Options

**Winnipeg Fanviews Here**

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,928
edited January 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Set list: Better Man, Hail Hail, Corduroy, Grievance, Save You, Given To Fly, Sad, Not For You, Daughter, Wishlist, Even Flow, Untitled, MFC, 1/2 Full, Immortality, Lukin, Jeremy, Black, Do The Evolution

1st encore: In Hiding, In My Tree, Crazy Mary, Alive, Blood

2nd encore: Indifference, Smile, Small Town, Fuckin' Up, Rockin In The Free World
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Worth waiting 14 years for this!

I just got home from the Winnipeg show, and I can't even find the words to begin to describe the atmosphere at the show tonight. If 1/10th the energy comes through on the boot, it will give me shivers (again). Anyways, onto the review.

Launching the show with Betterman was incredible. Only done a couple other times previously. The crowd drowned out the band a number of times. The band just kept pumping, right into Hail, Hail and Corduroy. By the time they played Wishlish, poor Eddie had f*cked up the lyrics to several songs. He made a funny improv about wishing he wouldn't f*ck them up again during the ABITW tag for Daughter (prior to Wishlist). He seemed to give up a bit, simply allowing the crowd to sing many parts of the remaining songs in the main set (not that we complained!) Untitled was played very, very differently than it was on LOTL, again a few mis-cues. I was pumped that they added Lukin to the set! It sounded kick-ass live. At some point (forgetting now) Eddie got a cellphone from someone on the floor, and did some improv singing and talking, and got the crowd involved. I hope someone has a voice message from Eddie Vedder waiting for them to find!

First encore opening with In Hiding, then In My Tree was unbelievable! Two songs I'd been hoping they'd include tonight. I think the crowd was at it's absolute loudest tonight during Alive, though. EVERYONE was singing along. It had the band looking around in awe. It even managed to make Blood look pale in comparison.

Second encore: Indifference! Eddie's vocals were amazing. I thought all night his voice stood up well. I did notice him sneak to the back of the stage to smoke a few times though! Bad boy, I thought he quit. It didn't seem to hurt his sound though. Then, Eddie talked about a girl who'd been to every Canadian show so far, wearing the same shirt asking them to play a song. He explained they weren't sure they knew it well enough to play, but because they feared for the comfort of those sitting around the girl, they'd just bring her up to help them play it so she wouldn't have to wear the shirt again. The song: SMILE! Up comes Kim, who gets to sit onstage, help Eddie sing the chorus, shares some wine with him, and gets whisked around the stage in an impromptu waltz with him. I hope your friends got pics! Amazing. Eddie went into a heartfelt speech about Neil Young (Uncle Neil, as he lets them call him), and of course made us all think he was there. Well, unfortunately he wasn't. It didn't stop Ed & Co. from smoking through F*ckin' Up and RITFW. The house lights were on the last 2 songs, and Eddie went on to genuinely compliment and thank the Winnipeg crowd for being "f*cking amazing". Well, Eddie, so were you.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam
    w/ The Supersuckers
    MTS Centre
    Sept. 8th, 2005

A+

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A Pearl Jam show is better than sex.

It's just as emotionally and physically exhausting, but it lasts for three hours and climaxes many times. And this particular Pearl Jam show was so good it was surreal.

Playing to an epic crowd of 16,000 (the largest for the MTS Centre), the grunge veterans finally brought their groundbreaking music to Winnipeg. And break ground, they did.

Paired with a minimal stage and bare bones lighting, the focus was entirely on Pearl Jam and their huge sound. Going through a generous two and a half hour set, Eddie and the boys covered a little of everything, making for an in depth, eclectic performance. With particular attention to the album No Code, we were given the grown up Pearl Jam tunes paired with the angst and energy they had in 1991.

In fact, the set list was perfect. With enough obscure tunes like Sad and Lukin to keep the die hards happy and enough of Ten to keep everyone happy, Pearl Jam knew what their audience wanted.

From pretty slow songs like the heartbreaking Indifference to the devastatingly beautiful Immortality, to dramatic, soul bearing rockers like Blood and Do The Evolution, Vedder's voice took on it's own role as an instrument. Swigging from his usual jug of wine, and dressed simply in a t-shirt and cords, Vedder relished sharing his music, and a bit of himself with the crowd. Switching from his trademark baritone to soaring, beautiful falsettos to throat searing screams, Vedder's voice carried all the angst, heartache, joy, confusion and love of his lyrics. The sheer energy being but into his voice made it almost an ethereal, surreal experience. The result was a truly moving, sincere performance. It's music that is made to be live.

But it was Vedder's signature Waaaaaaaaaaah! that got the crowd going during Even Flow. Hits such as Jeremy and Alive were revamped with 8 minute solos and lyric changes. Daughter went into a nice tag of Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall. They put the jam in Pearl Jam, making good songs even better.

The crowd was just as amazing as the show, amazing enough for Vedder to comment. "Winnipeg, you're f*cking amazing, and I mean that" an awestruck Vedder said to the crowd. Everyone was on their feet, everyone was singing and everyone was there for them.

During the last encore, a privileged fan got to join Vedder for the tune Smile she apparently had be requesting (via t-shirt) for quite some time. Vedder treated her to an awkward, exaggerated slow dance.

And just when you think it can't possibly get better than Alive and the night's surprise, Jeremy, Pearl Jam rounds out the night with two Neil Young covers, the last of which being Rockin' in the Free World, played under the house lights.

I have seen Pearl Jam before and they were nowhere near as good as they were at this show. It was truly the concert of a lifetime, and I dare say, the show of the tour. Pearl Jam did something that many bands can't. They played a perfect show.

xox Alternagirl
    "I don't say things like 'special evening.' I'm a guitarist"

"You never know where you're going to meet a jammer"
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    how was In Hiding??? Was it as sloppy as it has been in the past or did they nail it?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    just got in from the show and let me tell ya....i'm exhausted and can barely speak. By far the greatest show i've ever been too. After watching the set lists get shorter and shorter as they headed east i was worried...but they played for almost 3 hours tonight!!!! and the reason was......the crowd!!

never have a been to a show where the crowd was this loud. I'm a winnipeger and i have never seen a crowd like this in all the concerts i've gone to....it was deafening in the place....and it didn't go unnoticed by the band. After they tore threw the first five songs (betterman, hail hail, cordouroy, save you....) eddie finally addressed the crowd and said something along the lines of "this is the loudest crowd we've seen so far....this is crazy...even before we came out....during the pre-set (the supersuckers who were great)...we were sitting back stage thinking what the fuck is going on out there...it's crazy.....let's hope you guys have the endurance to go the distance cause we're just getting started"

they then just ripped the next bunch of tunes.....untitled/MFC....sad.....evenflow.....jeremy....lukin....do the evolution...not for you.. and the crowd just go louder and louder.

eddie just kept looking at the crowd and smiling to himself and shaking his head in disbelief. During black, he went and sat down on the side and just shook his head to the music and listened to the crowd do all the "do do do do do do do" parts...after the song he said, "we've played black countless times and i've got to say, i sat down and closed my eyes and i was just blown away...absolutely blown away"

the noise was deafening when they came back for the first encore...ed went to say something and just stopped and started laughing cause the crowd just drowned him out. All the guys were laughing and having a great time...ed pulled a girl named kim onto the stage to sing and dance with him during smile (she had been wearing a shirt with the word smile on it all canadian tour and they were worried she hadn't washed it yet)

during rocking in the free world, with all the house lights up, eddie was again just taken aback by all 16000 people clapping in unison....the whole band just stood there and looked around the whole arena with big smiles on their faces while they played....and ed said..."winnipeg...i've got to tell you....and i mean this from the bottom of my heart.....you guys are fucking amazing.....absolutly fucking amazing" and the crowd just got louder.

so yeah...that's my rambly recap.....best show...best crowd...best night....best band ever.........................best be going now.
  • Options
    They nailed In Hiding! Smile was so so, they lost track part way through and the beat didn't continue well throughout, but still very well done. Indifference and Immortality sounded great, the whole concert gave me chills and more than one song brought a tear to the big guy's eye...(partially because it was the last show for us on the tour... :( )
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    sounds fantastic, wish i could been there, someone posted this link on a tragically hip board i visit, lotsa pics already!!

http://www.truenorthproject.mb.ca/press_releases/content.php?press_id=71
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    It was kind of confusing too when they started talking about Neil Young and stuff, the crowd I believe was under the impression that Neil was in the building and coming to do a performance. I believe this rumour started, or was at least magnified, by a local radio station... :|

This message is for that radio station, go fuck yourselves and your shit broadcasting, you disappointed more than a few people by repeating old/unfounded rumours. Pearl Jam, unfortunately, were caught in the middle of the whole thing and of course they did not disappoint because they have integrity and try to follow some simple principles in life, ie not screwing around with people''\s emotions. Once again, go fuck yourselves "Winnipeg's Best Rock"...

Who does shit like that? A bunch of hack wannabees thats who..., btw I had way better tickets than those shitheads...
  • Options
    I did a quick little review but time to do a proper one while I wait for the bootleg to pop up...Please excuse the length :)

So its the long awaited September 8th, Winnipeg's MTS Centre is packed with people inside and out getting ready to check out PJ. The Super Suckers were good openers. They goofed around with the crowd and had a game of 'pass the bass' where all the band members took a turn at bat with the lead singer saying "if you ever want to join are band you can just come play bass" Eddie made his surprise appearance in his sparkly and masked ensemble for the final song and that capped off a great opening act.

So at about 8:25, 5 minutes before the band is supposed to start, a bunch of people get up and start cheering with pretty much the whole stadium following suit. A few people exchange looks of 'why are we cheering' but continue on while I yell "Yeah GO roadies!" and figure I might as well keep cheering until the band shows. Our roar gets louder and louder for the 5 minutes before the band shows up and apparently was a bit of a shock for them. :)

So expecting maybe Release for the first song, I'm suprised to hear Eddie jump right into the first notes of Betterman and the crowd jumps into the singing along role which we'll continue to do for most of the night.

Pearl Jam continue a non-stop high energy string of tunes for us and the crowd helps keep the momentum by dancing, clapping, singing. Full tilt boogy baby!

We then get a couple notes of Sad before they switch off to Given to fly. I was worried for a minute we were going to miss out on it, luckily this was not the case. I'm glad Sad is showing up in the sets a lot now because man, it sounds awesome live

Some more classics followed that, with Eddie getting the crowd to do a little improv sing along on the tag of daughter before going into another brick in the wall. I mostly noticed the missteps in Wishlist but there was a few other songs I think too, no problem it just made me smile. :)

As per usual, there's an awesome version of evenflow with crazy madman soloing by McCready. Then a beautiful take of Untitled/MFC which is one of my faves and left me freaking. It was followed by a solid Half Full (More McCreadying Yay!) and yet another amazing personal favorite: Immortality.

This brings us to Lukin which left me wondering what they were going to follow it with since they already did grievence and not for you. They actually didn't go straight into another song but did a full stop with the lights going off and then a spot light coming on for Jeff to start off on Jeremy. To continue the crowd freaking out they went into Black and then a high energy Do the Evolution to finish off the main set.

The crowd cheered nonstop at full volume until the band came back with my bevolved In Hiding. The only thing was everyone jumped the gun on cheering and drowned out Stones little solo riff at the end grrrrrr!

Crazy Mary lived up to its name with a crazy solo by Boom, then one by McCready and then a out of control duet by both of them. Most people were yelling Boom afterwards since it was his big solo, but too bad we couldn't give it up for both of them. I think Eddie may have been announcing Mike McCready while everyone was yelling Boom, lets hope we didn't accidently slight him! Alive took everyone to fever pitch and we had some hardcore rocking out with blood to finish the first encore.

Another nonstop cheer while the band stepped off stage and another great song when they returned: Indifference. Next was the devoted fan inspired Smile, which her onstage adventure she will not soon forget. Afterwards we got the Neil Young talk and a trio of great tunes to correspond with it. I wasn't expecting Neil to show up so it didn't bother me much. I hope there weren't too many dissapointed. I'm sure Neil will come for his own show eventually.

In a word the show was amazing, in two words it was f*cking amazing! Huge thanks once again to Pearl Jam, 10club and all my fellow fans that were mts centre for making it such a memorable night.

thanks!
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    Sea wrote:
    Set list: Better Man, Hail Hail, Corduroy, Grievance, Save You, Given To Fly, Sad, Not For You, Daughter, Wishlist, Even Flow, Untitled, MFC, 1/2 Full, Immortality, Lukin, Jeremy, Black, Do The Evolution

1st encore: In Hiding, In My Tree, Crazy Mary, Alive, Blood

2nd encore: Indifference, Smile, Small Town, Fuckin' Up, Rockin In The Free World

NICE 2nd encore saves it from being ordinary
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    so what happened with Sad, did they play it full?
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    so what happened with Sad, did they play it full?

Yes,
    they stopped it before GTF,
    did it completely after GTF

If I'm understanding this correctly..
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    vairbabes wrote:
    The house lights were on the last 2 songs, and Eddie went on to genuinely compliment and thank the Winnipeg crowd for being "f*cking amazing". Well, Eddie, so were you.

Usually when I cry first thing in the morning, it's a good sign that it's going to be a bad day....

not this time. beautiful wording. :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    WOW!! Thank you so much for these reviews, i've got chills. I was up until 1:30 last night sitting on the board, waiting for word as the show progressed. I was up for work at 5:30 and , i'm freaking tired but man it was worth it. I had a blast chatting with everyone, this has been one hell of a ride and i'm glad i get to share these experinces with you all.
    I see my first show of the tour Sunday in Kitchener, you've got me so exited.

BTW i'm going to downlownd Winnepeg for sure
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    Usually when I cry first thing in the morning, it's a good sign that it's going to be a bad day....

not this time. beautiful wording. :)

hugs ().....................................
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    it sounds alright i guess
  • Options
    Last night's show was my first Pearl Jam concert ever and I can only sum it up as: UN. FREAKIN. BELIEVABLE.
  • Options
    how are they playing In My Tree this tour? Same as '03 with the slower version?
    We can all be free
    Maybe not with words
    Maybe not with a look
    But with your mind
    -Cat Power
  • Options
    The concert was freakin amazing, had the time of my life.
    however i'd like to take this time to mention what a cowardly bunch of pussys, O.B.O. security are.
    I'm 5'2 and I had a seat in the second last row on the floor. so I politely asked the folks behind me if they would mind if i stood on my seat. they said no problem. however the O.B.O. security jerks only focused on me and trying to ruin my fun. they said nothing to the bigger guys standing on their seats right in front of me. when I asked them why was it allright for some people to stand on their seat but not me. he actually said "he is out of my jurisdiction"
    one row in front of me, like he's the sheriff of the city
    it don't matter cause i still had the time of my life, and now my friends understand why i've loved this band for 12 years.
    PEARL JAM ROCKS!!!!!!!!
  • Options

yup more or less the same as '03. no drums for the first little bit
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349

yeah its basically the same as '03...there just isn't as much Boom, well at least it didn't seem like it at the gorge
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    I am so jealous that Winnipeg got In My Tree!

Does anyone have a picture of the show poster, perhaps? I'm obsessed with them now.
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    I remember seeing a guy in line before the show with a sign that said "In My Tree" and "Viva New Orleans" in the back, and when the band played the song, I just thought to myself that Ed and the guys sure made that guy's day... The whole show was awesome, but I am extra happy that I got to hear In Hiding, Smile, Sad, and Crazy Mary live...
  • Options
    jkgjkg Posts: 1
    yes....PJ, the Love Boat Captains unloaded their music in Winnipeg, I mean big big loads...
    I am not going to repeat the set list, but both my husband and I have never seen any Western rock concert before(we are both East Indians and heard basically Indian music all our life, but having partly grown up in Canda, I have always admired Pearl Jam's great respect for music and ofcourse, they are very very talented)...it was absolutely worth it to spend a night with energetic Band and Fans. The set list was pretty standard (no new songs), Band gave the fans what they wanted, afterall, it has been nearly 15 years before they returned. Eddie Vedder is no doubt a very charismatic and passionate Frontman of his generation. It was a great musical journey to witness the young fans and their beloved Band. Ofcourse, Neil Young has contributed a lot to their "standard" of music and the crazy business that sourrounds music.

Side Note: appearance of Band....Eddie has got to spot smoking, Stone and Jeff should turn more to the Back of stage audience for both upper and down...(we were section 313 first row. upper level). Although Stone and Jeff appeared friendly, but both seem to be very reserved. Mike turned back a few times, and we really appreicated that he acknowledged us. Eddie turned around few times, but defiinetly not enough, but he did make reference to back audience ""small theatre going on her in the back". Eddie communicated with side stage audience few times...he ran to side stage...some lucky fan in front got tambourine and a hug, and girl Kim was hand picked from fan club front seats for a stage sing along...wow...

Boom was great addition, although, the Band could work on more creativity with Boom.

The Band seem to be rushed...would like to have heard few more comments, about coming back when and If...also, how the Band will continue their future creativity....although friendly overall appearance of Band....I don't think they interacted too much with the Fans...but it was a great show...

hope you all had fun...I probably forgot few things to add...but hey, it is Pearl Jam and we are all excited fans....

JKG

Don't think how many moments are in life, but how much life is in each moment.

excuse my grammar,,,pleasse........very tired..

• Options
    I've been to dozens and dozens of concerts in my day. I think the first being Soundgarden over a decade ago. I have to say that this Pearl Jam concert was the most amazing concert I have ever been to ever!

Not only was the band absolutely phenomenal the crowd was amazing. I'm listening to the official bootleg as we speak and it doesnt do it justice. The crowd was ***LOUD***. Singing along with Black or laughing and cheering for the girl dancing with Eddie during smile. I think thats what made the show for me, the crowd were just so into it and singing with PJ every step of the way. The MTS centre was packed, there wasnt an empty seat, they even had made it open behind the stage and Eddie devoted time to the people back there. Everyone I've talked was completely awed by the experience.

This show is an example of exactly what a concert should be.

Thank you Pearl Jam for finally coming to town and thank you Winnipeg for being an absolutely amazing crowd to see a show with.
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    SMILE SMILE SMILE!!! IM SO JEALOUS!!! *TEARS TEARS TEARS* :D:D:D:D

*one day dammit*
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    Kaddikat wrote:
    SMILE SMILE SMILE!!! IM SO JEALOUS!!! *TEARS TEARS TEARS* :D:D:D:D

*one day dammit*

I'm Kim from the show and that was definitely one of the highlights of my life. When I get home I'll write up a review. What a night.
  • Options
    It was kind of confusing too when they started talking about Neil Young and stuff, the crowd I believe was under the impression that Neil was in the building and coming to do a performance. I believe this rumour started, or was at least magnified, by a local radio station... :|

This message is for that radio station, go fuck yourselves and your shit broadcasting, you disappointed more than a few people by repeating old/unfounded rumours. Pearl Jam, unfortunately, were caught in the middle of the whole thing and of course they did not disappoint because they have integrity and try to follow some simple principles in life, ie not screwing around with people''\s emotions. Once again, go fuck yourselves "Winnipeg's Best Rock"...

Who does shit like that? A bunch of hack wannabees thats who..., btw I had way better tickets than those shitheads...

fucking rights.. you go ! we all get better tickets than any of those shitheads.. and they know it. excuse the anger.. ive had it with that kind of shit too.
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    Pearl Jam
    w/ The Supersuckers
    MTS Centre
    Sept. 8th, 2005

A+

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A Pearl Jam show is better than sex.

It's just as emotionally and physically exhausting, but it lasts for three hours and climaxes many times. And this particular Pearl Jam show was so good it was surreal.

Playing to an epic crowd of 16,000 (the largest for the MTS Centre), the grunge veterans finally brought their groundbreaking music to Winnipeg. And break ground, they did.

Paired with a minimal stage and bare bones lighting, the focus was entirely on Pearl Jam and their huge sound. Going through a generous two and a half hour set, Eddie and the boys covered a little of everything, making for an in depth, eclectic performance. With particular attention to the album No Code, we were given the grown up Pearl Jam tunes paired with the angst and energy they had in 1991.

In fact, the set list was perfect. With enough obscure tunes like Sad and Lukin to keep the die hards happy and enough of Ten to keep everyone happy, Pearl Jam knew what their audience wanted.

From pretty slow songs like the heartbreaking Indifference to the devastatingly beautiful Immortality, to dramatic, soul bearing rockers like Blood and Do The Evolution, Vedder's voice took on it's own role as an instrument. Swigging from his usual jug of wine, and dressed simply in a t-shirt and cords, Vedder relished sharing his music, and a bit of himself with the crowd. Switching from his trademark baritone to soaring, beautiful falsettos to throat searing screams, Vedder's voice carried all the angst, heartache, joy, confusion and love of his lyrics. The sheer energy being but into his voice made it almost an ethereal, surreal experience. The result was a truly moving, sincere performance. It's music that is made to be live.

But it was Vedder's signature Waaaaaaaaaaah! that got the crowd going during Even Flow. Hits such as Jeremy and Alive were revamped with 8 minute solos and lyric changes. Daughter went into a nice tag of Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall. They put the jam in Pearl Jam, making good songs even better.

The crowd was just as amazing as the show, amazing enough for Vedder to comment. "Winnipeg, you're f*cking amazing, and I mean that" an awestruck Vedder said to the crowd. Everyone was on their feet, everyone was singing and everyone was there for them.

During the last encore, a privileged fan got to join Vedder for the tune Smile she apparently had be requesting (via t-shirt) for quite some time. Vedder treated her to an awkward, exaggerated slow dance.

And just when you think it can't possibly get better than Alive and the night's surprise, Jeremy, Pearl Jam rounds out the night with two Neil Young covers, the last of which being Rockin' in the Free World, played under the house lights.

I have seen Pearl Jam before and they were nowhere near as good as they were at this show. It was truly the concert of a lifetime, and I dare say, the show of the tour. Pearl Jam did something that many bands can't. They played a perfect show.

xox Alternagirl

damn thats a great way to put it.. and its TRUE! ;):D *meow* seriously after the first 3 shows, I come home and MY MOM (!!) goes "WOW!!! YOUR SKIN LOOKS GREAT" haahha ;):p :eek: *halo*

Im more of a chill out in the background kinda chick but fucking SMILE!!! IM SO EXCITED!!! Cmon KIM WRITE THAT REVIEW!!I cant wait to read about your experience!! :D:D
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    gremmiegal wrote:
    I'm Kim from the show and that was definitely one of the highlights of my life. When I get home I'll write up a review. What a night.

The girl who was on stage and sang Smile? The girl who I am currently very jealous of? I wasn't at the show but my friends were and when they told me, I was so jealous! Congradulations though... why did they pick you in particular? DETAILS!
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    Sounds awesome Winnipeg...I knew that place would be a great crowd... Ed said sorta the same stuff about the crowd level as he did in Calgary which was fucking crazy loud so i KNOW I can believe you guys saying the crowd was loud...so cool...feel bad for this couple I sat by for the shows in Calgary/Edmonton/Saskatoon...as they had an Indifference sign held up for each show and got no love...think they didnt go to the Peg either...ah well....this will be a definete must buy show just for the fact In Hiding got played...excellant reviews lets keep hearing them....whats this I hear Ed dropping in Saskatoon in Not For You...fuck in Edmonton he was rambling about Saskatoon and now he still mentions it in Winnipeg...fucking funny..postive he loves saying Saskatoon...anyways I knew Winnipeg would be a great crowd I can remember being apart of the White-Outs when the Jets were town...GREAT JOB WINNIPEG.....