Options

*** Tampa Fanviews Here 6/12/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Was Porch played at full speed, or with a slow beginning?
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    Murderers wrote:
    Was Porch played at full speed, or with a slow beginning?

Slow beginning....Ed alone.

Then the band jumped in and it kicked ass.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    The funniest part was that he clearly looked to the front row for help when he forgot the words and I guess none of the people he looked at knew the words either, cause he couldn't jump in until the second verse :)

Well....in West Palm he forgot the words to Alive. It is entertaining to watch his reaction when he forgets lyrics...
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    stylo17 wrote:
    Because Kat hasn't put it up yet and I thought some might like to post soon.

June 12, 2008 St. Pete Times Forum, Tampa, FL, U.S.A.

Support: Kings of Leon

Main Set: Sometimes, Corduroy, Why Go, Severed Hand, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Marker In The Sand, Light Years, Down, Wishlist, Given To Fly, Daughter (Blitzkrieg Bop tag), Even Flow, Present Tense, Insignificance, Better Man, Do The Evolution

Encore 1: Nothingman, Black, Life Wasted, Porch

Encore 2: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Ed solo), Alive, Yellow Ledbetter (with Star Spangled Banner)

Please share your Fanviews of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
    At least the poster was good... WOW, ending with Alive and YLB... there's a shocker!

Had I bought tickets to every show of this tour, I would be kicking myself harder than if I bought an ames sub!
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    nukeboot wrote:
    It was after his discussion about Tampa/St.Pete and I think he just picked Bradenton because it's a nearby "small town". Not really, but compared to it's neighbors it is.

I wasn't there, but I have been to quite a few shows where he probably just finds out what a small town is around and uses it.

I am not a big poster guy, but that is a cool poster. I like the similarity to Led Zep's "Presence", the avocado, and the prism. Cool.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Ok hope I don't blasted for this.I enjoyed WPB more because of songs like Oceans (as a opener),Low Light,Faithfull,Who You Are,Sad,Dissident,Glorified G.
    But I have personal reason's for loving the Tampa show.That have nothing to do with the set list.We had an awesome preparty for Huntington's disease and I got the meet Stone's wife.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    pjtaper wrote:
    At least the poster was good... WOW, ending with Alive and YLB... there's a shocker!

Had I bought tickets to every show of this tour, I would be kicking myself harder than if I bought an ames sub!
    Do you ever post anything postitive?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Poncier wrote:

x1,000
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Poncier wrote:

If he knew how good last night's show really was he WOULD be kicking himself.

:D
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Can someone please post a pic of Stone and his new Do?!?!?!?!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    pjtaper wrote:

congratulations. you are the biggest and most predictable douche on the board.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    stoneg wrote:
    Ok hope I don't blasted for this.I enjoyed WPB more because of songs like Oceans (as a opener),Low Light,Faithfull,Who You Are,Sad,Dissident,Glorified G.
    But I have personal reason's for loving the Tampa show.That have nothing to do with the set list.We had an awesome preparty for Huntington's disease and I got the meet Stone's wife.

You guys did an awesome job with the fundraiser, man, and you are right about WPB having some cool songs on the list. I just think the overall vibe was a lot better in Tampa, the band was tighter, and it was 100 degrees inside the arena. :)

Glad I could help you out with that ticket...hope your little girl enjoyed the show!

Scott
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    yahamita wrote:
    Can someone please post a pic of Stone and his new Do?!?!?!?!

this one? http://www.flickr.com/photos/pearljamofficial/2571775421/in/set-72157605571404779/
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Definitely one of the best PJ shows I've ever seen, the band was on fire, the crowd was great - it was worth the five year wait!! Hopefully we won't have to wait so long next time though...

Thanks for the great pics posted so far, does anyone have more?
    West Palm Beach '98, '00, '03
    Tampa '00, '03, '08
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    pjtaper wrote:

pjtaper does seem to be pretty negative, but I agree that they could end without Alive and YLB.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Congrats on the great seats and thnx for the pics. Great setlist. Can't wait till DC!
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    pjtaper is mad because they didn't play Just A Girl. :rolleyes:
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    rock ing in the free world

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    stylo17 wrote:
    Because Kat hasn't put it up yet and I thought some might like to post soon.

June 12, 2008 St. Pete Times Forum, Tampa, FL, U.S.A.

Support: Kings of Leon

Main Set: Sometimes, Corduroy, Why Go, Severed Hand, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Marker In The Sand, Light Years, Down, Wishlist, Given To Fly, Daughter (Blitzkrieg Bop tag), Even Flow, Present Tense, Insignificance, Better Man, Do The Evolution

Encore 1: Nothingman, Black, Life Wasted, Porch

Encore 2: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Ed solo), Alive, Yellow Ledbetter (with Star Spangled Banner)

Please share your Fanviews of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Some thoughts on the show....

First of all, Kings of leon rocked. Although they were loud as shit, I really enjoyed their performance. molly chambers and four kicks, i was happy.

Now to pearl jam.....

The band was tuned up excellent and the sound quality was great. It seemed that Mike and Matt were sounding a little clearer/louder than 2006.

Sometimes is a nice opener, had a smooth little jam on the end. Why Go was great in the third slot, really got the crowd going.

Light Years / Down was a very nice surprise. Glad to be able to hear both songs.

Given to fly was slowed down and sounded fuckin perfect. Half of the building was jumping as the song built up into the first chorus. Even flow actually sounded a tad slower as well this show (more like a version from 2000).

Present tense(also perfect), insignificance, DTE.....great close to the main set.

The encores were solid....nothingman, black, and hide your love away stood out.

Musically - the best sounding show I have ever been to. For being only the second show of the tour, the guys seemed really on. Great energy in the crowd as well (floor was pretty animated, seemed that the lottery did help a bit).

Can't wait for Boston!
  • Options
    It seems like just about everyone likes the slowed down version of GTF. I actually love it faster. Am I in the minority on that one? Even now, when I go and listen to Yield, I get frustrated that it's not faster like in most of their bootlegs.
    Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Personally, seeing basically the exact same second encore 2 nights in a row was a little boring, but I guess that is what the band wants to do. Unfortunately.

You and taper need to pour yourselves a drink. Your glasses are half empty.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
    Fury Three wrote:
    http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/mdeep88/events/2008-06-12_pearl_jam/
    I did not expect that seat.
    The show was amazing, the crowd was great... I might post more later, right now I'm too exhausted to go on very long.

That back drop is pretty F'in' sweet
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,940
    Fury Three wrote:
    http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/mdeep88/events/2008-06-12_pearl_jam/
    I did not expect that seat.
    The show was amazing, the crowd was great... I might post more later, right now I'm too exhausted to go on very long.

wow, awesome , awesome pictures man....damn. front and centre!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    Hell of a show last nite in Tampa!! Great set list... the band was tight... i know its only gonna get better from here.

great job to all those involved in the Pre-party planning... Hattricks was a great time... close to the arena and very reasonable!!

Thanks to all for a great nite!!

See ya in Camden!
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    BMoore09BMoore09 Posts: 177
    Great shows in WPB and Tampa. The Tampa setlist was nothing to write home about, but of the 14 or so shows I've been to, somehow this one ranked in the top 3 (and that includes the VIC last year). I just had a really good time, and it looks like they were too. Why go and Who You Are were definately my faves..

As far as Alive and YL, I have to agree..I'm ready for something new. I've been going to shows since 2000, and I think theyve ended on YL on all but one or two.

Thanks for finally coming for FL, and I hope they come again soon.

Being from Bradenton, FL, I don't know why you dedicated the song to us, but thanks!
    West Palm Beach I, WPB II, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville 2000
    West Palm Beach 2003
    Tampa 2003
    The VIC - Chicago 2007
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Tampa 2008
    Ed Solo 2008 NYC
    Philly 10/30/2009
    Columbus 2010
  • Options
    Pearl Jam
    6-12-08
    Tampa, Florida
    St. Petersburg Times Forum

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0FRMR9PE

1. Sometimes
    2. Corduroy
    3. Daughter
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    6-12-08
    Tampa, Florida

1. Sometimes
    2. Corduroy
    3. Daughter

It works! :D

Thank youuuuu!!!!! :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    It works! :D

Thank youuuuu!!!!! :)

Your show is up too. :cool:

Great fanview by the way.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    6-12-08
    Tampa, Florida

1. Sometimes
    2. Corduroy
    3. Daughter

Sounds good...a nice treat while we wait for the full show!!

Thanks!!!!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Wow, I don't come around here much but I do have to say I expected a lot more grousing about the setlists...especially the number of repeats between WPB and Tampa...very nice not to see that.

We get spoiled with a band like PJ because they mix it up a good bit from night to night...far more than average for a band of their scale...but really all any band owes its fans is an honest performance, and they delivered that both nights in spades. I took such exception with the Miami Herald's review of West Palm because the reviewer just griped on the setlist...they didn't play enough well known songs...but it's not WHAT they play, it's HOW they play it. Duh.

Been a fan for 16 years and going to shows for 12 and I got 1st row in WPB and 2nd row in Tampa...thanks so much 10C! I will never forget these last two nights. Still really putting my brain back together. Amazing, unbelievable...just a beautiful experience.