Options

*** Tampa Fanviews Here 6/12/2008 ***

stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Because Kat hasn't put it up yet and I thought some might like to post soon.

June 12, 2008 St. Pete Times Forum, Tampa, FL, U.S.A.

Support: Kings of Leon

Main Set: Sometimes, Corduroy, Why Go, Severed Hand, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Marker In The Sand, Light Years, Down, Wishlist, Given To Fly, Daughter (Blitzkrieg Bop tag), Even Flow, Present Tense, Insignificance, Better Man, Do The Evolution

Encore 1: Nothingman, Black, Life Wasted, Porch

Encore 2: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Ed solo), Alive, Yellow Ledbetter (with Star Spangled Banner)

Please share your Fanviews of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Fury ThreeFury Three Posts: 32
    http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/mdeep88/events/2008-06-12_pearl_jam/
    I did not expect that seat.
    The show was amazing, the crowd was great... I might post more later, right now I'm too exhausted to go on very long.
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Wow! Congratulations!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    wigoutdcpwigoutdcp Posts: 273
    usually get good seats with my 173### number (esp in australia) but lucked out and got 9th row isle (yes that was me, the spastic freak, jumping)
    2 down three to go this leg
    now at 43 total shows
    dcp
    grand junction CO
    ?? shows and counting....GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD
  • Options
    So fucking glad I got to hear porch.
  • Options
    Fury Three wrote:
    The show was amazing, the crowd was great... I might post more later, right now I'm too exhausted to go on very long.

Damn looks like you hit the lottery! Were you in the first row??? Great Pictures thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    battan1120battan1120 Posts: 310
    Fury Three wrote:
    The show was amazing, the crowd was great... I might post more later, right now I'm too exhausted to go on very long.[/QU
    Awesome pics!!!!!Thanks 4 SHARING!!!!!!!
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Fury Three wrote:

Wow, beautiful pics.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Fury Three wrote:

Sensational. I am so jelous.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    Fury Three wrote:

Thanks for the pics, they are amazing. Glad you had a great time:)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    awesome set list.....love it.....

so wish I could have been there.....Tanpa rules......as does Busch Gardens!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    Fury Three wrote:

great shots. thanks for sharing! :)
    congrads on scoring sweet seats.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,738
    Close enough to touch "the suitcase." Woa...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    great evening......ed shared stories of his childhood hero, i forget his name, he was the right fielder for the cubs. also there was a little girl, 2 or 3 years of age, that was in row 5 that recieved many accolades from ed because she stayed awake the entire show and her father held her the entire time. ed had a good time sharing his biceps, to show what holding children will do.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    FloridamanFloridaman Posts: 15
    Got to first give a thank you to erik768 who hooked me up with a good seat.
    It was a rockin' set for sure. It was a touch short I guess, but the energy was there the entire time and it didn't seem so short while I was there. I got to hear a lot of songs I really really wanted to hear such as Light Years, Present Tense, Life Wasted, YL, Black, and Nothingman. Did anyone notice that Stone's glasses fell off really early in the set and break, or did I not see things right? Very cool show
    Thumbing My Way back to............
    4/15/03, 10/6/04, 6/12/08
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Ed was chatty last night - some pretty funny stuff. The show was in the St.Pete Times Forum, which is in Tampa. He was joking about how confusing that is and then looked up and saw the Canadian flag (it's the NHL arena) and was like, "Where the fuck are we?!"

Great show with a LOT of crowd energy. I've been to probably 20 shows at the Forum and last night's audience could compete with any of them for intensity. The band really seemed impressed and Ed said they wouldn't forget it. Maybe we won't have to wait so long for a show next time (5 years!).

The set was fantastic. Lots of variety and some real gems - Sometimes, Light Years, Down and Hide Your Love away were nice to hear. Lots of "hits" for the casual fans to sing along with and they did a nice job.

Show highlights for me were... Severed Hand (that song just rocks), Elderly Woman (dedicated to Bradenton :) ), Evolution (great main set ender), Nothingman (great encore starter), Alive (Mike cranked the best solo I've heard on that one) and Porch.

But the standout song for me was Present Tense. There are a few times in the 100s of shows I've seen when a band just merges into one life form. The Stones doing Midnight Rambler was another time that I saw it happen. The jam during the final build at the end was a thing of beauty. If you're thinking of buying the boot, this is the one song that will make it worth having alone.

Great night in Tampa. Now on to MSG 1+2!
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    nukeboot wrote:
    Ed was chatty last night - some pretty funny stuff. The show was in the St.Pete Times Forum, which is in Tampa. He was joking about how confusing that is and then looked up and saw the Canadian flag (it's the NHL arena) and was like, "Where the fuck are we?!"

Great show with a LOT of crowd energy. I've been to probably 20 shows at the Forum and last night's audience could compete with any of them for intensity. The band really seemed impressed and Ed said they wouldn't forget it. Maybe we won't have to wait so long for a show next time (5 years!).

The set was fantastic. Lots of variety and some real gems - Sometimes, Light Years, Down and Hide Your Love away were nice to hear. Lots of "hits" for the casual fans to sing along with and they did a nice job.

Show highlights for me were... Severed Hand (that song just rocks), Elderly Woman (dedicated to Bradenton :) ), Evolution (great main set ender), Nothingman (great encore starter), Alive (Mike cranked the best solo I've heard on that one) and Porch.

But the standout song for me was Present Tense. There are a few times in the 100s of shows I've seen when a band just merges into one life form. The Stones doing Midnight Rambler was another time that I saw it happen. The jam during the final build at the end was a thing of beauty. If you're thinking of buying the boot, this is the one song that will make it worth having alone.

Great night in Tampa. Now on to MSG 1+2!

This set list kicks ass. I hope they bust out Present Tense during one of the 3 shows I'm hitting. Plus their "hits", which means I must be just a casual fan. :)
  • Options
    Plus their "hits", which means I must be just a casual fan. :)

I like casual fans. They fill the seats!

:D
  • Options
    nukeboot wrote:

Great set list. I hope they break out Present Tense for one of the two MSG shows... I notice they are closing out with Alive/Leadbetter.. Oh No! Where is my Baba!!!
    9/26/96 Randall's Island, 8/29/98 Camden NJ, 8/25/00 Jones Beach, 9/2/00 Camden NJ, 4/28/03 Spectrum, 7/8/03 MSG, 10/1/05 Atlantic City, 6/1/06 Meadowlands, 6/3/06 Meadowlands, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/18/10 Newark, 10/21/10 MSG

'Pussies No More!' - ev 6/1/06
  • Options
    gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    Fury Three wrote:

holy crap! Great seat!! So does Eddie trim his nose hairs?
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Aside from a major lyric flub on Life Wasted, Ed was pretty much dead on the whole night!

That was hilarious. It looked like Ed came in too early.

Oh, and thanks 10C!

My number isn't great - high 200's, but our seats were fantastic. Four rows up on the side, 15 seats out from the stage.

And the 10Clubbers around us were great folks.

Cheers!
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Looks like a much better poster imho.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/81326
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    This was probably in the top 5 PJ shows I have seen.

I thought West Palm was an ok show, but Tampa was a great show.

The pre-show get togethers were great, meeting new PJ fans was awesome, and I was thrilled to have back to back shows with PJ in Florida again! Maybe next time we won't have to wait five years...

To top it all off, I snatched an EV guitar pick!!!

For those keeping track - 10C # 141xxx, 11th row on Mikes side.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    last nite's show blew WPB away!!! both great shows, but tampa was unbelievable! this is one boot I know I'll be buying as soon as it is up.....awesome set list and the band was tight!!!!
  • Options
    aicbones1aicbones1 Posts: 6
    Anyone know why Eddie singled out Bradenton, FL before going into Small Town? Is there some history there?
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,319
    Looks like a real good show!

No Ed pre-set? I'll be slightly bummed if he doesn't do them this tour, although it takes the pressure off of getting to the venue early.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    aicbones wrote:
    Anyone know why Eddie singled out Bradenton, FL before going into Small Town? Is there some history there?
    my friend who lives here in florida informed me that it is a retirement community.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    aicbones wrote:

Just a guess, but I believe his girlfriend/wife, not sure if they are married, attended Manatee High School in Bradenton for a short time.
  • Options
    aicbones1aicbones1 Posts: 6
    ajedigecko wrote:
    my friend who lives here in florida informed me that it is a retirement community.

Well, I'm 28 and I happen to live in Bradenton, so that's not necessarily true :). But I was wondering if Eddie or someone else in PJ had some kind of connection. I just thought it was interesting that he knew about it.
  • Options
    aicbones wrote:

It was after his discussion about Tampa/St.Pete and I think he just picked Bradenton because it's a nearby "small town". Not really, but compared to it's neighbors it is.