Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125

g under p said:

Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

Wade may be joining the Cavs if they can clear the space.

please, no. :bawling:
    I'm here in South FL and the word is from the radio that scenario is just not going to happen. Even though Wade and Lebron are out there somewhere on vacation......I'm pretty sure they're talking but I seriously doubt wade will end up in Cleveland. Wade wants a statue outside the Triple A, he will return to Miami and get paid.

Peace

2 days ago, the media said there was virtually no way that KD would leave OKC. So, it's hard telling. I think he will go. He sees that there's no way, especially with the uncertainty of Bosh, that the heat win the championship again.
    Bosh has been given the OK to play next year and he's going to play and when Wade returns they still won't be on the championship level as the Cavs. I certainly never thought there was a certainty KD was going back to OKC, hell I even thought there was a remote chance he may have chosen the Celtics....wishful thinking on my part. Ah the Celtics some day will rise again once these LJ, KD and SC get out of the way.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,467

cutz said:

KD was a FREE AGENT. He can go where he wants, just like LBJ or any other player in the NBA.

He can and he did, and now most people will make fun of him for his embarrassing decision :smiley:
    Embarrassing decision>LOL
  • Options

Ok, so jordan wouldn't have done it. So what? These are millenials. They need their options.

Back then i don't think this could've been done with the cap/rules? If so, who knows what would've happen back in the day?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,897
    cutz said:

cutz said:

KD was a FREE AGENT. He can go where he wants, just like LBJ or any other player in the NBA.

He can and he did, and now most people will make fun of him for his embarrassing decision :smiley:
    Difference of opinion. I think going back on your word is embarrassing.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    edited July 2016

cutz said:

cutz said:

And what word is that? The rumored media word? When FA starts i don't believe much from the media, and ther 'sources" until the player signs that contract. Everything else is BS>LOL

I just don't understand why people are upset over a player signing a FA contract. (Unless, he's leaves your favorite team, or signs with the team you hate). There called Free Agents for a reason=they can go play where they want.
  • Options
    cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

And what word is that? The rumored media word? When FA starts i don't believe much from the media, and ther 'sources" until the player signs that contract. Everything else is BS>LOL

I just don't understand why people are upset over a player signing a FA contract. (Unless, he's leaves your favorite team, or signs with the team you hate). There called Free Agents for a reason=they can go play where they want.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16791990/nba-changes-led-kevin-durant-departure-oklahoma-city-thunder

Summed up pretty well
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,085
    cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

Depends on the media person. Brossuard no way, but Woj and some others I do. Those guys are clued in to the point where their sources are likely someone high up in the front office if not the GM and if it's not the front office, it's an agent.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options

cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16791990/nba-changes-led-kevin-durant-departure-oklahoma-city-thunder

Summed up pretty well
    HAHAHA>it does? ESPN=the king of tabloid sport reporting>LOL

Even so, he's not allowed to change his mind? Like i said before he's a FA and until he signs that contract everything else is BS. I've heard from plenty of FA(in all sports) who said they were/want to stay with the team, and then sign elsewhere. It happens and there's no right or wrong where a player signs because he's FREE to do so. It's only right or wrong from the fans/media and that doesn't mean shit to the player, nor should it.
  • Options
    cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

Summed up pretty well

Even so, he's not allowed to change his mind? Like i said before he's a FA and until he signs that contract everything else is BS. I've heard from plenty of FA(in all sports) who said they were/want to stay with the team, and then sign elsewhere. It happens and there's no right or wrong where a player signs because he's FREE to do so. It's only right or wrong from the fans/media and that doesn't mean shit to the player, nor should it.
    I usually don't like ESPN but that article seems spot on. Did you even read it?

We both agree the athletes can sign wherever they want when they are free agents. But the fans are also free to scrutinize their decisions. The player doesn't have to care what the fans and media think, but Durant has in the past, so the reactions may bug him... Until they start dominating the league and win their first championship.

severed hand thirteen

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    g under p said:

g under p said:

Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

I'm here in South FL and the word is from the radio that scenario is just not going to happen. Even though Wade and Lebron are out there somewhere on vacation......I'm pretty sure they're talking but I seriously doubt wade will end up in Cleveland. Wade wants a statue outside the Triple A, he will return to Miami and get paid.

Peace

2 days ago, the media said there was virtually no way that KD would leave OKC. So, it's hard telling. I think he will go. He sees that there's no way, especially with the uncertainty of Bosh, that the heat win the championship again.
    Bosh has been given the OK to play next year and he's going to play and when Wade returns they still won't be on the championship level as the Cavs. I certainly never thought there was a certainty KD was going back to OKC, hell I even thought there was a remote chance he may have chosen the Celtics....wishful thinking on my part. Ah the Celtics some day will rise again once these LJ, KD and SC get out of the way.

Peace
    Hey, at least the Celts finally landed a halfway decent free agent with Horford. It had been several years since that has happened.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    The NBA completely needs to re-do their cap system. Otherwise fan bases better start getting used to their star players leaving. Much like baseball most stars will not play their whole careers in the same market like they did before. The only thing that differentiates teams is the size of the market, coaching and other players now. As long as stars can sign 1 year deals (with an option for a second in case of injury) they will get around the extra 5th year the hometown team can offer. Durant is free after next season to sign the 5 year deal with GS he could have signed with OKC now if he chooses to. Only thing I can see stopping this from happening is allowing the home team to offer more on 1 or 2 year deals than a new team can. It may or may not have swayed Durant to stay but as of right now why should he have? He got the same deal from GS as he would have got from OKC on a short term. He jumps to a better system and de-nutted one of the other title contenders making his path easier to the finals.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    ^^Excellent use of 'de-nutted'.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

g under p said:

g under p said:

Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

Peace

Peace
    Hey, at least the Celts finally landed a halfway decent free agent with Horford. It had been several years since that has happened.
    Well I've come to find out that there was much more of bickering between Wade and Riley. I didn't see that strife coming at all. So guess what Wade has bolted to Chicago for more money. Now how is it going to all work with Butler and Rondo?

http://patch.com/illinois/chicago/dwyane-wade-sign-chicago-bulls-report

Peace

Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,451
    g under p said:

mrussel1 said:

g under p said:

g under p said:

Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

Peace

Peace
    Well I've come to find out that there was much more of bickering between Wade and Riley. I didn't see that strife coming at all. So guess what Wade has bolted to Chicago for more money. Now how is it going to all work with Butler and Rondo?

http://patch.com/illinois/chicago/dwyane-wade-sign-chicago-bulls-report

Peace

One of them will be traded.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Yeah I thought Butler was supposed to be moved. And Rondo is just a head case in the last few years.
  • Options
    ^^^^^^ Mike Dunleavy is being traded to the Cavaliers to make room is the first move so far.

Peace

• Options
    g under p said:

^^^^^^ Mike Dunleavy is being traded to the Cavaliers to make room is the first move so far.

Peace

Yeah, not sure how I feel about that. He just seems like another Channing Fry. Also not sure who is protecting the rim in Cleveland, with Mozgov gone.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

Summed up pretty well

I usually don't like ESPN but that article seems spot on. Did you even read it?

We both agree the athletes can sign wherever they want when they are free agents. But the fans are also free to scrutinize their decisions. The player doesn't have to care what the fans and media think, but Durant has in the past, so the reactions may bug him... Until they start dominating the league and win their first championship.

Spot on that he changed his mind>LOL>It happens.

Like i said, and it's obvious, he changed his mind(I guess i should've stated that instead of asking if he could change his mind)
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

g under p said:

Peace

Yeah, not sure how I feel about that. He just seems like another Channing Fry. Also not sure who is protecting the rim in Cleveland, with Mozgov gone.
    Well, Dunleavy should get a lot of open shots. He's a better ball handler/passer then Frye. I think that's a good pick-up for the Cavs, especially if they don't re-sign JR Smith.

How much to Mozgov play? (I know he didn't play much in the playoffs)
  • Options

cutz said:

cutz said:

cutz said:

Depends on the media person. Brossuard no way, but Woj and some others I do. Those guys are clued in to the point where their sources are likely someone high up in the front office if not the GM and if it's not the front office, it's an agent.
    Yeah, that Woj guy is pretty good. Gotta give it to him.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,736
    D-Wade to the Bulls
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,517
    fuck dwayne wade....he went for the money and no other reason.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,817
    Glad to see the Bulls are going with youth.
    Oh wait...nevermind.

The Bulls have completely lost their minds. Not that I give a fuck.
    I haven't watched a complete Bulls game since Jordan won his 6th title.
    Fuck the NBA.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Pat Riley knows what he is doing and didn't want a broken down 34yr old player so he low balled him.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Wobbie said:

fuck dwayne wade....he went for the money and no other reason.

Not entirely true....Wade left due to the fact that on three different occasions he deferred for the Heat organization to take less money. Soley that the organization could win and they did. This summer he had to take a back seat to Whiteside whom Riley met with first and gave him the max contract. Then they tried to cuddle KD who was never going to come to S FL. Riley hedged his bets that Wade would take the offer of 40 mil over two years to become a lifer in a Heat uniform. Wade didn't bite.....he looked at the big picture of him bringing 3 titles to the organization and in his 13 years there he has NEVER been the highest paid player for the Heat.

Wade was going to leave in 2010 for a big contract with the Bulls however the Lebron + Bosh thing came to fruition and Wade took 10 mil less to win. So he always eyed or envisioned going back to his hometown of Chitown it's just that Riley's ignorance exasperated the contract situation in 2016.

Peace

• Options
    ^^^^^^Not that care one bit but living here in South Florida I get to hear the real stories as to what has been going down with the Heat the last 10 years. I'm a Celtics fan and nothing pleases me more than to see the demise of the Heat. Especially with Riley being the villain amongst the fans as we speak.

Peace

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,451
    Riley left the Knicks because he wanted more money and power
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,517
    I can't possibly make wade out as the good guy for being unable to accept $40m

fuck him. have fun with the bulls.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Wobbie said:

I can't possibly make wade out as the good guy for being unable to accept $40m

fuck him. have fun with the bulls.

Well you may feel that way and that's fine. However, when a player of Wade's caliber that has left as much money on the table as he has.....he at some point wants and should get paid. Especially when he sees players in today's NBA getting the ridiculous inflated salaries he wanted to get his. Riley didn't value what he could bring to the Heat at his age so he let him go or better yet made him go. The salary he got from the Bulls is just slightly better than what the Heat offered due to no state income taxes in Florida. So this divorce was more of the disrespect shown to him from the Heat than about money.

Let me add the Bulls probably have a better chance of making the playoffs than the Heat does.

Peace

• Options
    Here in S FL it's slowly coming out that the strife between Wade and the Heat started back when LJ was about to leave the Heat. Apparently, Wade knew LJ (LJ & DW are best friends) was leaving the Heat to go back to Cleveland but never inform the Heat and that incident started the divide between the two.

Peace