Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    I can leave now..goodnight guys or goodmorning..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,477
    Kerr should get Green out of the game, before he does something stupid.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    cutz said:

He's just out there sizing up everyone's balls. Where will he whack next?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    mrussel1 said:

cutz said:

He's just out there sizing up everyone's balls. Where will he whack next?
    :rofl:
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,472

He's one of the best to ever play the game. You guys realize "best player on the floor" and "most valuable player" are two different things right?

Hell of a game 5, no doubt. Doing his part in getting Green suspended certainly helped as he had no problems driving to the basket. But I don't think he played very well in the first two games (9/21 and 7/17 are not good shooting percentages at all).

Let's see what happens next.

Take Lebron off the cavs and they aren't a playoff team. Take Klay or Curran off GS, and they're still the best team in the west. That's what an MVP is.
    You think if they remove the reigning two time MVP, the Warriars are still the best team in the league?

Ha
    Yea. I think Klay is more valuable
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

He's one of the best to ever play the game. You guys realize "best player on the floor" and "most valuable player" are two different things right?

Hell of a game 5, no doubt. Doing his part in getting Green suspended certainly helped as he had no problems driving to the basket. But I don't think he played very well in the first two games (9/21 and 7/17 are not good shooting percentages at all).

Take Lebron off the cavs and they aren't a playoff team. Take Klay or Curran off GS, and they're still the best team in the west. That's what an MVP is.
    You think if they remove the reigning two time MVP, the Warriars are still the best team in the league?

Ha
    Yes. Very minimum they'd be a 3 seed. Still, the cavs wouldn't even be a playoff team without lebron.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    At one point Lbj scored or assisted on 27 straight points. How can anyone say he isn't an all time great? He had been unreal this series.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,526
    fuck yeah!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Ha
    Yes. Very minimum they'd be a 3 seed. Still, the cavs wouldn't even be a playoff team without lebron.
    I think they would. The east is weak. They would still have Kyrie and it would be interesting to see what Love could do on this team if he wasn't the third wheel.
  • Options
    Curry's wife on twitter before it was taken down...

"I've lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money... Or ratings in not sure which. I won't be silent . Just saw it live sry."
  • Options

"I've lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money... Or ratings in not sure which. I won't be silent . Just saw it live sry."

His fifth foul was weak, but the sixth was legit. And that tweet won't win any friends in the NBA front office. Love how people always blame their losses on being cheated.
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,477
    mrussel1 said:

His fifth foul was weak, but the sixth was legit. And that tweet won't win any friends in the NBA front office. Love how people always blame their losses on being cheated.
    The steal was clean i thought, but i thought he fouled Irving before that.

Yeah, 6th Foul was a easy call.

Kerr doing his best post game impersonation of Phil Jackson.
  • Options
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    igotid88 said:

That`s Jud Buechler type Numbers when he was finals MVP
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    And now let's make history..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    edited June 2016
    igotid88 said:

Ha
    Yea. I think Klay is more valuable
    Ha.....wait, seriously?......what are you basing this on?

What is your argument (other than you don't like Steph)?

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Ha
    no.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Ha
    no.
    Yes
  • Options

Ha
    no.
    Yes
    Can you explain how he unanimously won the mvp two years in a row? Seems to directly contradict your entire argument.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    mrussel1 said:

At one point Lbj scored or assisted on 27 straight points. How can anyone say he isn't an all time great? He had been unreal this series.

i don't think anyone has said that. Lebron wasn't great early in the series but has been unreal the last two games.

I don't think the Warriors got a favorable whistle last night but don't think it had much to do with the outcome. I just hope game 7 comes down to the wire.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    The key to the game this Sunday will be the health of Igwiedala. If his back seizes up the Warriors will be in serious trouble because he's the one that can somewhat contain LJ. Besides that the pressure is on Warriors.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Doesn't the NBA know Game of Thrones is on at 9pm Sunday?
  • Options
    g under p said:

The key to the game this Sunday will be the health of Igwiedala. If his back seizes up the Warriors will be in serious trouble because he's the one that can somewhat contain LJ. Besides that the pressure is on Warriors.

Peace

Couldn't agree more. Health wasnt an issue for GS last year. It was for the Cavs. Now it flipped although not to the same degree.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

i don't think anyone has said that. Lebron wasn't great early in the series but has been unreal the last two games.

I don't think the Warriors got a favorable whistle last night but don't think it had much to do with the outcome. I just hope game 7 comes down to the wire.
    No one here but lots of people do. Start with Skip Bayless
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    igotid88 said:
    I fucking loved this. Translation: "Get that weak the shit the fuck outta here." He had a similar block on Draymond earlier in the 4th quarter where Draymond, like Curry, got right underneath the basket, and rather than going up strong, tried to pump fake. Lebron didn't leave his feat on the fake, and swatted that shit when Draymond tried to go up with it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

I don't hope it's close. The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot, Jose Mesa's blown save. ... we don't need another one.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    mrussel1 said:
    I was actually thinking that last night. Won't happen though. And probably shouldn't happen. It's happened in the 1969 Finals, the 1960 World Series, and Super Bowl 5 though. But those were all like 50 years ago.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Ha
    no.
    Yes
    Can you explain how he unanimously won the mvp two years in a row? Seems to directly contradict your entire argument.
    My argument is that Lebron, regardless of the outcome of the series, is the finals MVP. He is leading both teams in every offensive category. I don't disagree that steph is one of the best shooters of all time. I dont disagree with him winning the MVP award. But what is the MVP? Is it the most valuable player? Or is it best player in the league that year? There's a difference. And in my opinion, if you ask the question "how good is this team if he wasn't playing'" you will see who really is the most valuable.

For example, you could argue that Peyton manning could have won the MVP his last season with the colts. With Peyton, the Colts were a super bowl contender. Without peyton, they got the first overall pick the next year.

I also think that Lebron jumps into Michael Jordan status if the cavs win this series.