Options

Wrigley 2016

Comments

• Options

Anyone have any info on the Days Inn off Clark St about a mile south of the stadium? Wife and I plan to walk from there. Crazy but never been to Chicago before.

Go for it.
    Easy access to downtown and Wrigleyville.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    Five_Hole said:

The seating chart shows a much larger GA section than last time.

i was shocked that people were getting n2 GA with their 2nd priority and this helps explain why. there's essentially twice as much GA space this time around.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    edited February 2016

Anyone have any info on the Days Inn off Clark St about a mile south of the stadium? Wife and I plan to walk from there. Crazy but never been to Chicago before.

Just stayed there in September. Beautiful, recently renovated, impeccably clean, wonderful staff and a great free breakfast. Lots of restaurants and shopping in the surrounding blocks. It was lovely.

Post edited by QuarterToTen on
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    mikeliska said:

Any locals with info on west roscoe street east of wrigley? Walkable? Safe? East of Sheffield ave thnx

100% safe and walkable.

The problem is the train after the show....last time most people just walked rather than wait 3 hours for the train

The only reason the train was that bad was because the show ended at the same time the bars closed. So people couldnt go out afterwards (except to the few 4am bars).

If the show ended at the normal time, the crowd wouldve been split between the train and bars. I do not expect it to be this bad again. Remember that Wrigley handles these crowds 81 times a year plus 5 or 6 concerts. This isnt Moline ;)
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

So what if you just drink in Wrigleyville for a while and grab an Uber?

That's the move right there. Exactly what I plan on doing.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989

mikeliska said:

Any locals with info on west roscoe street east of wrigley? Walkable? Safe? East of Sheffield ave thnx

100% safe and walkable.

The problem is the train after the show....last time most people just walked rather than wait 3 hours for the train

The only reason the train was that bad was because the show ended at the same time the bars closed. So people couldnt go out afterwards (except to the few 4am bars).

If the show ended at the normal time, the crowd wouldve been split between the train and bars. I do not expect it to be this bad again. Remember that Wrigley handles these crowds 81 times a year plus 5 or 6 concerts. This isnt Moline ;)
    tru dat
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Booked there a couple of weeks ago, good reviews on Tripadvisor.
    Also, I considered it to be walking distance to/from Wrigley, in case things get complicated with traffic.
  • Options
    rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 305

I stayed there last June. Nice location. I will say our room felt a little smaller than I expected, but it wasn't too bad.
  • Options
    SlickslickaSlickslicka Doniphan, NE Posts: 92
    Thanks for the info guys! Really looking forward to the shows and actually having a day to just chill and check out the sights between shows.
    1995-06-19, 2000-10-12, 2003-06-12, 2003-06-13, 2006-07-02, 2006-07-03, 2010-05-03, 2011-09-03, 2011-09-04, 2013-11-15, 2013-11-16
  • Options
    I'm all pumped after scoring tickets and then realize ... we still have six months to go.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Anyone know much about Skokie? I'm staying 4 nights and have looked at many hotels and many seem too expensive. I can get a holiday inn in Skokie for less than $100. It's close to the train and only a 20 min drive from wrigley but the area doesn't look too nice. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    Skokie is a nice suburb. Lots of money there. Skokie is not ideal but would work. There is a yellow line up there that you could take to Howard and hop on the red line. Check out south loop if you havent already. Average hotels downtown. Look at Grant Park Hotel, Travelodge, Congress, or the hilton. May be out of your range but just some suggestions. Easy hop on the red line off of state street
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Which night do we think is gonna be better?
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Red Lukin said:

Anyone know much about Skokie? I'm staying 4 nights and have looked at many hotels and many seem too expensive. I can get a holiday inn in Skokie for less than $100. It's close to the train and only a 20 min drive from wrigley but the area doesn't look too nice. Any thoughts?

Skokie is a nice area, just take the train or a cab, it's easy.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    mschostok said:

Which night do we think is gonna be better?

Tough to say, Wrigley 1 on a saturday night, but Wrigley 2 is the last show of the year aside from PJ25 rumors. We shall see
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:

I've never been to Chicago but we're staying that weekend in a Hampton Inn in Skokie. We mapped it out, seems pretty easy to take the yellow line to the red line right to Wrigley and then back again
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    mschostok said:

Red Lukin said:

Skokie is a nice area, just take the train or a cab, it's easy.
    Eddie's mom and grandmother grew up in Skokie. You can take the Skoke swift to the red line to get to Wrigley but you would need another way to get home since the Swift stops running around 10 pm. Are you staying by Old Orchard?

6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    edited February 2016
    Red Lukin said:

Skokie is suburbia. you'll be fine. Just make sure the CTA Yellow Line/"Skokie Swift" runs late. Otherwise you will need to take a cab from the red line at howard or in evanstson off the purple line/.

www.transitchicago.com will help you out immensely.

Also consider evanston if you don't stay in chicago proper. the purple line is connected to the red line.

Post edited by ewokpelts on
  • Options
    So whats the deal with these shows not showing up on tickets.com? Am I missing something? Scored a pair of reserved, but need to help some friends get another pair. Hoping tickets.com won't result in a larger fiasco than normal.
    Red Rocks 6/19/95 * Rapid City 6/24/98 * EV Vegas 11/1/12 * EV Tulsa 11/19/12 * Wrigley Field 7/19/13 * Brooklyn 10/19/13 * Philly 10/21/13 * Philly 10/22/13 * Hartford 10/25/13 * OKC 11/16/13 * Tulsa 10/8/2014 * Lincoln 10/9/2014 * Moline 10/17/2014 * St Paul 10/19/2014 * Greenville 4/16/16 * Philly 4/28/16 * Philly 4/29/16 * MSG 5/1/16 * MSG 5/2/16 * Wrigley 8/20/16 * Seattle 8/8/18 * Seattle 8/10/18 * Wrigley 8/18/18 * Asbury Park 9/18/21 * St Louis 9/18/22 * Denver 9/22/22 * St Paul 8/31/23
  • Options
    Here's a hotel option for those that want to be close to the red line:
    http://loyola-flats.squarespace.com/

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461

Also, I considered it to be walking distance to/from Wrigley, in case things get complicated with traffic.
    It is walking distance to Wrigley. I stayed there for PJ in 2013, and glad i did, especially with the way things turned out with the rain. You don't have to worry about getting back to your room after the show.

ENJOY the show!!
  • Options
    cutz said:

It is walking distance to Wrigley. I stayed there for PJ in 2013, and glad i did, especially with the way things turned out with the rain. You don't have to worry about getting back to your room after the show.

ENJOY the show!!
    Great! Thanks, you too!
  • Options
    AndySlash said:

Five_Hole said:

i was shocked that people were getting n2 GA with their 2nd priority and this helps explain why. there's essentially twice as much GA space this time around.
    What are me chances getting something in the red come friday?
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    ewokpelts said:

Red Lukin said:

Skokie is suburbia. you'll be fine. Just make sure the CTA Yellow Line/"Skokie Swift" runs late. Otherwise you will need to take a cab from the red line at howard or in evanstson off the purple line/.

www.transitchicago.com will help you out immensely.

Also consider evanston if you don't stay in chicago proper. the purple line is connected to the red line.

Thanks to you all who replied. Very helpful. I used Priceline to book. Not sure if it's still the best website but downtown hotels were like $200-300. After fees and tax I paid about $100 usd for the holiday inn. Not sure where it's located but I know it's a short drive to the yellow line or a 30 min walk.

I'm glad it's not a bad area because I had no clue. I'll have to look into the trains but worst case well drive to wrigley or to a train station that runs late (I.e. The red line).
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,572
    Five_Hole said:

Good to know the seats that were on the extreme sides of the GA at the '13 have been replaced with a wider GA pit. Great way to ensure 10C members aren't seated where they can't see the band as per the stories shared here from the previous show. Should make for far superior sight lines.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    For those of you coming in from out of town. Doesn't really talk about Wrigleyville but a lot of other great tips for those of you looking to enjoy the city.

http://www.vice.com/read/welcome-to-chicago-travel-guide-cityguides?utm_source=vicetwitterus&campaign=cityguidesCH
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    Decent place. Close to park. Walking up/down clark st will be hoot. Lots of bars..people..places to see.
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    I grew up in Skokie. Holiday Inn on Touhy is not close to train (i.e Skokie Swift). May have to take a bus to Howard St. (Red Line). Area is fine. Good breakfast place called Sanders close by. Cab To Howard (Red Line), or Skokie Swift (Yellow Line) is only way. Swift does not run after 10:00pm so, 97 bus is only option. If you can find a place in Evanston, (near purple line), you might be better off. IMHO...Good luck
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    I have a really stupid question.
    I'm going to Night 2, which is a Monday, as you all know. Here in Indy there is a curfew at Klipsch,The shows cannot play past 11pm. (Even though PJ did in '10) Is it the same at Wrigley?

"How I choose to feel... Is how I am"
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Monaco715 said:

I have a really stupid question.
    I'm going to Night 2, which is a Monday, as you all know. Here in Indy there is a curfew at Klipsch,The shows cannot play past 11pm. (Even though PJ did in '10) Is it the same at Wrigley?

I would guess so. There was a curfew in 2013 (a Friday, I think) and after the storm they blew way past it. I think it was supposed to be midnight.

If a storm sits on top of Chicago on Monday, I think it's a safe bet they won't get to break the curfew.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin