Options

Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    JK_Livin said:

The loud guy did the same exact thing in BB. He was very loud and rude which caused Walt to react.

Yeah, I think the point was that a gas station was different than a hotel bar. No need to go on and on about this. I just kinda got what the review was saying.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

JK_Livin said:

The loud guy did the same exact thing in BB. He was very loud and rude which caused Walt to react.

Yeah, I think the point was that a gas station was different than a hotel bar. No need to go on and on about this. I just kinda got what the review was saying.
    Didn't realize that was S3 of BB. I thought it was a lot earlier.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    This might be my favorite show on TV right now. Really good stuff. It looks like Jimmy won't be turning into Saul as quickly as the end of last season made it look like he would be. The only thing I don't like is that the seasons are only 10 episodes.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251

This might be my favorite show on TV right now. Really good stuff. It looks like Jimmy won't be turning into Saul as quickly as the end of last season made it look like he would be. The only thing I don't like is that the seasons are only 10 episodes.

Same here. I have no problem at all with the pace of the show. Great show!
    I do wonder how many seasons it will take to catch up to when BB started. It seems like from the timing in the show (where Saul is at right now)...he might be 2-3 years away from when he meets Walt. He's got to get involved with a lot of shady characters still because come the time BB happened, Saul needs to know a lot of "I know a guy who knows a guy" people.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

I do wonder how many seasons it will take to catch up to when BB started. It seems like from the timing in the show (where Saul is at right now)...he might be 2-3 years away from when he meets Walt. He's got to get involved with a lot of shady characters still because come the time BB happened, Saul needs to know a lot of "I know a guy who knows a guy" people.
    The timelines for this and breaking bad always interested me. I think we're looking at around 6 years out from the start of Breaking Bad. Right at 2003. Breaking bad starts in 2009 I believe, at Walt's 50th, right?

So then a couple things in last night's episode made me think it's around 2001-2002. First, and this isn't too much of a clue but the dummy with the Hummer was concerned about his signed Derek Jeter card, so it can't be too early in Jeter's career. Say after 2000 and the dynasty.

Another one is that I am 99% sure this is the cell phone he has in the plastic bad when he is in the pool.

The flip up ear piece phone. This came out around 2001, I think.

Finally, back to the Hummer dummy. He said he got the new H2, which came out in 2003, so it is a bit later than I originally expected but makes sense and everything pretty much lines up.

Plus you have to figure he doesn't just go from Jimmy to the Constitution and column office over night, I am sure that took time. I think we are a ways out and we may not see full blown Saul for a while, though we are obviously seeing glimpses of him now.

Also, I'm a nerd.
  • Options

mca47 said:

The timelines for this and breaking bad always interested me. I think we're looking at around 6 years out from the start of Breaking Bad. Right at 2003. Breaking bad starts in 2009 I believe, at Walt's 50th, right?

So then a couple things in last night's episode made me think it's around 2001-2002. First, and this isn't too much of a clue but the dummy with the Hummer was concerned about his signed Derek Jeter card, so it can't be too early in Jeter's career. Say after 2000 and the dynasty.

Another one is that I am 99% sure this is the cell phone he has in the plastic bad when he is in the pool.

Finally, back to the Hummer dummy. He said he got the new H2, which came out in 2003, so it is a bit later than I originally expected but makes sense and everything pretty much lines up.

Plus you have to figure he doesn't just go from Jimmy to the Constitution and column office over night, I am sure that took time. I think we are a ways out and we may not see full blown Saul for a while, though we are obviously seeing glimpses of him now.

Also, I'm a nerd.
    Nerd? You want to talk about being a nerd....hahahaha
    One error I noticed in the show last night.

When Saul was in the pool and he had that phone ^^ in the ziplock bag. The ziplock bag that was used for that scene was a style that came out in the last year or so. That ziplock bag didn't exist back in that time.

I'll take the nerd award for knowing the evolution of ziplock bags! LOL
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    mca47 said:

mca47 said:

Also, I'm a nerd.
    Nerd? You want to talk about being a nerd....hahahaha
    One error I noticed in the show last night.

When Saul was in the pool and he had that phone ^^ in the ziplock bag. The ziplock bag that was used for that scene was a style that came out in the last year or so. That ziplock bag didn't exist back in that time.

I'll take the nerd award for knowing the evolution of ziplock bags! LOL
    HA. One of the ziplock style bags? I did notice that but didn't think about it at all.

I also thought that there was no way that that would work (or at least I wouldn't trust it), for keeping your phone dry or having a conversation.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    edited February 2016
    I fell asleep on the couch beforehand and missed like the first 20-25 minutes of it image. Parts i did see i thought were solid although was kinda lost i guess. Like the dude with the hummer and stolen baseball cards. I saw Mike didn't want to go with him on his run cause of the hummer and the dude (was that Nacho?)he made the deal with saw something in the hummer? and then ransacked his place i guess. Not sure what was up with the police and what they were exactly looking for.

So was Jimmy's brother in the episode at all? the stuff with him and Kim were pretty good from the parts i saw
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The police were wondering why the place was completely ransacked and all they took were the baseball cards.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    will try and catch the first episode tonight (do they still repeat the previous episode before the new one?). hopefully i'll stay awake for the new episode :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited February 2016

mca47 said:

Also, I'm a nerd.
    according to wiki hummer 2 came out out in 2002 :wink:
    Back in 2002, Jimmy declines Davis & Main's employment offer in Santa Fe and closes down his law practice. Kim confronts Jimmy about his odd behavior, but Jimmy is content with his decision as he originally tried to be a lawyer to impress Chuck. Instead, he convinces her to help him con an obnoxious businessman, Ken, into paying their expensive tequila bar tab by posing as a pair of inexperienced investors. Thrilled by the experience, Kim spends the night with Jimmy, but it becomes clear that she does not want to participate in this behavior all the time. After some contemplation, Jimmy then changes his mind and decides to take the job with Davis & Main. Perks from his new job include an expensive company car as well as the cocobolo desk he always wanted. Jimmy notices a wall switch in his new office that specifically states that it should never be turned off. He turns it off and waits a moment to see what happens. When nothing does, he turns it back on.
    so looks like 2002 it is. watching the first episode now
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Good stuff last night
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    A very good episode. So do we think Jimmy leaves D&M or gets fired?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154

Good stuff last night

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

A very good episode. So do we think Jimmy leaves D&M or gets fired?

I could see it go either way. On one hand, I can see Jimmy getting some cases and him being bored to death then saying "F it, I'm going to start my own law firm." As the shady stuff starts coming in, I think he'll be more intrigued by it.
    Or he could start doing side projects taking him away from the job he was hired to do, they find out about it and fire him.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I think the season is starting pretty slow. It's good, but there are some slow scenes that I feel could be cut out considering there are only 10 episodes.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    The Cobbler...haha

Love this show
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I enjoy the subtleties in this show..in the season premiere, present day Jimmy doesnt dare open the alarmed Fire escape door when he got locked in the Garbage room at the mall.
    Flashback Jimmy sees the light switch at the firm that says not to touch it- he immediately flicks it off.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I really like the acting so far this season. Its a very well done show.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Season is off to a great start. Absolutely love this show!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    This show is the best. The squat cobbler!
  • Options
    Don't understand why he just went and ran the commercial. I get he was worried that they wouldn't have approved it given the boring other one, but still
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    edited March 2016

Don't understand why he just went and ran the commercial. I get he was worried that they wouldn't have approved it given the boring other one, but still

Because he's rapidly unraveling and turning into...Saul Goodman

Whatever happened to showmanship?!

So I kind of dozed off for a bit....did someone actually shoot at Mike's daughter in law's house or was she imagining it?

And I've always thought the paper guy driving around slowly at 4am is creepy
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

So I kind of dozed off for a bit....did someone actually shoot at Mike's daughter in law's house or was she imagining it?

I hear you and I get that, it just didn't make a ton of sense, even if he is turning into him. He does his own thing regardless of consequences and all, I get that, just no reason for him to not run it by the guy. I guess that's the point though.

Nah, no one shot the house. She's trying to get a new place out of him and it seems like it worked, even though he knows what she's doing.
  • Options

I hear you and I get that, it just didn't make a ton of sense, even if he is turning into him. He does his own thing regardless of consequences and all, I get that, just no reason for him to not run it by the guy. I guess that's the point though.

Nah, no one shot the house. She's trying to get a new place out of him and it seems like it worked, even though he knows what she's doing.
    I think there are a couple of reasons why he didn't get the approval. I think he knew it would work and by doing so, it would get praise from the legal team. He's still trying to make a name for himself and wants to show he can do that thing on his own...and doesn't need to be baby-sat by the partners or his brother. I also think Jimmy is just the kind of guy who takes shortcuts and cuts corners whenever he can. Smart guy who doesn't actually like to put in the work, the complete opposite of his brother.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

I think there are a couple of reasons why he didn't get the approval. I think he knew it would work and by doing so, it would get praise from the legal team. He's still trying to make a name for himself and wants to show he can do that thing on his own...and doesn't need to be baby-sat by the partners or his brother. I also think Jimmy is just the kind of guy who takes shortcuts and cuts corners whenever he can. Smart guy who doesn't actually like to put in the work, the complete opposite of his brother.
    Good stuff. Fair enough. I'm on board.
  • Options
    wonder who Nacho is afraid of?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

wonder who Nacho is afraid of?

Not sure. I don't recall, but is Nacho selling anything other than prescription drugs at this point? He seems like a pretty low level dealer at this point. Not sure who he'd want to off.