Options

**Winnipeg Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    i think this is the bootleg i'm going to get from the tour (if only one)

so far at least...
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    I just wanted to say that this was the greatest concert I've been to. The emotion in Mts Centre was awesome. Here I was standing in the Visitor box yelling and singing my heart out. Its so cool when you yell out and everyone around you takes up your call and cheers! Even with my shades on I could see everything in clarity. Thank you Pearl Jam for coming to our SMALL TOWN and giving us the show of the entire tour.
    Peace
  • Options
    Fuckign amazing. I was cryign as i left the arena like a 9 year old girl when the spice girls first came out, except worse. This experiance has honestly changed my life forever. I thought I was a HUGE fan before I'd seen them live... but now that i have finally seen my FIRST Pearl Jam concert, I am convinced that they are THE greatest F'n band IN THE WORLD... There is nothing i can say to describe my emotions goin on while the show was on. I was with some random guy from Minnesota who I've never met, and we ended up wrapping our arms around eachother the entire show. I was standing on my chair, sporting my "Pj Chick shirt" in the 13th row on the floor, and if you listen to "in my tree" i believe it is.. or basically ANY silent part where the band was jsut ending a song ebfore ppl started cheering, you can hear me scream when nobody else is:P haha it was AWESOME!!

FUCKING THANK YOU PEARL JAM YOU ARE THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME!!!!
    You sheltered me from nothing but the weather...
  • Options
    They saw the sign in Saskatoon and played "in my tree" in winnipeg. They did the same thing with our "I got shit" sign. Saw it in Edmonton and played it in Toon town. Man, great show, great crowd. What was up with the small bathrooms though. LOL. Sorry for the guys that got pissy behind me about the sign. Ciao.
    Evan
    P.S. I can't believe I made it from Winnipeg to Saskatoon after the show. What a drive. My tour is done for the year, damn. Anyway, enjoy you guys.
  • Options
    This was my first Pearl Jam show although I've been a casual fan since I first heard Alive. They totally blew me away, and I goto a lot of concerts. Usually Winnipeg crowds are so reserved but lately we are the rock capital of Canada (again). I was so impressed by the show last night I think I might turn into a die hard fan ;)

I am so into PJ right now. The worst part is I'm going to see U2 again in a couple weeks and I wont help but cpmpare shows.

Chris
  • Options
    I'm pissed...why didn't I know the Peg would rock? I'm from Halifax, the greatest music scene in Canada, IMHO (remember "Seattle of the East") but I always heard Winnipeg was up there! Lots of bands coming out of there and friends from ther telling me it rocked! I should flew straight past Sask and used my ticket for the Peg. Congrats guys, sounds like it ROCKED!
  • Options
    I was at the MTS Centre, for the best PJ show, I've ever seen lastnite. It was absolutley amazing, and watching it from the 6th row was even better!
    The best part of the show was something I didn't even witness.....My brother who is probably the biggest PJ fan out there got to sit beside the stage. He is in a wheelchair and lastnite the wouldn't allow him in 10c seats, so they put him beside the stage. Which was great for him, he has followed PJ all over on tours and usually ends up in Handicap seats. Sometime during R.I.T.F.W. , Eddie wondered off stage, he wrote some encouraging words in my bro's copy of place/date, gave him his tambourine which he wrote PEACE on, hugged my brother and thanked him for listening to the music! I have never seen my brother so happy, I just cried. We know some people snapped pictures of it....we are trying to find a copy....if anyone got a pic of that, please let me know! We want a copy!
    Anyways awesome show, I hope evryone enjoyed it as much as I did!
    the oceans made me, but who came up with love?
  • Options
    SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    BrainofA wrote:
    I should flew straight past Sask and used my ticket for the Peg. Congrats guys, sounds like it ROCKED!

would you like some cheese with that whine?
  • Options
    Now I know this probably isnt the perfect place to put this however I dont wanna make another thread about this concert and this would be the best place to post my review of the concert. Im sorry if you all dont like the review it doesnt really matter to me. That Concert blew my mind and I had to put it into a Review and since i have no where else to post it but here It will go here. Im sorry if some parts dont make sence. I suck with grammer and stuff but anyways.. here we go..

Holy shit. It was wayyyyy back in like October of 2004 (Probably Wrong)when I heard Pearl Jam were considering doing a Canadian Tour. That is when I first got my hopes up to see Pearl Jam. Almost exactly a year later. Well... 11 Months later...Here they are in the River City Delivering one of the greatest performances of the whole Canadian Tour yet! Holy Shit. I am not kidding if you ever get the chance to see Pearl Jam live I suggest you do so and fast. The Tickets for this show sold out in less then a day. After 10 minutes of waiting on the phone we were already in the last row. I was in the last row at the side of the stage way up in the nosebleeds. However the S tage wasnt that far away from me and I could see everything as well if not Better then the people way off at the other side at the arena. Now the first band im not even going to talk about. They were OK...but meh. I didn’t get into them. Until... the last song of there set when Eddie Vedder came out onto the stage to sing there last song. However at the time I didn’t know it was Eddie Vedder. He came out in a silver jacket and a silver Mexican wrestling mask so you couldn’t tell it was him really. I knew it was him I mean who else would they get so sing there last song.
    So anyways when Pearl Jam hit the stage I could honestly feel the arena shaking. 16000 people yelling at the top of there lungs and stomping there feet and clapping there hands will do that to a building even as big as the MTS Center. Pearl Jam was even amazed with how loud us Peggers were cheering them. Now they started off there set with Betterman. I never expected to hear betterman open the preformance but it ended up being a fantastic opener and actually one of the best songs of the show. Including the 2 Encores they played well over 2 and a half hours and played about 27-29 songs. They played the big hits from Ten (Alive, Jeremy, Evenflow, and Black) all of witch kicked ass. They also played songs like Given to Fly, Do The Evolution,Corduroy,Blood, and in my tree.* The set list was amazing.* My personal favorite was a tie between Given to Fly,Evenflow, and Corduroy. All 3 are favorites of mine aswell and hearing them live blew my mind. I was kind of down that they didnt close with my all time favorite Porch. Because I told all my friends that they were going to close with it for some reason. But that wasn’t that big of a problem at all. There Neil Young Covers at the end of the show made up for that big time. They coved Why Do I Keep F***n Up, And Rockin in the Free World witch was a great way to end the show after all Neil Young did grow up in the River City and even though hew as rumored to show up and didn’t Pearl Jams covers made up for that big time. During Rocking in the Free World all the lights in the arena came on so you could see all 16000 people standing and screaming at the top of there lungs. Pearl Jam were even in awe. They told us Peggers that we were effing amazing and all that kind of stuff. Apparently we were the loudest crowd yet on this tour. And this was apparently the best show Pearl Jam has played on this Canadian Tour witch is pretty freaking awesome to be apart of.* All in all this was definitely the best concert EVER to hit Winnipeg this Decade or maybe even ever. After seeing the likes of metallica and the foo fighters 2 great live bands I expected a great performance from the guys in Pearl Jam. But they blew me away. Metallic a and the Foos in one cant compare to the likes of Eddie, Stone, Jeff, Matt, and Mike.* The biggest disappointment of the whole thing was the Paper giving them a 4/5. They will be receiving a complaint letter from someone really soon. I rate that concert 10/5. 200 Fricken Percent. Thank you Pearl Jam for blessing the river city with the greatest live band known to mankind.
    dreadful sorry, clemintine!
  • Options
    P.S. I can't believe I made it from Winnipeg to Saskatoon after the show. What a drive. My tour is done for the year, damn. Anyway, enjoy you guys.

I can't believe it either, that is the most boring stretch of road in all of N. America...especially at night.
  • Options
    I am so jealous that Winnipeg got In My Tree!

Does anyone have a picture of the show poster, perhaps? I'm obsessed with them now.

Yeah, it's rad too.

Winnipeg got spoiled :)

xox Alternagirl
    "I don't say things like 'special evening.' I'm a guitarist"

"You never know where you're going to meet a jammer"
  • Options
    This show was incredible! I rarely see concerts, but being a hardcore (obsessed) fan for the last 14 years, there was no way I was going to miss this.

First time I've ever seen PJ live, and it was all I dreamed of and more...just incredible.

The only thing was there were a couple songs that I was hoping to hear that I didn't, like Love Boat Captain, You are, and Man of the Hour, Yellow LedBetter would have been nice too.

But the setlist was still friggin' amazing, no complaints from the list they gave us.

One piss off was the amazing sign I worked on for like 5 hours that wasn't allowed in because it would "block" people's views. It was a home made Yield sign with a NOWAY I'D MISS PJ IN THE PEG written in the middle, with the skullhead with the crown at the bottom, but instead of the crown it was the top of the Canadian Flag Maple Leaf.

The crowd was insane, and Ed was at the top of his game, it was hard to hear him at points when he was talking.

Couldn't be happier, and hope it's not the last time I'll see them.

I downloaded the show, but LUKIN did not download for some reason?! If anyone could send me this, I'd be really appreciative, PM me for my e-mail. Thankyou.

-crazymurphy
  • Options
    They saw the sign in Saskatoon and played "in my tree" in winnipeg. They did the same thing with our "I got shit" sign. Saw it in Edmonton and played it in Toon town. Man, great show, great crowd. What was up with the small bathrooms though. LOL. Sorry for the guys that got pissy behind me about the sign. Ciao.
    Evan

hey, i was the girl across from(green tank) you also very excited about in my tree, glad you held up the sign! my brother got a hug from eddie!
    Tye
  • Options
    hey i was the girl with the I got Shit sign..i brought it to Edmonton and they sw it..and then they saw it in 'Toon and eddie nooded at me...and they played it....!!!! My cousin did the same thing with the "in my Tree" how great is that...to hear a song on a poster!
  • Options
    tyemarie wrote:
    I was at the MTS Centre, for the best PJ show, I've ever seen lastnite. It was absolutley amazing, and watching it from the 6th row was even better!
    The best part of the show was something I didn't even witness.....My brother who is probably the biggest PJ fan out there got to sit beside the stage. He is in a wheelchair and lastnite the wouldn't allow him in 10c seats, so they put him beside the stage. Which was great for him, he has followed PJ all over on tours and usually ends up in Handicap seats. Sometime during R.I.T.F.W. , Eddie wondered off stage, he wrote some encouraging words in my bro's copy of place/date, gave him his tambourine which he wrote PEACE on, hugged my brother and thanked him for listening to the music! I have never seen my brother so happy, I just cried. We know some people snapped pictures of it....we are trying to find a copy....if anyone got a pic of that, please let me know! We want a copy!
    Anyways awesome show, I hope evryone enjoyed it as much as I did!

Try this link to a picture we took; I hope it works! My wife and I talked with your brother for a while before the show. He seemed really nice and we were so happy for him when EV came over to him!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/Orangeillini/2005-09-08EVhug.jpg
  • Options
    What an amazing show!!! i don't know how anyone could out do that crowd!!! i will probably right a proper review to this show soon

P.S does anyone have any pics of the crowd?
  • Options
    The reviews are telling it like it was...a great show!

I knew it was going to be great because the first question the border patrol guy asked my wife & I was if we were headed to see Pearl Jam? I asked him how he knew and he said there were like 10,000 others before us :)

The Supersuckers rocked the house, with Eddie joining them for the last song...how cute was the little girl who came out at the end of their set?

I know everyone has said it, but the crowd was LOUD...DAMN LOUD! This was my 11th show, and I don't think I remember being in a louder crowd, way to go Winnipeg!!!

I'll try not to cover the same ground as some of the other reviews, but bear with me if there's some redundency. Plus I've never wrote one of these before, so it'll probably be wordy:

Eddie flubbed a lot of lyrics, but oh well right? Something that was cool was when Ed took someone's cell phone on stage and sang to it (thats what the "Hello" improve during Daughter is about). A classic Eddie moment was him saying "Yeah...just...uh...we're in Winnipeg. You're in Los Angeles, Ugh...Goodbye." He then threw the phone back and launched into the "Another Brick in the Wall" tag.

Don't you just love "Daughter", you never know how it's going to go.

I should mention that 10C hooked me & my wife up with 1st row seats(an extreamly-unfucking-believable surprise) We were at the very end up Mike's side, well that is until a couple of girls talked thier way in to the front row(YES Virginia it can happen at a PJ SHow) then they were at the very end.

Anyway, I say this because we were right next to Kim "the Smile Girl" and her companion. How great for her! I can't wait to read her review. She got to live every fan's dream! On the bootleg you can hear me yell "Get Up there!" when Ed asked her if she could sing! (At the end of Indifference).

**Sidenote--For those of you playing along at home, you can also hear me yell "Baby Alice!" right before MFC gets going. Alice is the 9 month old reason that I'm only seeing one show this tour(and probably every tour from now on)...Thanks to Grandma for babysitting...end side-note**

It's been mentioned that this show had a killer song selection, but it was almost even more lethal. According to the setlist(Another perk of the front row is that you're in a great spot when they're throwing out setlists at the end of the show:)) they were going to follow "In Hiding" & "In My Tree" with "Light Years". I noticed a tech crossing something out when he taped them down during the encore break, I guess that was it, becuase it's crossed off.

Another song that made the list but wasn't played was "You". It was set to start up the 2nd encore...Bummer!

In the "you-learn-something-new-everyday" dept, this fan had no idea that Uncle Neil was from Winnipeg. Good thing, because we were then treated to as Ed put it, "George Bush's new favorite song," - "Fuckin Up"

Feeding off the crowd's reaction, Ed couldn't stop with only one N Young song, so he started playing "R.I.T.F.W." and it seemed to surprise his fellow band mates. At least Jeff looked surprised, he was about to switch guitars when he did a doubletake and got back on stage(Sure enough, that setlist I keep bringing up has "Y Led" listed as the last song).

It ended up being a great way to end the show; the lights were up and the crowd was rocking, or in Eddie's words, "absolutely fucking amazing." My wife got a treat when Ed stood right in front of us for a long time (who am I kidding, so did I) before finally giving a tamborine to the girls next to us who talked thier way to the front row. they may have gotten a Tamborine, but we got a wink!!!

Great show!!!

P.S. One last thing about the setlist that maybe you experts out there can help with. After the 2nd encore there is another group of songs at the bottom of the page: "Deep", "Alone", "Bee Girl", & "Don't Go". Are these songs that they were thinking about playing? How cool would Bee Girl have been? :)
    "If you cannot answer a man's argument, do not panic. You can always call him names." Oscar Wilde

"All of us are entitled to our own opinion but not our own facts." Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
  • Options
    Anyway, I say this because we were right next to Kim "the Smile Girl" and her companion. How great for her! I can't wait to read her review. She got to live every fan's dream! On the bootleg you can hear me yell "Get Up there!" when Ed asked her if she could sing! (At the end of Indifference).

Hello, Kim here, I will write a review once I finally make it home, I think that I am still in shock as to what happened. I'm just glad that on the boot you can't hear me sing.
  • Options
    Well....I don't even know where to begin. I have been a long time Pearl Jam fan and I saw them back in the day at Sunfest in Gimli, they were amazing then, and they're still AMAZING!!!

Their performace was full of energy that I think everyone at the show felt. I left there on a natural high! Yes, Kim the "Smile" girl is the luckiest girl. I was so happy for her, she was living my dream.

PEARL JAM ROCKED WINNIPEG!!!! If you didn't attend the Winnipeg show and you are a fan, make sure you check out one of their shows because words can not describe how incredible it was! Thank you Pearl Jam...I LOVE YOU!
  • Options
    gremmiegal wrote:
    Hello, Kim here, I will write a review once I finally make it home, I think that I am still in shock as to what happened. I'm just glad that on the boot you can't hear me sing.

You can kinda hear you on one word :)

I bet you're in shock. I would be too. Have you emailed the pics of you with Eddie(the ones that come with the boot) to everyone you know? I'd also blow them up and wallpaper my house with them.

However you're dealing with the shock, good for you! Speaking for everyone else in the world, we're very jealous :)
    "If you cannot answer a man's argument, do not panic. You can always call him names." Oscar Wilde

"All of us are entitled to our own opinion but not our own facts." Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
  • Options
    C'mon Kim... we NEED DETAILS! I love Smile! I've been waiting for that song and they finally play it and I'm not there and THEN a fan gets to go on stage?? How often does Ed do that? NEVER!!!!!!!! You are ONE lucky FAN! Props to you and I can tell you that I would never ever ever ever ever be the same after that night. Maybe it's best that I never get to meet the band. lol. That's awesome and can't wait to hear your story. :)
    "If you guys wanna stick around we're willing to make this the longest Pearl Jam show that ever has been played" -EV, State College, PA, 5/3/03
    --
    5/3/03-State College
    7/12/03-Hershey
    10/1/04-Reading
    10/2/04-Toledo
    9/1/05- The Gorge
    7/22/06 & 7/23/06 THE GORGE!
    Tonight... WE ROCK THE GORGE!
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    Orange6883 wrote:
    Try this link to a picture we took; I hope it works! My wife and I talked with your brother for a while before the show. He seemed really nice and we were so happy for him when EV came over to him!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/Orangeillini/2005-09-08EVhug.jpg

that is fuckin awesome!!! glad you're brother got so up close too tyemarie
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    gremmiegal wrote:
    I'm Kim from the show and that was definitely one of the highlights of my life. When I get home I'll write up a review. What a night.

Kim, the picture that comes with the boot is truly beautiful. You have the biggest shit eating grin on your face. What an amazing night.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    Hello, I am new to this board. Is it just me, or does the bootleg for the Winnipeg show have a second disc that is over 80 minutes? Or is that just me? Thanks!
  • Options
    This is the best fucking show this tour, so far. Flat out, best show. overall performance, energy, crowd, setlist, everything combined make this the best show. Fucking amazing performance. As far as judging only on setlist, the gorge wins, but iit didnt sound this good. I think also, the mizing for this show is better than the previous shows, its just off the hook. All around better show. And shit, its 3hrs long!
  • Options
    Just registered here today to add my thoughts about the Winnipeg show.

I have been going to concerts for almost 30 years. The Winnipeg PJ concert had the most amazing audience reaction I have ever seen. It was an incredible experience to feel the audience become part of the music. Part of it was the singing of the audience (vocals by Eddie plus about 15,000), part of it was the clapping and cheering, and part of it was the intense emotion coming from the people lucky enough to be there. You could feel how much this music meant to all of us.

It was a beautiful thing baby!!!!
  • Options
    Just registered here today to add my thoughts about the Winnipeg show.

I have been going to concerts for almost 30 years. The Winnipeg PJ concert had the most amazing audience reaction I have ever seen. It was an incredible experience to feel the audience become part of the music. Part of it was the singing of the audience (vocals by Eddie plus about 15,000), part of it was the clapping and cheering, and part of it was the intense emotion coming from the people lucky enough to be there. You could feel how much this music meant to all of us.

It was a beautiful thing baby!!!!
    I totally agree with you there, that was a special show, i think it may have joined the likes of Boston 3 and Spodek Poland 2, benoroya hall etc
  • Options
    I totally agree with you there, that was a special show, i think it may have joined the likes of Boston 3 and Spodek Poland 2, benoroya hall etc

For sure. During the whole thing I was like "hmmm. I think this'll be something special"

xox Alternagirl
    "I don't say things like 'special evening.' I'm a guitarist"

"You never know where you're going to meet a jammer"
  • Options
    For sure. During the whole thing I was like "hmmm. I think this'll be something special"

xox Alternagirl

i agree, i knew lots of people at the wpg show and everyone was in of it.....2 days later we are still like " can you believe that show?!" it was absolutley amazing!
  • Options
    Not one to usually post opinions, but it's been three days since the show and it's still rockin me! I downloaded the show Friday morning and have been listening to it non-stop! When the performers and crowd come together, like we did on Thursday, you truly get a special show. I haven't heard any other bootlegs, but I can't imagine that Eddie says the same stuff night after night, to get the crowd going. He must mean it when he says "Winnipeg, you were fucking amazing".
    I'm heading down to Minny to see U2 in two weeks, and they're gonna have a tough act to follow.
    I seem to recognize your face.....

Gimli 7/93

Winnipeg 9/05