Options

2016 Pearl Jam Lookwright 7 & 12 Inch Vinyl Record Crates

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I dont get it either. Unless you wanna lug around the crate of records to go play at a friends house??
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    bought the 7". I'm ok with $ 31 for shipping to Austria
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,517
    Zod said:

I have to ask, why are you putting the records in boxes and then putting the boxes into the ikea shelf? I put mine in the cubes. Shelf is against the wall so they aren't going to fall out the back. It makes it pretty easy to access the records (I don't think to pull a box out to access them?). What's wrong with an Ikea shelf as is? :)

Yeah, i don't know. The only reason I can think of to do that is if someone constantly transports their records. Like a DJ... or a drifter with a vinyl collection, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    Oh, the carbon offsets required for chopping down the birch to make these and then shipping them! Poor Stone...
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 349
    I'm curious if you put the 12" crate in the ikea shelf will you even be able to see the pj logo. Looking at the picture of the crates in the shelf with the way the wood is cut out the logo would be on the inside.
  • Options
    What we want:
    Pearl jam plectrums, vinyl re-issues of old records, Alpine bootlegs, a christmas record at christmas, slipmatts

What we get:
    $40 coffee mugs, $100 record crates, dog leashes, garish fluorescent yellow bags

Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    ^:dizzy:
    Pretty much, yeah.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    Its just a product that people requested folks....

it might not be for everyone.. and whilst I may prefer my shelves for my records I am definitely in the 'I would prefer a quality product made locally that supports local business and provides their people with a living wage' camp.

There was a survey from a few months ago that asked those very same questions....I know for a fact I affirmed my stance on this, and as such I have no issue with this pricing - essentially given that its less than the manufacturer usually retails them at.

The only thing is I already have a storage solution, which is fine, but Im sure there are plenty people ordering these. If money was no object I would love one. but it is, so I'll sit it out.

Cant grumble at the shipping costs either, shipping is expensive these days and I would bet my last dollar that they ship these very very well packaged.

Yes there will be cheaper alternatives, and they are still available to buy, but this one is seemingly a very well crafted piece. If Folk want Ikea, that's their call.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,926
    Nope.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,745
    Just imagine if random record crate orders will include a Pearl Jam vinyl?
    Benny's for the 12". Orange / Blue Fixer's for the 7".
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    ^^^^And that's the reason for the high price. It's the "mystery crate vinyl".
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,911
    I do question the 85 records to a crate thing. An Expedit/Kallax shelf holds maybe 65 records of various sizes (single sleeve, gates fold, tri flap) comfortably. You'll lose about 1/4 of an inch due to the crate (if it fixes exactly in the ikea shelf) so let's say that's another 3-4 records. Unless they are talking 85 single sleeves packed as tight as possible, I'd say this crate holds 60 LPs at most (with room for them not to be packed too tightly).

• Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,945

What we want:
    Pearl jam plectrums, vinyl re-issues of old records, Alpine bootlegs, a christmas record at christmas, slipmatts

What we get:
    $40 coffee mugs, $100 record crates, dog leashes, garish fluorescent yellow bags

10c has been running for a long time now and from a business perspective they get a lot right (tickets IMO, availability of limited edition vinyl and poster etc). The items we get that are listed above do seem crazy to me, but then again they must be selling if 10c keeps putting them out there.

However, I don't get what they would learn from a survey that they don't already know from running the business for so many years. You get a much better understanding of customer by looking at what they buy rather than asking them what they think they will buy in the future. Use this as insight to plan future product ranges.

Also, I understand 10c have their hands tied with re-issues etc. But sorting a pre-order for show specific merch seems like a no-brainer to me.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    KW6232 said:

I'm curious if you put the 12" crate in the ikea shelf will you even be able to see the pj logo. Looking at the picture of the crates in the shelf with the way the wood is cut out the logo would be on the inside.

Looking at all the pictures sounds like you are right.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,142
    imagining the fuss it would take to find and play a particular record with these crates stuffed in an ikea shelf cracks me up.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    I like them and my logic with is cost is I have a short memory. Two months from now I will forget how much I paid for them. I already couldn't tell you how much I spent on the back pack or past ten club tickets?
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,442
    tino_11 said:

What we want:

What we get:

10c has been running for a long time now and from a business perspective they get a lot right (tickets IMO, availability of limited edition vinyl and poster etc). The items we get that are listed above do seem crazy to me, but then again they must be selling if 10c keeps putting them out there.

However, I don't get what they would learn from a survey that they don't already know from running the business for so many years. You get a much better understanding of customer by looking at what they buy rather than asking them what they think they will buy in the future. Use this as insight to plan future product ranges.

Also, I understand 10c have their hands tied with re-issues etc. But sorting a pre-order for show specific merch seems like a no-brainer to me.
    So, they can use sales histories to determine what people have bought the most of, but that wont predict if they will buy something they never sold before.

Who know, the crates may be a huge seller....or not. Same with anything else. Just because someone has only ordered posters and tshirts, doesnt mean they will ONLY buy posters and tshirts.

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    If the Ten Club would have started a thread called "Would you like us to make a Pearl Jam vinyl storage crate like you f*ckers buy for your CD bootlegs?", then there would be a 100 great idea posts.

But when it comes time to actually pay for it, the alligator arms come out.

The dog collar was probably a slow seller, but the coffee mugs went quick the first time, and they'll sell a lot of these crates too.
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917

If the Ten Club would have started a thread called "Would you like us to make a Pearl Jam vinyl storage crate like you f*ckers buy for your CD bootlegs?", then there would be a 100 great idea posts.

But when it comes time to actually pay for it, the alligator arms come out.

The dog collar was probably a slow seller, but the coffee mugs went quick the first time, and they'll sell a lot of these crates too.

For the record I have "big squid arms" as I bought one of each.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    JimmyV said:

Not a chance. When does it become too much merch? When they seriously expect us to drop $100 before shipping on an empty wooden box.

It's never going to happen.. but I would really like an explanation as to the $100 price tag here. Give me a break 10C.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    JimmyV said:

hsohi said:

A co-worker of mine has a farm and he made me two crates out of barnwood for.....free.

$100 usd....seriously?

Sweet. Tell him we'll take 10,000 and want them in Seattle in two weeks. For Free.
    slh
    Tone deaf Santos makes 10c look bad again.
    +1
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Parksy said:

JimmyV said:

Not a chance. When does it become too much merch? When they seriously expect us to drop $100 before shipping on an empty wooden box.

It's never going to happen.. but I would really like an explanation as to the $100 price tag here. Give me a break 10C.
    lookwright.com/products-page/

You can contact the manufacture direct and tell them you think their products are overpriced
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

Parksy said:

JimmyV said:

lookwright.com/products-page/

You can contact the manufacture direct and tell them you think their products are overpriced
    Word
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

imagining the fuss it would take to find and play a particular record with these crates stuffed in an ikea shelf cracks me up.

I mean, its an extra step (pull the crate out).

Its not like vinyl is known for its convenience to begin with.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    This thread screams "We are entitled".
  • Options
    Most Merch threads do.
  • Options

I mean, its an extra step (pull the crate out).

Its not like vinyl is known for its convenience to begin with.
    Totally. I mean I get bothered with 2lp pressings nowadays. Getting off my fat ass to flip it after 3 tracks is a pain. Imagine having these things and not even able to see the spine of the records.

Trust me I feel bad I'm on the hater side of these crates- I think 10c is awesome and I think they do a great job, but selling $100 wooden storage crates for records when they don't even have any of their catalogue rereleased is garbage. It more than kinda looks a bit silly. Unless this is a hint that we'll get more pj on vinyl soon I see these sitting in the warehouse next to the Patagonia bags for a while until they have a mystery sale down the line-
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Would imagine they are taking pre-orders so that they know how many to have made, which is cool of them.
    Even if they are for $1,000, I like the chance to look, review, and if I want, to buy.
    Thanks 10C for taking this approach.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

+1
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

+1
    What's entitled about folks voicing their opinions on an open forum?