Options

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,313
    edited April 2016
    polaris_x said:

this movie was horrible ... can't believe they rushed this ... bad casting, bad writing, disjointed plot ...

Took 3 years from when it was announced
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    igotid88 said:

polaris_x said:

this movie was horrible ... can't believe they rushed this ... bad casting, bad writing, disjointed plot ...

it's rushed in the sense that they wanted to get to JL before they were ready ... they went from man of steel to then dawn of justice trying to integrate a new batman ... remember, marvel started with 2 iron mans, hulk, then made captain america and thor before they went ahead with the avengers ...

you have to then integrate batman and introduce wonder woman within a cohesive plot ... pretty much impossible and it showed ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

igotid88 said:

polaris_x said:

it's rushed in the sense that they wanted to get to JL before they were ready ... they went from man of steel to then dawn of justice trying to integrate a new batman ... remember, marvel started with 2 iron mans, hulk, then made captain america and thor before they went ahead with the avengers ...

you have to then integrate batman and introduce wonder woman within a cohesive plot ... pretty much impossible and it showed ...
    I understand. I don't think the intro to Batman was as bad. But the Flash, Cyborg, and the others felt rushed
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Batman will be in th Suicide Squad movie. The WW movie will come out
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

ya ... after the fact ...

still - film was flawed in so many ways ... pretty disappointing considering the amount of source material there is ...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    polaris_x said:

igotid88 said:

still - film was flawed in so many ways ... pretty disappointing considering the amount of source material there is ...
    I still think it was better than anticipated but that's because my expectations were incredibly low. I hear what your saying.

And I don't know....I still feel weird about having a new Batman appear right after the Nolan franchise ended. That's just weird to me. Nothing will ever top the Dark Knight Trilogy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    edited April 2016

polaris_x said:

igotid88 said:

I still think it was better than anticipated but that's because my expectations were incredibly low. I hear what your saying.

And I don't know....I still feel weird about having a new Batman appear right after the Nolan franchise ended. That's just weird to me. Nothing will ever top the Dark Knight Trilogy.
    Yeah, it would be like replacing Robert Downey Jr in the first Avengers with Chris Pine as Iron Man.

"Let's replace Iron Man with someone who everyone wants to punch in the face. It's a hit!"
  • Options

polaris_x said:

igotid88 said:

are we allowed to talk spoilers here?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

igotid88 said:

Yeah, it would be like replacing Robert Downey Jr in the first Avengers with Chris Pine as Iron Man.

"Let's replace Iron Man with someone who everyone wants to punch in the face. It's a hit!"
    I had no real issue with Affleck (aside from the 5 o'clock shadow on him and Alfred 24/7), but Bale in this movie would have definitely been better. But it could have been worse. Could have got Clooney back with what looked like a constant smile under the cowl.

On the other hand, I really like Cavill as Superman/Kent.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,122
    Poncier said:

Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

igotid88 said:

I had no real issue with Affleck (aside from the 5 o'clock shadow on him and Alfred 24/7), but Bale in this movie would have definitely been better. But it could have been worse. Could have got Clooney back with what looked like a constant smile under the cowl.

On the other hand, I really like Cavill as Superman/Kent.
    I'm happy Bale didn't do this film...After the Dark Knight Trilogy ultra realistic Batman Universe to this CGI version, would have been silly.

I liked this movie, but it does feel ALL over the place and predictable. Affleck was solid and I hope his stand alone Batman movies don't have Snyder attached. Zach is on board for Justice League 1 &2 and according to most is 0/2 with these 2 films. WB even though it looks to be at least breaking even money wise, probably isn't thrilled Considering Nolan was a critical & commercial success. I like how Nolan has stated he works on 1 project at a time and it shows with the finished product not just the Batman films. That's why I always had more hope behind Suicide Squad...Ayers is pretty good

hope I'm not wrong

• Options
    This movie is grossing $720M worldwide. I'm sure WB is happy as hell considering the reviews. This will go down as one of the highest grossing / lowest reviewed films of all time, but not quite in Transformers 2 territory.
  • Options
    think they have to make $800 million to be "even" ... the problem is that much of it's gross early on is based on hype ... the upcoming films will now have the burden of reduced consumer interest ... it's similar to the Divergent movies - all declining at the box office ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

think they have to make $800 million to be "even" ... the problem is that much of it's gross early on is based on hype ... the upcoming films will now have the burden of reduced consumer interest ... it's similar to the Divergent movies - all declining at the box office ...

The Transformer series puts out piles of steaming dog poop and still bank over $1B worldwide. Superman / Batman will put butts in seats based on the brand. I don't even know what the heck the Divergent series is really.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

The Transformer series puts out piles of steaming dog poop and still bank over $1B worldwide. Superman / Batman will put butts in seats based on the brand. I don't even know what the heck the Divergent series is really.
    right ... but all the transformer movies are transformers ... this franchise is trying to launch an aquaman movie along with a flash movie ... they will not have the luxury ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

right ... but all the transformer movies are transformers ... this franchise is trying to launch an aquaman movie along with a flash movie ... they will not have the luxury ...
    I'm OK in a world where aquaman and flash fails to catch on.
  • Options
    Fast and Furious makes a lot of money.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I heard they're re-shooting scenes of Suicide Squad to make them more humorous. Maybe I heard wrong
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I just saw this yesterday and I agree with a lot of what has already been said here. I didn't mind it so much, but like others had pretty low expectations. It was a little scattered but I didn't mind most of the acting. It was far less fighting than I expected, which is not a bad thing.
  • Options
    Affleck to write, direct & star in stand alone Batman film

He's a good director. Happy Snyder not associated

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2016
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Watched for first time last night. I liked it!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    I think the trailers for Justice League and Wonder Woman look surprisingly really, really good.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 897

I think the trailers for Justice League and Wonder Woman look surprisingly really, really good.

They do look good and no Zack Snyder is the reason why.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Uh, he is directing Justice League.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Gal Gadot & Margot Robbie need a team up movie of a different variety ;)

Great casting

I think I'll watch Suicide Squad prior to going to the bars at Fenway
  • Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    Thoughts on the Ultimate Edition, I thought it redeemed it
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I picked it up but haven't watched it yet. I've heard that sentiment a lot about it though.

• Options

The extra stuff with the Congressional Witness on that African Superman incident added to it

I forgot what else...I watched it a few weeks ago...maybe need to see again

• Options
    dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 897

Uh, he is directing Justice League.
    Shit.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14