• Options
    AddictedAddicted Posts: 124
    Will give a review when i get back from Virginia. some vids so far

http://www.youtube.com/user/PearlJamzz
    hold on to the thread
    the currents will shift
  • Options
    aicbones1aicbones1 Posts: 6
    Eddie mentioned before Elderly Woman that he was not sure if they were in Canada, or the US, because of the huge Canadian flag they hang for the hockey games. He then dedicated the song to anyone from Bradenton!!! Thats my home town, where I live, and one of my all time favorite songs!!! Let me say that this was the most personal moment I have ever had at a concert. I was moved to tears, and will never forget the moment. When he said that me and my friend let out a big yell, and we felt like the only people in the room. Thank you Eddie Vedder. You are my hero.

Hey Bradenton buddy! My wife and I live there as well and we both let out big screams when he dedicated the song. We looked around afterwards and thought everyone around us was staring at us :).
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Yeah I saw you, you were few rows behind me.... I think the house was more than packed it was super packed (so ..... there goes the "the South doesnt sell tkts") BUT for being that packed I don't think the crowd brought it as much as the Tampa crowd did...
    lol! what??? and you know me from.....
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Both shows were great, sat stones side for wp 5 rows back, the crowd was into it, out on the lawn looking back they looked liked fans usually do on the lawn late in a show, the tampa crowd was more quiet on mikes side sat 4th row, the arena as a whole was wilder as the night went on but arenas are differant. Just like the differance between the spectrum 03 and the camden amphitheaters.

The experience was great and the florida crowd was into them.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Just got back to Oklahoma from Tampa and my wife and I had an awesome time! Great setlist and great energy! I've seen PJ 12 times and this was my first time seeing two of my favorites, Present Tense and Light Years. Also, did anyone see the guy on the side of the stage (Stone's side) that looked like Bill Gates???? Was that him??

Thanks 10C for awesome 3rd row seats on the side!!
  • Options
    Tampa show was awesome the Forum was packed. It was my first time I've been to the Tampa arena but it was pretty cool. My favorite arena to see a band in is Philips in Atlanta but the Tampa forum was cool too.

What's funny about the whole thing about the south doesn't sell tickets is people from the north that are idiots. IF they play big cities they sell out. I've never seen a Tampa show that was not packed out. They sold Philips Arena out from top to bottom and every North Carolina show that I have been to has been sold out. The only show in the south that I have been to that wasn't sold out was in Birmingham and Birmingham is a small city compared to Atlanta, Charlotte, etc.

Also anyone going to the Columbia show? I'm nervous about it. I had no idea where the hell Columbia was and I went ahead and bought tickets to it but Columbia is in the middle of fucking NOWHERE. I don't think attendance is going to be very good because from what I gather the only thing there is the University of South Carolina and it's in the middle of summer so school is going to be out. We'll see. Hopefully the band won't get pissed that it's not a sell out and only play for an hour.
  • Options
    PJDMBfanPJDMBfan Posts: 1
    I am going to the Columbia show, and my friend and I are going to be leaving from Charlotte after work, so with traffic we will be cutting it close time-wise. What time does Pearl Jam take the stage? I know that Kings of Leon are scheduled for 7:30, but what about PJ?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    pj is @ 8:45
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    my review:

the sound was excellent, much, much better than last time at the icepalace... maybe the best indoor sound I have ever heard.

KOL gave the best pj opener performance I have heard.

setlist was a tad up and down but overall fairly good. PT was very nice.

mike was as solid as he has been in years.

ed fucked up several times, flat out butchering life wasted.

stone had tons of energy at the begining.

great show... hard to be dissapointed. I couldn't attend WPB and everyone I talked too said Tampa blew the doors off it.

last remark: pj fans are aging my quicker than the band... that is a good thing i guess :)
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    My daughter and I drove from Orlando and arrived at the venue at approx 2:30. opened my envelope and there it was .. I won the lottery!!! Mike's side of the stage, row 2!!

We then drove to St Petersburg to tour the Salvador Dali Museum. My daughter is a big fan. Very cool museum.

The show was AWESOME as it always is. On this night they played Daughter and Elderly Woman.. two of my daughter's favorites. They also played Nothingman and Black.. I love this band!!!

All in all, it was a great vacation in the Sunshine State. Three days of Disney and two days of PEARL JAM!!

p.s. PJ please play Kansas City next year.. ok?
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    JoWesleyJoWesley Posts: 109
    Of the 2 shows, this was definitely my favorite!! I was again blessed with great seats, this was probably the closest I have sat at a show (sec 129, rowF) My voice was almost gone from WPB but I was able to squeak out a bit more for Tampa!

My first show ever was Toronto in 93. My boyfriend at the time (now husband!) surprised me by letting me know he got tickets to see Pearl Jam and Niel Young...that night! The problem, I was in Indiana at the time. He flew me from Indy to Detroit and we drove the long drive to Toronto. We were stuck in traffic in Detroit and by the time we made it to the show late. How late? They played the last verse of Porch and walked off the stage. I was crushed but determined to see them again!

With that bit of history, I was so beyond thrilled to hear Porch in Tampa. I love hearing that song live! I was brought close to tears when Ed reflected the light off his guitar on the audience during Porch. One of my favorite parts of Immagine.

My 4 year old daughter is a huge Ed fan. I have apparently been listening to Into the Wild a few too many times during the car pool. :D When she hears Florida, she thinks Disney. So she asked me to buy her a present when we went to Disney. I told her we weren't going to Disney but were going to see Pearl Jam. She was totally angry with me! She said, "You are going to see Eddie Veddie without me?" I just thought it was incredibly funny that she was completely ok with me going to Disney, but not ok with me going to see PJ without her. Her name is Emma so when he said hi to the Emma in the audience, we were able to tape it. My Emma is convinced he is talking to her. :)

My husband is a casual fan. I was a huge fan when I met him and he is the one who lets me drag him all over the country to see them play..so I owe him a huge thank you for putting up with me the last few days. :D

Thanks again to all the fans who made this such a great show! I was beyond excited to see Kings as well. They were so great!!! I really love that band and was not at all disappointed with seeing them live!
    Aug 93 - Toronto Mar 94 - Ann Arbor
    Sep 96 - Toledo Aug 98 - East Lansing
    Oct 00 - Detroit Apr 03 - Cleveland
    Jun 03 - Detroit May 06 - Grand Rapids & Detroit
    Jul 07 - Lolla Jun 08 - WPB & Tampa
    Vedder: DC 1&2, Chicago 2
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    The band's energy was fantastic for both shows. We had a blast. Setlists and tickets being equal, I think I prefer arena shows. There's something about arena-rock and it is usually louder/more intense in an arena. Because of this and Black, I give my slight edge to Tampa. YO-PJ. Come back soon please, like in the fall, and lend your voice to Florida voters.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    RacerN8RacerN8 Posts: 9
    I don't want to be negative, as this is my first post, but unfortunately, I do have a beef with the St. Pete Times Forum show. Unlike everybody else who has posted here, I thought the sound absolutely sucked! My guess is, all of you who have posted previously about this show were sitting either on the floor or definitely in the lower level.

Well, let me tell you how it was in the upper level of the arena. It sucked! The echoes in that dump made it almost impossible to hear anything Ed said between songs, as well as the lyrics and the band. Beyond that, it wasn't very loud. I didn't want to sing along, because I didn't want to drown out the band for those sitting near me.

I've read a few posts which said this show had the BEST SOUND EVER, and several other posts talking about the GREAT ENERGY, and that just wasn't the case upstairs. I could see everybody down below having a great time, but I just felt like the party was going on without me.

Now, I'll assume some responsibility for the fact that I had crappy seats. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to go until a couple of days before the show, so I was forced to take what I could get, which was 300-level. I was a 10C member years ago, but let my membership lapse (big mistake) and just never got back around to renewing it.

In other words, I'm not blaming the band or the rest of the audience, I'm blaming myself and the people who designed the St. Pete Times Forum. Unfortunately, however, the face value of my ticket (which I paid in addition to all of the ridiculous service charges and convenience fees) was the same as it was for the people sitting in the front row!

Make no mistake. Pearl Jam's my favorite band, and for what it's worth, I thought the setlist in Tampa was as good as any of the PJ shows I've seen going all the way back to '92 (albeit a fair bit shorter than some of the other shows I've seen). I'm actually looking forward to getting the bootleg since then I'll be able to hear what I missed. However, I've never before left a Pearl Jam show disappointed and was actually surprised that it happened to me this time. I went in fully expecting to have a great time!

Bottom line, I'm probably not going to bother going to the St. Pete Times Forum for any more concerts. I should also rejoin 10C and make my decision to attend future PJ shows much sooner. Sorry to be a downer, but I just wanted to share my experience to let you know how different this show was from my perspective...
    East Troy, WI - 8.29.92
    Chicago, IL - 7.11.95
    Detroit, MI - 10.7.00
    Boston, MA - 5.25.06
    Tampa, FL - 6.12.08
    Ed Solo - Philadelphia, PA - 6.11.09
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    RacerN8 wrote:
    I don't want to be negative, as this is my first post, but unfortunately, I do have a beef with the St. Pete Times Forum show. Unlike everybody else who has posted here, I thought the sound absolutely sucked! My guess is, all of you who have posted previously about this show were sitting either on the floor or definitely in the lower level.

I chatted post show with many nose-bleeders and heard the same complaint. And yes, I had great 10C seats so poor sound amplification was not a factor for me. Were you at Embassy Suites after the show?
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    Nope. I drove back to the Orlando area right after the show...
    East Troy, WI - 8.29.92
    Chicago, IL - 7.11.95
    Detroit, MI - 10.7.00
    Boston, MA - 5.25.06
    Tampa, FL - 6.12.08
  • Options
    prsntnseprsntnse Posts: 155
    Just got back to NY from Florida. Both shows were great. My buddy in Florida hit the lottery(guacamolejoe), and there we were 1st row Mikes side. It was an amazing experience. I took alot of pics, that could have been amazing if I knew how to use a fu**** camera. Although some did come out pretty good.

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn275/prsntnse/?action=view&current=010-1.jpg

I took alot of video also, if i figure out how to put that on here I will.
    Now I am getting ready for 5 more shows up here.
    2000- Jones Beach III
    2003- Nassau coliseum, MSG I, MSG II
    2006- Hartford, E. Ruth I, E. Ruth II,
    2008- W. Palm, Tampa, Camden II, MSG I, MSG II, Hartford, Mansfield II
    2008- E.V. solo - Boston I, Boston II,NYC I,Newark Stone - Brooklyn
    2009- Chicago I & II,Philly III & IV E.V. solo- Albany II, Philly II
    2010- Hartford, Newark, MSG I & II
    2011- Tres Mtns. - Ed solo-Beacon I & II - Alpine Valley I & II
    2013- Hartford, Philly I & II, Brooklyn I & II, London Ont
    2016- Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philly I&II, MSG I&II
  • Options
    prsntnse wrote:
    Just got back to NY from Florida. Both shows were great. My buddy in Florida hit the lottery(guacamolejoe), and there we were 1st row Mikes side. It was an amazing experience. I took alot of pics, that could have been amazing if I knew how to use a fu**** camera. Although some did come out pretty good.

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn275/prsntnse/?action=view&current=010-1.jpg

Hey! I'm in your pictures! I was 3 rows behind you (with Keith).

Awww, you got Ed talking to little "emma" and the other guys laughing... how wonderful.

Have fun at your next 5 shows.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    so it looks like they actually got something behind them this tour. what is that? waves or something? looks pretty cool
    battan1120 wrote:
    Fury Three wrote:
    http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/mdeep88/events/2008-06-12_pearl_jam/
    I did not expect that seat.
    The show was amazing, the crowd was great... I might post more later, right now I'm too exhausted to go on very long.[/QU
    Awesome pics!!!!!Thanks 4 SHARING!!!!!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    West Palam had the same wave backdrop with two big "surfboard/cross" designs on either side of the stage.

It was harder to see from front & bottom but the lights played with the wave designs - made it look like it was moving - my son sat 1st tier back a little and he could see more from his perspective. Really cool.

really liked the set -better than the light shows from last tour.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    was the tampa show pretty much packed or were there a lot of empty seats around the top of the arena? just wondering.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    prsntnse wrote:

Nice shots, I wish I was there. Oh yeah! I WAS!

I WON THE LOTTTTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    was the tampa show pretty much packed or were there a lot of empty seats around the top of the arena? just wondering.

There were some empty seats, way up top.
  • Options
    There were some empty seats, way up top.

As bad as it sounded up there, my guess is there will be a lot more if PJ decides to play that dump again...
    East Troy, WI - 8.29.92
    Chicago, IL - 7.11.95
    Detroit, MI - 10.7.00
    Boston, MA - 5.25.06
    Tampa, FL - 6.12.08
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    RacerN8 wrote:
    As bad as it sounded up there, my guess is there will be a lot more if PJ decides to play that dump again...

Sorry you had a bad experience.

I've sat in most areas of the Forum for concerts and have never had a problem with sound, but I may just have been lucky.

The building is perfect for hockey and arena football. The steep, close bowls are great for sports, but maybe not great for concert sound?
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Herd BehaviorHerd Behavior Nashville Posts: 5
    I've read fanviews over the past 10-15 years so I figure I'll post my first, even though I've been to 6 shows from 94 to last Thursday night.

When we arrived at the ticket office, I knew we had a shot at the lottery (298k tc #) but my wife and I were really not expecting anything crazy. We were just happy to be there, seeing we came from Nashville to St. Pete Beach to get away from work for a week and also celebrate our 10 years of marriage.

So, we pick up the tickets and I see FL2, row 1. I'm thinking, cool, we are first row somewhere in the arena..I then look at the seating chart and I'm blown away. Our tickets are front and center, row 1. At that point, it is a blur...After a few "holy sh*ts" coming from our mouths which we picked up off of the floor I make the move to covertly stick the tickets in my wallet and then zip my pockets, only to check every 5 minutes for the next hour before we can enter the arena.

This is my favorite band since my freshman year of college when Ten came out, and we are about to be about 10 feet away from our rock and roll heroes. My wife and I couldn't f'n believe it. (and to this day we still don't..I got goosebumps yesterday thinking about it)

Kings of Leon are a band that my wife and I have followed for some time now, seeing how we are from Nashville where they are based. We had just seen them at the Ryman Auditorium a few months prior, and they are a fantastic live band. To be able to see them open for PJ was truly phenomenal for us. Those kids can blow the roof off. Their set was killer.

The sound quality was FANTASTIC from our spot.

PJ comes on, and we are blown away. 4 days later I still cannot put into proper words how cool the next 2 hours were. A few things come to mind..

As a band, they sounded better than any show I've ever heard them....

My wife and I cannot catch a damn guitar pick to save our lives. We absolutely sh*t the beds at least 3 times with picks. If I knew that the tickets were going to be that good we would have practiced!!......

We normally drink 2-3 beers at shows but since we were in the situation where our tickets were unfreaking real we both concluded that not a drop of liquid would be consumed. There was going to be NO instances of having to go find a restroom.

Ed forgot the lyrics during "Life Wasted" and looked directly at us for help. By that time a guitar solo had started (I think) and it was past the point where we could conjure anything to help the man. I feel slightly bad for laughing when it happened because I cannot imagine having a catalog so deep and remembering all of the lyrics. I was laughing at his reaction to forgetting lyrics because he gets pretty animated. Once he looked down and saw that my wife and I were useless he shot us a bird, which was pretty funny! Sorry Ed!!

Everyone around us was really cool..Special "what up" to Fury Three. (I'm pretty sure that is your handle) Nice to meet you.

Great to see all of the guys up close having a good time, and they looked pretty happy to be there!

The setlist could have been a bunch of Creed covers and I wouldn't have cared due to our seating situation. I cannot stress how cool this was...

I have probably around 35-45 boots, and I cannot wait to get this one along with the Roo set....

Again, thank you very much Ten-Club!!! We seriously had one of the best days of our lives...I can probably do a better job being descriptive in a few more days, but this is all I can produce now.

Cheers!
  • Options
    I've read fanviews over the past 10-15 years so I figure I'll post my first, even though I've been to 6 shows from 94 to last Thursday night.

When we arrived at the ticket office, I knew we had a shot at the lottery (298k tc #) but my wife and I were really not expecting anything crazy. We were just happy to be there, seeing we came from Nashville to St. Pete Beach to get away from work for a week and also celebrate our 10 years of marriage.

So, we pick up the tickets and I see FL2, row 1. I'm thinking, cool, we are first row somewhere in the arena..I then look at the seating chart and I'm blown away. Our tickets are front and center, row 1. At that point, it is a blur...After a few "holy sh*ts" coming from our mouths which we picked up off of the floor I make the move to covertly stick the tickets in my wallet and then zip my pockets, only to check every 5 minutes for the next hour before we can enter the arena.

This is my favorite band since my freshman year of college when Ten came out, and we are about to be about 10 feet away from our rock and roll heroes. My wife and I couldn't f'n believe it. (and to this day we still don't..I got goosebumps yesterday thinking about it)

Kings of Leon are a band that my wife and I have followed for some time now, seeing how we are from Nashville where they are based. We had just seen them at the Ryman Auditorium a few months prior, and they are a fantastic live band. To be able to see them open for PJ was truly phenomenal for us. Those kids can blow the roof off. Their set was killer.

PJ comes on, and we are blown away. 4 days later I still cannot put into proper words how cool the next 2 hours were. A few things come to mind..

My wife and I cannot catch a damn guitar pick to save our lives. We absolutely sh*t the beds at least 3 times with picks. If I knew that the tickets were going to be that good we would have practiced!!......

We normally drink 2-3 beers at shows but since we were in the situation where our tickets were unfreaking real we both concluded that not a drop of liquid would be consumed. There was going to be NO instances of having to go find a restroom.

Ed forgot the lyrics during "Life Wasted" and looked directly at us for help. By that time a guitar solo had started (I think) and it was past the point where we could conjure anything to help the man. I feel slightly bad for laughing when it happened because I cannot imagine having a catalog so deep and remembering all of the lyrics. I was laughing at his reaction to forgetting lyrics because he gets pretty animated. Once he looked down and saw that my wife and I were useless he shot us a bird, which was pretty funny! Sorry Ed!!

Everyone around us was really cool..Special "what up" to Fury Three. (I'm pretty sure that is your handle) Nice to meet you.

Great to see all of the guys up close having a good time, and they looked pretty happy to be there!

The setlist could have been a bunch of Creed covers and I wouldn't have cared due to our seating situation. I cannot stress how cool this was...

I have probably around 35-45 boots, and I cannot wait to get this one along with the Roo set....

Again, thank you very much Ten-Club!!! We seriously had one of the best days of our lives...I can probably do a better job being descriptive in a few more days, but this is all I can produce now.

Cheers!

Hey Herd Behavior, thanks for deciding to share your experience at the show. And don't worry, you were plenty descriptive, I actually got goosebumps reading about your goosebumps lol. But I think it's so awesome that you guys were able to get that close. I too was at the show and from where I was seated which was row F the band sounded fucking amazing but I really couldn't see the looks on the guys faces all too well, from your view it must have been unreal. But reading your post really makes me want to write about my experience in Tampa too. I just might have to do that.
    Tampa 04/13/03
    Kissimmee 10/08/04
    Tampa 06/12/08

"I got a recipe for anus ankle soup, yeah."
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398

The setlist could have been a bunch of Creed covers and I wouldn't have cared due to our seating situation.

ha :D
  • Options
    Fury ThreeFury Three Posts: 32

Cheers!
    Hey, good to hear from ya! That was me right next to you all right. Did any of your photos come out?

I think Ed and the front row all flubbed the lyrics to Life Wasted at the same time. It was a group effort. ;) We also got flipped off during the Jose story for having front row seats.