Options

Is the USA a nation of bigots and/or racists and/or idiots and hypocrites?

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    muskydan said:

The poverty rate for African Americans has become worse over the past few years. It was 25 percent when President Bush left office. It rose to 28 percent in 2013 -- the most recent stat available. One out of three black children, 38 percent of all African American children, lived in poverty in 2013, as reported by PEW on July 14. Overall, there are more people living in poverty in the U.S. than at other time in U.S. history at 45 million people.

Troll with quotes and such, but no direct responses. You're a likable republican. I understand you don't really have a decent candidate to vote for, so you come to the PJ page to try and rile up us liberals when you know Trump's a piece of work. Your party will have it whittled down to one guy to go against Trump pretty soon, don't worry.
    Oh beaver, name calling is not ok.
    Please stop being a bully.

I post the truth, all I want is the truth.

Just give me some truth and stop with the name calling for gosh sakes
    JAG?!? Is that you? If it is, your posts make a lot more sense now. If it isn't, are you her groupie? Contributing to the topic is one of the guidelines as well. Constantly posting WOOT on everything doesn't really bring anything to the discussion. Shit like this is why I stay off the train most days. We've all seen this formula before:

1. Make ridiculous shit posts all over.
    2. Get called out on being a troll.
    3. Complain people are bullying.

Did I miss anything?

To answer op's question, yes. They are the minority, but obviously they are around.
    Don't stress about mamasan1, it's basically satirical trolling. He's just effin with people.
    You did forgot one Beaver...
    #4 if you don't agree w/ US and are essentially in support of the Pussification of The USA, you are not welcome to join these exclusive circle-jerk discussions.
    Everyone else is not welcome.... What a country...
    WOOT!
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    I'm conti

The poverty rate for African Americans has become worse over the past few years. It was 25 percent when President Bush left office. It rose to 28 percent in 2013 -- the most recent stat available. One out of three black children, 38 percent of all African American children, lived in poverty in 2013, as reported by PEW on July 14. Overall, there are more people living in poverty in the U.S. than at other time in U.S. history at 45 million people.

Troll with quotes and such, but no direct responses. You're a likable republican. I understand you don't really have a decent candidate to vote for, so you come to the PJ page to try and rile up us liberals when you know Trump's a piece of work. Your party will have it whittled down to one guy to go against Trump pretty soon, don't worry.

JAG?!? Is that you? If it is, your posts make a lot more sense now. If it isn't, are you her groupie? Contributing to the topic is one of the guidelines as well. Constantly posting WOOT on everything doesn't really bring anything to the discussion. Shit like this is why I stay off the train most days. We've all seen this formula before:

Did I miss anything?

To answer op's question, yes. They are the minority, but obviously they are around.

All this in a thread titled the way it is just crazy.

The whole entire thread is a troll.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    JimmyV said:

Tolerance cuts in all directions. From far left to far right and back again. People on both sides of the aisle would do well to remember that.

True, but somethings should never be Tolerated.

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

I'm conti

Did I miss anything?

Maybe so, but there is a valid point in the question posed. A lot of people are supporting a presidential candidate that either has some of those values, or refuses to dispel that perception.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    A lot of countries around the world contain massive amounts of bigots, racists and idiots.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    myoung321 said:

JimmyV said:

Tolerance cuts in all directions. From far left to far right and back again. People on both sides of the aisle would do well to remember that.

I don't disagree with that.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options

A lot of countries around the world contain massive amounts of bigots, racists and idiots.

That is certainly true.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

I'm conti

Did I miss anything?

Dustin Hoffman disagrees with your statement.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    JC29856 said:

I'm conti

Did I miss anything?

What?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options

A lot of countries around the world rape women.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

I'm conti

Did I miss anything?

What?

Hoffman was blunt in his response for the reason why it’s been that way for so long.

“It’s always been racism. It’s kind of a reflection of what the country is,” he said.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Can anyone name a very popular us film in meant 2014 not 2015 that was filled with anger hate and bigotry?
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    JC29856 said:

Can anyone name a very popular us film in 2015 that was filled with anger hate and bigotry?

I'm not so sure but could t beHateful 8

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited March 2016
    g under p said:

JC29856 said:

Can anyone name a very popular us film in 2015 that was filled with anger hate and bigotry?

I'm not so sure but could t beHateful 8

Peace
    Great movie! SLJ hilarious.
    Not what I was thinking thou 2014 actually.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options

You don't want to compare yourself to Saudi Arabia to make yourself seem 'not too shabby' do you?

In the bigger picture, the US isn't terrible; however, there's room for much improvement. Why not try and get better?

And Jimmy, I agree with tolerance necessary for both sides; however, there should be no tolerance for intolerance.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    muskydan said:

Did I miss anything?

Don't stress about mamasan1, it's basically satirical trolling. He's just effin with people.
    You did forgot one Beaver...
    #4 if you don't agree w/ US and are essentially in support of the Pussification of The USA, you are not welcome to join these exclusive circle-jerk discussions.
    Everyone else is not welcome.... What a country...
    The 1 through 3 post wasn't mine.

I think you're touching on the fact that most conservatives have a real hard time engaging in a debate or discussion about things. You definitely see that in here. If you have some input on the state of race relations in the U.S., or maybe how race ties in with Trump's candidacy, feel free to contribute.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    JC29856 said:

Can anyone name a very popular us film in meant 2014 not 2015 that was filled with anger hate and bigotry?

X-Men: Days of Future Past
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    myoung321 said:

JimmyV said:

Like intolerance.
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

Damn Buck... there you go using facts again.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited March 2016
    myoung321 said:

JimmyV said:

Absolutely. It drives me crazy when people accuse others of being intolerant for not tolerating intolerance. It's totally ridiculous.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    American Sniper
    Not to mention the guys stories were bullshit
  • Options
    90% of the crowd at gop debate fits this topic.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JC29856 said:

American Sniper

You think Chris Kyle's experiences were bullshit? Fair enough if that's based on something concrete. I haven't seen or read anything to contradict his accounts.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

American Sniper

You think Chris Kyle's experiences were bullshit? Fair enough if that's based on something concrete. I haven't seen or read anything to contradict his accounts.
    No his experiences weren't BS at all but he definitely made some shit up.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

American Sniper

http://henrymakow.com/2015/02/American-Liar.html
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dignin, seems biased (as do some of the "headlines" I saw on that site).

JC, your comment contradicts itself.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Ok we can leave it at that. I toned down bec I dont know if anyone here knew him personally and I don't want to disparage a decreased vet.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    JC29856 said:
    Peter Venkman would disagree.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited March 2016
    hedonist said:

You won't find anything but left leaning sources, unbiased sources didn't want anything to do with this story, and right leaning sources hailed him as the new Audie Murphy to inspire young war hero wannabes.

He absolutely lied about punching Jesse Ventura and shooting the looters at Katrina, but there is no confirmation (and never will be) on his suspected lies about his time in combat. There are many details that are very highly suspect.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?