Options

Pearl Jam to headline Ride Festival

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,635
    AceCool said:

Weston, you do realize that the schedule you posted says PJ 7-11, correct? I have not found anything anywhere that says otherwise.

Yes, I am trying to agree that I have seen nothing that speaks of a 7-9 schedule.

Everything they have been saying for months now has been "3.5-4 hour set for PJ" and then a couple of weeks ago, the 7-11 time slot was announced.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,473
    I'd be more then shocked if they play anywhere close to a 4 hour show. But, I HOPE they do though.
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    There was another schedule put out on the The Ride FB page earlier today that showed PJ from 7-9. I was shocked but had to run out before I could dig into it and now I don't see it anywhere. Maybe a mistake? Hopefully a mistake....
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I don't think anyone really expects a 4 hour show. But, listing it as a 7-11 implies were getting a normal length show (28-32 songs) like we got all April. All the spring shows were ticketed 7 PM show time, but didn't start til 8:30.

Listing it as 2 hours implies were getting a 20 song setlist like at Bonnaroo
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    imagel

This ones from March 6th, so way back 3 months ago. I don't see how they could edit the schedule when they've been selling tickets for this long with people expecting a full PJ set
  • Options
    butterjambutterjam Posts: 215
    I have an extra weekend pass if anyone still has yet to buy one. Gonna be one helluva show. Thanks.
  • Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    edited June 2016
    for those who wanted the image from FB
    Post edited by Ando on
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    wow so it's true. but still imo there is no way they will start at 7 and finish at 9. having a festival end at 9pm on a sat night...when everyone knows the curfew is at least 11 is gonna leave a lot of people wondering why pearl jam even showed up! i just hope pj don't keep everyone waiting for 2 hours after the band before them is finished before they start. that would be painful. regardless of anything its still an incredible place to see any band play!
  • Options
    No one is asking for anything special. But we expect at the least a normal set, similar to any other show in the spring.

If they advertise a 4 hour set for 3+ months and then play a 20 song Bonnaroo set, that will be very frustrating considering the cost of this festival. And why was this just changed now? The Ride festival said on facebook back in MARCH that PJ would play 7-11 PM... MARCH!!
  • Options
    I feel bad if it is a shorter set and people made the decision to travel far based on the 4 hour set advertisement. Im guessing PJ doesnt want a 4 hour slot advertised so they dropped it. But now when they play almost 3 hours people will be stoked.
  • Options
    Ando said:

Im guessing PJ doesnt want a 4 hour slot advertised so they dropped it. But now when they play almost 3 hours people will be stoked.

totally agree with this. it makes sense to lower peoples expectations and then pull off a longer show than advertised(2 hours)
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,849

No one is asking for anything special. But we expect at the least a normal set, similar to any other show in the spring.

If they advertise a 4 hour set for 3+ months and then play a 20 song Bonnaroo set, that will be very frustrating considering the cost of this festival. And why was this just changed now? The Ride festival said on facebook back in MARCH that PJ would play 7-11 PM... MARCH!!

Read through this thread and the other Rde thread and there are plenty of people expecting something special.
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

Read through this thread and the other Rde thread and there are plenty of people expecting something special.
    There are plenty of people here that ALWAYS expect something special from a PJ show, lol.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    I'm excited to be in Telluride. The bonus is Pearl Jam is playing for at least several minutes.
  • Options

There are plenty of people here that ALWAYS expect something special from a PJ show, lol.

Haha true. It just sucks for those that hyped this up to an unachievable place. I just hope that everyone that goes has a blast and isn't disappointed.
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    I am going no matter what and I'm sure I will have a blast. I am just irked at these people for sending out an email with a schedule on it last week that looked like an awesome treat only to have it quietly revised back to something that is about average.
  • Options
    Yeah, the thing that bugs me the most is how the festival can just change something that major, this late in the game
  • Options
    PJNB said:

ever been to telluride? if the band plays 5 songs it will still be special. it's one of the best places to see live music anywhere i've been
  • Options

Yeah, the thing that bugs me the most is how the festival can just change something that major, this late in the game

i've thought about it and man did we get hit with the advertising game
    officially state the band has 4 hours to play to get as many PJ fans to come as possible. then when the reality hits adjust accordingly ;)
    but like i said just having the band play there is good enough for me. any venue that has a view of a waterfall(bridal falls) from the venue field is stellar+
  • Options
    edited June 2016

PJNB said:

ever been to telluride? if the band plays 5 songs it will still be special. it's one of the best places to see live music anywhere i've been
    I wish I was going. I actually priced it and it would have been $3000 CAD to go for the two of us lol. I have no doubt this is a special place to play. My comment was more directed towards those that expected PJ to play above and beyond there normal 3 hour set which they still might do. We won't know till showtime.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    everything will be ok...

3 WEEKS
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Can't imagine a better place for an opening acoustic set

I hate missing this
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJNB said:

PJNB said:

I wish I was going. I actually priced it and it would have been $3000 CAD to go for the two of us lol. I have no doubt this is a special place to play. My comment was more directed towards those that expected PJ to play above and beyond there normal 3 hour set which they still might do. We won't know till showtime.
    That's about what priced it out for us as well...
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    So when is everyone arriving? It think it would be fun to get a group of us all camping together in the same spot in Town Park. I'm thinkng about heading down on Thursday am.

everything will be ok...

3 WEEKS

Yes it will!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    They may not go on at 7 but there is no way they stop at 9:00 on a Saturday.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    BS44325 said:

They may not go on at 7 but there is no way they stop at 9:00 on a Saturday.

Yeah. Ride fest responded to someone saying the band would rather be listed 7-9 with the freedom to play until whenever.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,925
    Scheduling then for a 4hr time frame really painted the band into a corner, so I can understand why they would request to have that removed. I can see 1 of 2 situations happening here. If the band before them finishes at 6pm as scheduled, then there's a chance there will be a 90min-2hr lull before PJ comes on. However, if they do come out and play close to 7:00, they'll get a bunch of shit for not playing until the curfew. They are in a no-win situation.

With the surroundings, the hype is in full effect. I have no doubt the band will deliver. But I also expect the normal bitching that comes with a lot of shows.
  • Options

So when is everyone arriving? It think it would be fun to get a group of us all camping together in the same spot in Town Park. I'm thinkng about heading down on Thursday am.

everything will be ok...

3 WEEKS

Yes it will!
    Three of us are getting into Denver 7:30 AM on Thursday and driving to T-ride. Hope to be there by 4 or so. We hope to be able to camp in Town Park Thursday night but it depends if they relax the rules on capacity. But it would be great to have a PJ "compound".
  • Options
    Can we camp in Town Park Thursday night? I was under the impression that it opened up Friday morning
  • Options
    Ando said:

Can we camp in Town Park Thursday night? I was under the impression that it opened up Friday morning

From the website:

Can I camp at the campground prior to the start of the festival?
    Yes! Camping at Telluride Town Park is on a first-come, first-served basis prior to the start of the festival. Campers may arrive early and pay per day according to Town Park Camping Guidelines.

There's only about 33 sites and some of them are RV so I don't know how early people will be arriving or how strict they will be with rules. We've scouted out a few places outside of town in jsut in case.