Options

Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

1242526272830»

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Not a real action packed episode but an amazing way to wind it up.  Not expected.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Absolutely amazing series and perfect way to wrap it up!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    huh. Kim was his Achilles heel....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Saul/himself was his Achilles heel.  

From season 3-on, he had been building a psychological wall, that was accelerated when Chuck died and also again when Howard died.  Jimmy refused to tap into any sort of guilt, regret, or grief.  That led to the Saul persona.  He wasnt the same person that Kim knew as she said in the last episode to Jesse.

This episode was showing that Saul had no regrets, only thinking of better schemes to get money.  Jimmy busted out and came clean on everything.  Even said his name was Jimmy McGill as he unbuttoned a button on that gaudy suit.  He is finally free to be himself, albeit in prison.  You see him as Jimmy with Kim and his look of (relief?), you see all the inmates respecting him as 'Saul', and you also have a bit of Gene making the baked goods for the prison.  Jimmy/Saul/Gene, even though he is in prison, is in a much better place than the Gene existence.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    That was one of the better series finales I've seen ever. Pretty much perfect.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,789
    Wow. Doesn’t get any better than that. Bittersweet. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    I thought that was the perfect way for this show to end.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,457
    Brilliantly done.

I knew that chase scene was gonna be over quick. The negotiations with the government lawyers were fun. It was nice to see Kim get back in the game. I really want a Cinn-a-bun now.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Brilliantly done.

I knew that chase scene was gonna be over quick. The negotiations with the government lawyers were fun. It was nice to see Kim get back in the game. I really want a Cinn-a-bun now.

I don't think she's back in the game. I think she only used her bar card to get in to visit Jimmy
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Brilliantly done.

I don't think she's back in the game. I think she only used her bar card to get in to visit Jimmy
    Ah - that's what she meant. Got it.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Brilliantly done.

she is volunteering at that clinic....

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    yeah, I think you are meant to assume that she is going to dedicate herself to helping represent those who cannot afford it.  Whether or not she is and can be an actual lawyer is questionable... but at the very least she is going to assist, as we saw when she walked in and volunteered at that one place.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Brilliantly done.

I guess it's an open question whether she just briefly volunteered to get her bar card or is a permanent volunteer and therefore, yes, back in the game.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Brilliantly done.

I guess it's an open question whether she just briefly volunteered to get her bar card or is a permanent volunteer and therefore, yes, back in the game.

Volunteering at that place had nothing to do with her bar card. Why would answering phones in Florida have any bearing on her status in New Mexico? 

I took what she said to Jimmy literally. "turns out my bar card doesn't have an expiration date". The actual physical card doesn't show when her status expires, so she flashed that at the prison, said she was Jimmy's lawyer and was able to visit him.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Brilliantly done.

Volunteering at that place had nothing to do with her bar card. Why would answering phones in Florida have any bearing on her status in New Mexico? 

I took what she said to Jimmy literally. "turns out my bar card doesn't have an expiration date". The actual physical card doesn't show when her status expires, so she flashed that at the prison, said she was Jimmy's lawyer and was able to visit him.
    Yeah but isn't he at a maximum security kind of prison though? I would think they'd have more stringent ways of verifying who gets in and out.

I thought the volunteering was her way of dipping her toes back in and assumed she got back into it prior to visiting Jimmy...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    she voluntarily gave up her law license. she hadnt been sanctioned. and it didnt appear she would be given the totality.

she would simply need to pass the bar in fla..... to be a practicing atty. she could also be a paralegal. or simply help the effort as shown.

she, like jessie, walked away "clean"

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    MayDay10 said:
    yeah, I think you are meant to assume that she is going to dedicate herself to helping represent those who cannot afford it.  Whether or not she is and can be an actual lawyer is questionable... but at the very least she is going to assist, as we saw when she walked in and volunteered at that one place.
    which could make an incredible spin off show
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Haha. That is great. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Haha. That is great. 
    I think it is fake. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Sorry wrong thread.
    Post edited by Johnny Abruzzo on

• Options

• Options

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    Haha. That is great. 
    I think it is fake. 
    I do too, but very well done. 
  • Options
    auctioning off some 250 set pieces.....