Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Comments

• PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863

CROJAM95 said:

went last night

def has some cool action sequences, but the story is lacking. Snyder isn't a great story teller, Ben Affleck was really good...looking forward to stand alone Batman films with him...hope he directs at least one of them.

I wanted to like this more, but its mediocre overall

its snyders attachment to this movie that gives me pause... but my love of ben Affleck is too strong so.... lol

Haha Cate....we are so opposite...my detestment for Ben Affleck is too strong.....I just don't like the guy...he gives no depth in any of his performances. I was saying to my husband last night the only good movies he's ever made were Chasing Amy and Dogma and that is only because of everyone else in them....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited March 2016
    $170,100,000 domestic $424.1 million worldwide.
    It'll probably make around $62 million domestic next week. As there's usually a big drop off the 2nd week.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    igotid88 said:

It'll probably make around $62 million domestic next week. As there's usually a big drop off the 2nd week.

Huge numbers
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    But did it beat My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 with those numbers?

;)
    This weekend we rock Portland

igotid88 said:

Huge numbers
    If the reviews were better the number would be higher.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Huge numbers
    If the reviews were better the number would be higher.
    Perhaps......could also say the numbers are more impressive considering the bad reviews though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Box office shows how much people love these 2 characters

I liked it, didn't love it....at the end of the day it was fun to see it in IMAX. That last Batman brawl scene was the shit

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Where the hell is Martian Man Hunter?!?
    They just released a deleted scene
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Who did?
    chinese-happy.jpg

igotid88 said:

Who did?
    Warner Bros
    I miss igotid88
    edited March 2016
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Going to see this tomorrow
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    PJSiren said:

CROJAM95 said:

went last night

def has some cool action sequences, but the story is lacking. Snyder isn't a great story teller, Ben Affleck was really good...looking forward to stand alone Batman films with him...hope he directs at least one of them.

its snyders attachment to this movie that gives me pause... but my love of ben Affleck is too strong so.... lol

Haha Cate....we are so opposite...my detestment for Ben Affleck is too strong.....I just don't like the guy...he gives no depth in any of his performances. I was saying to my husband last night the only good movies he's ever made were Chasing Amy and Dogma and that is only because of everyone else in them....
    chasing amy and dogma are two of my fave movies(big kevin smith fan) and I freely admit I am a bigger fan of ben affleck as director than ben affleck as actor... but theres just something about him that tends(to me) to give him the benefit of the doubt as an actor. in gone girl he was perfect as the difficult to like dumb arse husband who was his own worse enemy. as daredevil he had the misfortune of coming up against colin farrell as bullseye... a difficult task for any actor. no one likes him as daredevil. for me batman is weird. I totally understand his darkness but a superhero??? im still coming to terms with that terminology. batmans strongest weapon is his psychosis.... hes a rich disturbed guy with access to technology and his own disturbances... if I had his access to his technology I hate to think who id go after. but no doubt id think I was righteous in my actions, as he does.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Stumbled into a huge spoiler for this yesterday. Didn't make me more inclined to see it in the theater.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Just saw it. Nothin' wrong with Batfleck imo. Homie hit the gym too. Wasn't a huge fan of WW to be honest. Gal Gadot's performance was perfectly adequate, but she's built like a ballerina.

I heard this movie got bad critic reviews but I didn't really read any of them. Heard there's plot problems and I'd agree. It's more like a bunch of scenes one after another than an actual cohesive film.

That said I enjoyed it. Lawrence Fishburne (Cowboy Curtis) has some of the best lines in the film. Whatshiface as Alfred was disappointing, but he's a much less prominent Alfred than Michael Caine was so it's a minor issue imo. Eisenberg's Lex Luthor greatly upset the comic book nerds I was watching this with.

I would have enjoyed more topless Cavill scenes though. Especially if he had a wax. :wink:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    edited March 2016

PJSiren said:

CROJAM95 said:

went last night

chasing amy and dogma are two of my fave movies(big kevin smith fan) and I freely admit I am a bigger fan of ben affleck as director than ben affleck as actor... but theres just something about him that tends(to me) to give him the benefit of the doubt as an actor. in gone girl he was perfect as the difficult to like dumb arse husband who was his own worse enemy. as daredevil he had the misfortune of coming up against colin farrell as bullseye... a difficult task for any actor. no one likes him as daredevil. for me batman is weird. I totally understand his darkness but a superhero??? im still coming to terms with that terminology. batmans strongest weapon is his psychosis.... hes a rich disturbed guy with access to technology and his own disturbances... if I had his access to his technology I hate to think who id go after. but no doubt id think I was righteous in my actions, as he does.
    Good Will Hunting.
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    ldent42 said:

Just saw it. Nothin' wrong with Batfleck imo. Homie hit the gym too. Wasn't a huge fan of WW to be honest. Gal Gadot's performance was perfectly adequate, but she's built like a ballerina.

I heard this movie got bad critic reviews but I didn't really read any of them. Heard there's plot problems and I'd agree. It's more like a bunch of scenes one after another than an actual cohesive film.

That said I enjoyed it. Lawrence Fishburne (Cowboy Curtis) has some of the best lines in the film. Whatshiface as Alfred was disappointing, but he's a much less prominent Alfred than Michael Caine was so it's a minor issue imo. Eisenberg's Lex Luthor greatly upset the comic book nerds I was watching this with.

I would have enjoyed more topless Cavill scenes though. Especially if he had a wax. :wink:

A wax? That's just silly!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

ldent42 said:

why? I'm not a huge fan of body hair, particularly when it's thick and curly like his.
    One of the things people kept saying about the movie. Before they saw it. Is why are Batman and Superman fighting?
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

One of the things people kept saying about the movie. Before they saw it. Is why are Batman and Superman fighting?

Because testosterone? :lol:
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    I may be seeing this tomorrow, has anyone stayed through the credits, namely is there a bonus scene after, lol?
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    ldent42 said:

rgambs said:

ldent42 said:

why? I'm not a huge fan of body hair, particularly when it's thick and curly like his.
    You can't strip a perfect slab of man like Henry Cavill of his Samson hair! That's crazy talk, nearly equal to putting silicone boobs in a perfect beauty like Kiera Knightly.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    ldent42 said:

igotid88 said:

I just thought it was stupid for that being a reason not to see it. I don't read comics. But even I know that's what they do. Pit one hero vs another. Yet they're not saying the same about Captain America Civil War. With Cap and Iron Man going at it.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

ldent42 said:

igotid88 said:

I just thought it was stupid for that being a reason not to see it. I don't read comics. But even I know that's what they do. Pit one hero vs another. Yet they're not saying the same about Captain America Civil War. With Cap and Iron Man going at it.
    #teambucky
    How hot is Wonder Woman, though? I mean come on. I didn't like the Gal Gadot selection at first and I still think she's a little too frail for the part....but
    igotid88 said:

ldent42 said:

igotid88 said:

It just had one of the biggest opening weekends ever. I don't think a lot of people are not seeing the movie for this reason.
    chinese-happy.jpg

How hot is Wonder Woman, though? I mean come on. I didn't like the Gal Gadot selection at first and I still think she's a little too frail for the part....but

igotid88 said:

ldent42 said:

igotid88 said:

It just had one of the biggest opening weekends ever. I don't think a lot of people are not seeing the movie for this reason.
    That's just one of the reasons. Maybe word of mouth by people who saw it will help in the next few weeks to help sustain big numbers. And we waited almost 3 years. I think Star Wars TFA was announced after and released before this came out. I thought it would get over 200 million domestic the 1st weekend.
    I miss igotid88
  • PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I also don't like Jesse Eisenberg for Lex Luthor...he;s a weird little tweeker to me....and I feel like it's just going to be weird, then I stumbled on this article today and I feel like this just sums up how I feel about him in general except that this article says he has acting chops which I don't feel he does....like I said...weird little tweeker...

grunge.com/12038/jesse-eisenberg-ruined-batman-v-superman/
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    this movie was horrible ... can't believe they rushed this ... bad casting, bad writing, disjointed plot ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    PJSiren said:

I also don't like Jesse Eisenberg for Lex Luthor...he;s a weird little tweeker to me....and I feel like it's just going to be weird, then I stumbled on this article today and I feel like this just sums up how I feel about him in general except that this article says he has acting chops which I don't feel he does....like I said...weird little tweeker...

grunge.com/12038/jesse-eisenberg-ruined-batman-v-superman/

The should have gone after Bryan Cranston for Lex. Maybe they did but Cranston read the script and turned it down.