Options

Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014

Last episode was very slow. And predictable. This show needs to speed things up some.

You do know the show is a prequel, so for the most part we know what happens. Why Mike broke into the cop car was an unknown, but Mike baiting those cops, I think everyone knew he was just pretending to be drunk. Mike is smooth like that.

The episode just gave a better understanding of who Mike is, since his past in BB wasn't talked about. He was an ex-cop from Philly, that's about all we knew about Mike before. Now we know how/why he headed up in ABQ.
    yeah i don't get why he broke into the car. I thought he might try and rig it so it would blow up or something. Did he take a gun?
    He planted a gun knowing that the cops would take his personal gun.
    Yeah, later you find out why he broke into the car. I was just saying how most of the episode you knew what was going to happen just because of the nature of a prequel. One of the few unknowns in the episode was the the break in, actually had to let that one play out. When he grabbed the gun tucked into the backseat, it was one of those classic Mike moments. Sneaky bastard.

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Need a Will? Better Call McGill! lmao
    and
    Mike is such a badass, I'm glad he avenged his son's death- a true family man.
    Interesting that the vet wanted to refer him for jobs. I wonder if he knows Gus Fring?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Zzzzzzzzzzzz.............
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,954

Yeah I literally fell asleep TWICE (both times during the same part). Towards the end when Saul was in the house and Mike was watching him. No one was talking and all you heard for like 10 minutes was music being played. I dozed off during then.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Yeah I literally fell asleep TWICE (both times during the same part). Towards the end when Saul was in the house and Mike was watching him. No one was talking and all you heard for like 10 minutes was music being played. I dozed off during then.
    Yeah, that scene definitely dragged on a lot longer than it needed to. I still enjoyed the episode though.....Mrs. Kettleman is nuts!
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I thought I saw one of the guys from Todd's Uncles gang on a wanted poster.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I thought I saw one of the guys from Todd's Uncles gang on a wanted poster.

I gotta go back on DVR and look at that poster again....there's gotta be someone that we know on there...
  • Options

The guy on the right, Kenny, is the one I thought I recognized.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I liked the scene with Mike, might have been a bit boring, but never know what to expect with Mike. I was sorta expecting Mike to have to clean up a mess after they found the money out back, Mrs Kettleman goes up stairs and grabs a gun after Mr Kettleman tells her he is taking the deal. She is crazy enough to do something like that.

I saw pointed out elsewhere the dude that was in the bathroom with Jimmy was on one of the posters.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731

I'm trying with this show. But honestly, one-hour dramas really aren't for me. In fact, I've never ever watched one other than Breaking Bad. I tried it once on Netflix and fell down the rabbit hole. That's why I'm giving Saul a try. But other than Breaking Bad, I've ever watched a single one-hour drama (except for like half a season of the Sopranos). Walking Dead, Game Of Throwns, Dexter, Lost, Mad Men....I've never seen a single episode of any of them.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    i think something will happen and the show will explode..is like put us to sleep to suprise us
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    It definitely has a different tempo than BB had. If a lot of the storyline is based around Mike, I'd expect more slow suspense.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Mike sure likes apples. And I'm still liking the show. BB wasn't perfect. There were a few episodes that dragged on, too.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    i love this show
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283

i think something will happen and the show will explode..is like put us to sleep to suprise us

I think it's more exciting than 'put us to sleep' haha, I can deal with a plot build up, but I agree that something's bound to happen that's just gonna blow the show open!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I'm not worried about the show's pace. Breaking Bad was pretty slow out of the gate too. BB set the bar really high and I think we need to realize Saul is it's own thing.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    mca47 said:

I'm not worried about the show's pace. Breaking Bad was pretty slow out of the gate too. BB set the bar really high and I think we need to realize Saul is it's own thing.

agreed. gilligan built up more than enough trust with breaking bad to start this show off how ever he likes. i think it's awesome so far.

remember a week or two when people were speculating about whether chuck was faking his illness? what did you guys think about this week's episode where he was outside testing himself...then when he was inside he laughed a little bit when jimmy went into the other room then he was immediately fine and making himself some coffee. not sure i believe he is faking anything but i thought that sequence was a little odd.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    What happened to Chuck last night? Seems when he gets lost in his work he is unaware of his health issue...

I have a feeling this Sandpiper case will end the Jimmy and Chuck relationship somehow. I really hope someday Jimmy sticks it to Howard. To crash his party like that, that was low. Let Jimmy have his moment of glory before you smash his dreams.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Seems to me that Chuck is faking the issue, and totally forgot about it in the course of working the Case.
    You just know that the HMM law firm is gonna somehow sweep this case from underneath their feet.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Seems to me that Chuck is faking the issue, and totally forgot about it in the course of working the Case.
    You just know that the HMM law firm is gonna somehow sweep this case from underneath their feet.

i don't think he's faking it. I think it's just all in his head though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    After the last show I don't think he's faking any more.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940

i don't think he's faking it. I think it's just all in his head though.
    I think someone with Chuck's affliction likely suffers from a mental disorder and not a physical one (which doesn't make it any less real, but would make it more realistic). If this were the case, if his mind were drifting elsewhere, a strong enough distraction would help him forget about his affliction and temporarily 'beat it'. When his head's back on earth though, he remembers who he is, what he fears, and what he's around, and is crippled again.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    watching the replay now. i think that was the same parking lot that was in breaking bad where walt planted a bomb on Gus' car. Funny when mike asked the big dude if he wanted a gun after beating the shit out of the other guy and he ran away.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Great episode. The downfall of Jimmy is officially underway......
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Yeah, looks like everyone turned on Jimmy. I wonder what Howard said to Kim though.

• Options

Yeah, looks like everyone turned on Jimmy. I wonder what Howard said to Kim though.

I'm guessing Howard told her that it was Chuck who didn't want Jimmy involved.

The thing I don't get is why can't Jimmy just take this case to another law firm? I get that he wanted to work with his brother, but since it's clear that won't be happening, why wouldn't he just take the case somewhere else so he can be involved in it??
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

I'm guessing Howard told her that it was Chuck who didn't want Jimmy involved.

The thing I don't get is why can't Jimmy just take this case to another law firm? I get that he wanted to work with his brother, but since it's clear that won't be happening, why wouldn't he just take the case somewhere else so he can be involved in it??
    I would say that Jimmy is a complete unknown in the legal world. It sort of looks like HHM is the only big firm in town.

You could see this coming when Chuck found out Jimmy passed the exam.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I laughed really hard when Nacho dropped the twenty and the nerdy pill dealer had to chase it down.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

I laughed really hard when Nacho dropped the twenty and the nerdy pill dealer had to chase it down.

Yea, that was good.
  • Options
    I read this tidbit in Sepinwall's review. Nacho's full name is Ignacio per what Mike said in the minivan. In the BB episode where Saul first appears and Walt/Jesse have Saul out in the desert, Saul screams out "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!" So obviously Saul will get involved in some serious shit with Nacho eventually.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-better-call-saul-pimento-shut-the-door-have-a-seat