Options

Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    How many seasons do you think his show will last?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

How many seasons do you think his show will last?

Whenever Walter White walks into his office...

Maybe 5-6 seasons.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Did they give us a time frame for this show? How many years before BB?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I guess it could over lap into breaking bad a little bit. Saul wasn't a main character when he first appeared on BB. But I can't imagine it could over lap that much. The last episode of the second to last season BCS could be Walt walking into Sauls office. And the last season will probably catch up with the opening scene of the series with Saul working at the cinnabun.

It's strange already knowing the end of a series. I guess the cliffhanger is whether or not Saul gets caught in the end.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    JK_Livin said:

Did they give us a time frame for this show? How many years before BB?

This is 2002. BB started in 2008 I believe?
  • Options
    Did the show tell us that somehow?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I love the guy that took the watch. He was in Clerks 2 and was defending Lord of The Rings v. Star Wars.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Did the show tell us that somehow?

The date of the newspaper of local hero jimmy.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,302
    at some point the show could fast forward to present day saul right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Yes, witness protection Saul, working at the Cinnabon.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

I'm thinking that might happen. That's how they started the show, so it'd be a good way to end it. Then maybe they will do a new spinoff show that will continue from there?
  • Options

I'm thinking that might happen. That's how they started the show, so it'd be a good way to end it. Then maybe they will do a new spinoff show that will continue from there?
    breaking bad would show you a glimpse of the future at the beginning of their seasons and then end up there by the end. might be kind of cool to see saul's past catch up with him at some point.

doubt there is another spinoff though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    Has anyone tried calling James M McGill and leaving a message?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729

No but I called Nacho. Got the same voice message that appeared on the show.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Awesome show.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options

No but I called Nacho. Got the same voice message that appeared on the show.
    Did you leave a message?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    First weak episode in my opinion. Looking forward to a little more back story on Mike next week.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729

First weak episode in my opinion. Looking forward to a little more back story on Mike next week.

Yeah I wasn't into this one either. Saul's visits with potential clients was kinda filler (I laughed at the toilet guy part though). I like that the plot is gonna thicken with Mike though too.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Breaking Bad had filler, too. Just seems too early for filler.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,919

Yeah I wasn't into this one either. Saul's visits with potential clients was kinda filler (I laughed at the toilet guy part though). I like that the plot is gonna thicken with Mike though too.
    yeah that was good/funny and the first dude with the pictures of himself on the money was good. I kinda dozed off towards the very end, but Why did Mike get arrested?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    i thought it was a good episode. sure there was filler, albeit funny stuff "yeah that's it. fill me up conner!" haha......the scenes with his brother were great. and the last 10 minutes that featured mike were outstanding. i think the show pivots here to their relationship and saul/jimmy defending him in court for whatever he did.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

i thought it was a good episode. sure there was filler, albeit funny stuff "yeah that's it. fill me up conner!" haha......the scenes with his brother were great. and the last 10 minutes that featured mike were outstanding. i think the show pivots here to their relationship and saul/jimmy defending him in court for whatever he did.

The episode was a little bit all over the place, but I still enjoyed it. I'm glad that they are finally going to start getting into Mike's story and how the relationship with him and Jimmy really got started.

Also, the diner that they showed Mike sitting in at the end was used in Breaking Bad before but I can't figure out which episode! Anyone else pick up on that?
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283

Agreed. Happy it ended well, though, and the scenes from the next episode look great. So really looking forward to next week. I love the character of Mike!

The episode was a little bit all over the place, but I still enjoyed it. I'm glad that they are finally going to start getting into Mike's story and how the relationship with him and Jimmy really got started.

Also, the diner that they showed Mike sitting in at the end was used in Breaking Bad before but I can't figure out which episode! Anyone else pick up on that?
    I noticed that with the diner, too! Was it where Todd met with his uncles once in the last season? Can't exactly put my finger on it either.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    samjam said:

Agreed. Happy it ended well, though, and the scenes from the next episode look great. So really looking forward to next week. I love the character of Mike!

I noticed that with the diner, too! Was it where Todd met with his uncles once in the last season? Can't exactly put my finger on it either.
    I can't remember either. Was it where Walt met with the corporate lady, can't remember her name. She was paranoid like a MF.
  • Options
    I wonder why Jimmy doesn't commit his brother. He seems to care for his brother and wants to help him, now he can't deny it is a mental issue, and he gets to stick it to Hamlin. Seems he would get everything he wants by doing it, yet he hasn't.

Maybe it goes back to Chuck never giving up on Slippin' Jimmy, so he won't give up on his brother?
  • Options

samjam said:

I can't remember either. Was it where Walt met with the corporate lady, can't remember her name. She was paranoid like a MF.
    yep that was the same diner.

somebody i work with is CONVINCED that mike's house is next door to the place jesse lived in season 2 (when his gf overdosed in his bed while walt watched). i didn't pay attention that closely. anyone else see this?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

samjam said:

somebody i work with is CONVINCED that mike's house is next door to the place jesse lived in season 2 (when his gf overdosed in his bed while walt watched). i didn't pay attention that closely. anyone else see this?
    I will check it out. Have it recorded.
  • Options
    I'm still wondering what that broad and saul have going on. Didn't Mike say in BB he got in trouble for shooting a guy while he was a cop?
  • Options

I'm still wondering what that broad and saul have going on. Didn't Mike say in BB he got in trouble for shooting a guy while he was a cop?

Isn't that exactly the same way he got arrested in Breaking Bad, near the end? I felt like I had seen that before.
  • Options

samjam said:

Then why did Mike have to drive there to help with the OD?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer