Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win?

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594

brianlux said:

Free said:

Don't be sad. If Bernie loses the nomination, he has said he's sworn to continue his movement, I'm thinking that as a senator. He's done much good all these years and he will continue to fight the good fight.

As to Drumpf, I still don't think nor am nervous he'll win. He won't.

PJ_Soul said:

I guess I'll change my answer if Bernie runs as an independent. In that case, I think Trump would win the Presidency. Which is, obviously, unfortunate. Bernie is the best person in the entire race.

I doubt he'll run as an independent. He knows that will just cost Hillary the election. Nothing positive could come of him running as an independent. He's already got his name and message out there. Plus he's already sticking around too long.
    Get used to it because the world is changing. People are changing. The young are voting for Sanders in huge numbers because they see it happening and understand the need for change. And a few older people like me are glad to see smart young people fighting for that change.

I don't disagree with that. But when you're beat, you're beat.
    Well, we haven't gotten to the convention yet so until then, we're not beat. Bernie is a long shot- everyone knows that- but stranger things have happened.

And even if Bernie loses we're not beat. Who would have imagined a movement like this during, say, the Bush Jr. administration? That was not very long ago? No, not beat, just getting warmed up! Come on along!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    No
    Yes, i do think that the very wodespread support for Bernie on the citizen level is very meaningful, whether he wins or not. It's basically the Rome wasn't built in a day thing. Bernie's popularity is not fringe like it would have been even 4 - 8 years ago. It is mainstream now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I am American - Yes
    Finally voted. I'd say I'm concerned.

Go read some of the comments from the beginning of this thread about his odds of winning the GOP nomination ... I'm seeing the same comments in the Trump thread about his odds to beat Hillary ...

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    I am American - Yes
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

Don't be sad. If Bernie loses the nomination, he has said he's sworn to continue his movement, I'm thinking that as a senator. He's done much good all these years and he will continue to fight the good fight.

PJ_Soul said:

I guess I'll change my answer if Bernie runs as an independent. In that case, I think Trump would win the Presidency. Which is, obviously, unfortunate. Bernie is the best person in the entire race.

I doubt he'll run as an independent. He knows that will just cost Hillary the election. Nothing positive could come of him running as an independent. He's already got his name and message out there. Plus he's already sticking around too long.
    Get used to it because the world is changing. People are changing. The young are voting for Sanders in huge numbers because they see it happening and understand the need for change. And a few older people like me are glad to see smart young people fighting for that change.

Well, we haven't gotten to the convention yet so until then, we're not beat. Bernie is a long shot- everyone knows that- but stranger things have happened.

And even if Bernie loses we're not beat. Who would have imagined a movement like this during, say, the Bush Jr. administration? That was not very long ago? No, not beat, just getting warmed up! Come on along!
    Hey I voted for Bernie in the primary. It's not that I don't support his movement. But as far as the 2016 Democratic Primary goes, he is beat. It'd probably be in the best interest of Bernie's own vision to begin supporting Hillary. She needs all the help she can get.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    No
    And some sound advice from him as well. She's got a lot of room for improvement.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    I am American - No
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Yeah his got a lot of steam now I'm starting to think he might end up in the WH ,, scary indeed ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    I am American - Yes
    concerned, no.

terrified, yes.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    If i was american it would scare me that it will be hillary v donald. I wouldnt want either of those turds in office.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

No

If i was american it would scare me that it will be hillary v donald. I wouldnt want either of those turds in office.

I don't find Clinton scary.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I am American - No
    I need to change my vote
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Simpsons nailed it about the GOP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6CVvNRQcvE
  • retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited May 2016
    I am American - No
    Ok, ok... I am actually beginning to fear the next four years. How the fuck did we let this happen?
    PJ_Soul said:

I think she's as crooked and war hungry as the rest.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    MayDay10 said:

I would say there is a zero percent chance he wins. Maybe a <1% chance he wins the R nomination.</p>

If only you were right!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    edited May 2016
    I am American - Yes
    "

Ok, ok... I am actually beginning to fear the next four years. How the fuck did we let this happen?

GOP didn't take him seriously ... a pattern I'm seeing repeated by the Democrats ...
    No

PJ_Soul said:

Sure, as much as the rest of the Dems. Not scary IMO. Obama isn't scary either. I reserve that word for the ones who threaten individual freedoms and civil rights or want to turn the US into a theocracy. Shit like that.
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Sure, as much as the rest of the Dems. Not scary IMO. Obama isn't scary either. I reserve that word for the ones who threaten individual freedoms and civil rights or want to turn the US into a theocracy. Shit like that.
    I almost feel as if she's a red in blue clothing.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I am American - No
    Kasich dropped out. :( He was the most decent of the republicans.
    I am American - No
    And no, I'm still not scared of Trump. He doesn't want it.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    I am American - No
    im still not scared. we americans are stupid, but we aren't stupid enough to elect this trogolodyte.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    I am American - No
    Since they are gonna vote for him in record numbers...no.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin

How do you feel?

Unreal that the GOP let this happen to their party Trump is your pick really Trump is your pick !!! Ryan is chugging Johnny Walker blue as we speak wondering how did this happen !! Do people realize that starting now Trump will get access to classified info updates daily haha hah haha ha ha ...
    Wow. I shall eat my words. I predicted Trump's popularity would sink like an old man's shorts after Taco Bell. Boy was I wrong.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594

Wow. I shall eat my words. I predicted Trump's popularity would sink like an old man's shorts after Taco Bell. Boy was I wrong.

I don't see how he is that popular. I live in the second most conservative county in California- a county that ALWAYS votes republican- and I have yet to meet one single person who admits they will vote for Trump. Where are all these Trump supporters??
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I am American - No
    brianlux said:

I don't see how he is that popular. I live in the second most conservative county in California- a county that ALWAYS votes republican- and I have yet to meet one single person who admits they will vote for Trump. Where are all these Trump supporters??
    Probably Nickleback fans. Nobody admits to liking them, yet they sell millions of records.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Stupid people in large groups. Look at fans of Bieber, Twilight. Kartrashians and Adam Sandler movies.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I am American - Yes
    HAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHA ! THIS IS JUST GREAT ! the Trump Train is rolling at full steam, you guys are the same folks who voted for Obama and support Hell'ary Clinton ...talk about two misguided people in the white house, you all need to just watch and pay attention he may turn things around and if he does not then after 4 to 8 years we get a new one, after barley surviving the Obama fiasco how could thing's get worse ? I'll bet that Trump could get this country out of debt at the very least, if he does that he'll have accomplished more than Obama did.

Godfather.

HAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHA ! THIS IS JUST GREAT ! the Trump Train is rolling at full steam, you guys are the same folks who voted for Obama and support Hell'ary Clinton ...talk about two misguided people in the white house, you all need to just watch and pay attention he may turn things around and if he does not then after 4 to 8 years we get a new one, after barley surviving the Obama fiasco how could thing's get worse ? I'll bet that Trump could get this country out of debt at the very least, if he does that he'll have accomplished more than Obama did.

Godfather.

But you voted yes in this poll as being concerned and now you will vote for him in November the savior of this country ...