Is the USA a nation of bigots and/or racists and/or idiots and hypocrites?

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

dignin, seems biased (as do some of the "headlines" I saw on that site).

JC, your comment contradicts itself.

You won't find anything but left leaning sources, unbiased sources didn't want anything to do with this story, and right leaning sources hailed him as the new Audie Murphy to inspire young war hero wannabes.

He absolutely lied about punching Jesse Ventura and shooting the looters at Katrina, but there is no confirmation (and never will be) on his suspected lies about his time in combat. There are many details that are very highly suspect.
    As to your second part. Combat vets would never publicly refute/challenge their brothers in arms, especially seals, privately now that's a different story.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    anything that is all shined up for hollywood is going to contain falsehoods/exaggerations. plus the ventura thing.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

anything that is all shined up for hollywood is going to contain falsehoods/exaggerations. plus the ventura thing.

It is his autobiography which has drawn intense skepticism.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rgambs said:

It is his autobiography which has drawn intense skepticism.
    ah, I see.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

As for the movie was there mention of Chad Littlefield
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    JC29856 said:

If you know anything about statistics you know that is doesn't take a large sample to draw basic conclusions from statical sampling.
    Do the 2016 primaries prove that Americans are stupid and/or racist and/or bigots?

HAHHAHHHAHHAHHAHHAHA ! how did I miss this Gem of a topic ?????? the title alone had me rolling on the floor, looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue LOL !!!!!!

Godfather.

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

JC29856 said:

If you know anything about statistics you know that is doesn't take a large sample to draw basic conclusions from statical sampling.
    Do the 2016 primaries prove that Americans are stupid and/or racist and/or bigots?

HAHHAHHHAHHAHHAHHAHA ! how did I miss this Gem of a topic ?????? the title alone had me rolling on the floor, looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue LOL !!!!!!

Godfather.

Roger, Roger!
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    JC29856 said:

As for the movie was there mention of Chad Littlefield

hello
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    I don't want to be rude, but this is what believe most of the Europe..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    23scidoo said:

Are you saying most of Euro believes it to be true?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    23scidoo said:

Don't worry. We can't even really get offended. There are plenty of Americans who are bigots and/or racists and/or idiots.

Not sure we are a nation of them but we are certainly a nation with them.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Technically I'm European and believe that 9of10 "white" people in this fine nation is at least one of the three...whether they realize it or admit it is a different story.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    23scidoo said:

I'm American and I live in Europe and there's one thing I can tell you...racism is everywhere. So are idiots.
  • An interesting thing is happening on AMT.
    Forever members have been steadfast about spewing anti-establishment.
    There is a candidate that is everything non-establishment who is gaining power and momentum.
    The diehard gov't protesters finally have a non-govt guy and they don't like what it is.
    The people who don't vote have no voice and are irrelevant.
    The anti-establishment people who do vote can't help but be blindsided by trump.
    It is like watching voters running on ice. Going everywhere but nowhere at the same time.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

An interesting thing is happening on AMT.
    There is a candidate that is everything non-establishment who is gaining power and momentum.
    The diehard gov't protesters finally have a non-govt guy and they don't like what it is.
    The anti-establishment people who do vote can't help but be blindsided by trump.
    It is like watching voters running on ice. Going everywhere but nowhere at the same time.

Billionaire who built most of his fortune exploiting the working class and abusing the laws we have for personal gain is "anti establishment"? WTF are youtalikng about that IS the establishment.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Long-time members (as well as newer ones) run the spectrum of political and general views. I'm thankful for that, for what I've learned from them along the way.

By the way, pretty sure those of us talking about not voting on certain issues or people for valid reasons aren't mute or "irrelevant".

These assumptions and assignments have become entertaining though!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    I 'd trust a used car salesman over this fucking douchebag POS.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:

I 'd trust a used car salesman over this fucking douchebag POS.

This is the anti-establishment attitude I refer to.
    Once a politician goes offside certain people scurry.
    Rats.
  • hedonist said:

Long-time members (as well as newer ones) run the spectrum of political and general views. I'm thankful for that, for what I've learned from them along the way.

By the way, pretty sure those of us talking about not voting on certain issues or people for valid reasons aren't mute or "irrelevant".

These assumptions and assignments have become entertaining though!
    No, certainly not you personally in any way whatsoever.
    Just general people who have those views on the political spectrum are muted and irrelevant in the scheme of things.
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    I just had a Korean buyer blow out of a deal in Oakland Park FL. His reason was that although demographics were "good" too much African American and not Cuban.

and my seller lives in Nairobi

After, a Korean friend of mine with an Aystralian accent said Koreans are racist as hell.

Who knows. I'm a people person.

Woot
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517

Charles Manson is anti establishment, but I wouldn't vote for him.

• ^^^
    So get out and run!
    Be antimanson!
    Be all you can be and just do something.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

Nothing wrong with being anti-establishment. But if you're also a racist xenophobe that lies constantly, spews hate daily, and acts like an immature kindergartener as well as pushing your supporters to be accepting of being hateful racists than NO being anti-establishment is not okay.
  • An interesting thing is happening on AMT.

Nothing wrong with being anti-establishment. But if you're also a racist xenophobe that lies constantly, spews hate daily, and acts like an immature kindergartener as well as pushing your supporters to be accepting of being hateful racists than NO being anti-establishment is not okay.
    Again,
    We have a candidate that is everything but establishment.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517

Again,
    We have a candidate that is everything but establishment.
    I am all for Sanders.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Crickets, bassists and itty-bitty tots? Yes, the whole place is infested with them!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

eddiec said:

23scidoo said:

I'm American and I live in Europe and there's one thing I can tell you...racism is everywhere. So are idiots.
    Agree..idiots are everywhere..i don't believe all Americans are idiots or racists..
    we have lot of them here in my country..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

JC29856 said:

23scidoo said:

Are you saying most of Euro believes it to be true?
    I think so..i can't speak for everyone, but this is the feeling i'm getting back when talk with other Europeans..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

^^^
    So get out and run!
    Be antimanson!

Is that the standard you set for yourself?
    No.
    You make you political opinions known, so will others. Telling them to get out and run is deflecting attention away from the point to which you don't have a counter argument.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016
    rgambs said:

^^^
    So get out and run!
    Be antimanson!

Is that the standard you set for yourself?
    No.
    You make you political opinions known, so will others. Telling them to get out and run is deflecting attention away from the point to which you don't have a counter argument.
    You make your political opinions known so you can get others to be onboard with you and hopefully enact some change. To do this someone needs to run with the idea.
    If you are not in the running with an idea that no one else has you have zero voice.