Options

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

12346»

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Rehashed garbage...
    You see the trailer for the new Batman though?
    Yeah thought it looked cool from what we could tell.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    CROJAM95 said:
    Rehashed garbage...
    You see the trailer for the new Batman though?
    That got me excited.... great cast, great look

something in the way was great choice
    Absolutely. Yeah, me too. Still a bit concerned about Pattinson as Bruce Wayne but that trailer looks real good. 

LOVED the first couple Nolan movies. I don't think they'll ever be topped but you never know. 
    I feel if the director & script are good...actor doesn’t really matter. Sure we have favorites

affleck was a strange choice... from what I’ve heard he lobbied for years & years...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    Rehashed garbage...
    The original director is getting the chance to finish the movie how he wanted it. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    New Batman trailer looks good. 
    Really looking forward to that one.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    igotid88 said:
    Rehashed garbage...
    The original director is getting the chance to finish the movie how he wanted it. 
    I both agree and disagree with this.
    It is a money play by releasing it, but I'm sure ZS getting a chance to do a director's cut is exciting for him

I'm sure I will watch it - even after watching the garbage original version.  I'm a sucker for these stories.

• Options
    igotid88 said:
    Rehashed garbage...
    It is a money play by releasing it, but I'm sure ZS getting a chance to do a director's cut is exciting for him

I'm sure I will watch it - even after watching the garbage original version.  I'm a sucker for these stories.

Yea but it's going to be on HBO Max and not the theaters 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Rehashed garbage...

This is something I knew....HBO Max is not free.  This is one of the things they are using to advertise their service.  Fits the bill, to me.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Rehashed garbage...

This is something I knew....HBO Max is not free.  This is one of the things they are using to advertise their service.  Fits the bill, to me.
    I just mean they can make $200-300 million at the box office. Or I guess in this day and age digital download
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Rehashed garbage...

I just mean they can make $200-300 million at the box office. Or I guess in this day and age digital download
    Isn't this thing like 4 hours long?
    The movie was garbage. This has to be better but I just wish the Ben Afleck Batman story would just disappear. It's kind of confusing if you think about how there is a new version of Batman coming out next year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Rehashed garbage...

Isn't this thing like 4 hours long?
    The movie was garbage. This has to be better but I just wish the Ben Afleck Batman story would just disappear. It's kind of confusing if you think about how there is a new version of Batman coming out next year. 
    I don't mind Ben's Batman. I don't think this new Batman is part of this universe. Unless the new Flashpoint movie ties it together. Yes it's  4 hours but they could have made it a 3 hour movie which I believe it was going to be. Especially when they needed to introduce the characters which the Whedon movie cut most of.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    See to me, that's the problem with this whole genre. There's too many "universes" too close together. It's confusing!

As a huge fan of the Nolan Batman films, the Afleck version just didn't work for me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I'm curious to see it.  Snyder shot something like 95% or more of the movie, possibly some to be used in what was to be a sequel that is probably dead. There are some conflicting reports on whether he left due to the death of his child, or Warner simply removed him. Just as he has disputed that he chose Joss Whedon to finish it, and it was the studios choice all along. Allegedly the people at the Studio had Whedon basically re-write most of the story and then I guess reshoot  a lot of it so the version put in theaters was a bastardized version of two directors, and what Warner thought fans wanted. Warners was in such a rush to get their universe together, they screwed the whole thing up, but now all those people are gone. 
    I doubt Reeves Batman was be pulled in via the flashpoint movie. I think that will be its own standalone thing, just like the Joker movie. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I'm curious to see it.  Snyder shot something like 95% or more of the movie, possibly some to be used in what was to be a sequel that is probably dead. There are some conflicting reports on whether he left due to the death of his child, or Warner simply removed him. Just as he has disputed that he chose Joss Whedon to finish it, and it was the studios choice all along. Allegedly the people at the Studio had Whedon basically re-write most of the story and then I guess reshoot  a lot of it so the version put in theaters was a bastardized version of two directors, and what Warner thought fans wanted. Warners was in such a rush to get their universe together, they screwed the whole thing up, but now all those people are gone. 
    I doubt Reeves Batman was be pulled in via the flashpoint movie. I think that will be its own standalone thing, just like the Joker movie. 
    For a minute I thought you meant Christopher Reeves. Michael Keaton's Batman will be in the Flash movie. Which by the time it comes out there will be a 50th reboot of Batman?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    For a minute I thought you meant Christopher Reeves. Michael Keaton's Batman will be in the Flash movie. Which by the time it comes out there will be a 50th reboot of Batman?
    IT'S TOO CONFUSING! THERE ARE TOO MANY BATMANS FLYING AROUND AT ONCE!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    igotid88 said:
    I SWEAR!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    I SWEAR!
    I see what you did there.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Good work there.

Am I the only one who finds it confusing though? Seriously. I really like the Batman character but I have never been into comics so I am not overly familiar with all the different universes. Nobody else sees a problem with 3 separate versions of Batman/Bruce Wayne appearing in upcoming movies?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    When Batman is grounded ( in Gotham City) without all the other super best friends....it seams to work well, good films

When its super CGI, or nipples are the main story....it kinda sucks ass

Batman Returns I always felt was underated