Options

Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254

I read this tidbit in Sepinwall's review. Nacho's full name is Ignacio per what Mike said in the minivan. In the BB episode where Saul first appears and Walt/Jesse have Saul out in the desert, Saul screams out "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!" So obviously Saul will get involved in some serious shit with Nacho eventually.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-better-call-saul-pimento-shut-the-door-have-a-seat

Interesting!!!
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I'll admit, I was a little bit skeptical about this show. Just didn't think the character could carry his own show, despite being fantastic in breaking bad. I have to say the show is growing on me though. Definitely has a lot of potential
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880
    I wonder if Huell will make an appearance in the future?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I was upset that the episode ended just like with BB.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    season finale tonight!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Ugh....that was one the longest, most boring hours of television I've ever sat through. A total filler episode as the season finale. Come on, man. Love the show and like any show/band/sports team you love you'll find something you don't like. But man, I'm shocked this was the season finale. Oh well. I like his declaration at the very end and look forward to see him be more Saul and less Jimmy. But man oh man, I hated this episode.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Ugh....that was one the longest, most boring hours of television I've ever sat through. A total filler episode as the season finale. Come on, man. Love the show and like any show/band/sports team you love you'll find something you don't like. But man, I'm shocked this was the season finale. Oh well. I like his declaration at the very end and look forward to see him be more Saul and less Jimmy. But man oh man, I hated this episode.

Watching it now. The bingo scene is painful to watch. Hence, me playing with my phone. Snooze fest.
  • Options

there was some lagging moments and yeah it def. wasn't the best finale, but wasn't too bad. I didn't really think there was gonna be a huge/shocking finale though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I went through a couple of the breaking bad episodes with saul in them. It's funny to hear him say "I convinced a woman once I was Kevin costner!"
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    A bit of a slow finale, yes, but all in all terrific first season!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,280
    samjam said:

Character development. I don't need constant action to be entertained. What they did with this character over the course of this season all the way through to the final scene was a pleasure to watch. I mean he was a part time character in Breaking Bad. Comic relief. Literally nothing more than that. Now there are so many levels of depth to him. For a spinoff/prequal, I am astonished at how well made this show is. And I am very happy they are taking their time telling the Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman story.

Can't wait till season two.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

I went through a couple of the breaking bad episodes with saul in them. It's funny to hear him say "I convinced a woman once I was Kevin costner!"

To that, Walts first meeting with Saul, saul said my last names mcgill. That was sauls first appearance of BB. I wonder when the producers decided to do the spin off on jimmy. His buddy ring c was kn his finger in the first meeting. Very cool to see them work backwards to get the AHH, I see it now. That's why he did or said whatever.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744

samjam said:

Character development. I don't need constant action to be entertained. What they did with this character over the course of this season all the way through to the final scene was a pleasure to watch. I mean he was a part time character in Breaking Bad. Comic relief. Literally nothing more than that. Now there are so many levels of depth to him. For a spinoff/prequal, I am astonished at how well made this show is. And I am very happy they are taking their time telling the Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman story.

Yep. I don't need to see someone get murdered or anything huge to happen just because it's the season finale. Like you said, the way that they have developed this character over these first 10 episodes has been outstanding. I was pretty skeptical going into this, but I really like this show and can't wait for next season.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283

samjam said:

Yep, slow doesn't have to equate to bad! Was wondering if there were gonna be any crazy moments in the finale, but it was a smooth ride through, and agreed, great character development that continued on through this last episode.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    Time to give someone a Chicago Sunroof!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    Maybe the weakest episode of the season, but still pretty solid.

I'm curious what the fallout will be from him walking away from that other firm. Kim won't be happy, Howard probably will be upset too. Howard seemed to actually like Jimmy, since it was all Chuck's doings. Chuck is probably the only person that doesn't want to see Jimmy succeed.

I liked the dynamic of the way Chuck treated and thought of Jimmy being almost exactly like Jimmy towards Marco. The one person Jimmy looked down at had unconditional love for him, and the one person Jimmy held in high esteem cared very little for him.

• Options
    almost for this comes back in a few weeks. :smile:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQu6K6nqR_A
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

almost for this comes back in a few weeks. :smile:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQu6K6nqR_A

nice!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    season premiere tomorrow! :smiley:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Thank goodness for Netflix (and I don't say that very often these days) I finally got to watch season 1. Been thru it twice now. All I can say is, as of now, it looks like Vince Gilligan has done it again. I don't have cable so it looks like I'll be avoiding this thread for another year, lol. Enjoy the S2 premiere tonight, folks!
  • Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157
    Love this show. Can't wait for season 2 tonight
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options
    Loved seeing that obnoxious finance guy that Walt had a run in with. What is the ring from again, his buddy during the Slippin Jimmy days that died?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Very entertaining debut. I love this show.

I thought the finance guy looked familiar but I couldn't place him in my mind for some reason.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think Walt set his car on fire or something like that in one of the 1st few episodes.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,602
    I enjoyed it but I get a lot of what this guy is saying, though I don't agree with the whole Saul/jimmy thing. It is slow but I like the jimmy character and seeing how it evolves into Saul

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/15/arts/television/better-call-saul-season-2-episode-1-review.html
  • Options

I enjoyed it but I get a lot of what this guy is saying, though I don't agree with the whole Saul/jimmy thing. It is slow but I like the jimmy character and seeing how it evolves into Saul

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/15/arts/television/better-call-saul-season-2-episode-1-review.html

Reading that article, I got the impression the writer is a fan of shows like CSI or Law and Order where things are wrapped up neatly in one hour. I know people are upset that this show is slow, but I am really enjoying it. Who cares if he is not Saul yet? The road to get there is pretty interesting to me. And it took Walt a full season, basically, to morph into Heisenberg. We'll see Saul soon enough.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Reading that article, I got the impression the writer is a fan of shows like CSI or Law and Order where things are wrapped up neatly in one hour. I know people are upset that this show is slow, but I am really enjoying it. Who cares if he is not Saul yet? The road to get there is pretty interesting to me. And it took Walt a full season, basically, to morph into Heisenberg. We'll see Saul soon enough.

Like I said, I agree with you on that part. I don't think that it is as "clean" (not the right word) as Breaking Bad with things like how loud that dude was at the bar, Kim going from Jimmy's moral compass to feeding into him instantly, etc. That is a bit more nit picky though.
  • Options

Like I said, I agree with you on that part. I don't think that it is as "clean" (not the right word) as Breaking Bad with things like how loud that dude was at the bar, Kim going from Jimmy's moral compass to feeding into him instantly, etc. That is a bit more nit picky though.
    I think Kim just likes Jimmy and felt bad for him and wanted to play along with him. I didn't see it as some big breaking her moral code thing.

I see your point about the guy being loud though. That was weird. And the dude with the car--that was just funny to me. Jimmy/Saul's probably gonna get involved with him at some point, which leads him to Nacho obviously.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I think Kim just likes Jimmy and felt bad for him and wanted to play along with him. I didn't see it as some big breaking her moral code thing.

I see your point about the guy being loud though. That was weird. And the dude with the car--that was just funny to me. Jimmy/Saul's probably gonna get involved with him at some point, which leads him to Nacho obviously.
    That's fair. I just thought the timing was weird. Trying to convince him to be a lawyer to playing along with a scam...I hear you though. They were having a good time.

Ha, yeah, that dude with his baseball cards too... Ah, yeah, no doubt. Am sure he ends up as his lawyer when he inevitably gets arrested.
  • Options
    The loud guy did the same exact thing in BB. He was very loud and rude which caused Walt to react.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer