Options

*** Tampa Fanviews Here 6/12/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,744
    rrivers wrote:
    pjtaper does seem to be pretty negative, but I agree that they could end without Alive and YLB.

You people are just going to have to come to grips with the fact that the band is gonna play a couple hits here and there. I've heard a rumor that some people don't go to every show, or buy every boot ... Alive and Ledbetter are for them.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    It seems like just about everyone likes the slowed down version of GTF. I actually love it faster. Am I in the minority on that one? Even now, when I go and listen to Yield, I get frustrated that it's not faster like in most of their bootlegs.

Yeah, you're in the minority ;)

In truth, it is best played somewhere between the snail's pace of the album and the we've-got-to-finish-this-song-in-2 1/2-minutes pace of the '06 tour ...
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    Wow, I don't come around here much but I do have to say I expected a lot more grousing about the setlists...especially the number of repeats between WPB and Tampa...very nice not to see that.

We get spoiled with a band like PJ because they mix it up a good bit from night to night...far more than average for a band of their scale...but really all any band owes its fans is an honest performance, and they delivered that both nights in spades. I took such exception with the Miami Herald's review of West Palm because the reviewer just griped on the setlist...they didn't play enough well known songs...but it's not WHAT they play, it's HOW they play it. Duh.

I disagree that all a band owes its fans is an honest performance. Fans know that Pearl Jam mixes up the setlist on different nights which is one of the reasons that so many people go to multiple shows. I don't think it's too much to ask for 2 shows which are in cities close together or the same city on multiple nights have different setlists. I'm not saying they have to play super rare songs, just different songs. I actually didn't think the setlists for those two nights were that bad, but I was disappointed when I saw them in 06 at all 3 SF shows and every night they played Alive, Even Flow, and Life Wasted. I thought Ed's solo shows could have had a more varied setlist too.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    You people are just going to have to come to grips with the fact that the band is gonna play a couple hits here and there. I've heard a rumor that some people don't go to every show, or buy every boot ... Alive and Ledbetter are for them.

Read my next post. There are other songs they can play that are popular. I'm not asking them to play "Brother".

There are a lot of people who go to more than one show, especially if they are in the same city.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Read my next post. There are other songs they can play that are popular. I'm not asking them to play "Brother".

although, now that you mention it, that would be cool ;)
  • Options
    although, now that you mention it, that would be cool ;)

It's settled then. They will replace Yellow Ledbetter with "Brother" (version with lyrics). Done and done.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    I disagree that all a band owes its fans is an honest performance. Fans know that Pearl Jam mixes up the setlist on different nights which is one of the reasons that so many people go to multiple shows. I don't think it's too much to ask for 2 shows which are in cities close together or the same city on multiple nights have different setlists.

Do we really have to go through this on every tour?

They've played 48 songs between the two dates so far on this tour. Forty (40) of them were played only at one show or the other. That's 40 unique songs already. 40!!!!

If you want more unique-ness than that, your expectations are just way too ridiculous.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    It's settled then. They will replace Yellow Ledbetter with "Brother" (version with lyrics). Done and done.

but Brother has to have the Yellow Ledbetter lyrics.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    rrivers wrote:
    I disagree that all a band owes its fans is an honest performance. Fans know that Pearl Jam mixes up the setlist on different nights which is one of the reasons that so many people go to multiple shows. I don't think it's too much to ask for 2 shows which are in cities close together or the same city on multiple nights have different setlists.

I'm not looking for any trouble here, but I have to say that this is an argument that has always driven me nuts.

Pearl Jam has no control over who goes to what shows. Is it reasonable to assume a lot people in West Palm Beach were also going to Tampa? Maybe. Maybe not. Depends. I went to both nights, and I'm sure a lot of others did, and a lot also didn't. Should this factor into the composition of the setlist? In my opinion, not at all.

But oh well, this could go round and around for awhile...I have nothing further to add, so I'll just bid adieu to this line of discussion and let others carry it forth if they will. Peace.
  • Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    First, the preshow party was great. Erik768 and Floridaman it was great meeting you two and hanging out before the show. Stoneg, you guys did a great job.

KOL was really good and I don't know the names of their songs but the last song they played kicked ass and really seemed to get the crowd excited.

Pearl Jam was unbelievable. Sometimes was a great opener and they never stopped after that. The highlight for me was Present Tense. They were so tight on that song and the ending was fucking awesome. The band was having lots of fun and they were all over the place and full of energy.

The crowd was the best crowd I have ever been a part of and the energy in that building was so powerful. The best PJ show I have ever seen and I can't wait to get the bootleg to this one.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    i gotta admit, for the record, the last 2 shows i've been to i took casual PJ fans with me (different people for each show) and those popular songs people complain about like YL are what absolutely made the show for most of my friends. Several of them are die-hards now because of the mass singalongs and actually appreciate the hidden gems but still, you gotta remember those who post on this board are the minority of show attendees.

that being said those of you who heard faithful in WPB, i am envious. will definitely be getting that boot
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Was Master/ Slave played before they came on??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    I saw some people with some nice zoom cameras. My camera sux... zoom was fuzzy and the pics came out dark. I did get really nice one of E jumping mid air with guitar that i have no idea how to post on here(please tell me how and i will!). If anyone has a nice close up of Ed's face, please share. i wasnt close but would love to see one. Thanks!
    D
  • Options
    PJISAJPJISAJ Posts: 11
    Do we really have to go through this on every tour?

They've played 48 songs between the two dates so far on this tour. Forty (40) of them were played only at one show or the other. That's 40 unique songs already. 40!!!!

If you want more unique-ness than that, your expectations are just way too ridiculous.

AMEN. Any other band would have played the EXACT same setlist both nights!!
    7/9/1995, 9/22/1996, 6/26/1998, 6/27/1998, 7/2/1998, 6/13/1999 (TFC, EV ONLY), 8/18/2000, 10/8/2000 (ICE BOWL), 10/9/2000, 4/23/2003, 6/18/2003, 6/21/2003, 10/2/2004 (VFC), 5/16/2006, 5/17/2006, 6/24/2006, 6/30/2006, 8/5/2007, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 8/19/2008 (ED), 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10
  • Options

i wish i could go to every show. i am a die hard fan and have only been to four shows...i have to work to survive unfortunately. i hope people dont equate not going to every show with being a casual fan....
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Was Master/ Slave played before they came on??

Don't all answer at once anyway
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169

No. It wasn't.
  • Options

i dont know sorry...i would answer you if i could....
    by the way, dont all answer at once for my plea for a pic either....there are 91 people viewing and no one can help me out...where's the love?
  • Options
    FloridamanFloridaman Posts: 15
    I was stoked to see Yellow Ledbetter last night! Of course it was the first time I've gotten to see it live...but I knew it was coming and still I was quite happy. The next time I get the privilege of seeing PJ live, I would be equally stoked again to see it. I didn't sing along during Alive/YL (well as good as possible) I was just taking in the moment. I don't understand the griping to be honest, I'm glad to see most people aren't doing it. As one poster pointed out they played 40 unique songs in 2 days! Tampa obviously was more "hit" or "sing along" intensive but the crowds intensity/energy was great and the band was on. Really what more could you really expect. Would you really expect them to play a 35 song set with 15 rare songs in the South anyway? I love them but go watch the RHCP or Weezer or almost any other act 2 shows in a row/on the same tour and you MAY get 2 songs that are different, if you're lucky.
    Thumbing My Way back to............
    4/15/03, 10/6/04, 6/12/08
  • Options
    lukinratslukinrats Posts: 6
    I took these with my Iphone... Not too bad, but not the greatest either... Wish I could be at a few more of these

IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg

Enjoy

Later
  • Options
    Here is the rest of what I have... I think!!!!!!

IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0186-1.jpg
    IMG_0192-1.jpg
    IMG_0198-1.jpg
    Picture007-1.jpg
    Picture056-1.jpg
    Picture063-1.jpg
    Picture077-1.jpg
    Picture078-1.jpg
    Picture085-1.jpg
    Picture096-1.jpg
    Picture106-1.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0198.jpg
    Picture007.jpg
  • Options
    Whoops... A Few more!!
    \
    Picture056.jpg
    Picture063.jpg
    Picture077.jpg
    Picture078.jpg
    Picture085.jpg
    Picture096.jpg
    Picture106.jpg
  • Options
    Sorry about these last two posts... I just realized that this board has the IMG and HTML imbedding turned off.... This really really sucks... I hate having to follow links to see pictures
  • Options
    disregard me
  • Options
    Fury ThreeFury Three Posts: 32
    To those who didn't like the setlist:
    a) Were you even there or do you just like to find these things and complain?
    b) I sure wish I had your problems.
  • Options
    no shit....people complain way too much
    we should all just be happy to be in the band's awesome presence and to see that kind of talent
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    THANK YOU ED AND GUYS!!!

I HAVE WAITED SO LONG TO HEAR NOTHINGMAN LIVE

A dream come true, what an amazing show, surely my favorite of all, amazing set list, amazing PJ friends, it couldnt have been better!!
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    Fury Three wrote:
    To those who didn't like the setlist:
    a) Were you even there or do you just like to find these things and complain?
    b) I sure wish I had your problems.

All I can complain about is that I was too stupid to buy tickets to any of these shows. Great setlists so far!
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    6-12-08
    Tampa, Florida
    St. Petersburg Times Forum

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0FRMR9PE

1. Sometimes
    2. Corduroy
    3. Daughter

Any chance of someone uploading these as MP3 instead of M4A?
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net