Options

**Winnipeg Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    I just got home from Winnipeg, been there a few days, The show was the best I've ever seen, Thier energy reminded me of the way they played back in the early 90's I just couldn't believe it. We had totally amazing 10c seats right off on Stone's side. Best moment for me was when Eddie came to the very corner of the stage and sang they last verse of Alive, I took my hat off and waved it high to grab his attention and he looked right at me as he sang "Oh do I deserve to be, is that the question" WOW I had a huge chill go down my back. Thanks to Pearl Jam and the Supersuckers and all thier crew for finally comming to Winnipeg and putting on a memorable show.
    "Keep on Rockin In the Free World"

"Gimli,MB 08-14-93"
    "Fargo,ND 06-15-03"
    "Winnipeg,MB 09-08-05"
    "Thunder Bay,ON 09-09-05"
  • Options
    It....was MY cell phone that Eddie sung on my friend's voicemail...we're still trying to figure out if he got it or not. At least we have the bootleg!

I was so fucking pumped I stood on my chair and pumped my fist and the whole crowd went crazy! One of the most unbelievable experiences of my life!

...and to top it off...they played IN HIDING!!!!!!!!

I will definitely write a "full" review of both shows (Peg and T-Bay) later...at this point I'm just listening to the boot trying to relive it all again!
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    It....was MY cell phone that Eddie sung on my friend's voicemail...we're still trying to figure out if he got it or not. At least we have the bootleg!

I was so fucking pumped I stood on my chair and pumped my fist and the whole crowd went crazy! One of the most unbelievable experiences of my life!

I will definitely write a "full" review of both shows (Peg and T-Bay) later...at this point I'm just listening to the boot trying to relive it all again!

Hey! I'm listening to the Winnipeg boot right now. Did you see the picture with your phone in it? Awesome!!

It was awesome meeting you! What time did you guys get home today?
  • Options
    Hey! I'm listening to the Winnipeg download bootleg right now. Did you see the picture with your phone in it? Awesome!!

It was awesome meeting you! What time did you guys get home today?

It was great meeting you too! I found the pic and nearly shat myself! We got to the cities around 430...We woke up around 1030 and took off not long after that and noticed your guys' car was gone. You must have gotten up early!
  • Options
    It was great meeting you too! I found the pic and nearly shat myself! We got to the cities around 430...We woke up around 1030 and took off not long after that and noticed your guys' car was gone. You must have gotten up early!

We woke up around 10 and left at about 10:50. We stopped in Minneapolis for Chipolte and got back to Kato around 6:30. BEAUTIFUL drive!
  • Options
    PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266

thats fucking awesome dude!!!!! we updated the YIELD thread in your honor. you called for In Hiding in Winnipeg and PJ fucking delivered it.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=112630
  • Options
    I wish I got to meet you guys. But I'm glad you liked my town :)

And I'm so proud that it was your phone, Yield. That's awesome :)

xox Alternagirl
    "I don't say things like 'special evening.' I'm a guitarist"

"You never know where you're going to meet a jammer"
  • Options
    We woke up around 10 and left at about 10:50. We stopped in Minneapolis for Chipolte and got back to Kato around 6:30. BEAUTIFUL drive!

You can thank me for giving you guys the idea.... :) We went to Chipotle in St Anthony when we got back...mmmmmm hit the spot!
  • Options
    You can thank me for giving you guys the idea.... :) We went to Chipotle in St Anthony when we got back...mmmmmm hit the spot!
    we hit up the Calhoun chipotle. Double steak...mmm, fucking delicious.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options

Nice...how ya feelin'? I'm exhausted, thrilled, and sore. What a great time!
  • Options
    Nice...how ya feelin'? I'm exhausted, thrilled, and sore. What a great time!
    exactly the same man.

i'm satisfied, yet craving more! Listened to bits and pieces of the boots and i'm still blown away...still doesn't even remotely do it justice however!

and of course it was nice meeting up with you guys and having a few beers :)

i'll be hitting the sack here and sleeping in until about noon i reckon!
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options
    I just got home from Winnipeg, been there a few days, The show was the best I've ever seen, Thier energy reminded me of the way they played back in the early 90's I just couldn't believe it. We had totally amazing 10c seats right off on Stone's side. Best moment for me was when Eddie came to the very corner of the stage and sang they last verse of Alive, I took my hat off and waved it high to grab his attention and he looked right at me as he sang "Oh do I deserve to be, is that the question" WOW I had a huge chill go down my back. Thanks to Pearl Jam and the Supersuckers and all thier crew for finally comming to Winnipeg and putting on a memorable show.

Wow, we both have something in common from this show. During Fuckin Up, when Ed came over to Stone's side to destroy a tambourine (just before he hopped down to talk with the guy in the wheelchair) I was just staring up at him in Awe. I had my hands in the air, clapping and pumping my fists, and just started mouthing the words "Thank You" as I watched him, and next thing I know he was staring right at me, making solid eye contact for a good minute or so, and it looked like he was saying something back. I thought I was hallucinating or something, I thought I was just seeing something I wanted. But after the show my girlfriend turned to me and said "What was he saying to you? It was like he was talking right to you"

I know to some it may seem like "whoah, big deal, so he looked at you?" But when you consider how much this band tries to interact with the crowd, how much they share the crowd's energy, it is just phenomenal when any one of them focuses on you for any lengthy stretch of time.
    Minneapolis : 06/30/1998 - Chicago : 10/09/2000 - Vancouver : 05/30/2003 - Fargo : 06/15/2003 - Winnipeg : 09/08/2005 - Thunder Bay : 09/09/2005 - St. Paul : 06/26/2006 - Chicago : 08/23/2009 - Chicago : 08/24/2009
  • Options

What a trip! Man, that was a lot of driving but it was a beautiful drive for the most part. I think it ended up being about 1300 miles in 3 days. Winnipeg show rocked! The band was not as intense as I saw them in Vancouver but the energy from the crowd was better. We didn't get up til about 11:45 and got on the road about 1pm. Stopped by Taco Hell and KFC about 40 miles from the Twin Cities and then had to make a Chipotle run myself tonight at 9pm. Wally, PM me your email address and I will send you my pics.
  • Options
    This concert was amazing, PJ kicked fuckin ass with a long show and the crowd was crazy loud. I couldnt even hear Eddie talk over the crowd in between songs and on the boot I can hear him but barely the crowd. The band looked like they were genuinely enjoying themselves up there and their performance was really quite impressive and makes this boot totally worth getting. Too bad you can't get the dvd footage to go with this concert, I would buy that too. The set list has a good mixture of tunes, I was hoping they would play Tremor Christ, but PJ have soooo many good songs you'll never hear them all in just one concert. Drank a few beers, smoked a couple of joints, this was without a doubt the best PJ concert I've ever been to. Kicking myself in the ass for not planning ahead and catching more of these shows on the Canadian tour.

Vancouver, BC 05/21/1992
    Vancouver, BC 07/21/1992 Lollapalooza
    Vancouver, BC 09/04/1993
    Vancouver, BC 07/19/1998
    Winnipeg, MB 09/08/2005
    Vancouver 05/21/92
    Vancouver 07/21/92
    Vancouver 09/04/93
    Vancouver 07/19/98
    Winnipeg 09/08/05
    Calgary 08/08/09
    Winnipeg 09/17/11
  • Options
    MFCMFC Posts: 13
    Winnipeg was insane. here i am 4 days later still talking about it , mentioning it to everyone i know/see. i then proceed to ask them if they had witnessed it and everyone always answers with that same ear to ear grin "F**KING RIGHTS best show i have seen" ...then get into the whole "energy" topic.
    ...brings me right back to that night .....every time... the Winnipeg Sun had a CRAP review of the show.. where the heck do they get some of these writers? they shouldnt even be called writers. i have read more fascinating things on the bathroom stall of the ZOO (local dive).
    However the Winnipeg Free Press had a more interesting article... stilll... i come here to see what you have to say ... because quite frankly i dont give a flying *bleep* what the media has to say....its US and the band that really matters.

i jotted around from seat to seat in the upper upper level before finally just saying the heck with it and sat in my "proper seat". It didnt matter that i could barely see the band , and my first thoughts of "hey they dont have video projection screens of the band thats pretty S*itty" quickly changed by the time the chorus of Betterman kicked in and 16,000 maniacs were screaming at the top of their lungs.

Corduroy,GTF, Sad,..... Not For You (SASKATOON!!!) i laughed it was awesome. gotta love eds sense of humour..\

Daughter i thought they would tag w/ Neil Young but they Floyd tag was great anyways because they would play neil at the end.

Even Flow oh my gawd i thought this song would NEVER end .. Mike McCready was like a Schitzophrenic Jim Hendrix with A.D.D.. something like 3 minute or 4 minute solo...and probably one of my favourites from him of the night.

MFC , this is really what i wanted to hear live , they just kept making my night over and over again.

Imortality cut me in half i felt as though my brain was leaking fluid... "IM LOSING PLASMA BY THE THIMBLE FUL!" .. i didnt know where i was for 5 minutes.

Lukin - shook the hell out of me, pieced me back together and reminded me i was at the Pearl Jam concert.

im glad i got to hear EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE SONGS.
    Wishlist was magical and the lights were perfect 200 percent for this..i really REALLY am glad i got to hear this live .. also its my brothers fav song and it made him smile~ :) ... im happy he got it. :)

Black blew the hell right out of me , i think i had my eyes closed the whole time. its too bad that the bootleg did not capture the audience as loud as they were the whole time, but especially on this song because it was for me the highlight of the show. i guess some things you just cant relive , and this , i will say is one of them.
    After Black i just lost it completely.. i was aware then that i was at the best show i had ever been to in my life (including Jane's Addiction).

In Hiding - i almost had a heart attack and pissed my pants at the same time. completely unexpected. couple slips , they pretty much nailed it though.

In my tree- i wanted to cry except couldnt.

Alive , once again the crowd and its orgasmic like eruption... at times i thought ed was just going to let us sing a whole song by ourselves... another deranged lunatic solo ..... the Atlanta brave tomahawk chopish (because thats exactly what the eff it looked like!) "hey , ,hey ,,hey" just came out of nowhere ....every single person... again i felt like grabbing one of these chord looking things from the rafters and wanted to swing around ...

when the house lights went on at the end i couldnt believe it , i could not spot an open seat in that place...people sitting on the sstair midrow on the upper 3rd bowl.. the view was surreal.. i thought it was the perfect way to end and already perfect show. (the whole lights on , then having them go back out again for them to come back on typical rock show thing bugs me)
    This just goes to show you that again this was not a typical show
    Having the band be able to see a bunch of people from Neil's home town while they cranked out his songs.i imagine felt amazing. me? i felt like i was in an oversized night club .. a really really huge one.. to me it was yes, that intimate.

that's my story... im not sticking to it... i can add things as they come back to me and remove whatever i want anytime i want.

i want to thank the whole PJ crew and everyone at the show for being such good sports.

ps - does anyone have a DVD of them at Gimli Motorsport park in 93' they could perhaps burn me?
    Bic lighter = $1.79
    Cigarettes = $6.00
    Pearl Jam tickets = $60
    12 beers for you and your buddy = $60
    gut punched and ejected from a Pearl Jam concert by Rent-a-Cop security for smoking = priceless!"

--"Shit , i said fuck" - Eddie Vedder 2005
    - CanCon rips everyone off look out
  • Options
    RiotAct wrote:
    What a trip! Man, that was a lot of driving but it was a beautiful drive for the most part. I think it ended up being about 1300 miles in 3 days. Winnipeg show rocked! The band was not as intense as I saw them in Vancouver but the energy from the crowd was better. We didn't get up til about 11:45 and got on the road about 1pm. Stopped by Taco Hell and KFC about 40 miles from the Twin Cities and then had to make a Chipotle run myself tonight at 9pm. Wally, PM me your email address and I will send you my pics.
    That was an unbelievable trip! Two amazing shows...and i have to say the best 2 PJ shows i've seen!

It was great meeting up with you guys. And again, i can't thank you enough about yourself and Brian hooking us up with tickets. 2nd row in front of Mike for two straight shows truely was a dream come true (and a dream that i never thought would happen given my number!) So again, thank you to both of you...an amazing experience. Glad we could have a few beers after the show too! Let's hope we'll get to do this again next summer!

i look forward to getting all your pictures too, hint hint :D:D:D

• Options
    Winnipeg was insane, almost 3 hours long, by far the best show so far on this tour.
  • Options
    MFC, I totally understand where you're coming from....I keep thinking about the show..talking about it....wishing I could do it all over again tonight. It really was amazing; I've been to a few shows and this one was remarkable, quite possibly the best. The band and the crowd just seemed to feed off each other's energy. It was beautiful. Ijust can't thank everyone who was involved enough.....it was a night that I'll never forget.
  • Options
    djsmootdjsmoot Posts: 126
    First of all, thank you 10C for the great tix - this was my 13th or 14th show and the first time I made it into the front row. Leaving my wife and kids to rock out with PJ is much easier to do when I don't have to stand in line all day, so needless to say, I hope you stay with your current system for the US tour.

My buddy and I were right in front of Mike. He puts on a great show and it is absolutely amazing to see how he jams for the entire night.

The reviews have been written and I just wanted to reiterate that this show rocked. If it is not the best show I have ever been to, it is right up there. It is nice to see that band seemed just as excited to be on stage as we were to watch them perform.

I also wanted throw some "props" out there to my fellow PJ fans. Friendly as all hell and you all make it easy to enjoy a show.

Winnipeg should be proud. Talk to you later....
  • Options
    Here's my review:

This review is hard for me to type. It’s hard for me to put in words how amazing this band and this show is/was, but I'll try. We got into Winnipeg from Minneapolis around 3 or so. After checking into the hotel, we hiked over to the MTS Centre and walked around the outside of the arena looking for the 10c ticket window. Finally we found it and I gave the nice blonde gal my ID and she gave me an envelope with my name on it. I opened it slowly with my eyes closed and when I pulled out the tickets I saw a little “4” on the top and rejoiced! After tackling my friend in celebration, we headed for the Kings Head for the pre-concert meet up. Not too many people were there so we just headed for the venue.

The Supersuckers were on stage when we got inside and got some beverages to keep our throats clear during the show. Before we went to our seats, we found some of our synergy board friends in the hallway and we all agreed to meet up at the same location after the show.

It got close to the time for the boys to come on so we headed to our seats in the 4th row (THANKS 10c!). We speculated what they would open with (my money was on Long Road, but I was holding out hope for Oceans) and after ten minutes, they came out to thunderous applause and cheering. Then Ed broke into Betterman. I was shocked! What a great change of pace for an opener.

The next few songs were pretty standard, except they started to play the beginning of Sad, but something went wrong and they stopped and huddled and then ripped into Given To Fly. They made up for the flub by playing Sad right after Given To Fly. The boys always aim to please. Not For You followed Sad and it was typical Ed, screaming his lungs out. At one point in the song, he said “Where’d the fuck did they come from? SASKATOON!” which was a nice little add in for the local folks.

Then, something magical happened for me. Daughter was the next song and I was excited to hear it and wondered what tag they would have. A friend of mine asked me to call him and leave him a message with some music from the show so I figured now was a good time to do it since I had heard Daughter many times before. I dialed him up and his voice mail picked up so I put the phone up towards the band as they played the song. After I had left the message, I look up and Ed is motioning to me to give him the phone. I was not going to go against his wishes so I quickly called my friend again and passed my phone up (thanks people in front of me!) and they gave it to Ed. He then proceeded to sing a mini tag for daughter into my friend’s voicemail! I was standing there simply stunned. Ed must have noticed my friend’s voicemail picked up so he sang a message into the phone and casually added at the end “Uhh, we’re in Winnipeg. You’re in Los Angeles? Argh! Good-bye!” Then, he folded up my phone and threw it underhand to me. In my stunned state, I managed to sum up some concentration and I made the grab!! I was so excited, I jumped up on my seat and pumped my fist and the whole crowd cheered! It was unbelievable! They finished up with Another Brick in the Wall for the rest of the Daughter tag.

After the main set was over, the first encore was my absolute favorite Pearl Jam song, IN HIDING! My screen name on synergy has something to do with that song and I was absolutely stunned again that they played it at the first concert of this tour that I attended! To add to that, they followed In Hiding with a great version of In My Tree.

The rest of the concert was just amazing, the crowd was so into it, so loud, and so intense! It made the entire experience like a dream for me. Thank you so much again Ten Club for the wonderful seats! Thank you Ed, for the message to my friend. It was probably not a big deal to you, but it meant the world to me. Thank you Pearl Jam, for a night to remember!
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    I'm going to post this before reading the thread in hopes 1) I remember things as *I* remember them and not through someone else and 2) I reenforce what others have said because if they didn't say this was a phenomenal show then they're out of their mind.

My background: This was the fifth time I've seen them. I realized on the way up from Minneapolis that after my Winnipeg/Thunder Bay run that I will have seen them outside my home state more than inside (Fargo, Boston I, and then these two). I'm sure that is the case for many of you here, but it was still a strange thing for me to realize. At the border patrol station, as soon as we pulled up the guy took one look asked "Going to Pearl Jam?" After saying yes, he asked us the usual necessary questions and then said "Have a good time. Get outta here." Apparently many cars had preceded our border visit! Easiest border crossing ever.

We got to the show early to check out our seats (6th row on Mike's side) and chat with fellow fan clubbers. The Supersuckers were quite possibly the best opening band I've seen at a PJ show. Quite entertaining and deserving of further listening. Though they repeated their bass bit (where every band member takes a turn) both nights I saw, it was still fun to watch. Ed came out attired in a flashy suit jacket and mexican wrestling mask to sing X's Poor Girl which was well received by the half-full arena.

Pearl Jam came out to a thunderous ovation and I could barely make out the opening notes to Betterman. I turned to my friend and said "Wow". I could not believe they were opening with it. I knew right then that this night was going to be special in some way. Rumors were abound that Neil was going to show up, so that thought was there. Then there was the unbelievable crowd. Even though Eddie sang the entire opening verse, the crowd was just as loud. The band then churned out 4 1/10 rapid fire rockers. During the breakdown section in Save You, the fan club area was one up on Ed, doing the clap clap clap-clap-clap thing. Ed finally noticed and joined in with a slight look of surprise and joy on his face. Ed's mood changed though as he gave the finger to the American flag hanging in the arena during the appropriate line in Greivance. The 1/10 is because they got a short bit into Sad before Jeff and Stone made it clear that that wasn't the song that was supposed to be played. Jeff was trying to switch out basses when they just stopped. They went ahead with GTF- looking around the arena during the "Arms wide open..." line saw very few people without their hands in the air. Sad should be interesting on the bootleg as Mike was clearly having problems with his guitar. Several times he played chords that clearly were not what they should be, and he kept doing it at awkward times.

The first real indication that this crowd was bat-shit insane came during the Daughter tag. Ed grabbed a cell phone and had the crowd eating out of his hand. Noting how into the moment this crowd is, he starts ABITW2. The call and response on this song was nothing short of phenomenal in person. I'm a Floyd fan, so I was pumped to hear the tag, but hearing 16,000 people or whatever singing along gave me chills. PJ followed this up with Wishlist which resulted in another band-crowd moment. After seeing the crowd with their "hands upraised and open toward the sky" Ed simply said something along the lines of "fucking amazing", a sentiment he'd repeat a couple more times before the show was over.

Even Flow was next. No matter how many times we hear this song (and that's a lot of times), when you hear it in person it's like you haven't heard it in years. Listening to Mike's solo I just closed my eyes and soaked in his guitar playing. As far as I am concerned, I could listen to Mike play an Even Flow solo any day.

A lyrically different Untitled (probably because Ed seemed he couldn't quite remember the normal lyrics) was followed by a decent MFC that again seemed to be another fan club favorite. Next up was 1/2 Full, which I swear every time I hear the opening notes to I think I'm hearing Red Mosquito until 5-6 seconds in. I could swear I heard someone near me yell "Red Mosquito" too, so hopefully it just isn't me. 1/2 Full has really grown on me, though, so I didn't mind that I'd been fooled yet again.

Immortality. One of my favorite songs. I closed my eyes for most of it. Mike, no matter how he plays his solo, owns this song. This time the solo started with two long, sustained notes and these may be the most emotional two notes I've heard. I felt the emotion, I got the chills. Amazing.

The guy behind me timed Lukin- 59 seconds. Unbelievable. Jeremy was yet another display of crowd insanity. Ed let us sing and did we sing. Another chill moment as the crowd took over the "whoas" with zeal.

If I had to pick one Pearl Jam song I could never get sick of- Black is it. After the mostly acoustic 2003 versions, it was refreshing to hear a mostly electric version once again. Again, the crowd took over this song, this time before Ed even asked. Ed seemed genuinely emotional as he sat at the side of the stage and took in the moment. Mike had another incredible solo here as well. At the very end we got a "we belong together" before Ed said that he'd sang that song many times but very few times has he been moved like he was. What an incredible moment.

DTE closed out the set on a rockin note. The audience never stopped cheering. When the band returned and the opening notes of In Hiding rang out I probably said my 15th "Wow" of the night. What a treat to hear. After hearing the first (albeit truncated) version of In My Tree in 2003, I was more than excited to hear it again, as was everyone around me judging by the cheer that went up when it started. I'm sort of tired of Crazy Mary, so I wasn't exactly excited to hear it. The crowd was, though, taking over the "L O I T E R I N G" to Eddie's amazement. During the fantastic solo contest between Mike and Boom (with Mike right next to Boom, feeding off of each other like I've never seen) Eddie was outside on the opposite side of the stage passing out the wine bottle to an enthusiastic mob of fans. Alive saw the most people I've ever witnessed yelling "Yeah" in unison. An awesome sight- 16000 fist pumping arms in the air as the band torches the end of the song. Blood seemed almost an afterthought after this.

As soon I saw the acoustic bass being brought out to the stage during the set break I knew what I was going to hear- Indifference. This was the song I was dying to hear live since I saw them for the first time. Knowing it isn't played that often, I was actually nervous in anticipation to hear it. Jeff started the baseline amidst the crowd noise from the bands return to the stage and I'll be damned if that crowd didn't go nearly silent as the song began to take shape. They knew this was a special song. The chills I got during the "I will scream.." part were intense. I can die a happy man.

Now it was a special fan's turn. Ed mentioned seeing this gal at the shows wearing the same shirt and that he was nervous it hadn't been washed so they were going to play the song. We didn't know what it was until she got up on the stage and turned around. Smile. The fan club area was very happy, it seemed, to hear this one. On a side note- throw in the TB show the next night, and the last three shows I've seen have had a fan be invited up onto the stage to sing. Maybe I'll have a turn some day.

Ed finally made reference to Neil Young after this, and honestly this was the first time I thought of Neil since the beginning of the show. Pearl Jam did a damn fine job of keeping my mind off of that potential show stealer. Unfortunately it was made clear that Neil was not there, so we would not be seeing him that night, but Small Town was played and dedicated to "Uncle Neil". Fuckin' Up or RITFW were pretty much a given to close, but surprisingly we got both. The Winnipeg fans ate it up. With the house lights up you could clearly see how much this crowd loved what they were hearing. If I had a camera I would have taken a picture- I had never seen anything like it. The show ended on an incredible note, and Ed thanked the Winnipeg fans for being "fucking amazing". They were.

Frankly, on paper this show looks as if it is a run-of-the-mill 2003 Pearl Jam show, save for Sad and a couple encores. However, this show was anything but run-of-the-mill. Bottom line is this is likely the loudest and most energetic crowd I've ever been a part of at an arena show, beating out the Target Center show in Minneapolis in '98. The fans were indeed nothing short of fucking amazing. I ran in to an old high school friend after the show who was seeing his 31-32 PJ shows. He agreed that it was the loudest he has heard a crowd. Somehow I doubt this will come through on the bootlegs as the mics are not facing the crowd, but trust me when I say this crowd should go down as one of the best ever. The band clearly felt it as they put on a fucking incredible show in response. I have never been as exhausted after a show as I was after Winnipeg. I slept like a baby, dreaming of more PJ yet to come.
  • Options
    Andy slash, your review moved me. It's one thing to hear it was a great crowd from a Winnipeger, but to hear it from you and your friend means alot.
    I was worried that Winnipeg would just give the band a standard crowd response. I've seen over 40 concerts in this city over a span of 28 years and not one compares to this show, in ways of crowd noise.
    I guess I was concerned because I don't know anybody that is into the band
    like I am. I must be looking in the wrong places cause this crowd was insane!!!and untill thursday my friends and family thought I was crazy.(after the show my freind and stepdaughter said to me.."I get it now, why you love this band so much"
    seeing my city give my band such a huge welcome made me proud to be a winnipeger
  • Options
    Winnipeg show was amazing. Pearl Jam is the best band going with the coolest fans.
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:

A lyrically different Untitled (probably because Ed seemed he couldn't quite remember the normal lyrics) was followed by a decent MFC that again seemed to be another fan club favorite. Next up was 1/2 Full, which I swear every time I hear the opening notes to I think I'm hearing Red Mosquito until 5-6 seconds in. I could swear I heard someone near me yell "Red Mosquito" too, so hopefully it just isn't me. 1/2 Full has really grown on me, though, so I didn't mind that I'd been fooled yet again.

Frankly, on paper this show looks as if it is a run-of-the-mill 2003 Pearl Jam show, save for Sad and a couple encores. However, this show was anything but run-of-the-mill. Bottom line is this is likely the loudest and most energetic crowd I've ever been a part of at an arena show, beating out the Target Center show in Minneapolis in '98.

That was me yelling "RED MOSQUITO!!" :)

I agree with you though, loudest fucking crowd since Minneapolis '98 for me. :D
  • Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    i miss the trip already:(
  • Options
    The Winnipeg boot is still the best so far of the Canadian dates, it's going to be tough to top this one.
  • Options
    Hello, I am new to this board. Is it just me, or does the bootleg for the Winnipeg show have a second disc that is over 80 minutes? Or is that just me? Thanks!

Hello, I'm new too (though I've been lurking and reading the reviews of all the Canadian shows, and I was way up at the far end of the arena at this show - AWESOME show!). I went to burn the Winnipeg boot onto CD, and disc 2 is about 6 seconds too long! To get around this I simply omitted the "Encore" cheering - there is one track just under 1 minute long - then it fits easily. Maybe using a different program to burn it would have allowed it to fit...I used Sonic.

This was my second live PJ show, the first was way back in 93 at Sunfest in Gimli (which was pretty awesome, though my memory of it is blurred by the vast quantities of alcohol I had ingested that day). I thought the crowd and band were amazing in 'The Phone Booth' (MTS Centre). I've been to over 50 arena/stadium concerts easily, have seen some of the biggest bands in the world (The Rolling Stones, U2, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith...) and this was the BEST show I've been to. No messing around with useless banter, just a straight ahead rock show where the band and the music are ON. Thanks PJ, and all the rocking fans there last Thursday.
    Darth Tater

14-08-1993 Gimli Motorsport Park: Gimli MB ("Mudfest")
    08-09-2005 MTS Centre: Winnipeg MB
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    Well, I just downloaded the show and two things pop out right away:

Lukin was indeed 59 seconds. The guy timed it perfectly.

At the very end of Black, Ed doesn't say "we belong together" he says "we didn't belong together"... Sad.
  • Options
    ahh, i think i just had another eargasm
    the oceans made me, but who came up with love?
  • Options
    Was one of the best shows I've seen!!! I don't need to expain much if you were there!!!! Words can't describe how f'ing awesome it was. I appreciate all efforts from everyone who make these unforgettable shows happen. It's so cool to sit 7th row and feel so appreciated as a fan!!!!! It's a great thing that makes my life a very happy place!!!
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Minneapolis Fan