Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,588
    and if my Aunt Harriet had balls, she'd be my Uncle Harry.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    it could've all been meaningless if that jackass punted the ball over 10 yards :))
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    JK_Livin wrote: »
    it could've all been meaningless if that jackass punted the ball over 10 yards :))

I actually would have gone for it on 4th. The Lions definitely missed a lot of opportunities. But the blown call/not calling an obvious personal foul on Dez is the equivalent to tossing a game ending interception in terms of win percentage.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

what used to be the laughing smiley is now a happy face with a comma.

this fucking site.....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote: »

what used to be the laughing smiley is now a happy face with a comma.

this fucking site.....

I thought it was one of Christie's extra chins.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I just might take those points.

It's tempting. But to me, that says Sqauwks win by 3 touchdowns

There with you. I dont think 'Lina gets many (if any) points on the board.

True, but can Seattle score against Carolina's defense. The Panthers may only need 13 to cover.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,120
    10888763_305072209686502_8243909727213998805_n.jpg?oh=bb2e61fd24487e5c653041cece15fd0b&oe=55369A23
    10888706_304852983041758_831880911601170151_n.jpg?oh=f8e48205945b2a57e486d3ea6eb85186&oe=55392677&__gda__=1428295230_7a0f44326c21a82eefbb58801f7f15fb
    :)) ;)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    It's bad enough that the PI call was over turned after the ref announced it and walked off the yardage, but how did dez not get a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty? Has that been addressed at all? I haven't listened to any sports radio today. Was that mentioned?
  • Options
    I think it's very possible that the Colts beat Denver this week. Luck is a stud.
  • Options
    It's bad enough that the PI call was over turned after the ref announced it and walked off the yardage, but how did dez not get a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty? Has that been addressed at all? I haven't listened to any sports radio today. Was that mentioned?

we're past this....old news....move on if you can.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

The question was if the issue of dez running on the field was addressed on talk radio. That was a bigger mistake than picking up the PI flag. You may be over it because most of Dallas nation knows they lose the game if either penalty was called.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,733
    From ESPN discussion with the head of Officiating for NFL:
    Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant came onto the field without his helmet to argue the initial pass-interference call Sunday, an act that had many wondering why he wasn't flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. But Blandino said that Bryant's actions weren't an automatic penalty, as the rule against players taking their helmets off on the field applies only to players in the game at that time.

"The ref really wasn't listening to what I was saying," Bryant said Sunday. "I gave him my opinion. I thought it was a bad call. He was blocking me out and telling me to get back (to the sidelines) and the coaches, they were grabbing me. Since the play was dead, I thought it was OK."

The official on Sunday had "discretion" to decide whether Bryant's actions warranted a penalty and decided against it, although Blandino said he would have supported a penalty on the Cowboys' star receiver if one had been called.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Dallas actually committed three penalties on that play, all of which should have been an automatic first down:

1) Defensive holding coming just after the snap on the guy that should have been called for PI
    2) The PI
    3) Personal foul on Dez for coming on the field and arguing

But still, the Lions had their chances. They blew a 14 point lead. They had a chance to drive down the field at the end and lost TWO fumbles (luckily getting the first one back when the recovering Dallas player fumbled). The better team won. The automatic first down that Detroit should have gotten might have changed things, but they didn't get it and oh well.....
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

The question was if the issue of dez running on the field was addressed on talk radio.

I think Rush Limbaugh discussed it with some other conspiracy theories.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

The question was if the issue of dez running on the field was addressed on talk radio.

I think Rush Limbaugh discussed it with some other conspiracy theories.

I-)
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    To steal from The Juggler, bad calls/no calls have been part of football since the game was invented, my friends. Just like dirty players and dirty plays. Get over it.

Also, the same guy that didn't get the pass interference call also didn't get a face mask penalty called against him on the same play. The Lions got away with running into the kicker after the Cowboys got penalized for the same thing. It happens all the time. And as mentioned, the Lions had plenty of chances to win the game and they couldn't pull the trigger. They had the ball with 2:32 left in the game. Plenty of time left. It was theirs if they wanted it.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    To steal from The Juggler, bad calls/no calls have been part of football since the game was invented, my friends. Just like dirty players and dirty plays. Get over it.

Also, the same guy that didn't get the pass interference call also didn't get a face mask penalty called against him on the same play. The Lions got away with running into the kicker after the Cowboys got penalized for the same thing. It happens all the time. And as mentioned, the Lions had plenty of chances to win the game and they couldn't pull the trigger. They had the ball with 2:32 left in the game. Plenty of time left. It was theirs if they wanted it.

Yeesh. Bad calls are always going to be involved. The travesty that was the last quarter of that game will go down in history as one of the worst ever. Take off the star shaped glasses for a moment.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    luckcivilwar.jpg
  • Options
    Only in Bizzaro NFL could the Colts have a playoff game against Peyton Manning.

One of the Seven Seals has been broken. Prepare yourselves for the locust.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,733
    Jason P wrote: »
    luckcivilwar.jpg

:))
  • Options

The running into the kicker calls were not the same. The Dallas player struck the plant leg, automatic roughing, whereas the Detroit player was on his feet trying to hold up and did not strike the punter. He made brief contact. Blandino also said that it wasn't a facemask on the Detroit player on the Non-PI flag. Not trying to dwell on it but facts are facts.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    B6rKFwiCIAAXZ39.jpg
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Funniest picture of the year so far.
    Might want to strip that though
  • Options
    I'm hopeful that the city of St. Louis calls the NFL's bluff on the LA relocation. The worst thing that could happen to the NFL is losing their leverage of the threat of LA relocation by actually having a team in LA.

It would be harder to dupe taxpayers of existing franchises into funding their "non-profit" stadiums.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,766
    I'm hopeful that the city of St. Louis calls the NFL's bluff on the LA relocation. The worst thing that could happen to the NFL is losing their leverage of the threat of LA relocation by actually having a team in LA.

It would be harder to dupe taxpayers of existing franchises into funding their "non-profit" stadiums.

I feel like there have been so many new stadiums built in the past 20 years....what teams are even left that need a stadium besides the Raiders? My guess is the Rams will be in LA in 2016.
  • Options

I should shoot myself for keeping this alive, but....

mike perreira just said holding/interference should have been called; dez should not have been flagged....happens all the time and "helmet on" only pertains to players "in" the game.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

I feel like there have been so many new stadiums built in the past 20 years....what teams are even left that need a stadium besides the Raiders? My guess is the Rams will be in LA in 2016.
    The NFL need LA leverage to force taxpayers into building new stadiums in St Louis, San Diego, Buffalo, Miami, Kansas City, and Oakland.

Their plan worked in Minnesota. Politicians in fear of their jobs are using voter's money to fund $500M with another $20-$30M annually once the new stadium opens.

The Redskins are already pining about a new stadium even though their current one isn't even 20 years old.

If LA has a team, there aren't many cities left that pose serious threat to steal a team. Maybe San Antonio but that's about it after Toronto showed little fan interest.
  • Options
    Funny but I lived in LA when they lost both teams and was there until early 2012 & I LOVED that they lost the teams. Granted, I wasnt a fan of either team but neither was pretty much anyone I knew. A city of transplants and everyone seemed to like a team from somewhere else. My love came mostly from the fact that I could watch teams other than the Lambs and Nightmares play. They both suck such a high percentage of the time it was brutal to have to watch their games -- when you only got 3 games a week during normal football slots on Sundays (there was always Monday and later came Sunday night and now Thursday....soon Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sun lol) and 2 of them were already taken with the suck ass Rams and Raiders it was painful.
    I wonder how many people in LA right now REALLY want a team. Obviously the people that will make loads of money from it want it but do the people really want it? Maybe they are happy with Trojans/Bruins and going to San Diego if they want to attend an NFL game?
    I would be but I not longer live there & I know money talks anyhow.
  • Options
    It's funny how all the cowboy fans are saying get over it.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,766

The NFL need LA leverage to force taxpayers into building new stadiums in St Louis, San Diego, Buffalo, Miami, Kansas City, and Oakland.

Their plan worked in Minnesota. Politicians in fear of their jobs are using voter's money to fund $500M with another $20-$30M annually once the new stadium opens.

The Redskins are already pining about a new stadium even though their current one isn't even 20 years old.

If LA has a team, there aren't many cities left that pose serious threat to steal a team. Maybe San Antonio but that's about it after Toronto showed little fan interest.

I understand the leverage thing. But the NFL is desperate to get back to LA. They're not going to leave the #2 market in the country purposely open just so other teams can use it as leverage.