Options

Wrigley 2016

Comments

• Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    Much better luck this time around with wrigley. I should have went for ga but after last time had to have tix.
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,374
    Anyone have extra GA for night 1 and wants to swap me for one of my night 2 GA? So you can do GA for both??
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300

Much better luck this time around with wrigley. I should have went for ga but after last time had to have tix.

Awesome news Red
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Both nights reserved. Can't wait.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I'm RS nite 2!! :smiley:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Both nights! GA for the first and reserved for the second.
  • Options
    StAmsar20StAmsar20 Bettendorf, Iowa Posts: 59
    So tickets will only be available on the days of? Monday's show tickets won't be available to pick up on Saturday?
  • Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    I have a question for those that were at the 2013 show. Is GA the whole field or are there also reserve sections on the field behind GA? Just curious
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    StAmsar20 said:

So tickets will only be available on the days of? Monday's show tickets won't be available to pick up on Saturday?

That's how it usually is (pick up tickets the day of the show, even in places where they play the came city several times). The email did say we'd get an email the week before with the ticket pickup details.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Peyton18 said:

I have a question for those that were at the 2013 show. Is GA the whole field or are there also reserve sections on the field behind GA? Just curious

I was in reserve and on the field
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Have 1 extra Wrigley reserved for both nights.

Looking for a GA for either night.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,474
    Peyton18 said:

GA for rhe whole field would be insane! Haha. So there was a ga section in front of the stage...maybe "20 rows" deep, maybe a bit more? Then reserved behind that
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    Thanks Vedd Hedd
  • Options
    Waited until 9:30pm..to get the best email I've ever gotten...
    Won GA Night 1 Wrigley!
    Won GA Night 2 Wrigley!

Amaze-balls!
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152

Won GA Night 1 Wrigley!
    Won GA Night 2 Wrigley!

Amaze-balls!

That's awesome! From what I understand, you aren't the only one to score not one, but two GA pairs... I'll bet you don't feel like you wasted your first picks. Congratulations to all who got tickets today. It's nice to hear that so many people were successful, and I know the shows will indeed be "Amaze-balls".

For those of you who didn't get tickets today, best of luck on Friday, or here on the board, or however. We want you out there with us, so don't be discouraged!

• Options

Anyone have extra GA for night 1 and wants to swap me for one of my night 2 GA? So you can do GA for both??

i do and could maybe make this trade
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    Have 255 number and was about 1/2 back on the field behind GA. Dead Center. Had no trouble seeing, except they did clear us off the field when the storms hit. Sitting on the field was amazing, just don't try to touch the ivy. Lots of people did and were thrown out!!
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,474
    FoxyRedLa said:

Congrats!
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Cubu said:

Have 255 number and was about 1/2 back on the field behind GA. Dead Center. Had no trouble seeing, except they did clear us off the field when the storms hit. Sitting on the field was amazing, just don't try to touch the ivy. Lots of people did and were thrown out!!

Cubu said:

Ha! Really? I never saw that. But I did enjoy walking on the bullpen mounds to go to the bathroom...

Funny, I have a slightly better number than you (23XXXX) and I don't have as good of a memory of the view...I was on 3rd base...front row of the section (which was nice) but did not really see much.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Vedd Hedd said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Congrats!
    Thanks Vedd! I am so beyond super geeked to see PJ @ an outdoor venue!!!!! :smiley:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    edited February 2016
    Looks like groupon already has rooftop deals for the shows. You better eat and drink a lot for that price!
    https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-lakeview-baseball-club-pearl-jam
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    The seating chart shows a much larger GA section than last time.

• Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    If anyone has an extra GA for night one that they want to swap for a GA night 2,I'm interested and please pm!
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    FT: Pair of Wrigley 1 (8/20) Section: Field X Row 9
    ISO: Pair of David Gilmour Wednesday 4/6 Auditorium Theatre in the Orchestra level

ONLY interested in trading for Gilmour tickets for the 4/6 show. Please don't offer for the other shows or for $$. Message me if we can work something out. Thanks!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166

Probably not a bad call. I went Ga/Reserved for night one and got GA but my friend did the same and got shutout of the first show (but at least got some reserved for show 2).
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 501
    Congrats to all who scored
  • Options
    3days said:

Won GA Night 1 Wrigley!
    Won GA Night 2 Wrigley!

Amaze-balls!

That's awesome! From what I understand, you aren't the only one to score not one, but two GA pairs... I'll bet you don't feel like you wasted your first picks. Congratulations to all who got tickets today. It's nice to hear that so many people were successful, and I know the shows will indeed be "Amaze-balls".

For those of you who didn't get tickets today, best of luck on Friday, or here on the board, or however. We want you out there with us, so don't be discouraged!

I did as well, so incredibly happy with it. Now we just need August to be here!
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 501
    edited February 2016
    jeff2040 said:

Looks like groupon already has rooftop deals for the shows. You better eat and drink a lot for that price!
    https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-lakeview-baseball-club-pearl-jam

In reality, this isn't a bad deal. Many of those rooftops offer great views and your guranteed to be able to hear the concert and in many cases see, plus food and drink included... good deal for those who missed out on the 10C sale.
    Post edited by Hoccapuk on
  • Options
    sclinvillesclinville Posts: 125
    edited February 2016
    Any locals with info on west roscoe street east of wrigley? Walkable? Safe? East of Sheffield ave thnx
    2006 Cincinnati
    2014 Cincinnati Memphis
    2016 Tampa Jacksonville Greenville Lexington Chicago N1 Chicago N2
  • Options
    Add me to the list of people wanting to swap a ga night 2 for a ga night 1