at the 5 spot you knew game on. I love Yield for a lot of different reasons and to see that in its entirety - crazy awesome! Thank you PJ!!! Let's have a great Denver show!!!!!
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    KCjamKCjam Posts: 135
    I called this one! I told my co-worker and only other diehard PJ fan at work that they would likely play "Yield" front to back at either Milwaukee or Denver. Greg, what about it??
  • Options
    Great show totally unexpected to get yield in full especially after moline I was surprised I picked up an extra 10c res which ended up on the floor in the back section not sure the member # but I was shocked at how few people knew they were playing all of yield in fact a lot of people looked bored at the song selection

I enjoyed it and was excited but after being lucky enough to be in ga for moline the crowd was a let down in sec 9

Anyway have fun in Denver I'll be super jealous if they get all of binaural

• Options
    Rushboy2112Rushboy2112 Waupaca, WI Posts: 21
    went to St. Paul and Milwaukee. random thoughts,

1) agreed with the comments that it matters a lot where you're sitting. I'm not sure I will sit outside of the Club again (we didn't win the lottery in St. Paul). next time I will make sure one way or another that my wife and I are in the Club seats. it's not the same when people around you are sitting and not singing. and the same with the sound -- it can matter a lot where you're sitting, I'm not gambling on that again. our St. Paul seats were only OK.

2) my wife and I had our best seats ever for Milwaukee so that may have been the difference, but we thought the crowd was amazing in Milwaukee. as a Wisconsinite I can say that I'm always glad to be surrounded by friends from Illinois ... at a PJ concert :)

3) MOO -- I think this could have been a longer show but Ed was completetly exhausted by the end, it was my impression anyway that he shut it down.

4) I love Yield. couldn't have picked a better album for me, and a lot of us.

5) first show for our son and nephew. they were stunned. My son has seen a lot of concerts (Tool, Rush, STP, real shows) but there is nothing like a Pearl Jam concert when the crowd is this crazy.

6) my least-favorite day of the year ... the day following a show. I really don't want to go back to work.

as always, and as Ed said at Wrigley, "these are good people." met so many really really good people in the past few days.

peace,

Rocky
  • Options
    PJFaninIndyPJFaninIndy Westfield, IN Posts: 93
    All I can say is WOW! Just got home from Milwaukee (show #11 for me) and I'm still in shock they played Yield. Missed out on 10C tix for this show, so had nosebleeds in the far back. I am just glad I was in the building for this show!

Anyone else notice that Ed is very chatty this tour? I was in Cincy and he talked a lot there as well. Love his stories and how he always ties it back to the city and/or fans.

Fantastic show...now to wait until next time!
    6/22/03 – Noblesville, IN
    10/3/04 – Grand Rapids, MI
    9/11/05 – Kitchener, ON Canada
    9/12/05 – London, ON Canada
    5/22/06 – Auburn Hills, MI
    6/24/06 – Cincinnati, OH
    8/23/09 – Chicago, IL
    5/7/10 – Noblesville, IN
    7/19/13 – Wrigley Field
    10/1/14 – Cincinnati, OH
    10/20/14 – Milwaukee, WI
    4/26/16 – Lexington, KY
    8/20/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 - Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 - Wrigley Field
    9/6/22 - Hamilton, ON Canada
    9/17/22 - Bourbon & Beyond, Louisville, KY
    9/18/22 - St. Louis. MO
    9/5/23 - Chicago, IL
    9/7/23 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

GA, maybe 12 rows or so between Stone and Ed. A big bucket of wow. I heard people here the past couple days and just before the show speculate what album they would cover. I was convinced there was no chance it would happen again so close to Moline, I'm sure I would have given crazy odds to anyone willing to wager. With the fast open and Baba (with lights up) in the 5 slot, you simply had to believe Eddie when he said they were doing something special. Love Brain of JFK, about halfway through I remember thinking hmmm. Became pretty obvious once Faithfull started what was happening, they never took their foot off the gas. I've been around overserved crowds, and crowds more interested in their phones than the show, but this bunch really seemed pumped and engaged the entire night.

DVD Conspiracy Theory alert - Ed noticed someone with a shirt of the Flemion brothers (The Frogs) that said Old Milwaukee on the top and gently laid it over his monitor facing the crowd. He took his time giving instructions to the cameraman to get in position for a good shot of him with his hand over the shirt paying respects to his friends, and it just seemed like more than someone would typically do just for the video screen at the show. Here's to hoping for a video compilation of this unforgettable tour.

Would have loved the show specific shirt, they only had S by the time I got there (definitely interested if there was an extra L somewhere out there for trade). I didn't leave Wisconsin empty handed though

That is a solid beer!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    \m/ - I have to confess I did not catch on #-o I'm so lame! Lol! Silly enough I did notice the untitled intro and hummus outro! I was just too busy rocking the F OUT!!!

4 shows this run and my knees are all jacked up from hitting/leaning/jumping/ being all cramped in those arena seats!

All I can say is - \m/ f'in amazing set! Incredible! Fantastic!

Until next time! Waaahhh! Whooo!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    My two favorite albums played front to back within 3 shows....just unbelieveable.
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    As an unabashed Yield fan I cannot be mad. You guys got the show I'd kill for; I'm envious.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    FoxyRedLa said:

\m/ - I have to confess I did not catch on #-o I'm so lame! Lol! Silly enough I did notice the untitled intro and hummus outro! I was just too busy rocking the F OUT!!!

4 shows this run and my knees are all jacked up from hitting/leaning/jumping/ being all cramped in those arena seats!

All I can say is - \m/ f'in amazing set! Incredible! Fantastic!

Until next time! Waaahhh! Whooo!

My shins are beat to hell from the seat backs in St. Paul. I'm still stoked from last night. I'm trying no to annoy the hell out of my wife by talking about it nonstop.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    rocco725rocco725 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 16
    Hometown show for me and I pulled GA in the lottery. I've never been in the front row and figured if I'm going to do it, I'm doing it right. Got in line @ 5:45am and ended up on the rail right in front of Mike. Amazing... Epic... Awe inspiring... I was worried they'd be exhausted towards the end of the tour, but that fear was long gone by the time Baba was played. Caught a few picks and got a drink of red wine from Ed. An experience that will likely never be topped!

And honestly the best part? My dear friend Dave with me at the rail and all of the amazing fans in line around us making the day fly by. I was genuinely sad to part ways after the show. Lindsay from Philly, Becky from New York, Haley from Gurnee, Paul and Carly from Kenosha, you all rock! Much love from me (Matt from Milwaukee).
  • Options
    I got to experience Moline and Milwaukee this tour. Couldn't have picked a better pair. After Brain of J. and faithful I thought "if I hear 'No Way' it's on…Yield baby!" So after they played yield I yelled out "Given to Fly!" After that I "requested" Wishlist, and when they began to play it, people around me started giving me looks like "holy shit, man you're on a role!" Well, after I "predicted" Pilate next, it looked as if I had a few people convinced that I was clairvoyant. I was hoping that I would help those around me figure out what was going on. Because it didn't seem like anyone had figured it out.

I stopped my display of psychic abilities and enjoyed the show and waited for Push Me, Pull Me... Then went nuts, as it was atop my wish list of songs to see live.

Did anyone see the handwritten set list? It looks like "Strangest" (as in Strangest Tribe) was crossed off the list. Anyone? Along wih Parachutes. Both of which were in parentheses. I don't know what's with the parentheses, but I'd imagine those two were scratched out because of the overwhelmingly up-tempo pace of the show.
  • Options
    drew42edrew42e Posts: 74
    Three years ago myself and two good friends decided to get together somewhere as we live spread across the country, me in Bay Area, another guy in Chicago and the third in Boston and don't hang out much anymore. We all share a love of Pearl Jam so PJ20 in Alpine Valley made perfect sense as it was centrally located in the US. Fast forward to 2014 and thought it was high time we reconnected. Looking through the fall shows we decided on Milwaukee and boy am I glad we did. Not only did we get a very memorable show with all the aforementioned highlights but we also had a fantastic time up at Lambeau field on Sunday and can't say enough about the friendly folks of Wisconsin.
    I was really pleased with the setlist and knew something was up when they started fast as they've tended to do a few common openers after Pendulum. That really energized the crowd I think, people were going bananas when Baba was played so early. Really cool they went through Yield, and I love hearing Crazy Mary back/forth solos as well as Rats, In Hiding and RVM. The Tom Petty stuff was cool and what was "funny", I think crowd participation was highest all night during "Won't Back Down" (with possible exception of "Jeremy"). Part of the length of show was the fact Eddie was in a talky mood (Old Milwaukee story) and the Petty Happy Birthday stuff. But 34 songs is awesome.
    Two of us are fan club and neither of us were rewarded with 10 club seats and as some others mentioned, this can be a detractor. But i thought 95% of fans in our section 419 were standing (and for 3 hour show that's not easy), but i like to move around a little and the upper levels at these venues can be terribly steep. It did however give a good opportunity to see the crowd and from my perspective they were tremendous.
    Post game a the German Beer Hall was great, bunch of PJ fans showed up and they were not only playing PJ on their sound system but a Live Boot at that. All and all a great trip.
    9/8/98 Newark, NJ, 10/31/00 Mountain View, CA, 10/20/01 Mountain View, CA (Bridge School 15), 7/6/06 Las Vegas, NV, 8/28/09 SF, CA, 10/31/09 Philly, PA, 10/23/10 Mountain View, CA (Bridge School 24), 09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI, 11/23/13 LA1, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, WI
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Holy freaking crap, was that an awesome show. I missed out on tickets to Moline and was a bit disappointed that I missed No Code...I never for a second thought that they'd play all of YIELD, my favorite PJ album! My friend (who got me into PJ in the first place, back in high school) drove up from Indiana and we got amazing seats in the 4th row on the side of the stage (THANK YOU THANK YOU TEN CLUB!). The crowd was on fire and so was the band. When it became clear that Yield was happening, I must have high fived everyone in my section. People were laughing and crying, hugging each other, it was like D-Day or something. I smiled so much my face hurt. Made eye contact with Eddie and Mike several times too, totally awesome. And Ed with the cheesehead hat, going "Guys, I can't put this on, come on, I'm from Chicago!" was totally hilarous (as was Stone wearing it later). This is my 12th PJ show, and it easily made my top 5.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016