Is the USA a nation of bigots and/or racists and/or idiots and hypocrites?

JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
edited November 2016 in A Moving Train
If you know anything about statistics you know that is doesn't take a large sample to draw basic conclusions from statical sampling.
Do the 2016 primaries prove that Americans are stupid and/or racist and/or bigots?
Post edited by JC29856 on

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    What's the explanation for the sampling of black voters voting Hillary against their own interests?
    What's the explaination for record turnout in Republican primaries?
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    To the first question, yes. Not all, not a majority, but yes, a lot.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes lol
    It's also full of wonderful, educated, open minded and caring people.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    About 39% of Americans identify as Republican. Trump has about 35% of those Republicans supporting him at the moment. So if we say that every person voting for Trump is racist, that means just over 13% of Americans are racist. (only a little tongue in cheek)
    rgambs said:

Yes lol

Can't be full of both?
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    So what you are saying is that people that don't agree with you are racist bigots and idiots?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II

So what you are saying is that people that don't agree with you are racist bigots and idiots?

Agree with me on what? Have a made a statement to agree or disagree with?
    Why would you say that the USA is full of racists, bigots and idiot then?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

Yes lol

Can't be full of both?
    This country is sometimes called a melting pot of people right. Well what does one expect we have ALL sorts here. The caring and open minded and plenty of racists and bigots.....the same could be said about this board.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Why would you say that the USA is full of racists, bigots and idiot then?

Is this your way of answering my question?

ques·tion mark:
    a punctuation mark (?) indicating a question.
    used to express doubt or uncertainty about something.
    JC29856 said:

What's the explanation for the sampling of black voters voting Hillary against their own interests?

JC29856 said:

Those two quotes lead me to believe you are a Sanders supporter since you say the record turnout for black voters supporting Clinton. The next quote makes me think you cannot beleive so many are voting for Trump. From all that you believe people are racists, bigots and idiots since they do not agree with you and your ideal candidate. If I am wrong sorry.

96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

Yes lol

Can't be full of both?
    I think it's what gambo was saying.

The voting turnout comment is interesting when contrasted with another thread condemning those who choose to not vote (on certain or various issues) as being complacent, ignorant, insert other disparaging term.

Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't!

That many threads are woven into our collective quilt shouldn't be so surprising.
  • I'm not sure if I ever saw it... or just forgot about it... but Trump mocked a reporter with a disability.

He's a classless, vile oaf. The very fact that he's even permitted to carry on with his campaign, let alone draw such support, lends evidence to the OP's question in the affirmative manner.

The entire fiasco is a joke of cosmic proportions. Openly supporting such an inappropriate candidate exposes you for the qualities the OP opines as a question. It's f**king ridiculous- seriously.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Those two quotes lead me to believe you are a Sanders supporter since you say the record turnout for black voters supporting Clinton. The next quote makes me think you cannot beleive so many are voting for Trump. From all that you believe people are racists, bigots and idiots since they do not agree with you and your ideal candidate. If I am wrong sorry.

Exactly Dirty, you nailed it....
    edited March 2016
    I ask the question in all sincerity.
    What's the explanation that the leading democratic nominee is under fbi investigation for possible national security breach?
    Post edited by JC29856 on
    muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Exactly Dirty, you nailed it....
    2 isn't a large enough sampling to draw conclusions
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    JC29856 said:

If you know anything about statistics you know that is doesn't take a large sample to draw basic conclusions from statical sampling.
    Do the 2016 primaries prove that Americans are stupid racist bigots?

not all trump supporters are bigots, but all bigots are trump supporters.

one state's exit polls said that 6 in 10 said that lincoln should not have freed the slaves.

so there's that.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422

About 39% of Americans identify as Republican. Trump has about 35% of those Republicans supporting him at the moment. So if we say that every person voting for Trump is racist, that means just over 13% of Americans are racist. (only a little tongue in cheek)

39% identify as republican? According to whom?

According to Pew 39% LEAN that way while only 23% IDENTIFY as.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

JC29856 said:

one state's exit polls said that 6 in 10 said that lincoln should not have freed the slaves.

so there's that.
    How about the number of votes for candidates that have dropped out of the race.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thirty, you call it a fiasco and I call it a clusterfuck. Same diff!

Not a fan of polls or statistics as many presented as samplings are so small. Strikes me as similar to the various and contradictory "health alerts!" that are released on a regular basis.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

so there's that.
    doesn't matter.

those votes are worth as much as the lint i just pulled out of my jacket pocket.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

so there's that.
    doesn't matter.

those votes are worth as much as the lint i just pulled out of my jacket pocket.
    My point being that those who voted for candidates no longer running are probably alittle more intelligent than the lint in your pocket.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

so there's that.
    doesn't matter.

My point being that those who voted for candidates no longer running are probably alittle more intelligent than the lint in your pocket.
    Not when you look closely at who those candidates are.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2016
    This is a result of the Tea Party and the "normal" GOP leaders feeding into it with the obstructionist policies.. Now their creation has taken over the party. I would love to see this evolve into a 3 party system. Let the wing nuts have their own party. I'm guessing that's about 40% of Republicans, if you look at the current numbers.

Not sure why we refuse to acknowledge what this truly is.... Fascism in America

You've got a Billionaire whipping up people by blaming immigrants, minorities, religions, etc,,,,

1. Blaming a specific group of people for society's problems.
    2. Appeal to a certain education level
    3. Scare Propaganda

A cult of action, a celebration of aggressive masculinity, an intolerance of criticism, a fear of difference and outsiders, a pitch to the frustrations of the lower middle class, an intense nationalism and resentment at national humiliation, and a “popular elitism” that promises every citizen that they’re part of “the best people of the world.”

If it Quacks like a Fascist,,, then it's a Fascist
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    To say we are a nation of racists and idiots period would, of course, be a gross exaggeration. But it is obvious (to me at least) there are far too many racists and far too many people who at least act like idiots for our own good. When I get time I'll post some statistics on hate groups published by Southern Poverty Law Center. The number goes up and down a bit each year but those numbers are generally a bit shocking. You'd think we would have come further.

But I still place hope in our youth, that they may be less idiotic and more accepting of others. We'll see.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    JC29856 said:

How do you figure it is against their own interests? They heavily supported Obama, and Hillary will be the candidate who will be most closely aligned with Obama and his policies.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

How do you figure it is against their own interests? They heavily supported Obama, and Hillary will be the candidate who will be most closely aligned with Obama and his policies.
    Hillary is getting more of the black vote in some states then Obama did.
    That's twice they voted against their own self interests.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    myoung321 said:

1. Blaming a specific group of people for society's problems.
    2. Appeal to a certain education level
    3. Scare Propaganda

I agree that Trump smacks of fascism and is a dangerous option for the USA. No doubt. But these tactics are used by lots of groups. #blacklivesmatter
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08