Options

Wrigley 2016

Comments

• Options
    kdiddykdiddy Posts: 733

Anyone have any info on the Days Inn off Clark St about a mile south of the stadium? Wife and I plan to walk from there. Crazy but never been to Chicago before.

Friends and I stayed there for the '13 Wrigley show. Great location. Walkable for sure.. just expect it to be a about a mile walk, but you won't be alone. Lots of PJ fans will be walking with you!

Also, best burger metal bar is right next door. Kumas Too (2nd location for Kumas Corner). http://www.kumastoo.com/
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Cubu said:

I grew up in Skokie. Holiday Inn on Touhy is not close to train (i.e Skokie Swift). May have to take a bus to Howard St. (Red Line). Area is fine. Good breakfast place called Sanders close by. Cab To Howard (Red Line), or Skokie Swift (Yellow Line) is only way. Swift does not run after 10:00pm so, 97 bus is only option. If you can find a place in Evanston, (near purple line), you might be better off. IMHO...Good luck

Thanks. I already booked it. Any idea what time the red line runs until, and buses run til? Also can I park my car at Howard or do you think it's best to just cab it?

Also since I avoided staying downtown and paying for parking I may just drive near Wrigley and pay to park. My wife doesn't drink so I don't have to worry about driving after partying.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    Red Lukin said:

Cubu said:

I grew up in Skokie. Holiday Inn on Touhy is not close to train (i.e Skokie Swift). May have to take a bus to Howard St. (Red Line). Area is fine. Good breakfast place called Sanders close by. Cab To Howard (Red Line), or Skokie Swift (Yellow Line) is only way. Swift does not run after 10:00pm so, 97 bus is only option. If you can find a place in Evanston, (near purple line), you might be better off. IMHO...Good luck

Thanks. I already booked it. Any idea what time the red line runs until, and buses run til? Also can I park my car at Howard or do you think it's best to just cab it?

Also since I avoided staying downtown and paying for parking I may just drive near Wrigley and pay to park. My wife doesn't drink so I don't have to worry about driving after partying.
    Red line runs all night. Buses stop at some point but I'm not sure exactly what time. There's a parking garage at Howard where you can park your car. $5 for the day.
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    Curfew is 11:00pm. They received special permission to extend it in 2013, due to the storms and lengthy delay.
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    What kind of wait time should I expect for the Redline after the show? Booked a magnificent mile hotel for now, hoping to find an Airbnb closer to Wrigley though...
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    zebbie24 said:

Since you can't pick up GA tix until the day of, how does the GA 1 person get their GA 2 nightly ticket. I.e. what method have people used to make sure the night 2 commitment holds? I'm asking since I have GA 1 and might be interested in swapping night 1 ga single for night 2 ga single. Thanks

Some kind of collateral? A poster perhaps? I might be looking to be on the other side of such a swap, but I'm not sure what I want to do yet.
  • Options

I'm all pumped after scoring tickets and then realize ... we still have six months to go.

I know, I realized the same thing, so far away...
  • Options

Red Lukin said:

Cubu said:

Red line runs all night. Buses stop at some point but I'm not sure exactly what time. There's a parking garage at Howard where you can park your car. $5 for the day.
    Some buses run all night, such as the 22 right there on Clark, but they run like every half hour or so.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994

Awesome, great info. Lots of options I guess. It looks like the red line runs most or all night so I can park at Howard, and it also looks like the 290 bus runs all night if we don't want to drive/park.

I assume it's okay to park at the garage, or better to bus or cab it?
  • Options
    sudzilla said:

What kind of wait time should I expect for the Redline after the show? Booked a magnificent mile hotel for now, hoping to find an Airbnb closer to Wrigley though...

Probably not significantly long to be honest. The CTA will be (theoretically) aware there's a concert and will (theoretically) have more trains running.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

So what if you just drink in Wrigleyville for a while and grab an Uber?

That only works if there is no rain and the show gets out before 2 AM (which hey let's hope it does this time ha ha). I have never used Uber but I am pretty sure "surge" pricing will be in effect with 40,000 people leaving Wrigley on a Saturday night.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    I was really lucky last time, walked out of the stadium and immediately hopped on a bus and was home in like 15 minutes.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630

That only works if there is no rain and the show gets out before 2 AM (which hey let's hope it does this time ha ha). I have never used Uber but I am pretty sure "surge" pricing will be in effect with 40,000 people leaving Wrigley on a Saturday night.
    I didn't even realize that "surge pricing" was allowed with Uber. If so, that's bullshit (shouldn't be legal) - that kind of thing will keep me from ever using Uber.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mitchmuhs said:

So whats the deal with these shows not showing up on tickets.com? Am I missing something? Scored a pair of reserved, but need to help some friends get another pair. Hoping tickets.com won't result in a larger fiasco than normal.

I'm still kinda scratching my head about the complete lack of PJ Wrigley info on tickets.com... anyone have any thoughts?
    Should we just expect for something to suddenly appear on the site at noon CST Friday? What's the deal?
    Red Rocks 6/19/95 * Rapid City 6/24/98 * EV Vegas 11/1/12 * EV Tulsa 11/19/12 * Wrigley Field 7/19/13 * Brooklyn 10/19/13 * Philly 10/21/13 * Philly 10/22/13 * Hartford 10/25/13 * OKC 11/16/13 * Tulsa 10/8/2014 * Lincoln 10/9/2014 * Moline 10/17/2014 * St Paul 10/19/2014 * Greenville 4/16/16 * Philly 4/28/16 * Philly 4/29/16 * MSG 5/1/16 * MSG 5/2/16 * Wrigley 8/20/16 * Seattle 8/8/18 * Seattle 8/10/18 * Wrigley 8/18/18 * Asbury Park 9/18/21 * St Louis 9/18/22 * Denver 9/22/22 * St Paul 8/31/23
  • Options
    WILL THERE BE BASEBALL CARDS?????!
  • Options
    what are some of the better bars in the area, for both before and after the show? I went to Wrigley 2013 and hit up Sluggers before the show (I think), as well as a couple others I can't remember the name of - I just remember it being a blast. I'd love to hang around Wrigleyville after the show and see what's going on this time, as opposed to shuffling through the transit system like cattle, lol.
    Chicago 7/19/2013
    Fort Lauderdale 4/8/2016
    Miami 4/9/2016
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I didn't even realize that "surge pricing" was allowed with Uber. If so, that's bullshit (shouldn't be legal) - that kind of thing will keep me from ever using Uber.
    They're pretty much famous for it.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439

what are some of the better bars in the area, for both before and after the show? I went to Wrigley 2013 and hit up Sluggers before the show (I think), as well as a couple others I can't remember the name of - I just remember it being a blast. I'd love to hang around Wrigleyville after the show and see what's going on this time, as opposed to shuffling through the transit system like cattle, lol.

Tons of great bars in the area. Clark and addison is the hot spot, but also Murphys bleachers on Sheffield and Waveland. I assume there will be a lot of 10c GA members there as that will be the likely entrance for those in GA and with field seats. Check out Cubby Bear (big Foo fighters bar), Stretch and the Irish Oak
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,541

WILL THERE BE BASEBALL CARDS?????!

Likely! I'm also betting on home and away jerseys for the respective nights.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options

Tons of great bars in the area. Clark and addison is the hot spot, but also Murphys bleachers on Sheffield and Waveland. I assume there will be a lot of 10c GA members there as that will be the likely entrance for those in GA and with field seats. Check out Cubby Bear (big Foo fighters bar), Stretch and the Irish Oak
    Thanks for the tips! I'll check them out.

Chicago 7/19/2013
    Fort Lauderdale 4/8/2016
    Miami 4/9/2016
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,965
    there was a deep dish pizza place near Wrigleyville that I went to last year at a Phillies @ Cubs game, something like "Hobos" lol. Can't find it on google maps, can anyone help me here?
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

there was a deep dish pizza place near Wrigleyville that I went to last year at a Phillies @ Cubs game, something like "Hobos" lol. Can't find it on google maps, can anyone help me here?

DiMos? Bacinos? Giordanos?

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I can't remember what it was called, but one of the Deep Dish joints near Wrigley had tons of pictures from Mafia movies hanging all over.
  • Options

ehbacon said:

don't think so, there might have been an old woman on the sign but it was too long ago to remember for sure...
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

ehbacon said:

don't think so, there might have been an old woman on the sign but it was too long ago to remember for sure...
    Ginos? Pizanos? Edwardos? I think that covers all the pizza places ending in "os", not including Dominos of course.
  • Options
    mattcoz said:

ehbacon said:

ehbacon said:

Ginos? Pizanos? Edwardos? I think that covers all the pizza places ending in "os", not including Dominos of course.
    He was probably at Papa Johns.
    Hahaha
  • Options
    edited February 2016

mattcoz said:

ehbacon said:

ehbacon said:

Hahaha
    gross.

maybe my memory is failing me, thanks tho :tongue:

it could have been Bacci pizza, but it seems closer than I remember it being, interesting.
    Post edited by ehbacon on
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

ehbacon said:

Actually it was a guy with a beard on the sign. He was wearing a crown.
    You were at Burger King.
    And that wasn't deep dish pizza, that was a Whopper.

Hahahaha
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

mattcoz said:

ehbacon said:

ehbacon said:

Hahaha
    gross.

maybe my memory is failing me, thanks tho :tongue:

it could have been Bacci pizza, but it seems closer than I remember it being, interesting.
    Bacci is NY style slices, not deep dish.
  • Options
    I've had as much as anyone but Bacci is just plain garbage pizza and in no way memorable other than being enormous so I doubt it was that.